Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT: What are you drinking this friday?
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: January 30, 2016 01:24

Drinking hot apple cider. Heat up 16oz until just below boiling and drink like hot tea, Delicious! And warms you up for this winter time of year. You can simmer it with some cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg if you like. Even some ginger root. You can add a shot or two of rum before drinking this delicious hot stuff.

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: January 30, 2016 01:45

After a rough week at work, I have Keith's most recent, Rockpile live, Bob Dylans Greatest Vol 2, The White Album, and Paul Kantners Blows Against the EMpire ( in memory) on rotation-- drinking Allagash White ( brewed here in Maine) with the sly Jack Daniels shot here and there......

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 30, 2016 02:55

JD straight up, no ice or water, while listening to torch songs. I am gonna feel like hell tomorrow.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: January 30, 2016 06:54

It is 5 in the morning, much alcohol has been consumed, many regrets are being had

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:05

Well, the variety of beverages available to me are somewhat limited. And will continue to be for another 3 years and a bit. So this evening I had a good strong A&W root beer to kick off the weekend

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-30 08:18 by stones2000.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 08:48

coffee, juice, milk water. Stopped drinking beer and alcohol over a year ago. love the freedom.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: January 30, 2016 23:55

As promised a very nice Chinen blanco.smileys with beer

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 2, 2016 01:47

Not Friday yet, but who cares? One of the many reasons I love the Smithsonian...the pay is good, too!

The Smithsonian is Hiring a Beer Historian. Is it You?
Beer buffs, your dream job is here.

Beer nerds may want to drop everything for this career opportunity. The Smithsonian National Museum of American History is hiring a beer historian/scholar for a three-year appointment. Curator Paula Johnson explains that the gig is a new position funded by the Brewers Association and that the museum is seeking someone who can "focus and dedicate efforts towards research, documentation, and collecting American brewing history."

"We have collected food history for many years, so when we were doing the research for the exhibition, which is all about big changes in the post WW II era in how and what we eat, one thing we were curious about is the craft beer movement," Johnson says. "We were looking at wine, coffee, cheese, artisanal bread, and farmers markets. Well, this movement with small-scale, local regional beer is part of the ethos."

The museum has collections dating back to the late 19th century and early 20th century, but very little from the post-1960s era.

To say the position comes at the right time is an understatement. According to data released by the Brewers Association in March 2016, the number of craft breweries operating in the U.S. grew by 15 percent in 2015 (for a total of 4,269 breweries, the most in American history).

See below for the official job posting.

[www.washingtoncitypaper.com]

smileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 2, 2016 02:09

latebloomer
Not Friday yet, but who cares? One of the many reasons I love the Smithsonian...the pay is good, too!

The Smithsonian is Hiring a Beer Historian. Is it You?
Beer buffs, your dream job is here.

Beer nerds may want to drop everything for this career opportunity. The Smithsonian National Museum of American History is hiring a beer historian/scholar for a three-year appointment. Curator Paula Johnson explains that the gig is a new position funded by the Brewers Association and that the museum is seeking someone who can "focus and dedicate efforts towards research, documentation, and collecting American brewing history."

"We have collected food history for many years, so when we were doing the research for the exhibition, which is all about big changes in the post WW II era in how and what we eat, one thing we were curious about is the craft beer movement," Johnson says. "We were looking at wine, coffee, cheese, artisanal bread, and farmers markets. Well, this movement with small-scale, local regional beer is part of the ethos."

The museum has collections dating back to the late 19th century and early 20th century, but very little from the post-1960s era.

To say the position comes at the right time is an understatement. According to data released by the Brewers Association in March 2016, the number of craft breweries operating in the U.S. grew by 15 percent in 2015 (for a total of 4,269 breweries, the most in American history).

See below for the official job posting.

[www.washingtoncitypaper.com]

smileys with beer

Thanks. Heard this on the radio, I looked on USA Jobs and couldn't find it.

Date: August 2, 2016 02:20

With all the press, I bet they closed out the application link already, shattered. Here's some more info about the three year beer initiative.

[americanhistory.si.edu]

Date: August 2, 2016 02:26

latebloomer
With all the press, I bet they closed out the application link already, shattered. Here's some more info about the three year beer initiative.

[americanhistory.si.edu]

Thank you. It looks like fun but much work.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2016 03:27

....it's only Tuesday .... Friday is days away and anything could happen by then

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 2, 2016 03:56

[americanhistory.si.edu]

Found the job posting!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 2, 2016 04:49

Drink to me, drink to my health, you know I can't drink any more, I know I can't drink any less

Date: August 2, 2016 05:46

ab
[americanhistory.si.edu]

Found the job posting!

With those research skills, you should go for it, ab. It pays well...unless you live in DC...then it won't even make the rent. Hah! smileys with beer

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 2, 2016 10:06

On the wagon five years, my knowledge of beer is way in the rear view mirror.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 2, 2016 12:57

Water; I'm teetotal

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 2, 2016 15:32

coffee, juice, milk water. Stopped drinking beer and alcohol over a year ago. love the freedom.

I'm considering joining you.

Date: August 2, 2016 15:48

Big Al

Milk!! I think you need to get help for your drinking problem, 6853. grinning smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 2, 2016 16:08

Wine.

a nice French rose, followed by an Oregon Pinot Noir, most likely...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 2, 2016 17:11

a nice west coast dark roast

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 2, 2016 17:19

A nice cup of tea winking smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 2, 2016 22:00

treaclefingers

....west coast of Columbia????

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 2, 2016 22:28

Try to go through the list of beers, but then I hit the +8% ones and ....

[www.greenwichunion.com]

Great place with good beers

Date: August 2, 2016 23:36

latebloomer
Big Al

Milk!! I think you need to get help for your drinking problem, 6853. grinning smiley

Whole milk Vitamin D - Doc sed drink it and I love it.

Hey, OT alert, OT alert, before I forget, I talked to a person on the street that had a sign that said "I need a beer". Decided to ask him about Black Star Heineken. He said it is a bock beer brewed only in certain times of the year usually at the end of the year. Maybe the person that gets the job at the Smithsonian can find some full cans since all I could find was empties.smiling smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 3, 2016 05:22

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 3, 2016 05:23

Whatever helps me forget all the bs experienced and heard this week from whomever and whatever. JD on the rocks or straight outta the bottle will most likely help ease the pain.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2016 02:35

BluzDude
treaclefingers

....west coast of Columbia????

indeed...British Columbia in fact! ps, Colombia the country is spelt with an 'o' no 'u'.

Date: August 6, 2016 05:55

lemon ginger, my fav nighttime tea.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 6, 2016 06:44

LB that sounds quite nice.

I have just recently had some good fish and a half glass of a fairly good
white wine Ferme Julien from Trader Joe's.

Now I have brewed some fresh coffee and served my guests who think that I have
never visited my kitchen.

I did enough drinking with various "boys" on the road that I seldom go wild
with actual liquor any more.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home