Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Oshawa 1979 - Concert For The Blind
Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 02:30

The quality of the pictures isn't great, but enjoy them...

Oshawa Civic Center.

Re: Oshawa 1979 - Concert For The Blind
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 28, 2016 08:11

Thank you.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 28, 2016 08:54

I've got this on double vinyl, Blind Date I think it's called.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 28, 2016 10:11

The New Barbarians & The Rolling Stones - BEST DOUBLE BILL EVER!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-06 09:44 by Plink.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2016 12:12

Nice - thank you roller99! Which show were you at, the early one or the late one?

Posted by: django ()
Date: February 28, 2016 12:42

erad
I've got this on double vinyl, Blind Date I think it's called.

I have it too. Later it was released as a soundboard 2CD under the same title on TSP if I remember correctly. Stanley Clarke's solo on Am I Grooving You is absolutely stunning.

Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: February 28, 2016 18:37

Date: February 28, 2016 18:54

Nice, Paul in Canada! So the 4:00 show was the one where Keith had the red t-shirt on?!
I've been trying to sort that out for ages - the people with photos could never remember which show was which
but unless you went to both, it's finally settled. Say hallelujah!

Date: February 28, 2016 19:57

I was at the afternoon show....had tickets to the evening one but scalped them to pay for the afternoon one...I was only 17 and to pay for it somehow..

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: February 28, 2016 20:03

I got a question regarding these shows.

As far as I understand The Rolling Stones' set took place during the second half of the Barbarians show, right? So did the Stones started right away or was there an intermission between the sets? Technically speaking was Barbarians/Stones a one continuous show or two separate shows?

Posted by: exilestones ()

Neal Preston 1979

Plink
The New Barbarians & The Rolling Stones - BEST DOUBLE BILL EVER!!

smiling bouncing smiley

;0)

Date: February 28, 2016 20:10

Neil Preston

Date: February 28, 2016 20:17

Please Google Henry Diltz & Lynn Goldsmith & Ebet Roberts & Scott Dahlgren & Tom Hill & Dan Plutchak & Joseph Abbott & Michael Diltz & Marty Memme & Michael Putland & Waring Abbott & Neil Zlozower or Zower & Robert Sherbow.....

along with "Keith Richards" or "New Barbarians" or "Ron Wood" or "Stanley Clarke" for loads of New Barbarian pics and post'em here!

Date: February 28, 2016 20:59

But please remember to post the photographer credits!
And the venues, if we're branching out to other shows than the OT specified.
Although I still hope Roller99 and Paul in Canada will tell us more about the Oshawa shows
before we go all Barbarian crazy :E

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 28, 2016 22:42

One continuous show linked by Jagger and Richards doing Prodigal Son by themseleves. That is, Barbarians set>Prodigal>Stones (joined by Barbarians for last two songs).

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 29, 2016 00:40

ab
One continuous show linked by Jagger and Richards doing Prodigal Son by themseleves. That is, Barbarians set>Prodigal>Stones (joined by Barbarians for last two songs).

That's deep. Imagine a video of that (Prodigal Son)
Keith looks good, in his face, hopefully (I believe true) off herion/ went thru treatments stated in court.

Date: February 29, 2016 01:14

I seem to recall a bit of a break between the sets. The stage went black. Roadies then brought out a stool. Mick and Keith then walked out, and played Prodigal Son. Then the rest of the Stones joined them for the rest of the set.

Date: February 29, 2016 01:15

Smile: The very drunk-sounding Prodigal Son on the Blind Date recording isn't quite as spiritual as the renditions from 1969 :E
I'll post some pro photos of that part of the set soon, but I'm still hoping to see private people's own shots.
Can't get enough!

Date: February 29, 2016 05:51

Thank you for sharing your pics Mr Paul - very cool cool smiley! Love the Barbarian Twins at the 2 headed mic thumbs up I remember Ronnie & his music stand from a later Barbarians gig - a unique approach grinning smiley.

Date: February 29, 2016 08:25

Photo by Richard E, Aaron - his website: [www.rockpix.com]

Richard E. Aaron took some great pics in Oshawa. Here's what he had to say on the subject (from [www.mandremcorp.com]):

"The Rolling Stones. This shot was done in Canada. Keith got busted for drugs and as payment he had to do a free concert for the blind. I was one of the photographers, I think there might have been one other photographer that they let in, and I was shooting I guess I was about six feet away from the group. When I got to the venue I waked over to security and I said, hey, am I going to have any problems with the audience, I’ll stay low, and he started laughing, I said why are you laughing, and he said, well I guess that you don’t know that the first fifty rows are all blind people, (as this was a concert for the sighted I named the concert ‘the blind concert’) and he said you can stand, you can walk, you can do whatever you want nobody will see you. So I shot the whole show from six feet away, the stage was probably up to my stomach so I just sit there, I shot a lot of film, I think I shot eighty rolls of film that night."

Here is a quote from Richard E. Aaron's site regarding photographing the New Barbarians on tour:
"I was one of two photographers allowed to shoot the New Barbarians Tour. The rules were strict: If you go backstage your cameras could not. This was no camera trick: Keith actually looked quite healthy during this time. It helped that the show was excellently lit."

Note: I assume the other photographer Aaron mentioned above must be Henry Diltz, but Diltz took plenty of fantastic, candid backstage Barbs shots.

More Oshawa shots by Richard E. Aaron:

from [www.fathom.gallery]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 29, 2016 08:28

nice cru...eeerrrr trousers Mick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 29, 2016 10:08

with sssoul
Smile: The very drunk-sounding Prodigal Son on the Blind Date recording isn't quite as spiritual as the renditions from 1969 :E
I'll post some pro photos of that part of the set soon, but I'm still hoping to see private people's own shots.
Can't get enough!

They were not drunk but Jagger's voice was hoarse. So it is not really a pleasure to listen to.

Date: February 29, 2016 12:09

saltoftheearth
with sssoul
Can't get enough!

They were not drunk but Jagger's voice was hoarse. So it is not really a pleasure to listen to.

The words were changed quite a bit too, if memory serves. :E
I don't mind if Mick sounded hoarse - I suppose he had been up to who knows what, bless him!

I love the Rolling Stones

Date: March 1, 2016 04:37

This photo looks like New Barbarians but there's no info.

Date: March 1, 2016 05:51

^^^
Great shot! I don't think it's Barbs era, though. I believe the leather trousers above predate the Barbarians tour (IMO, they look 1975-6ish). Also, I think he's playing that Zemaitis pirate/skull guitar that went missing at some point in the late 70s (prior to the Barbs tour). See with sssoul's thread for info about the guitar here: [www.iorr.org]

BTW, thanks for posting those Neal Preston Oshawa shots above - they're new to me and a treat to see thumbs up

Date: March 1, 2016 08:50

Plink

BTW, thanks for posting those Neal Preston Oshawa shots above - they're new to me and a treat to see thumbs up

yOU'RE WELCOME. i COULDN'T BELIEVE i CAME ACROSS THEM. i'VE NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE.

New Barbrians Keith Richards and Ian Mac Lagan jamming away in Madison Square Garden 1979

Date: March 1, 2016 08:52

Ian McLagan and Keith Richards

Date: March 1, 2016 08:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-05 23:56 by exilestones.

Date: March 1, 2016 09:02

American saxophonist Bobby Keys performing with Ron Wood's band The New Barbarians, 1979

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home