Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Aerosmith Rocks Donington 2014 DVD
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: January 26, 2016 04:37

This is one Band I would love to see live,
They rock man

did anyone see this show?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Re: OT Aerosmith Rocks Donington 2014 DVD
Date: January 26, 2016 05:03

i own the dvd. fantastic performance. tyler can still carry a show almost by himself

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: January 26, 2016 05:05

Saw them on the Pump Tour in Omaha, Nebraska during a cross-country drive. A+ show.
T@3

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: January 26, 2016 08:29

Amazing performance. Well worth owning.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 26, 2016 10:52

I got it the last week, but haven't watched it yet. I am really looking forward to it. I saw them in 2010 and they were excellent. They played Berlin in 2014 just the night before The Stones. I didn't go in odrder not to be tired the next day, which was a good decision - the next day I saw the best concert I have ever seen :-) At least I spotted Joe Perry on the stage before the Stones came :-)

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 26, 2016 11:06

I saw Aerosmith in Stockholm in 2014. My expectations were high after seeing them in 1999, which was a fantastic show, but I was somewhat disappointed by the rather commercial spectacle of the show. I paid premium to get close to the stage, but the closeness aspect (and music!) was dimished by the screens, cellphones, band moving out on the catwalk, etc. I'd much rather see them in a smaller more intimate place. Also, the setlist wasn't great either, IMHO. It seems like they -- much like the Stones -- rely on pretty static setlists to accomodate the light show, staging, monitors, etc. It's all quite scripted.

That said, I still love Aerosmith and they play great with tons of energy (which, again, I wish was channeled through the music more than the visuals). It's also pretty wicked to see the same five guys together, knowing they've played since about '71 (four of them since '70).

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 26, 2016 11:47

This video is awesome indeed !

I saw Aerosmith on stage several times between 1993 ansd 2007
In 2007 they became too much "showbiz" IMHO, with lots of posing (and choreographed mimics on the right place in front of the cameras etc) but they still can rock !

This Bluray made me wish to see them again

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: January 26, 2016 14:21

How many additional musicians do they have up on stage to supplement the sound? Kind of amazing how the four piece The Who are now 10 people to get the right sound and same for The Eagles. Paying premium prices, fans expect full and excellent versions of the tunes they love.

Date: January 26, 2016 15:51

triceratops
How many additional musicians do they have up on stage to supplement the sound? Kind of amazing how the four piece The Who are now 10 people to get the right sound and same for The Eagles. Paying premium prices, fans expect full and excellent versions of the tunes they love.

they have a keyboard player who also helps on backing vocals. Only extra person on stage

Date: January 26, 2016 15:55

keefriffhard4life
triceratops

they have a keyboard player who also helps on backing vocals. Only extra person on stage

He's been there since the 70s, right?

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:09

Saw them a night before the Stones in Berlin 2014. Goofy, fun and fantastic live.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 26, 2016 16:15

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
triceratops

One guy was there for from the 90's and on but I think he was just recently replaced. If I'm not mistaken, they've had a keyboard player with them since the late 80's. Not sure if they ever had one back in the 70's.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 26, 2016 16:22

mr_dja
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
triceratops

One guy was there for from the 90's and on but I think he was just recently replaced. If I'm not mistaken, they've had a keyboard player with them since the late 80's. Not sure if they ever had one back in the 70's.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yeah, thanks, I see there have been quite a few:

Touring members:
David Woodford
Active: 1973
Instruments: saxophone

Scott Cushnie
Active: 1975
Instruments: keyboards

Mark Radice
Active: 1978
Instruments: keyboards, backing vocals

Richard Supa
Active: 1980

Bobby Mayo
Active: 1982–1983

C. Bruce Ost
Active: 1987–1988
Instruments: horns

Thom Gimbel
Active: 1989–1995
Instruments: keyboards, saxophone, percussion, backing vocals

Russ Irwin
Active: 1997–2014

Mindi Abair
Active: 2012–2013
Instruments: saxophone, backing vocals

Melanie Taylor
Instruments: backing vocals

Jesse Sky Kramer
Instruments: percussion

Buck Johnson
Active: 2014–Present

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 26, 2016 19:18

I wasn't at this show, but I've seen them 3 times since like 2011 I think. Honestly, I held off on seeing them for so long because I thought they wouldn't be that great. It would be embarrassing.

I was blown away the first time. Steven Tyler is IMO just like Mick, where he shows up and he's ready to be the guy you expect. He holds the band together. Brad Whitford still sounds amazing, Joe Perry plays it well, and the rest of the band still really rocks. I went in with the lowest expectations, and they were excellent. And they change up the set a bit each night.

