Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Miss You
Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:44

Miss you is debatible Stones song, I know. I must admit, I like this combination of disco and R and roll ( ?). Gets me dancing etc. good groove. Are the playing it any more..?

Re: Miss You
Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:54

You mean do the Stones play it live anymore? Yup, they play it pretty frequently. Actually, they played it at most of (if not every) show on Zip Code

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-30 08:59 by stones2000.

Date: January 30, 2016 09:23

good to hear ! maybe I go to south america for a show.? from iceland is a long way... now there wont be any Lisa Fisher though, she was a big factor in the perfomance of Miss you ...?

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 30, 2016 14:16

I bet they played MISS YOU at every goddamn concert since 1989, never seen a setlist without it. And I am sure they will continue to play it till they croak.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 30, 2016 14:25

HMS
I bet they played MISS YOU at every goddamn concert since 1989, never seen a setlist without it. And I am sure they will continue to play it till they croak.

It was not played in 1999 and only a few times in 2002-2003.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 30, 2016 14:46

it was a pleasure not to hear it regularly on Licks and No security.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2016 14:52

"Miss You" is a great song for crowd interactions. Let's dance. Let's sing. Let's rock'n'roll. Also that is when Ronnie and Keith walk down to the secondary stage, if there is such. And... it is the "Miss You" theme everyone is singing while waiting at train and tube stations after the shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 17:07

good to hear ! maybe I go to south america for a show.? from iceland is a long way... now there wont be any Lisa Fisher though, she was a big factor in the perfomance of Miss you ...?

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Lisa has that big a role in Miss You. She's really important to Gimme Shelter though

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: January 30, 2016 17:33

For me, it's their most boring song but evidently a crowd favorite.

Date: January 30, 2016 17:35

The new girl singer will be great on Gimme Shelter, better than Lisa. The Stones picked the best one around to replace her.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 30, 2016 22:49

HMS
The new girl singer will be great on Gimme Shelter, better than Lisa. The Stones picked the best one around to replace her.

Yep she can belt it out... have heard her

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 31, 2016 00:37

stones2000

As far as I'm aware, I don't think Lisa has that big a role in Miss You. She's really important to Gimme Shelter though

Yeah, the audience plays a big role during Miss You.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: January 31, 2016 00:39

Saw 3 Zip Code shows & got a 'Miss You' @ each. For all the talk here about how boring & horribly played it is live, it went over great each time!
Everybody singing the lyrics & falsetto parts...it was fun to be apart of that in a large crowd setting. And it seemed to me the band still love to play it.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 31, 2016 00:44

HMS
I bet they played MISS YOU at every goddamn concert since 1989

How much do you want to bet?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 31, 2016 00:45

Miss you is debatible Stones song .....

..... but I like it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:13

beachbreak
For me, it's their most boring song but evidently a crowd favorite.

The crowd is ruling! Democracy in rock'n'roll!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 31, 2016 02:48

Miss You is like an anthem...just glorious...

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: January 31, 2016 03:37

If I never hear that song anywhere ever again I will be OK with that... and that is the ONLY song song of The Stones I feel that way about, I love (to varying degrees) all of the rest, even the ones a lot of people hate...

...but I have seen all of the kids and pedestrians and tourists and most everyone else at live Stones shows go absolutely gaga and get up and start dancing and singing when they play that freekin song... and that is what makes Mike the happiest... so I imagine I will hear it quite a few more times and I am OK with that too.

thump thump thump wooo hoo hoo oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh Oooh oooh oooh Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh Oooh oooh oooh ooohwoo hhoooo hhoo whooooo whhooo whoooo

TL/DR
Will they play Miss You on Ole tour?
I would bet the casa they will play it at every stop.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-31 03:43 by everwest1.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: January 31, 2016 04:38

awwww. Miss you too.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: January 31, 2016 07:19

Miss You - Providing the discriminating Stones concert attendee with a pee break since 1978. drinking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2016 08:58

I've always enjoyed it live as there's a nice vibe throughout, especially when Bill was still in the band.
Daryll's bass solo is a bit overkill and unnecessary imo.

Date: January 31, 2016 12:31

The song sucks live, I can´t stand it. Never understood the crowd liking it so much. In the past I liked the studio version to a certain degree, but after so many live versions I hardly bear to listen to the studio-version. I wish they´d replace it, Rain Fall Down would be a nice choice, imo. But I know they won´t.

Date: January 31, 2016 12:41

bv
"Miss You" is a great song for crowd interactions. Let's dance. Let's sing. Let's rock'n'roll. Also that is when Ronnie and Keith walk down to the secondary stage, if there is such. And... it is the "Miss You" theme everyone is singing while waiting at train and tube stations after the shows.

Yep, they're singing MY, IORR and SFTD.

Date: January 31, 2016 13:38

bv
... it is the "Miss You" theme everyone is singing while waiting at train and tube stations after the shows.

That´s what makes me wonder the most.
People can be very strange sometimes.confused smiley

Date: January 31, 2016 13:58

HMS
bv
... it is the "Miss You" theme everyone is singing while waiting at train and tube stations after the shows.

That´s what makes me wonder the most.
People can be very strange sometimes.confused smiley

Whether we like those songs or not, those choruses and ooh oohs stick like glue, even for you smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 31, 2016 20:01

HMS

Why not since 1978 when they first played it live? Every tour from 1978-1998 it was played (possibly not every show, there's some website that shows all this stuff somewher

The best live version may have been the 1989-90 tours.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 31, 2016 23:45

The chicks dig it. Mick's at his sexy best.
After our Zipcode show, the 'woo woo's' on the way out after the show
were from 'Sympathy for the Devil'
as it was my first concert and I didn't know this RS crowd bonding moment,
I thought: very cool! And 'woo woo' :-)

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 1, 2016 15:29

ive been walking central park singing after dark people ask me what's that matter with you boy some times i say to my self (see above )

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 1, 2016 19:36

Like it or not, Miss You is a highlight for the casual fan. My sister was thrilled to hear it in Philly a few years ago, and when I took my son and his friend to see the band last June in Pittsburgh, they shared woo hoos with the crowd on our long walk back to the hotel. I probably got as much pleasure out of their delight in the song as I did from watching the boys go at it for the umpteenth time. Miss you is not to be missed in a Stones show. The Stones know it and so do their audiences. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-01 22:14 by latebloomer.

Date: February 1, 2016 21:17

that is right.. I am sorry.. of course Lisa with her unbeliveable high high tones, fantastic

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home