Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Oscar awards
Posted by: radkovskii85 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 08:38

Leo wins !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 14:49 by bv.

Re: Leo wins !
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 29, 2016 09:56

My doco will WIN in 2036 ....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 11:45 by Rockman.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:15

He wins... with a complete turd of a movie... Oh well! confused smiley

What really makes me laugh is in interviews DC insisted on how hard the shooting was (freezing weather etc etc) but not a single journo asked him "how does that related to the sheer quality of the film? Just because the shooting was difficult therefore the film is good? That's utter BS!"

But no, nice little doggies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-29 10:18 by dcba.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:19

Richard Harris did it better but at least now the internet can move on to other things to be worried about.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:44

I don't think the film was that bad. Beautiful cinematography with some breathtaking action scenes. A bit long maybe.
And a bit predictable also. And I don't know if DiCaprio's acting was worth an Oscar. But that's the way it works. I would rate the film (which didn't win an Oscar) 7/10.

Date: February 29, 2016 11:34

Very OT...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: February 29, 2016 11:43

Di Caprio deserves an Oscar, not necessarrily for that film though. The show was awful bad.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 29, 2016 11:45

I don't know if DiCaprio's acting was worth an Oscar. But that's the way it works.

His acting in Gilbert Grape and Django did deserve Oscars, though, so I call this one fair.
That is the way it seems to work.

Date: February 29, 2016 12:31

Academy Awards Oscar shenanigans are not quite as silly as what goes on with that music and rap museum in Cleveland, but they are close. As far as the whole Oscar show last night, I thought... typed too much deleted it all doesn't amount to a hill of beans.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: February 29, 2016 14:19

Date: February 29, 2016 14:43

grinning smiley I wonder if there is anyone says to him UNCLE LEO, HELLO!!!

Re: OT: Oscar awards
Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 29, 2016 19:56

Memorial section nice with Dave Grohl singing and playing "Blackbird." Among others, two notables gone this year were Bowie and "our own" filmmaker Albert Maysles. I met him once and then talked into his camera outside the Beacon before Shine a Light. Those interviews weren't used.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:09

Little kids have won Oscars for acting, so Leo's idiot sanctimony was a bit much (read SuperFreakonomics).

I saw Dave Grohl play with the Stones at their last Anaheim show so enjoyed his Blackbird last night.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:09

The Revenant is a great movie with excellent location shots in Alberta and B.C in Canada

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:36

He finally deserved to get one, but I don't like stars lecturing all on so-called climate change last time I checked God is still in control Leo.... Also you are lecturing all us as you fly around on your party plane leaving a carbon footprint bigger than millions of us common working stiffs will ever, stick to entertaining us Leo....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:39

BamaStone
last time I checked God is still in control

If s/he is, then s/he's screwing us all big time. smoking smiley

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:45

Koen
BamaStone
last time I checked God is still in control

If s/he is, then s/he's screwing us all big time. smoking smiley

Well, we're all still paying for Eve's shenanigans in The Garden of Eden.

Date: February 29, 2016 23:42

And don't forget Swedish girl, Alicia Vikander, who won
an Oscar for best actress supporting role [in "The Danish
Girl"]. The first Swedish one (in that category) since
Ingrid Bergman back in 1975.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 29, 2016 23:50

People still watch this? Ya know it was rigged cause Stallone didn't win. As for this comment - "Well, we're all still paying for Eve's shenanigans in The Garden of Eden" - it's right up there with Freud claiming it's all mom's fault. Ain't no man led into temptation unless he's willing to be.

Date: March 1, 2016 00:01

radkovskii85
Leo wins !

Lectured everyone on the dangers of yadda yadda yadda,
then jumped in his private jet again and yadda yadda yaddda.

Okey dokey Leo, keep us posted on minimizing our ecological footprint and how we all need to yadda yadda yadda.

Date: March 1, 2016 00:12

Although I think environmental issues are important I do agree about the lip service when it comes to celebrities and politicians. We had a Green Party minister who always went on
about pollution and greenhouse gases and then continued to fly to her boyfriend in Finland over the weekends. All paid for by the tax payers, of course...

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: March 1, 2016 04:31

There was only one person that I was interested in last night and it sure wasn't Leo!

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: March 1, 2016 04:59

awful show dominated by political bs.

Posted by: The Mez ()
Date: March 1, 2016 05:58

Stop the racism Hollywood!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2016 06:25

Stoneage
And don't forget Swedish girl, Alicia Vikander, who won
an Oscar for best actress supporting role [in "The Danish
Girl"]. The first Swedish one (in that category) since
Ingrid Bergman back in 1975.

I'm no fashion designer but I love that dress and she looked beautiful in it. Very classy and fresh. I thought she was the best dress of the evening.

Date: March 1, 2016 06:28

windmelody
Di Caprio deserves an Oscar, not necessarily for that film though. The show was awful bad.

I agree on all your points.

Date: March 1, 2016 06:30

Milan
There was only one person that I was interested in last night and it sure wasn't Leo!

An emotional moment for sure, and a well deserved Oscar for Marricone.

Date: March 1, 2016 06:40

I'll say this, Spotlight winning the best picture is curious. Best picture with only best original screenplay in support?

If was a cynical person, I would immediately wonder if this was Hollywood's way of taking a jab at Catholics both at Easter time and in payback for all the bad press about the racism.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 1, 2016 07:27

Hello MILAN!

I was thrilled to see the brilliant Marricone (forgive my spelling) at the Oscars and to hear him being so warmly received. One of the greatest composers
ever.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 1, 2016 08:22

Saw Brooklyn and Spotlight over the weekend, but that's it. I was out of the Oscar loop this year.
Glad Leo won so so the internet can stop acting like he's a freaking 88-year old Oscar-less Paul Newman, McQueen or at least a dozen other legends that never won.
He wasn't overdue, wasn't better than Mconaughey when he won or the other actors that won over him. This has been the most obnoxious Internet-driven narrative in modern movie history. Good. Now we can move on..
Just wasn't invested this year, although it would have been cool to see Sly win.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-01 08:24 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1964
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home