Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 91
Re: Stones 1981-1982 Wardrobes
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: January 20, 2018 07:58

Fly Eagles Fly!

Mick is obviously a Philadelphia Eagles fan as he wore this Eagles Football Jersey all across the USA on the 1981 tour. I watched the Jersey get thrown to Mick from an audience member on the opening show in Philadelphia.

In honor of the Eagles winning the SUPERBOWL, I posted pics of Mick sporting that famous jersey.

Philadelphia

Rockman

Boulder

Philadelphia

LA

San Diego

Seattle

San Francisco

Pontiac

Hartford

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-12 00:12 by exilestones.

Date: January 22, 2018 18:28

Buffalo

Date: January 24, 2018 18:42

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 24, 2018 19:18

exilestones
Fly Eagles Fly!

Mick is obviously a Philadelphia Eagles fan as he wore this Eagles Football Jersey all across the USA on the 1981 tour. I watched the Jersey get thrown to Mick from an audience member on the opening show in Philadelphia.

Funny... Not sure if I'm showing my ignorance or apathy but, for whatever reason, whenever I saw those pictures, my mind always identified it as a Jets jersey. I guess from now on, my brain will be saying "not the Jets, the Eagles".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 26, 2018 17:14

mr_dja
exilestones
Fly Eagles Fly!

Funny... Not sure if I'm showing my ignorance or apathy but, for whatever reason, whenever I saw those pictures, my mind always identified it as a Jets jersey. I guess from now on, my brain will be saying "not the Jets, the Eagles".

Peace,
Mr DJA

It's hard to tell the two jerseys apart. I don't understand why Mick wore the Philly Jersey almost everywhere in 1981 when there were local football jerseys available (which he occasionally did wear).

Go Eagles in the Superbowl!

Date: January 26, 2018 17:34

HANOVER

Date: January 26, 2018 17:48

Date: January 27, 2018 21:37

Tongue logo Scarf - European Tour 1982
ROLLING STONES Tongue Logo Scarf (Rare 1982 46" x 6" scarf from the European tour presented by Raindrop Productions Inc.
Features double-sided design including the tongue logo and band name/tour text design, with blue-backed double-layered
woven fabric with white tassle ends.

Date: January 29, 2018 20:08

Peter Maffay looks back.....  "1982 in Hannover - That Hurt a Lot"

Mercilessly Maffay was booed and had to experience his personal Waterloo.

He has given countless concerts, but Peter Maffay's memory of 1982's performance is particularly
memorable. At that time he appeared in the opening act of the Rolling Stones. At the tour start in
Hannover, the spectators wanted him, who just wanted to be from pop singer to rocker, but not see.

[www.myheimat.de]

Hanover - Maffay was booed. "That hurt," he says today. And adds: "The fact that I've become an organic farmer certainly has something to do with it, that pretty much everything was thrown on the stage, what there is to buy in the supermarket."

Long was that evening, Maffay still remembers today as a "living exclamation point", as he says. He has played hundreds of concerts since then, and an end is not in sight: Yesterday presented the 64-year-old in the ffn Funkhaus his 23rd studio album. "If that's the case" is the name of the record. "It's the rockiest album we've ever done," says Maffay. When he presented his new album on Wednesday evening with an exclusive concert in the Munich "Zenith", Roland Kaiser and Joko Winterscheidt were also in the audience. "I had a lot of fun on stage," says Maffay. "And the hall was also full. I think the record arrived. "

The title "If that's the case" Maffay understands as an encouragement to keep going - no matter what. He also has his Tabaluga Foundation in mind, which is committed to traumatized children. "Children want to experience people who have energy and are ready to give it away." Maffay lives with his wife and son on a farm near Pollença in Mallorca. Traumatized children from all over the world regularly go on holiday there for free, giving them an insight into organic farming. For his social commitment Maffay received the Federal Cross of Merit in the nineties.

