Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21
Re: Buenos Aires show-3 La Plata 13-Feb-2016 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: February 14, 2016 17:18

dcba
The Sicilian

Poor Argentina,

They gave the most and received the least.

Am I the only one who thinks they cheer and clap themselves first and foremost? Be it the Stones or the Pat Boone tribue band they are hysterical because they have decided they're the best audience in the world? Better than Brazil better any other country in SA?
Yeah I think it's a chauvinist thing.
dcba, as Argentine guy, I agree with you. We love to show off and be protagonist of the show...but, at the end of the day, who cares? We colaborated to keep the Stones happy, and that is most important that any sociological analysis.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 14, 2016 18:27

latvianinexile
a bigger nut
latvianinexile

I love this Keith.thumbs up

Then how's the stage height latvianinexile ?
It looks slightly higher than ON FIRE and ZIPCODE tour

Hi bigger nut! Good to hear from you! I had a seat tonight. But, yes, the stage is high. Reminds me of Abu Dhabi. People in first row don't see a lot.

It's good to see you are doing very well !smiling smiley
Are you going to any other show ?

I am not still 100% sure, but planning to go Mexico City.

Rolling Stones - La Plata Argentina, February13 2016
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 14, 2016 19:36

Ronnie with an autographed jersey from Club Atlético River Plate footballer Leonardo Ponzio:

@ronniewood es del más grande!!!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:06

Hello guys, here is my video from the Stones live in Buenos Aires last night, including fan summary:

video: [www.youtube.com]

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:11

B-Flat
dcba
The Sicilian

Poor Argentina,

Am I the only one who thinks they cheer and clap themselves first and foremost? Be it the Stones or the Pat Boone tribue band they are hysterical because they have decided they're the best audience in the world? Better than Brazil better any other country in SA?
Yeah I think it's a chauvinist thing.
dcba, as Argentine guy, I agree with you. We love to show off and be protagonist of the show...but, at the end of the day, who cares? We colaborated to keep the Stones happy, and that is most important that any sociological analysis.

I wouldn't dare insult you as a nation or as a people but I've read this written by an Argentinian guy : "yes we love to make the show as much as the band onstage".
Anyway you've ahd 3 memorables nights with the Stones... The tape of gig #1 seems to show the band played great. You certainly gave them a big booster! thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:15

An emotive show but it was by far the worst of the bunch at La Plata, sadly 3 shows on 6 days is too much for the Stones on 2016, the band looked very tired at moments and it was very hot too, about 29°C.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:28

georgelicks
An emotive show but it was by far the worst of the bunch at La Plata, sadly 3 shows on 6 days is too much for the Stones on 2016, the band looked very tired at moments and it was very hot too, about 29°C.

Consider a 73 year-old Paul McCartney played 5 shows in 10 days in October of 2015 AND played upwards of 36 songs in shows that lasted three hours. Which also included playing bass, lead, rhythm, piano, and ukulele. And sang all the songs.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 14, 2016 20:50

Midnight Rambler

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:06

The Sicilian
georgelicks

Consider a 73 year-old Paul McCartney played 5 shows in 10 days in October of 2015 AND played upwards of 36 songs in shows that lasted three hours. Which also included playing bass, lead, rhythm, piano, and ukulele. And sang all the songs.

I saw Paul McCartney 4 times last year. He played 40 or 41 songs at each show and was on stage for 2 hours 45 minutes without a break, apart from prior to his 2 lots of encores. In all songs he plays a musical instrument at the same time, electric piano, grand piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, Ukelele or bass.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:45

georgelicks

Waiting for the reviews.
Best show ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: February 14, 2016 21:46

dcba

The Sicilian

Poor Argentina,

Am I the only one who thinks they cheer and clap themselves first and foremost? Be it the Stones or the Pat Boone tribue band they are hysterical because they have decided they're the best audience in the world? Better than Brazil better any other country in SA? Yeah I think it's a chauvinist thing.

Yeah, you are the only one.
That statement is rubbish. Come on, cheer for themselves??? Who does that. When you are at a concert you are cheering for the band, and some are hoping that a more thunderous applauds will convince the band to do something special in return.
However, with the Stones you could cheer so loud that the stadium sways and they would not give you one song more. Instead they got one song less. UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 14, 2016 21:48

stones2000
TornAndFried
Sad to think.that this will likely be the last time the Rolling Stones will ever play in Buenos Aires.

Well you never know for sure. I don't like to ever think of them playing in a place for the last time...I think they're quite a while away from retiring from touring. So you never know. Keith does like the energy of the crowds!

This tour is it for South America. They are not planning to come back here again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 22:00 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 14, 2016 21:55

TornAndFried
stones2000
TornAndFried
Sad to think.that this will likely be the last time the Rolling Stones will ever play in Buenos Aires.

Well you never know for sure. I don't like to ever think of them playing in a place for the last time...I think they're quite a while away from retiring from touring. So you never know. Keith does like the energy of the crowds!

This tour is it for South America. They are not planning to come back again.

