Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Which full members of the Stones interact on IORR
Posted by: Tubeman ()
Date: January 28, 2016 11:44

Without naming the identity of profiles, which full members of the stones (past or present)do you believe have posted comments on IORR, we know about the pseuedo identities of stones confidants , relatives, employees and advisers, however over the past few years, some of the postings are spot on, whilst infrequent I believe that occasionally one of Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie , Bill or even Mick T will post a comment. (at least one of them) Its rare but I believe it occurs.

I stress do not reveal the IORR identities or specifics of the postings, as this would discourage them from interacting. It is also safe to assume that 99.9% of the perceived interaction that members believe is an insider is not.

BV can we establish a section of IORR where allow the Stones or their advisers / employees to post , which would clearly establish their credibility to comment, however disable the comments from members, which may may possibly encourage more input from them.

Re: Which full members of the Stones interact on IORR
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 28, 2016 12:01

In my opinion none of them post but probably have a look now and then .

Most likely Mick ,Ronnie and Mick T.

Keith and Charlie are probably aware of IORR and relatives might tell them about comments etc.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 28, 2016 12:08

Doxa is Mick Jagger.
Mathijs is Pierre de Beauport.

But ssssshhhhhh...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 28, 2016 12:56

I've often wondered about this subject myself. It seems at least Mick would do it. He might even be someone considered a troll just to be funny. I wouldn't doubt it. I like the idea of having a section where for official comments or announcements, that kind of thing. Would be a great thing for fans.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: January 28, 2016 13:03

Mick posts here as BV

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 13:03

As you can't fax your posts to iorr, we will never see a post bei Keith himself. ;-)

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 28, 2016 13:05

Ooh ooh! Can I be Jane Rose?

Date: January 28, 2016 13:06

John1982
As you can't fax your posts to iorr, we will never see a post bei Keith himself. ;-)

Maybe we will see a post von Keith? winking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 28, 2016 14:22

This is getting a bit "I am Spartacus".

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 28, 2016 15:10

SomeTorontoGirl
Ooh ooh! Can I be Jane Rose?

Dang, beat me to it. Oh well, I guess I'll be Patti.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 15:17

Tubeman
Its rare but I believe it occurs.
On what do you base that belief?

I find it almost impossible that four of the most famous people on the planet, each worth several hundred million dollars, would bother with a rather obscure, 20-year old website which hasn't been visually updated since the late '90s (I've been coming here since the late '90s, so I know).

It doesn't seem plausible in any way to me.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 28, 2016 15:43

I always suspected HMS to be one of them...

But seriously, I think after 50 plus years of headlining any medium, I don't think they
are remotely interested in whatever we are posting around here.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 28, 2016 16:07

On a different fan forum website, it was alleged that Bob Dylan appeared, and said that he would perform the song Highlands in concert the next night. The next night Dylan did indeed perform Highlands.

Posted by: mcgeez8 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 16:32

tomcasagranda
On a different fan forum website, it was alleged that Bob Dylan appeared, and said that he would perform the song Highlands in concert the next night. The next night Dylan did indeed perform Highlands.

From Patrick Humphries' Tom Waits biography, The Many Lives of Tom Waits. Here's a quote:

One of the best examples of just how much an artist could relish this anonymous interplay came in 1999. A network of Bob Dylan fans were scratching their collective electronic heads over the true meaning of 'Blowin' in the Wind'. Then, out of cyberspace, came a message saying that it was simply "a naive political plea by a young man". "And how the x do you know?" "Because I'm Bob." "Yeah, right..." Forced to prove his identity, "Bob" agreed to play his never-ever-performed 17-minute 'Highlands' onstage the next night. And sure enough, fifth song in, at the Coors Amphitheatre, Bob Dylan gave 'Highlands' its live premiere!

Posted by: chop ()
Date: January 28, 2016 17:08

Wouldn't shock me if Bill did. Not sure the others are very technologically savvy really.

