Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: David Bowie the actor
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 29, 2016 07:06

Nice to see that the Academy Awards included David Bowie during this year’s In Memoriam section. I thought he had done some great acting in quite a few of his film appearances.

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: OT: David Bowie the actor
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 29, 2016 09:12

Hm, yeah OK ...Talking Music-people in Movies I Think Bette Midler and Cher and MeatLoaf is among them I remember as very good actors...Kris Kristofferson..Yeah maybe in Kris case...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: February 29, 2016 15:43

I saw Bowie on Broadway as The Elephant Man. It was amazing. The opening segment featured the "doctor" lecturing the audience as to the Elephant Man's many deformities and as he described each one Bowie would twist himself into that position where he remained throughout the performance. This included a sideways curved spine. It looked agonizingly painful.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 29, 2016 15:50

rbk
I saw Bowie on Broadway as The Elephant Man. It was amazing. The opening segment featured the "doctor" lecturing the audience as to the Elephant Man's many deformities and as he described each one Bowie would twist himself into that position where he remained throughout the performance. This included a sideways curved spine. It looked agonizingly painful.

Didn't know he played Broadway. Interesting!

Kinda liked him in "Merry Christmas, mr. Lawrence"...

Wasn't he in "Basquiat" too?
(I still haven't seen that one...)

Loved him in that "Extras" episode. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 29, 2016 16:03

Basquiat, The Prestige and Labyrinth also
I guess not that many people enjoyed The Man Who Fell to Earth, but I did

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 29, 2016 16:24

rbk

An amazing performance in which he accurately conveyed the character with virtually no makeup, just through acting, physical and verbal. The critics were amazed as well, thinking it was a vanity project for a rock star and ending up stunned by the performance.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: February 29, 2016 23:38

RoughJusticeOnYa

Loved him in that "Extras" episode. >grinning smiley<

the "extras" episode with bowie is killer!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 29, 2016 23:45

Chubby little loser man? :E

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 1, 2016 04:05

Rokyfan
rbk

An amazing performance in which he accurately conveyed the character with virtually no makeup, just through acting, physical and verbal. The critics were amazed as well, thinking it was a vanity project for a rock star and ending up stunned by the performance.

Here's a nice clip from it, starting at 2:07.

[www.youtube.com]

Drew

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1587
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home