Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23
Re: Rio de Janeiro Brazil 20-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 21, 2016 22:35

coowouters
Stream ruined by the taper because he's more interested in hearing himself talk than listening to the Stones. I can understand that you're excited but this guy keeps on talking in a casual way throughout the show and filming himself...
I doubt that if it will be possible to save any of the songs to use on a concert CD.

funny reaction, I guess it is a symptom of social media takin over. First we hope that someone will periscope the gig, then we would want him to behave to our own amusement?
what's next?
why not fly over a drone to periscope the show?

I just thank anyone who cares to film and share the show as much as he or she can, and i will take as a gift any way that they do that

mainly because I know that I won't ever do the same. when I go to a concert and a Stones concert in particular, I want to live it and feel it fully, whithout any "medium"

so thanks again to anyone that is more generous than me

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 21, 2016 22:40

The best streamers were in Pittsburgh and Detroit, but I appreciate all who try and bring us the music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-21 22:42 by Brstonesfan.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:01

Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]
Meh

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:12

We are going to start having drones fly over do periscopes?!!
That is going to be COOL!!!

I will be the first one to step up periscope when it is my turn.
If I have to borrow an i Phone and rent the battery, I have no problem
doing my part to return the favors given me, and doing so would not affect
my enjoyment of the show one bit. I have been recording and enjoying for
years. I have no problem multi-tasking drinking beer, cheering, recording, having fun.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:32

Good for you everwest1, looking forward your pscopes and thank you in advance. I won't lament for sure about your backing vocals on brown sugar winking smiley

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:34

potus43
Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]
Meh

thumbs down Meh my ass.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:36

maumau
coowouters
Stream ruined by the taper because he's more interested in hearing himself talk than listening to the Stones. I can understand that you're excited but this guy keeps on talking in a casual way throughout the show and filming himself...
I doubt that if it will be possible to save any of the songs to use on a concert CD.

funny reaction, I guess it is a symptom of social media takin over. First we hope that someone will periscope the gig, then we would want him to behave to our own amusement?
what's next?

I just thank anyone who cares to film and share the show as much as he or she can, and i will take as a gift any way that they do that

mainly because I know that I won't ever do the same. when I go to a concert and a Stones concert in particular, I want to live it and feel it fully, whithout any "medium"

If this person would have a good time watching the Stones, yelling, clapping (difficult with a camera or smartphone in your hands, LOL) and so on, and meanwhile doing us the great favor to put it on Periscope, I wouldn't have any problem with the feed, on the contrary, because it would add to the atmosphere of the gig. But his dry comments and his obvious not being interested in the show is something completely different.

Chris from Belgium

Date: February 21, 2016 23:44

maumau
Good for you everwest1, looking forward your pscopes and thank you in advance. I won't lament for sure about your backing vocals on brown sugar winking smiley
grinning smiley as long as the moon is not full I will keep my howling to a minimum. The scope is all about the Stones music. I would do my best to make Debbie Tiger proud.

...and facts be known, this one guy scoping last night really was going on and on with little to no enthusiasm, is was weird... but I switched to another scoper and it was to good to be true. I am still walking on Stones bouncy feet today. I feel like I went to a Stones show last night... You got my heart, you got my soul You got the silver you got the gold You got the diamonds from the mine Well that's all right it'll buy some time smoking smiley

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:55

I had always given my photos away for free, even to magazines and books. But I would like to decide whom I give them to. Sorry for watermarking the pictures, but some people have bad behaviour.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:59

It was my 25th (and last?) show yesterday and I can say that it was one of the best (I would even say THE best).
I felt a lot of power and energy, I loved the crowd.
Musically this show was much better than the 3rd Buenos Aires. Mick was on fire, especially in Miss You.
Keith's set was the best of all the shows I did. I saw him really focused in his set.
Sasha was much better than in Buenos Aires.
The highlights: the complete show! Like a Rolling Stone was a nice surprise. I always love when Mick plays harmonica.
I was speechless after the show. I really don't understand people saying it was not a amazing show. Around me everyone was so happy at the end of the show. Still have stars in the eyes today.

Benjamin.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 21, 2016 23:59

Beautiful pics, congrat!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: February 22, 2016 00:34

Beautiful pics, congrat!

Yes Superb!!! hot smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 22, 2016 00:48

RipThisBone
Beautiful pics, congrat!

Yes Superb!!! hot smiley

Yes!!! thumbs up

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 22, 2016 00:58

GasLightStreet
powerage78
Mick is still awesome.
Not Keith solo on SFTD... sad smiley

Keith... not as bad as some other performances... he sticks to the same three note deal as usual.

Yep, just going through the motions, which I can deal with. Apart from the solo, the problem is that the current live renditions of the song look very much like a cabaret act. But hey, if they think it's the way the song should be performed, I won't argue about that!

Anyway, "Gimme Shelter" sounds really good. The two guitar attack outro and the Sasha Allen bit are really powerful!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2016 01:25

GREAT shots as always, latvianinexile. Thanks for sharing.

Don't blame you for tagging 'em. Only way to ensure credit when they appear elsewhere.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: February 22, 2016 02:16

Green Lady
Like A Rolling Stone:

thx..this was the one that stuck out for me. keef n Ron concentrating on each other and smiling..top draw.
tried to post a request this morning for any links to this and couldn't on this thread...kept getting "phoorum" error or some similar txt. seems fine now.
still buzzing after last night. thx for your scope links.
dog

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2016 02:32

Mick on harmonica. Keith strong on guitar and backing vocals. Ronnie the solo master. Charlie the Wembley bam bam boom boom. Yes they were great in Rio!

Reports and pirctures (more tomorrow):
[www.iorr.org]

A few pictures:

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 22, 2016 04:12

maumau
coowouters

what's next?

