Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15
Re: Sao Paulo show-1 Brazil 24-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 25, 2016 17:47

Green Lady
That was a very nice Beast of Burden, too. Worried About You isn't a favourite of mine, so BOB was the highlight for me last night.

Beast of Burden was so overplayed in past tours, it is definitely a song they should avoid playing more than twice. Besides, modern versions always sound too twinkly. I would love to hear them play "Lies"

Worried About You is nice addition but they played it too fast. It is a song that has a slow groove to it and gradually picks up after the mid point. I'm a little shocked Mick took it on with full falsetto, screams and all. You probably won't hear that one more than twice. If they were generous, and they are not, it could find its way into a little slot mid way into a more expanded setlist. But that would never happen. So I won't bother to dwell on it.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 25, 2016 18:01

F****in' Hell! I could have Beast of Burden played every show! It's a brilliant tune! Same goes for Worried about You. Make 'em Warhorses!

Posted by: Maindefender ()

The Sicilian
Green Lady
That was a very nice Beast of Burden, too. Worried About You isn't a favourite of mine, so BOB was the highlight for me last night.

Beast of Burden was so overplayed in past tours, it is definitely a song they should avoid playing more than twice. Besides, modern versions always sound too twinkly. I would love to hear them play "Lies"

Worried About You is nice addition but they played it too fast. It is a song that has a slow groove to it and gradually picks up after the mid point. I'm a little shocked Mick took it on with full falsetto, screams and all. You probably won't hear that one more than twice. If they were generous, and they are not, it could find its way into a little slot mid way into a more expanded setlist. But that would never happen. So I won't bother to dwell on it.

I can't imagine last nights Worried Bout You being any slower…..

Posted by: theimposter ()

The Sicilian
Green Lady

BOB overplayed? The only tours it has been a staple on for the last 30 years were the Tattoo You and Voodoo tours. Otherwise it's been quite scarce, which is odd considering what a popular song it is. I do agree that "Lifes" would be cool though, especially in a small setting.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 25, 2016 18:07

Great great version of BOB, although i did not like Bernards singing on this song.
Jeroen

Posted by: haukej ()
Date: February 25, 2016 18:16

link to my pictures. enjoy. unfortunately this was my last show of the tour

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 25, 2016 18:16

Always loved the guitar interplay on Beast Of Burden and wish they would extend it out to 7-8 minutes like they used to.

Date: February 25, 2016 18:43

Photos by Raphael Castello

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 19:16 by mighty stork.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 25, 2016 19:07

Thanks for the photos, mighty stork. Got a source link and/or photographer credit?

Date: February 25, 2016 19:15

Photos by Marcelo Brandt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 19:20 by mighty stork.

Date: February 25, 2016 19:18

bye bye johnny
Thanks for the photos, mighty stork. Got a source link and/or photographer credit?

Couldn't find photo credit at first but have found and edited my post to give credit.

Date: February 25, 2016 19:19

Raphael Castello photos are sweet….thumbs up

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 25, 2016 19:23

haukej
link to my pictures. enjoy. unfortunately this was my last show of the tour

[www.facebook.com]

You took some wonderful photos!

Date: February 25, 2016 19:24

Picture: NELSON ALMEIDA

Posted by: Grazidn ()
Date: February 25, 2016 19:43

I thought I would have lots of wonderful pictures to share with you being so close to the stage last night but that’s all I have. It was my first Rolling Stones concert, I’ve been waiting for this day for the last 15 years + 13 hours queuing under the rain, I just couldn’t stop singing, and jumping, and shouting, and crying, and clapping, and enjoying myself. I was so excited that I could barely hold the camera so I just put it in my pocket and didn't touch it until the end. I had such high hopes for this day and it was way better than I expected.
I was really hoping to hear Out of Control, Paint it Black, and Sympathy for the Devil (the song that caught my attention 15 years ago). They not only played those songs but also surprised us with Beast of Burden followed by Worried About You. I couldn’t have wished for a better night. My ears are buzzing, my throat hurts, my voice is gone, my body aches but I‘ve never felt better. I had the most wonderful time, and got to meet some really nice people there too. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-25 19:45 by Grazidn.

