Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13
Re: Montevideo Uruguay 16-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: February 18, 2016 15:49

bv
jumpontopofmebaby
18 Songs Not enough

Please drop the long songs and replace with 2 songs

Gezz.... MISS YOU should never ever eveR evER eVER EVER be played live again. In the US I would bet

that less than 20% of the crowd even songs along anymore.

ITS TIRED

Did you go to the show? Miss You was very popular with the crowd, lots of singing, dancing. Keith and Ronnie is going to the B-stage on Miss You. Tim is playing a great sax solo.

By the way there is a separate thread for set list discussions, right?

thumbs up

cool smiley

Date: February 18, 2016 16:57

Beast
latvianinexile
VIP Premium A1 and A2 (sections in front of the stage) where not sold out on the day of the concert. They filled the sections up anyway. Those who had payed the regular price had blue wristbands (in A2).

Then there were lots of others with striped yellow/red wristbands. One of my neighbours said, people where sold tickets for less than half the original price. Does anyone know what the deal was exactly?

It was my underatanding that somd lucky people from the campo were let in to fill up the empty spaces. They were anxiously queueing to get in when I came back from the loo about an hour before the show. I saw the same thing happen in Vienna in 2014.

That's right, it seemed that the striped wristbands were free (?) or heavily discounted upgrades to fill the area. There were a number of girls who came in an hour or more before showtime who were jumping up and down with excitement and couldn't believe their luck.

Date: February 18, 2016 17:28

Adios Montevideo, it's been a blast!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:27

Beast

It was my understanding that some lucky people from the campo were let in to fill up the empty spaces. They were anxiously queueing to get in when I came back from the loo about an hour before the show. I saw the same thing happen in Vienna in 2014.

They will fill in any "empty" front of stage area from the general "campo". That is the purpose of the show. First you take the money from those who can afford it, then you fill up so that you get a great show. No empty spaces accepted.

I have been a "filler person" many times myself. Just walk around on the "campo" and look for the guy or the girl with the wristbands, approx one hour or so before show start, i.e. from 7pm to 8pm. And make sure you are on the corner to the pit, not in the middle of the campo...

Bjornulf

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2016 18:33

We, the fans who travel, are guests. We are not in the position to demand anything. The shows are for the local fans. Their voice is the only one I would listen too. I am greatful for being allowed into the venue with my ticket, even if I can't sing the songs, I don't know the culture, and I haven't waited for 54 years like some in Uruguay. I see them every time and I am just a spoiled superfan.

No wonder they don't play Doom & Gloom. So many other, more important songs in their history of now 54 years, in a market that hardly have seen the Stones over the past 50+ years.

Hola America Latina!

Bjornulf

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: February 18, 2016 20:03

bv
We, the fans who travel, are guests. We are not in the position to demand anything. The shows are for the local fans. Their voice is the only one I would listen too. I am greatful for being allowed into the venue with my ticket, even if I can't sing the songs, I don't know the culture, and I haven't waited for 54 years like some in Uruguay. I see them every time and I am just a spoiled superfan.

No wonder they don't play Doom & Gloom. So many other, more important songs in their history of now 54 years, in a market that hardly have seen the Stones over the past 50+ years.

Hola America Latina!
Cristal clear BV!!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: February 18, 2016 21:57

bv- just curious.. how many Stones shows have you been to? and when was your first?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 18, 2016 22:19

I guess about 500-600?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 18, 2016 22:34

Gaetzi
bv- just curious.. how many Stones shows have you been to? and when was your first?

I'm just as curious as to how many he has NOT been to.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 18, 2016 22:44

Great crowd and concert in Montevideo. And a huge thank you to Quiquestone, aralla, Rockandosis and varilla (sorry if I forgot somebody) for the warm welcome at the Woodstock bar pre-party on the night before of the concert. It was great to meet you all as well a lot of good friends there.

Posted by: Bob05 ()
Date: February 19, 2016 00:36

Just listened to Keith's "Sympathy" - Solo, if it can be called so.
My goodness, what a poorness.
Is this the same musician who pulled off that awesome solo on the 1989 tour?
[www.youtube.com]Stones Sympathy 1989

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 19, 2016 01:32

mighty stork
DrSnuggles
everwest1
mighty stork
Wonder how many are watching with us?

I see:
everwest1
catchinem
GlimmerGirl24
Green Lady
EddieByword
Satanicmonkeyman
timbernardis
vibrolux
randallsdad
Winning Ugly VXII
Brstonesfan

and me: mighty stork

Who did I miss?

Cheers everyone, great show tonight. smileys with beer
cheers smileys with beer

Nope..its complete...
Maybe with DrSnuggles now commenting.
b

I was there too but had to leave after MR, unless something unforeseen comes up I'm usually here for every show.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 19, 2016 02:02

bv

Hola America Latina!

So very true! thumbs up

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: February 19, 2016 04:28

Bob05

Keith has had a lot of health issues since 89 and obviously he cannot play like he did in 89. It is hit or miss for him some nights, but in general, his playing has improved from 2012 and certainly from post brain injury on ABB. The problem,imo, has been RW is not a true lead guitarist...he and Keith have no real separation like the Taylor era and therefore the songs that require a real lead suffer. Instead, Keith plucks a chord here and there and the sound board enhances it imo...

Date: February 19, 2016 11:05

<but in general, his playing has improved from 2012>

No, it hasn't. On the O2 I-show he rarely made a mistake, and had an attack I hadn't seen since 2002 on some songs.

His playing today had improved from 2007, though – but in 2012 it had improved amazingly compared to 2007.

His playing detoriated a bit during the 2013 US tour, and became a bit worse after that (Hyde Park 2013, Oslo 2014).