Charlie I doubt would care much at all.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2016 17:22

marcovandereijk

Seeing that not one of them has shown any interest in playing anything from the biggest mistake of their career I think you can put your suspicions to rest.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: January 28, 2016 17:28

I remeber reading a comment which stated that Lisa was asked about this forum during an interview. I believe she has read some things as well.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2016 17:41

I don't think any of the real Stones members interact here. Let's face it, Charlie probably couldn't care less, Keith probably doesn't even know how to use a computer, Mick Taylor probably doesn't even own one, Bill Wyman is probably snoring 24/7. The only people it could be would be Mick or Ronnie, and I don't think either have nearly enough time to waste themselves with this. Mick is on the move constantly, and the only way I could see him here is if it was a PR thing for fans. Ronnie, I guess he could but I just figure he'd rather party than sit on the computer.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 28, 2016 18:01

mcgeez8
tomcasagranda

From Patrick Humphries' Tom Waits biography, The Many Lives of Tom Waits. Here's a quote:

One of the best examples of just how much an artist could relish this anonymous interplay came in 1999. A network of Bob Dylan fans were scratching their collective electronic heads over the true meaning of 'Blowin' in the Wind'. Then, out of cyberspace, came a message saying that it was simply "a naive political plea by a young man". "And how the x do you know?" "Because I'm Bob." "Yeah, right..." Forced to prove his identity, "Bob" agreed to play his never-ever-performed 17-minute 'Highlands' onstage the next night. And sure enough, fifth song in, at the Coors Amphitheatre, Bob Dylan gave 'Highlands' its live premiere!

Great story.
Imagine Mick joining here on IORR the day before the Chile feb. 3 show and proved his identity by announcing the fith song in the set will be Plundered My Soul instead of Tumbling Dice and indeed they play it feb. 3.
Or Let It Loose or @#$%& Blues or Highwire or Out Of Time etc. etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-28 18:02 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 28, 2016 18:26

chop
Wouldn't shock me if Bill did. Not sure the others are very technologically savvy really.

Charlie I doubt would care much at all.
I am positive that Mick Jagger is more savvy than many think he is !!! Iam not saying that Mick post's here but i am sure he has staff take the pulse of the fan sites from time to time .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-28 18:28 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: January 28, 2016 18:34

mcgeez8
tomcasagranda

Great story, thanks for sharing. Remember when Leonard Cohen got in the chatroom back in 2001? [www.leonardcohenfiles.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-28 18:36 by Milan.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 28, 2016 18:41

marcovandereijk

But seriously, I think after 50 plus years of headlining any medium, I don't think they
are remotely interested in whatever we are posting around here.

Not true, if what a person on their payroll told me last summer is correct - namely that it was part of their job to read fan boards (IORR was specifically mentioned) and report back on what was being said.

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 20:36

DandelionPowderman
John1982

Maybe we will see a post von Keith? winking smiley

>grinning smiley< I have to blame it on autocorrection or no coffee in the morning.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 28, 2016 20:40

If they have people who handle web-posts, tweets and facebook posts, then these people will also monitor what's happening in social and other media. Any consumer business does that today - and the Stones have always been at the forefront of using new communication media.

Just like any business, one or two of the band (or partners, or kids) will also keep in touch - watching what is said. Even doing their own posts, whether under their names or a username.

I think that they are seriously interested in what fans, serious and occasional, as well as the mainstream media has to say. Nothing worse than being a performer and not listening to the audience.

Hey Mick - did I get that right mate?

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: January 28, 2016 20:49

Does anyone know or can confirm that Pete Townsend comments here now and then?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: January 28, 2016 20:57

I'm Bill Perks.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: January 28, 2016 21:12

Tubeman

Without naming the identity of profiles, which full members of the stones (past or present)do you believe have posted comments on IORR, we know about the pseuedo identities of stones confidants , relatives, employees and advisers, however over the past few years, some of the postings are spot on, whilst infrequent I believe that occasionally one of Mick, Keith, Ronnie, Charlie , Bill or even Mick T will post a comment. (at least one of them) Its rare but I believe it occurs...

What do we know?

Olly.

Posted by: TDive25 ()
Date: January 28, 2016 21:21

tomcasagranda
This is getting a bit "I am Spartacus".

i'm brian

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-28 21:26 by TDive25.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 28, 2016 21:50

geordiestone
Does anyone know or can confirm that Pete Townsend comments here now and then?

Haven't heard from him on here for a while.............but then again not much going on with The Who until the gig at The O2 next month.

I'm about 90% sure it is the real Pete.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 28, 2016 21:56

Mick used to post on his old board under a pseudonym. A few people knew it was him. He had a very distinctive style, which I have not seen here.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home