Saw them 2 more times on their co-headlining tour with Slash and his solo band and they were just as good, if not better than when I saw them years ago. Make fun of Aerosmith all you want, but they've still got it. Its a bit pricey, but they put on a great show and its still all the original guys. How many HUGE bands can you say that about?! Can't praise their live act enough. IMO, just like the Stones, just like McCartney, just like AC/DC, just like most classic acts, they are still good enough that if you're a fan you should try and catch them once in your lifetime.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: January 26, 2016 19:55

I saw two shows preceding the one in Donington. Berlin and Lodz. Both very good. Tyler and Perry were at the Stones show in Berlin, maybe others too. I only saw them at the show. After the show I went to have a late night kebab and saw Brad Withford buying some snacks at the grocery store close to their hote. So maybe he was having an after show snack too...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 26, 2016 20:05

First saw them in Central Park, 1975. Fantastic show. Seen them a bunch of times since then, most recently 10 years ago at the Beacon (3rd row). Was supposed to be "unplugged", ended up as anything but:

Date: January 26, 2016 20:07

RollingFreak
I wasn't at this show, but I've seen them 3 times since like 2011 I think. Honestly, I held off on seeing them for so long because I thought they wouldn't be that great. It would be embarrassing.

I was blown away the first time. Steven Tyler is IMO just like Mick, where he shows up and he's ready to be the guy you expect. He holds the band together. Brad Whitford still sounds amazing, Joe Perry plays it well, and the rest of the band still really rocks. I went in with the lowest expectations, and they were excellent. And they change up the set a bit each night.

Saw them 2 more times on their co-headlining tour with Slash and his solo band and they were just as good, if not better than when I saw them years ago. Make fun of Aerosmith all you want, but they've still got it. Its a bit pricey, but they put on a great show and its still all the original guys. How many HUGE bands can you say that about?! Can't praise their live act enough. IMO, just like the Stones, just like McCartney, just like AC/DC, just like most classic acts, they are still good enough that if you're a fan you should try and catch them once in your lifetime.

only thing i'll say about this is vocally mick jagger hasn't been able to carry a show by himself for almost 20 years now, since his late 50's. steven tyler could still do it by himself if need be.

these are all recent clips and tyler is singing by himself. some of it a bit off the cuff to
[www.youtube.com]

2014. check this out

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: January 26, 2016 23:00

I saw them on 2014 Tour in Atl w/Slash, Myles Kennedy. Amazing show...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: January 26, 2016 23:09

keefriffhard4life
triceratops

Much appreciated! I was looking at the 2015 Van Halen tour. They have no extra musicians I know of and they played about 46 dates in the US with one day off between each date. Dave Lee Roth's voice was able to handle this.
Impressive!
2015 Tour scedule
[www.vhnd.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-26 23:10 by triceratops.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: January 26, 2016 23:37

David Woodford kicked the door down on Mother Popcorn (Live Bootleg!).

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 27, 2016 01:20

Saw them at Donnington in the 94 and the were o.k. Saw them again on the Nine Lives tour at Wembley Arena and they were great!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2016 02:45

I saw them in '88 with Guns N Roses opening and they were lackluster at best.

I still kind of like several tunes off their first few albums though - Combination and Rats in the Cellar are great.

Posted by: ultimaterocker ()
Date: January 27, 2016 06:10

[www.youtube.com]

covering Janis Joplin's "Piece of my Heart" w/ Loving Mary (country solo band)

Pretty amazing...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 27, 2016 07:56

Hairball

I still kind of like several tunes off their first few albums though - Combination and Rats in the Cellar are great.

Thats not really a great indication of them. They were still pretty rusty, and that was when bands were blowing THEM off the stage. Their openers were too good and it made Aerosmith seem old, is at least what I had heard. They have been much better in recent years, and the 90s also seemed like a pretty fruitful time for them. Their A Little South Of Sanity live album from either 93 or 97 is rather underrated and shows them playing pretty well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2016 08:44

RollingFreak
Hairball

Thats not really a great indication of them. They were still pretty rusty, and that was when bands were blowing THEM off the stage. Their openers were too good and it made Aerosmith seem old, is at least what I had heard. They have been much better in recent years, and the 90s also seemed like a pretty fruitful time for them. Their A Little South Of Sanity live album from either 93 or 97 is rather underrated and shows them playing pretty well.

My friend who I went with was a huge Aerosmith fan, and he thought they were better than GNR, so go figure. The 'live bootleg' album from the '70's was really bad, but he even liked that.
Once they started bringing in outside songwriters to provide them with 'hits' over the past 30 years, they lost some credibility imo - alot of it sounds the same to my ears.
Long story short, I wouldn't pay to see them.

Date: January 27, 2016 10:05

triceratops
keefriffhard4life
triceratops

Much appreciated! I was looking at the 2015 Van Halen tour. They have no extra musicians I know of and they played about 46 dates in the US with one day off between each date. Dave Lee Roth's voice was able to handle this.
Impressive!

2015 Tour scedule
[www.vhnd.com]

Was it?? Wasn't there a lot of complaining about his singing on that tour?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home