Rite on!!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 22, 2016 04:48

Love how happy the choir looks!!

Just watched and listened to Gimme Shelter and Sasha was fantastic last night! She and Mick are getting in a groove.....

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: February 22, 2016 04:51

Does anyone know what Francisco was talking about during his scoping last night? Maybe it was an important message he was broadcasting to the world.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: February 22, 2016 05:03

Mick Keith Ronnie and Charlie do not look there age in the photos they look very young.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: February 22, 2016 06:39

Irix

If someone is interested in downloading the Periscope feeds - it's quite easy to download it with youtube-dl or Scopedown (Android, Chrome).
The Transport Stream file (.ts) is playable with the VLC-Player (see here for a video rotation).

Audio-only download is possible with youtube-dl, parameters '-x --audio-format best --audio-quality 0' (requires ffmpeg).

The Apple Mac has btw the Python interpreter for youtube-dl already built-in, maybe Linux too.

Great info, Irix - thanks so much for posting smileys with beer

Also, fabulous shots by Latvian & BV! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Date: February 22, 2016 08:27

The SMILES on these ladies faces ARE WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT...
Great picture showing the Stones bringing fun and happiness through their music...

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 22, 2016 17:00

Found 15 minutes of internet smiling smiley

My Video from the show: video: [youtu.be]

and the story:

Rock In Rio!

The first concert I've ever been to must have been in the rain, I get the chills whenever day meets the night and there's some rain, it's a special moment when I believe things are much closer to their true nature.

On February 20th together with my new South American friends I headed towards the world's most famous stadium: Maracana where some of the world's greatest athletes and artists put on spectacular performances throughout the years.

A beautiful summer day, hotter then usual but then again Rio is by definition a very hot city.

Inside the stadium at the merchandise stand I met this guy who saw me and went "Hey, I've seen your videos" smiling smiley and naturally I asked him if he wanted to be in this one. Obviously he said yes and interestingly enough this was his birthday so he was hyper excited to be there.

Inside the stadium they were serving beer in designer cups made especially for the show, a nice souvenir from such a momentous occasion.
Within minutes the skies turned black and heavy rain was headed towards the stadium. It's been like that all week in Rio: hot during the day and pouring rain in the evening.

Most of the people hid under the covers of the protective Maracana but some of them who wanted to guard their spots remained in place.
Next to them some of the brave guys started dancing in the rain and playing imaginary football.
The rain was lifting something from the general mood, it was clearing the atmosphere and exciting the spirits, eliminating inhibitions, not that Rio has many.
By the time the show was about to start everyone you could feel the energy in the air, lots of smiles and people in groups were screaming with excitement.

What can you expect from a show in Rio de Janeiro? An audience full of colors, a lot of dancing and a lot of soul.

I watched the beginning close to the B-Stage and for the first time in the tour got a full view from the front.
During the show I moved from one place to another and I could notice a different feeling from each side, close to the B-stage girls screaming whenever Mick danced around. On the left side everyone waving and dancing with Keith or whoever arrived on that part.
From the tribune it was an ocean of hands waving in the air.

They played 'Like a Rolling Stone' as the voted song and everyone was jumping and singing. A mixture of Buenos Aires and Montevideo with energized people who were enjoying the show together.

Keith did a different set this time and the crowd seems to adore him here in South America and the feeling is obviously mutual.

This was the concert I was closest to the stage from all three, I love being here!

After the show I searched for my German friends and we left the stadium together heading for Copacabana where we celebrated the night over a caipirinha and talks about Cuba. Gerhard gave me one of the setlists he got from the stage so now my random Stones collection is growing.

While I was on my way to Copacabana, back home in Romania, my favorite band from home were celebrating their 20th anniversary. My friends sent me little recordings from the show and in a way I feel I was there with them.
That day was a big day for me and my music passions. i feel each little bit of experience has led to another experience with many wonderful people met along the way and I think we've influenced each other into becoming better versions of ourselves.

Thank you Rio, thank you Rolling Stones, thank you drear friends, thank you mom and dad and thanks everyone! #StonesRio

What a dream I am living!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: terry ()
Date: February 22, 2016 17:33

Great pics that latvianinexile posted. But looking at the two close up pics of mick, he looks absolutely @#$%&. His right eye looks red and swollen, and he looks drawn and very tired. We all know his fit, but I hope his not over doing it.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: February 22, 2016 18:20

potus43
Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]
Meh
very urban of you

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 22, 2016 19:15

Mick is in such amazing shape, it doesn't even seem possible.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 22, 2016 21:12

benstones
It was my 25th (and last?) show yesterday and I can say that it was one of the best (I would even say THE best).

Best show ever.
That means the 24 previous show were less good.
So sorry for you drinking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-22 21:57 by powerage78.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: February 22, 2016 22:06

latvianinexile
I had always given my photos away for free, even to magazines and books. But I would like to decide whom I give them to. Sorry for watermarking the pictures, but some people have bad behaviour.

This one is extraordinary beautiful!
Thank you for posting your fantastic photos I really enjoy them very much.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: February 22, 2016 22:15

The Rolling Stones are the greatest rock and roll band in the world, ever.

Saturday's performance was truly above and beyond. It was something special.
There was a special good energy about his show. Maybe it had something to do with the coming full moon or something else, but it was great. The band and back up players were playing great Saturday night.

Even when bands play 80% the same songs show after show, those songs are played live and are played a bit different every night, they are not machines. There are so many variables from the band mood to the humidity and air temperature to the etc etc. What ever it was... on Saturday night I heard the whole concert as they played it and it was better than usual (and they are usually really good)... but Saturday they seemed to be on top of their game in Rio. It was a great show. It is truly amazing, all thing considered, it is truly amazing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223Next
Current Page: 21 of 23

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home