Date: February 25, 2016 19:49

Photos by JF DIORIO

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: February 25, 2016 20:10

Good post Grazidn, I too had a great spot in Auckland, your photo was from the front fight? Loved reading your enthusiastic post
Great photo to remember the occasion forever!

Date: February 25, 2016 20:32

Great sentiments Grazidn.......exactly right to be enjoying the moment you had been waiting for rather than taking pictures! The photo you did take is a cool one by the way.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: February 25, 2016 20:39

Some excellent photos here. Can't help but notice what a fashion nightmare Keith has become. He used to look so cool. Nowadays he wouldn't look out of place on a seniors cruise - Patti must be shopping for him. Get rid of the rag around the head and the bomber jackets. Ronnie and Mick always look great.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: February 25, 2016 20:52

Worried About You is like a ballad rambler or mid-tempo rambler. Leave it in the set!

Date: February 25, 2016 21:00

rbp
Some excellent photos here. Can't help but notice what a fashion nightmare Keith has become. He used to look so cool. Nowadays he wouldn't look out of place on a seniors cruise - Patti must be shopping for him. Get rid of the rag around the head and the bomber jackets. Ronnie and Mick always look great.

Yeah, Mick in his all black cottonelle. Reminds me of Jerry Garcia…….winking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 25, 2016 21:05

haukri
I am uploading some videos on youtube right now:

Beast of Burden Part 1: [youtu.be]
Beast of Burden Part 2 (with Bernard): [youtu.be]
Worried about you (Part of it): [youtu.be]

*Thank you, really thank you, I saved this and finally got a moment to play,
BOB Part 1 incredible footage close up and I laughed at myself because truly,
I find Jagger a Greek God on stage like this- what a pull, what a body dancer, what a singer, ya.

Date: February 25, 2016 21:08

Maindefender
rbp

Yeah, Mick in his all black cottonelle. Reminds me of Jerry Garcia…….winking smileyspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Oh No my friend, Oh No, not even from the same planet, I recon.

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: February 25, 2016 21:18

I don't know if one day i will see the stones again. But i can say i was the best day of my life and I never forget.
By the time I entered the stadium, they started playing Start me Up. It was the biggest thrill of my life. Indescribable!
I found the audience very discouraged during the show. You guys believe that they sent me to shut up while I was singing Miss You??????

Posted by: paulorrenato ()
Date: February 25, 2016 21:20

It was the best day of my life-----

Date: February 25, 2016 21:35

paulorrenato
It was the best day of my life-----

*thumbs up

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: February 25, 2016 21:51

Grazidn

I thought I would have lots of wonderful pictures to share with you being so close to the stage last night but that’s all I have. It was my first Rolling Stones concert, I’ve been waiting for this day for the last 15 years + 13 hours queuing under the rain, I just couldn’t stop singing, and jumping, and shouting, and crying, and clapping, and enjoying myself. I was so excited that I could barely hold the camera so I just put it in my pocket and didn't touch it until the end. I had such high hopes for this day and it was way better than I expected.
I was really hoping to hear Out of Control, Paint it Black, and Sympathy for the Devil (the song that caught my attention 15 years ago). They not only played those songs but also surprised us with Beast of Burden followed by Worried About You. I couldn’t have wished for a better night. My ears are buzzing, my throat hurts, my voice is gone, my body aches but I‘ve never felt better. I had the most wonderful time, and got to meet some really nice people there too. smileys with beer

Beautiful sentiments. So great to hear the enthusiasm of a first-timer!

Posted by: Grazidn ()
Date: February 25, 2016 22:00

mickjackett
Beautiful sentiments. So great to hear the enthusiasm of a first-timer!

Manofwealthandtaste
Great sentiments Grazidn.......exactly right to be enjoying the moment you had been waiting for rather than taking pictures! The photo you did take is a cool one by the way.

midimannz
Good post Grazidn, I too had a great spot in Auckland, your photo was from the front fight? Loved reading your enthusiastic post
Great photo to remember the occasion forever!

Thanks! Yes, I was right in that corner where the ramp (not sure what is called) meets the stage. There were only two guys in front of me.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 25, 2016 22:09

Grazidn
Love it man! Forget about your camera, live in the moment!

Posted by: yandy ()
Date: February 25, 2016 22:16

Im really happy for you and you have put in beautiful words a feeling that we all share and that the Stones provoke in some of us. Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 13 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home