Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Giorgio Gomelsky/Brian Jones
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:04

Today Feb. 28 is the Birthday's of both Brian Jones & Giorgio Gomelsky. Yesterday I attended a memorial for my good friend Giorgio who passed away on January 13th. It was quite a nice memorial and many people spoke of his history in the U.K.and how he helped out many bands(Kinks/Stones/Who/Yardbirds/Animals and many more) He brought the Beatles to his club to see the Stones and later that night went back to Edith Grove with the Beatles..
I believe Giorgio does not get the credit he is due when talking about the start British Invasion. I would hope that someday "The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame" would induct Giorgio Gomelsky.

Trivia note: Two of the Rolling Stones shared their birthday's with two of their managers.... Brian & Giorgio (2/28) and Keith & Allen Klein (12/18)

Re: Giorgio Gomelsky/Brian Jones
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 28, 2016 17:05

Thanks for the tribute

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:13

VideoJames
I believe Giorgio does not get the credit he is due when talking about the start British Invasion. I would hope that someday "The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame" would induct Giorgio Gomelsky.

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:11

Every time I read his name, all I can think of is the missing film of the Stones performing in the earliest days of the group.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 29, 2016 22:44

VideoJames
Today Feb. 28 is the Birthday's of both Brian Jones & Giorgio Gomelsky. Yesterday I attended a memorial for my good friend Giorgio who passed away on January 13th. It was quite a nice memorial and many people spoke of his history in the U.K.and how he helped out many bands(Kinks/Stones/Who/Yardbirds/Animals and many more) He brought the Beatles to his club to see the Stones and later that night went back to Edith Grove with the Beatles..

Trivia note: Two of the Rolling Stones shared their birthday's with two of their managers.... Brian & Giorgio (2/28) and Keith & Allen Klein (12/18)

VideoJames, this community is blessed to have you as a contributor.
Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home