Peter Maffay is a German singer, composer, actor, guitarist and music producer of Romanian German origin.
At the beginning of his career he became known as a pop singer, but then turned into one of the most successful
German-speaking (Blues) rock and pop musicians. With 18 number one albums he is by far the most successful
artist in the German charts. In addition, he is co-inventor of the fairy tale and cartoon character Tabaluga.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 20:29 by exilestones.

Date: January 31, 2018 18:53

The Rolling Stones 1982 Cologne - Müngersdorf

Date: February 2, 2018 08:28

MUNICH

Date: February 2, 2018 08:29

MUNICH

[keefguitar.tumblr.com]

Can anyone identify any of the people in the above image besides Mick and Keith? Thank you

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 21:13 by exilestones.

Date: February 2, 2018 17:04

exilestones
MUNICH

[keefguitar.tumblr.com]

CaN anyone identify any of the people in the above image besides Mick and Keith? Thank you

Could it be that they are just fans?
And - the blog you pulled that pic from is excellent. There are an incredible amount of very good Keith pics. Many are rare, I'd not seen a good many of them; often it might be a shot from a well known session or opportunity, but just taken a second later.

Date: February 3, 2018 01:27

MUNICH

Andy Warhol photo

Date: February 4, 2018 08:41

SAN DIEGO

A very happy Rolling Stones fan gets her tickets to
see the Rolling Stones at Jack Murphy Stadium.

Keef1966

The San Diego Union
October 9th 1981

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 17:56 by exilestones.

Date: February 4, 2018 16:42

SAN DIEGO

Date: February 5, 2018 17:57

SAN DIEGO

The Rolling Stones hit the West Coast
By STEWART SLAVIN | Oct. 7, 1981

SAN DIEGO -- The Rolling Stones hit the West Coast for the first concert under lights on their nationwide tour
Wednesday night and were cheered by a record crowd of 70,000 at the city's jammed sports stadium.

The crowd was the largest ever for a concert in the history of the nation's eighth largest city.

The Stones had been scheduled to mount the massive pink and purple stage at 6 p.m., when it was still light,
but their performance was delayed until dark in a surprise change.

Heng Shing Lu photo

The parking lot at Jack Murphy Stadium was unlocked at 9 p.m. Tuesday night and thousands of ticket holders were
lined up when the stadium gates opened at 10 a.m. Wednesday.

By 3 p.m., when the show's opening acts began, the stadium seats were filled and another 20,000 persons stood
in the playing field.

The Rolling Stones were preceeded by George Thorogood and the Destroyers, who will also play with the Stones
in their two concerts at the Los Angeles Coliseum this weekend, and the J. Geils Band.

Among some of the older concert-goers was George Smith, 42, a San Diego resident who joined his 24-year-old
son and 19-year-old daughter.

'I just want to see what happens,' Smith said. 'I'm here for the nachos, but I like their music too.'

Police Chief Bill Kolender, one of the few people in the stadium wearing a suit and tie, said he had no reports
of violence such as marked the Stones' performance in San Diego in 1972,
when 21 persons including nine policemen were injured during 'a full-scale riot.'

'Times have changed,' Kolender said. 'The young people don't seem as prone to create disturbances as they did in
past years. Respect for the police is much more prevalent than it used to be.'

At 6 p.m., shortly before the Stones began to perform, police reported that 15 persons had been jailed, eight of
them on felony drug charges and seven on misdemeanor violations. Another

eight persons had been given misdemeanor citations and 21 had been treated at a detoxification center.

A spokesman said the biggest problem of the night was broken glass containers in the parking lot.

More than 100 persons were treated at two medical centers set up at the stadium. Mark Becktold, a registered
nurse, said the injuries included sprains, strains, heat exhaustion and drug-related problems.

Tickets for the concert, sold under a festival seating arrangement, cost $15 each.

The crowd cheered wildly when the purple curtains parted and Mick Jagger, dressed in a bright yellow ski
jacket and football pants and blue knee guards reminiscent of the San Diego
Chargers, strutted to the front of the stage.

