Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Joe Walsh & Bad Co.
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 6, 2016 04:33

For some reason I'm psyched about this double bill, anyone else plan on going to this?

Re: OT: Joe Walsh & Bad Co.
Date: March 6, 2016 06:09

i would but the skipped the va/dc area.

also a 2 cd live set of 70's bad company is being released soon by rhino so look for that. I think 1 76 show and 1 79 show.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 6, 2016 07:29

BluzDude
For some reason I'm psyched about this double bill, anyone else plan on going to this?
I am hoping for reasonable priced tickets (40-60), if so, I am there. Waddy is in Joe's band.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 6, 2016 12:19

They aren't going to play in my part of the world. I would go just to see Joe Walsh. He absolutely blew me away a year ago with the Eagles. & the rest of the band was in awe. The 2nd set was really heavy with Joe's stuff. His vocals were fantastic, also. "Pretty Maids All In A Row" was beautiful. I'm wondering if Paul Rodgers is in Bad Company.

Date: March 6, 2016 12:43

crholmstrom
They aren't going to play in my part of the world. I would go just to see Joe Walsh. He absolutely blew me away a year ago with the Eagles. & the rest of the band was in awe. The 2nd set was really heavy with Joe's stuff. His vocals were fantastic, also. "Pretty Maids All In A Row" was beautiful. I'm wondering if Paul Rodgers is in Bad Company.

yes paul Rodgers is there. has been back in bad company since 1998

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 6, 2016 13:17

Love Joe Walsh and his solo album But Seriously, Folks.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 6, 2016 14:42

Bad Idea smoking smiley

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 6, 2016 17:13

I'd much rather see Joe in the context of another James Gang reunion, but this sounds like a pretty good show. Definitely on my "maybe" list, but there's already at least 6 other shows I'm looking at just for the month of June. No way I'm gonna be able to get to all of 'em.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 6, 2016 19:59

Cool bill although Bad Company left a bad taste in my mouth after I saw them a few years ago. It was only like 6 or 7 years ago, but it was before they kind of did a lot of reunion shows so it was a cool thing that was near me. I went with a friend, we were really excited and the show just sucked big time. Sad, cause its really one of the few bad shows I've ever seen (the other was KISS probably that same year which was just UGH) and it was just all around. For one, Paul had the crowd sing like half of the songs. Dumb because he can still sing yet he handed the mic over to the crowd at every other line, and it was NOT something where people were yelling every word so it was just stupid. Secondly we just got totally screwed on a setlist. They played 70 minutes, which was much shorter than other shows they were doing on that tour, and I've long said a headliner these days (especially ones I'm paying $100 for) shouldn't be playing UNDER a CD's length.

So all of that combined made for a very disappointing show. I still like Bad Company, but that really turned me off ever needing to see them again. Joe Walsh I've heard nothing but good things about, so like I said if you catch Bad Co on a good night that should be a really cool bill. Just after that one time I never felt the need to give them another chance.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 6, 2016 20:42

BluzDude

This has gotta be the best 2nd tier classic rock package of the year. The only thing is I find myself hoping for a ticket under $50 while if it happened a few years ago, it would have been at Universal and I would have found a comp ticket on Citywalk.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 6, 2016 20:48

Dan
BluzDude

This has gotta be the best 2nd tier classic rock package of the year.

I think Steve Winwood opening for Steely Dan is even better.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 6, 2016 22:27

Joe Walsh - Turn to stone

Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: March 7, 2016 01:04

I will be going to Red Rocks. I fancy Bad Company and Joe Walsh. I saw Bad Company on last tour and they were pretty good.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 7, 2016 02:35

It should be great as will Steve Winwood opening for Steely Dan (although unfortunately Winwood will not be at the Hollywood Bowl for some damn reason)!
I saw Bad Company during the Desolation Angels tour at the Forum in '79 and it was great, and have seen Joe Walsh a couple time here and there (including with the Eagles) - he's always excellent.

I predict it will be much better than the Styx/Kansas tours that have been happening the last few years. grinning smiley
Or was it Styx/Journey?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 7, 2016 03:32

standing on the runway...waving at the plane... waiting for the show to start...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-07 03:37 by jambay.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 7, 2016 15:57

I'm definitely interested in this tour. I'm still so mad at myself for not seeing the Eagles last year when I had a chance. I'd like to at least see Don and Joe solo before they hang it up...

Speaking of which: ANY chance the Eagles ever tour again with Jackson Browne replacing Glenn, or is that sacrilegious?

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: March 7, 2016 17:16

keefriff99
I'm definitely interested in this tour. I'm still so mad at myself for not seeing the Eagles last year when I had a chance. I'd like to at least see Don and Joe solo before they hang it up...

Speaking of which: ANY chance the Eagles ever tour again with Jackson Browne replacing Glenn, or is that sacrilegious?