It's still pretty cool on good nights, though. And there will always be SOME excellent playing from Keith in a Stones show (how much is depending on whether he has a good or bad day).

All imho, of course..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-19 11:07 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:08

DandelionPowderman
<but in general, his playing has improved from 2012>

No, it hasn't. On the O2 I-show he rarely made a mistake, and had an attack I hadn't seen since 2002 on some songs.

His playing today had improved from 2007, though – but in 2012 it had improved amazingly compared to 2007.

His playing detoriated a bit during the 2013 US tour, and became a bit worse after that (Hyde Park 2013, Oslo 2014).

It's still pretty cool on good nights, though. And there will always be SOME excellent playing from Keith in a Stones show (how much is depending on whether he has a good or bad day).

All imho, of course..

Agree.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 19, 2016 13:30

Agreed here too .

It's also worth reminding folks that Keith has always been capable of some horrendous playing and howlers.

It's sometimes just a function of his "wing it and and see what happens" nature... and sometimes due to his occasionally being more interested in posing than playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-19 13:32 by Spud.

Date: February 19, 2016 14:36

Spud
Agreed here too .

It's also worth reminding folks that Keith has always been capable of some horrendous playing and howlers.

It's sometimes just a function of his "wing it and and see what happens" nature... and sometimes due to his occasionally being more interested in posing than playing.

Both the posing and the wing it-approach used to be very tightly connected to what happened musically.

When Keith remembers this, once in a while, he's still making them magical sounds thumbs up

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: February 19, 2016 14:44

Brstonesfan
Bob05

Keith has had a lot of health issues since 89 and obviously he cannot play like he did in 89. It is hit or miss for him some nights, but in general, his playing has improved from 2012 and certainly from post brain injury on ABB. The problem,imo, has been RW is not a true lead guitarist...he and Keith have no real separation like the Taylor era and therefore the songs that require a real lead suffer. Instead, Keith plucks a chord here and there and the sound board enhances it imo...

wow....keith plays some of the meanest licks he has ever done. it's not about quantity man. those blueslicks cut straight through the bone . he has a total unique attack on the guitar and always plays a solo as part of the song....not to play a solo just because.

I don't think many people realize that's why they are addicted to the stones. It's the sound he makes man! Keith!!it don't get any realer....he's STILL the king. I prefer this solo over the 89 one...

If you can't hear the greatness in that you don't really get what extraordinary guitar playing is all about..and I don't care what you think of that, cause it's the truth ruth!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 19, 2016 15:03

Brstonesfan
The problem,imo, has been RW is not a true lead guitarist...he and Keith have no real separation like the Taylor era and therefore the songs that require a real lead suffer.

It's not a problem, it's an asset. thumbs up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 19, 2016 15:11

maumau
here's GS

Thank you maumau, thank you Sasha and thank you Rolling Stones!
Even at that distance Sasha is sounding and looking rightfully confident now.
Bravissima!

Date: February 19, 2016 15:14

Koen
Brstonesfan
The problem,imo, has been RW is not a true lead guitarist...he and Keith have no real separation like the Taylor era and therefore the songs that require a real lead suffer.

It's not a problem, it's an asset. thumbs up

So true. Let the other bands do the separation thing. This is what makes the Stones unique sound-wise, imo.

And it's wrong that Ronnie isn't a true lead guitarist. He was that in 1975/76, when it was required of him.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: February 19, 2016 18:40

DandelionPowderman
Spud
Agreed here too .

Both the posing and the wing it-approach used to be very tightly connected to what happened musically.

When Keith remembers this, once in a while, he's still making them magical sounds thumbs up

Dandy, I agree he was much better in 2012 than 2007, and I remember noticing him focusing, not posing. Now we get the old joyful, showy keith, with a few more lapses, but maybe better and looser in some ways. I still wish they'd drop sympathy.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 19, 2016 20:34

At this stage in the proceedings I think we can safely assume that Keith won't be changing his approach & attitude any time soon.

He's ploughed his own furrow for the last 55 years.. and the plough horses are still pulling strong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-19 20:41 by Spud.

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: February 19, 2016 21:19

Cristiano Radtke
Great crowd and concert in Montevideo. And a huge thank you to Quiquestone, aralla, Rockandosis and varilla (sorry if I forgot somebody) for the warm welcome at the Woodstock bar pre-party on the night before of the concert. It was great to meet you all as well a lot of good friends there.

Thank you Cristiano. It was really amazing last night in Woodstock.

Hopefully we meet again!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 19, 2016 21:32

texas fan
DandelionPowderman
Spud
Agreed here too .

Dandy, I agree he was much better in 2012 than 2007, and I remember noticing him focusing, not posing. Now we get the old joyful, showy keith, with a few more lapses, but maybe better and looser in some ways. I still wish they'd drop sympathy.
In 2012 the Rolling Stones play in arenas, very different from today playing in stadiums.

Well, Darryl sings!
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 20, 2016 01:05

thumbs up

Darryl is just one of a kind and I admire his virtuosity!

Here's he's catched while singing just before performing his masterly solo on Miss You, Uruguay, February 16.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 20, 2016 04:40

Thank you everyone for posting all these amazing pictures! I always love looking through them after every show

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 20, 2016 17:40

I think Charlie's drums were partially wrapped in a British flag during the first songs. Someone saw that too? What was the occasion?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 20, 2016 17:49

The Joker
I think Charlie's drums were partially wrapped in a British flag during the first songs. Someone saw that too? What was the occasion?

There was a British flag that someone threw at the stage at the beginning of the concert. Mick picked it up and put it on Charlie's drums.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 12 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1337
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home