I would tend to agree with that.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:00

The Sicilian
dcba

The Sicilian

Poor Argentina,

Am I the only one who thinks they cheer and clap themselves first and foremost? Be it the Stones or the Pat Boone tribue band they are hysterical because they have decided they're the best audience in the world? Better than Brazil better any other country in SA? Yeah I think it's a chauvinist thing.

Yeah, you are the only one.
That statement is rubbish. Come on, cheer for themselves??? Who does that. When you are at a concert you are cheering for the band, and some are hoping that a more thunderous applauds will convince the band to do something special in return.
However, with the Stones you could cheer so loud that the stadium sways and they would not give you one song more. Instead they got one song less. UNBELIEVABLE.

The Rolling Stones have always been contrary, something I love about the band.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:03

Always an amazing audience for sure :
AC/DC - Back in Black : [youtu.be]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:20

Always amusing and funny to read the predictions here about what the Stones will do, or not do, or this is the last time they will do. I have been reading that type of talk on this board since forever...

...like on/after the Licks tour when oh so many prognosticators were assuring everyone that this small arena tour was for the fans and a good bye gift and they will never be back. yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah...

...and again around 2008-09 when things were quiet after the Bigger Bang when so many people were blathering their doom and gloom about Keith and his hands and stating as if it was a fact that he can not play anymore and blah blah blah blah....

...for years reading all the amusing guarantees here, "making the call" that this is it... or soon it will be all over for The Stones... as if there is some kind of prize for saying that... or maybe they are just hoping that later they can say "I CALLED IT!"

fyi- there is no prize for that.

People been trying to call this band over for 40 years... and ya know what?

They are playing live on Tuesday in Montevideo to a sold out stadium.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 22:23 by everwest1.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 14, 2016 22:27

thumbs up

Date: February 14, 2016 22:41

everwest1
Always amusing and funny to read the predictions here about what the Stones will do, or not do, or this is the last time they will do. I have been reading that type of talk on this board since forever.

Well, maybe you will find it amusing that I asked their longtime tour production manager if he thinks they will ever play in South America again and he said "No. This it it."

Date: February 14, 2016 22:44

TornAndFried
everwest1
Always amusing and funny to read the predictions here about what the Stones will do, or not do, or this is the last time they will do. I have been reading that type of talk on this board since forever.

Well, maybe you will find it amusing that I asked their longtime tour production manager if he thinks they will ever play in South America again and he said "No. This it it."

Yes, yes I do find that amusing... tell us that date in Cuba again...

Date: February 14, 2016 22:48

"They fired Prince Rupert Loewenstein, that means the Stones are done as a touring band"... some insider assured us years ago.

Date: February 14, 2016 23:05

everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1

The show in Cuba doesn't look good at this point. The negotiations with either the Cuban government or the corporate sponsors have hit a snag and time is running out. And by the way, Prince Rupert was not their tour or production manager.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-14 23:12 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 14, 2016 23:12

TornAndFried
everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1

The show in Cuba doesn't look good at this point. The negotiations with either the Cuban government or the corporate sponsors have hit a snag and time is running now out.
Maybe next tour... and maybe any delays could be good news for people in the states, as it seems rules are loosening up as far as ease of travel to the island. Although just like I always said I hoped for a tour for our SA Sotnes friends, I hope this Cuba date happens as planned.

I hope the Stones play Cuba, the people there will love it.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 14, 2016 23:21

If you put a pedometer on McCartney for 100 songs and Jagger for 18, who wins?

CHELSKEITH

Date: February 14, 2016 23:22

MizzAmandaJonez
If you put a pedometer on McCartney for 100 songs and Jagger for 18, who wins?

CHELSKEITH

The fans for sure!

Date: February 14, 2016 23:41

everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1

The show in Cuba doesn't look good at this point. The negotiations with either the Cuban government or the corporate sponsors have hit a snag and time is running now out.
Maybe next tour... and maybe any delays could be good news for people in the states, as it seems rules are loosening up as far as ease of travel to the island. Although just like I always said I hoped for a tour for our SA Sotnes friends, I hope this Cuba date happens as planned.

I think if there is no announcement by the end of this week we can safely assume that the Cuba show will not happen in March. Perhaps they could do it next time they play in America. It would be easy for them to go from Miami to Havana and as you mentioned, travel restrictions will be easing up and more flights will start becoming available from the US later this year.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 01:27 by TornAndFried.

Date: February 14, 2016 23:41

everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1
TornAndFried
everwest1

I think they really want to do this show in Cuba. It will be an historic event.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 00:48 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 15, 2016 00:07

zgubi
Hello guys, here is my video from the Stones live in Buenos Aires last night, including fan summary:

Thanks so much Andreea for the great videos and lovely report of your feelings and experience of South America. smileys with beer

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 15, 2016 00:32

crawdaddy
zgubi

Thanks so much Andreea for the great videos and lovely report of your feelings and experience of South America. smileys with beer

I would echo that. i love your travel videos Andreea. For me, they paint a picture of the occasion. I watched all the European 14 on Fire ones. I just watched this one there. I actually saw you across the fence with Crawdaddy at the Who in Hyde Park last year. Look forward to the next one!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: February 15, 2016 00:50

Nice official paint it black from la Plata :

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 15, 2016 01:45

Thank you guys. This was truly an amazing experience.
Here is my take in it:

Reaching the end of the Rainbow.