The Stones opened with 'Under My Thumb.' A few minutes later, during 'Let's Spend the Night Together,' Jagger
tore off his jacket and continued the performance in his customary white armless t-shirt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 18:26 by exilestones.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: February 6, 2018 16:14

exilestones
MUNICH

[keefguitar.tumblr.com]

Can anyone identify any of the people in the above image besides Mick and Keith? Thank you

Members of the England 1982 world cup football team.

Date: February 6, 2018 18:19

Paul Kersey

Members of the England 1982 world cup football team.

WOW! Thanks, Paul.

Date: February 6, 2018 18:30

An escaped bank robber who fled to Colorado and...
Oct. 5, 1981

LOMPOC, Calif. -- An escaped bank robber who fled to Colorado and attended a Rolling Stones concert surrendered to police during the rock band's performance.

Albert H. Ferris, 23, a convicted bank robber who had been serving a 12-year stretch at Lompoc Federal Penitentiary, approached a vendor at the Stones concert in Boulder Sunday and asked him to call a police officer, said a prison spokesman.

'He said he was tired of being a criminal and he wanted to give it up,' Lt. Dave Evans of the University of Colorado Police Department said Monday. 'He said that he was afraid he was going to be shot by police but that he had to turn himself in anyway.

'He said he was a heroin user and an armed robber ... and he wanted to talk to a priest and ... he wouldn't be violent.'

Ferris escaped Sept. 26 from Vandenburg Air Force Base hospital where he was being treated for a stab wound in the back. Two gunmen overpowered a guard outside Ferris's hospital room, tied him up and held a gun to his back while Ferris left the hospital unnoticed.

Date: February 6, 2018 18:46

Mick Jagger Party
Carly Simon attends Mick Jagger
Party on June 3, 1981 at Mick
Jagger's home in New York City.

photo by Ron Galella

Date: February 6, 2018 18:58

Date: February 7, 2018 20:01

NEW YORK CITY, JULY 2 - Mick Jagger attending
'Birthday Party for Jerri Hall' on July 5, 1981 at the
Xenon Disco in New York City, New York.

photo by Ron Galella

Mick Jagger and photographer Ron Galella.
New York City, July 2, 1981

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-08 06:26 by exilestones.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 7, 2018 22:37

Grrreat thread Exile. Thank you.smileys with beerthumbs up

Date: February 9, 2018 17:45

Jo Wood (with Ronnie in the background) talking to Patti Hansen
hugging her boyfriend Keith Richards in the early 80s. So cute!!!

Patti, Keith + Bowie = The Ritz, watching Tina Turner, January 1983

(Thanks to Bill German author of "Under Their Thumb" for identifying the above photo)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-09 18:05 by exilestones.

Date: February 12, 2018 00:09

FRANKFURT

Frankfurt 2nd by Grison

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 12, 2018 03:10

Is Wood's Tele in the above photos a arctic white or a cream/yellow? I've never been sure. Anyway, I think it missed inclusion in the Gear book.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 12, 2018 09:40

tomk
Is Wood's Tele in the above photos a arctic white or a cream/yellow? I've never been sure. Anyway, I think it missed inclusion in the Gear book.

Holy crap those pics are great. Thank you Mr exilestones. thumbs up

Edit: I think it's the white tele?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-12 09:43 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: February 12, 2018 11:40

exilestones

Jo Wood (with Ronnie in the background) talking to Patti Hansen
hugging her boyfriend Keith Richards in the early 80s. So cute!!!

Patti, Keith + Bowie = The Ritz, watching Tina Turner, January 1983

(Thanks to Bill German author of "Under Their Thumb" for identifying the above photo)

Is that really Patti in the second pic of this row?
In 81 Keith looked and played great. Ronnie had on and off days in both dept.

Posted by: adrianmfa2 ()
Date: February 12, 2018 14:55

Pontiac 1981: Pontiac new edit

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home