That would be the only way that the Eagles could continue. I would love to see that happen. Maybe they would do a handful of concerts with that lineup, but I doubt that Jackson would agree to a whole tour... He has a very solid fanbase for his own material.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 7, 2016 17:33

Bobbyb98
keefriff99

That would be the only way that the Eagles could continue. I would love to see that happen. Maybe they would do a handful of concerts with that lineup, but I doubt that Jackson would agree to a whole tour... He has a very solid fanbase for his own material.
Yeah, I think its more likely that the Eagles are just done period, especially from touring. The band is Don and Glenn, as much as the Stones are Mick and Keith. I understand what Jackson means to them, and he was the PERFECT choice for the tribute at the Grammys. But I definitely think they let the band die with Glenn. I think between Don and Jackson there would be too much hesitation about continuing, even in a well meaning way for a few shows, without Glenn under the Eagles banner. It was Glenn's band after all, they all said it.

I'm so upset and didn't pull the trigger to see them last year. Just got into them with the documentary and even though I really liked the music I thought it was too much money to put into the band I just got into.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 7, 2016 17:54

BluzDude

yes! theyre playing here in Charlotte in June.

wouldn't miss this one.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 7, 2016 19:02

That would be a great gig to go to. Do they have dates in NYC metro area?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 7, 2016 19:18

Hairball

I predict it will be much better than the Styx/Kansas tours that have been happening the last few years. grinning smiley
Or was it Styx/Journey?

Journey?

Kansas??

Styx???

That's like the Unholy Trinity of AWFUL!

Anything would be better than that...

Date: March 7, 2016 19:38

loog droog
Hairball

Or was it Styx/Journey?

Journey?

Kansas??

Styx???

Journey is okay, but the other two are abominable.

Date: March 7, 2016 19:43

keefriff99
loog droog
Hairball

Or was it Styx/Journey?

Journey?

Kansas??

Styx???

Journey is okay, but the other two are abominable.

One of the problem with all those bands is they are currently diluted forms of their original line-ups missing key members.
Another major problem is they were crappy to begin with.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 02:56

You could not pay me to go. Joe Walsh burned out a long time ago. Bad Company never excited me.

Seems to be that all these people blew their money back in the day, royalty moey is not coming from a new generation that gets any must thru services like Spotify, so they head out and tour.

Near us this Summer, so far (and I am sure there are more to come), it's Bad Company and Joe Walsh, Journey with The Doobie Brothers and Dave Mason, Whitesnake, Styx,Bob Dylan, Jackson Browne, Steely Dan, Def Lepperd with Tesla and REO Speedwagon, None of which I have any interest in seeing.

ACDC has been postponed and it sounds like when it eventually happens there will be a new lead vocalist.

There are some old names coming that I would see:

Todd Rundgren - finding ways to keep it fresh. I don't always like it, but he's still innovating

Heart, Cheap Trick and Joan Jett triple bill. Still rocking

Robin Trower. I'd go just to see if he still has it.

Date: March 8, 2016 03:59

buffalo7478
You could not pay me to go. Joe Walsh burned out a long time ago..
Joe Walsh has ALWAYS been burned out, but he's a hell of a guitarist and quite the character.

He wouldn't have been touring with the Eagles if he couldn't still hack it. Glenn and Don were meticulous perfectionists, so he would have been booted had he not delivered night after night.

Date: March 8, 2016 04:06

keefriff99
buffalo7478

Joe Walsh has ALWAYS been burned out, but he's a hell of a guitarist and quite the character.

Joe Walsh has been clean from drinking and drugs for years now, and I'd dare to say that he's better than ever and at the top of his game.

'I go to parties sometimes until four
It's hard to leave when you can't find the door...'

Date: March 8, 2016 04:09

Hairball
keefriff99
buffalo7478

Joe Walsh has been clean from drinking and drugs for years now, and I'd dare to say that he's better than ever and at the top of his game.

Oh, I know. What I meant is that when you see him in interviews, he comes off as pretty loopy. You can tell that the years of alcohol abuse took something out of him. He still plays and sings great.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 8, 2016 04:15

Walsh still brings it on hard. I don't care how he talks, I care how me sings and plays. And he still cranks it! Would love to see him this summer.

Date: March 8, 2016 04:29

keefriff99
Hairball
keefriff99
buffalo7478

Oh, I know. What I meant is that when you see him in interviews, he comes off as pretty loopy. You can tell that the years of alcohol abuse took something out of him. He still plays and sings great.

Yeah I gotcha thumbs up- I should have started my post with a smiley as I thought you're statement was funny.
I was mainly directing my reply and explanation to buffalo7478's statement which is misguided.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 8, 2016 04:32

When I saw the Eagles two years ago (first and only time...sure glad I went), Joe stole the show...his playing was stellar and his voice in great shape. First time I'd ever seen him, too - he blew me away!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home