Short version: made it to the show and lived to tell the story -> watch the video video: [www.youtube.com]

The long story:

I feel like I’ve completed a marathon, the concert in Buenos Aires I attended last night was and probably will be the most precious concert experience of my life, both from considering everything invested into getting here and from the experience on its own.

Three years ago I wouldn’t even have dreamed about traveling half-way across the world to see the Stones in Buenos Aires. But I love to travel, and I love concerts and traveling for concerts it’s what I love most.

The Rolling Stones story for me, as I keep discovering from one experience to another, is like a story that was previously written and I only had to show up to live it. It’s most of all about the concerts, the energy, the feeling of how being true to yourself and doing the things that make you happy can get you anywhere, this is how I feel it.

Two years ago I arrived in Adelaide, during a Bobby Keys show as the Stones tour had been cancelled, that’s where I met Richard and Sonoko, an encounter that I believe contributed to all the Stones stories that followed, including my arrival in Buenos Aires. We made a pact that night for the three of us to meet in Buenos Aires if that were to happen in the future. And somehow I believe we did.

The opportunity of seeing the Stones playing for the best audience in the world for me meant the ultimate concert experience. And since then I’ve been waiting for the tour to be confirmed confident that I would somehow find a way to get there and experience it.

Long intro I know but Buenos Aires and getting to Buenos Aires has been my main challenge for a long time and now that it’s happened I absolutely feel like a superstar and that I am able to do anything!

For the first time in my life I joined the die-hard fans for an 8am bus ride into La Plata where we sat in the queue. Argentina is famous for its audience, they usually sleep outside of the venue in order to get a good spot.

The sky was cloudy so the sun wasn’t too bad during the 6 hours wait. For me it was a new and exciting experience, I met so many people who had been watching my travel videos and who knew my name and called me as I was passing by. I met some of the people I met at shows in the past and all in all it felt like a school reunion, school bus and all included.

At 4pm the doors opened and we got in, some made a run for it, some took a slower walk but we regrouped in front of the stage where we waited some more.

During the day I was being constantly warned and briefed by people around to guard my things, that the audience is like a vortex and it will suck you in, to stick together, to hold against the rail. Serious training like getting ready for the fight.

When the first opening band came on I started to feel it, the audience was a huge living animal and we were a thin line holding against the rail.

So I went with the flow and for a while it was good. They are indeed full of energy and that’s mostly because of their spirit, is not as much being Stones fans or music fans, rather a way of expression that is natural to them and is in a way unique in the world.

After a while things started to get more intense as more and more people were pushing trying to get to the rail, a pointless struggle as they would have become the thin line holding this organism from hitting the rail.

The opening bands did their sets and I think I never sweated as much as I did last night. I didn’t mind and was trying to keep an open mind until we had some troublemakers who were disturbing the otherwise chaotic sync set in motion.

The Stones come on stage and I can barely hear what they’re saying because of the incredibly loud audience.

They paraded on the catwalk and kept stopping right in front of our spot. They look the same, they are the same, these guys rock.

It’s nice to be this close to the stage and see the action but I also like to enjoy these experiences and in front of the stage that was a challenge.

After almost half of the show in front of the stage in Buenos Aires I knew I was happy with that and with a smile on my face and happy to do so I asked to be pulled over the rail. I then walked in front of the huge audience with thousands of hands in the air and made my way to the side of the field. I wanted to film that but even moving my hands could sometimes be difficult.

So I got out and enjoyed the rest of the show not very far from where I was sitting at first but with space to move, air to breathe and a cool breeze which finally happened last night since I arrived to South America. I enjoyed best of both parts and this way had a complete experience.

Looking at the bigger picture I could see things differently from the outside, indeed they are more enthusiastic than others but they too as do Europeans and Australians get excited for the first 10 seconds of the show and then they pull out their phones (not as much though).

They were singing and dancing but there are two songs in particular that they love, these are Paint It Black (because of the YouTube video I believe) and Satisfaction which they can easily sing in their football anthem sort of way.

Satisfaction does indeed have its best version here in Argentina.

And then there was a mix of feelings:

· Fulfilment: the more effort you put into making something happen the more satisfaction you get achieving it

· Graduation: getting here some lifted the limits of how far dreams can take you

· Change: since two years ago in Adelaide a lot of things have changed and a lot of people have gone, some of them on the stage some of them in front, in spirit they were all with us. I enjoyed seeing the new faces both on and off the stage

· Beginning: many of the Stones friends are now heading home after spending the week for the Buenos Aires shows, I feel they’re passing on the torch as I will be continuing forward to the next three shows

As we sat on the floor after the show having a beer and a few chats the endorphins started to kick in and it was a night of genuinely being grateful for these experiences and appreciating how things are connected. I’ve only ever met Richard less than 24h in total across two years and the two times we met were both exotic destinations. And like so many other wonderful people in this story he’s someone I consider a good friend and I know we will meet again, we’ll just have to discover when and where J

We’ve made it! #StonesArgentina

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 03:31 by zgubi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 18 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home