Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Queen
Posted by: ShatterednVA ()
Date: August 18, 2005 20:33

Does anyone know where I might download/hear songs from the tour with Paul Rodgers. I have no idea what they sound like. Thanks

Re: Queen
Posted by: Goldsmith ()
Date: August 18, 2005 21:21

Most. Overrated. Band. Ever.

Posted by: Ged Rambler ()
Date: August 18, 2005 22:54

Go to queenonline.com & they're all on there if you click on the live download link.
You'll have to register first & get a pin number.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 19, 2005 00:38

I like their first album and then everything from about '85 onwards. Absolutely loathe that famous single which should not be named!

Great creative spurt in the short time before Freddie's death.

Love "I'm going slightly mad" (their last single?)- and to see his humour and love of performance in its video when it was painfully clear how he was suffering at the time.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: August 19, 2005 02:09

Queen rule, no contest. Even Mick Jagger has to make way for Freddie Mercury, and Brian May is a much more interesting guitarist than keef and ron. Stones do have the better songs though.......

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: August 19, 2005 02:24

Queen are/were a diabolical band that should be ******** on national tv!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-08-19 02:24 by andy js.

Date: August 19, 2005 02:26

Does Jagger make way for the dead?!

BM makes some astounding sounds - flashy, technical wizadry with bite - but nothing that goes so deep to the core as some Keith chords/solos/riffs.

Oh, why compare? They've all given us so much.

Yet, Mick Taylor still outshines them all!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: August 19, 2005 02:38

I think it's quite clear that Freddie Mercury was good, but Mick is the best ever! I used to be a huge Queen fan, have all their videos, but when I first saw a footage of a Stones concert I realized what the real thing is all about. Nobody is in the same league of Mick, as far as performing on stage is concerned, that's for sure.

Queen with Paul Rogers sounds bull$%it to me.

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: August 19, 2005 11:04

It wouldn't be that bad........... if they'd just stick to some Free and Bad Co. numbers!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: August 19, 2005 11:04

Goldsmith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Most. Overrated. Band. Ever.

I. Could. Not. Agree. More.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 19, 2005 13:43

Hate them, especially after Sun City.

Very popular though, a guy once threatened to beat me up because I said Mercury was gay, he said Jagger was. Funny how macho people can't have gay heroes or at least couldn't then.

Date: August 19, 2005 15:46

speaking of gay look what homophobic straight men did to Rod Stewart - didn't they say he swallowed x amount of *** from his entire band and had his stomach pumped. Well, I must say if he is gay he is a great actor - look at his woman and kids........

speak of Rod - I actually think he is a better vocalist than Jagger - not songwriter or performer but vocalist. Rods vocals on Street Fight Man are awesome...........

but back to the original posting all I wanted to know was where to hear some Queen with Paul Rodgers.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 19, 2005 22:52

Yes the first Queen album is terrific. The magical 1973 year that saw the first Aerosmith lp as well. You gotta give it up for "A night at the opera" and "News of the world". Great heavy metal band from the 70s. But who could ever compare them to (Chip Monck in voix-off) the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World .... The Rolling Stones.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:02

First Queen album is my favorite too. Gotta love Great King Rat and Liar.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: August 19, 2005 23:11

Just like the first Rod Steward album. A freaking unbelievable rock classic that is as tasty as hell! Gotta love that version of SFM. And of course my favourte Rod Stewart album ever: Gasoline Alley. Gasoline Alley is almost easily as good as anything (except Exile and Beggars and Ya-Yas and Aftermath & Sticky Fingers and Let it Bleed) that the Stones ever did.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: Han ()
Date: August 20, 2005 01:40

ShatterednVA Wrote:
> Does anyone know where I might download/hear songs
> from the tour with Paul Rodgers. I have no idea
> what they sound like. Thanks

The Manchester and Wembley shows are available on dimeadozen [www.dimeadozen.org] and the official Queen+PR site has a selection as well [www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com]

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Date: August 20, 2005 02:53

Han Thanks for the info - I listened to some of the clips and not very impressed. I think they could have found a more dynamic and versitale vocalist for the tour. Maybe like someone like George Michael seriously I heard some of the clips he did with them and they sounded great. But I guess he's to pop and has too much contraversy surrounding him these days.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: August 20, 2005 03:06

I don't think George is any more controversial than Freddie was, but I do think that they wanted someone more dissimilar who would reinterpret the material much more radically. I also think that Brian and Roger, being the harder, rockier end of Queen, appreciate Paul's blues-based style.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 20, 2005 13:45

The Rod stomach pump story is surely the one about Marc Almond who was alledgedly taken to hospital to have a pint of semen pumped from his gut?

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: August 20, 2005 16:49

Oh I remembr the story about Rod sucking off his whole roadcrew and having to have his stomach pumped. I wonder why that ever got started. Same with Richard Gere and the gerbils up his arse Hahaha. Porr little gerbil...
Rod was such a great vocalist back then. On Every Picture, Gasoline and Never a Dull Moment. He stil is great; always has been. Just got stuck doing lousy material and with terrible bands. Rememebr that guitarrist Jim Cregan who he was trying so hard to fashion into a mini Ronnie twin?
A girl I live with is a huge Queen fan so I have been introduced to much of them. And have come to appreciate Freddie a lot. Incredible singer, showman and spirited human being.The band is also prett good. i think it's a disgrace, an affront to Freddie's memory to call it Queen when playing with Paul Rodgers. Nothing wrong with them wnating to rock out; even to play the old tunes. But to call it Queen? george Michael would have beebn a lot better, that's true. I saw photos where PR even is trying to look like Freddie from back then. He's in a white bodysuit all gay and stuff LOL. Paul Rodgers...another mediocre one..

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: August 20, 2005 17:26

Charles Wrote:
> Charles Baudelaire
> 1821-1869

Charles Baudelaire actually died in 1867. Check your facts, plonker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home