Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Giorgio Gomelsky/Brian Jones
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: February 28, 2016 16:04

Today Feb. 28 is the Birthday's of both Brian Jones & Giorgio Gomelsky. Yesterday I attended a memorial for my good friend Giorgio who passed away on January 13th. It was quite a nice memorial and many people spoke of his history in the U.K.and how he helped out many bands(Kinks/Stones/Who/Yardbirds/Animals and many more) He brought the Beatles to his club to see the Stones and later that night went back to Edith Grove with the Beatles..
I believe Giorgio does not get the credit he is due when talking about the start British Invasion. I would hope that someday "The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame" would induct Giorgio Gomelsky.

Trivia note: Two of the Rolling Stones shared their birthday's with two of their managers.... Brian & Giorgio (2/28) and Keith & Allen Klein (12/18)

Re: Giorgio Gomelsky/Brian Jones
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 28, 2016 17:05

Thanks for the tribute

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:13

VideoJames
I believe Giorgio does not get the credit he is due when talking about the start British Invasion. I would hope that someday "The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame" would induct Giorgio Gomelsky.

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 29, 2016 20:11

Every time I read his name, all I can think of is the missing film of the Stones performing in the earliest days of the group.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: February 29, 2016 22:44

VideoJames
Today Feb. 28 is the Birthday's of both Brian Jones & Giorgio Gomelsky. Yesterday I attended a memorial for my good friend Giorgio who passed away on January 13th. It was quite a nice memorial and many people spoke of his history in the U.K.and how he helped out many bands(Kinks/Stones/Who/Yardbirds/Animals and many more) He brought the Beatles to his club to see the Stones and later that night went back to Edith Grove with the Beatles..

Trivia note: Two of the Rolling Stones shared their birthday's with two of their managers.... Brian & Giorgio (2/28) and Keith & Allen Klein (12/18)

VideoJames, this community is blessed to have you as a contributor.
Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home