Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Love You Live
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: July 6, 2018 17:38

TheflyingDutchman
I always liked Ron Wood's guitar solo on YCAGWYW, I think it's the best he ever played. Apart from that there's nothing new under the sun, imo.

I had read that YCAGWYW from Love You Love was taped from a show in Paris, just before the show Keith was informed of a miscarriage and he played the evocative solo in YCAGWYW....I not saying this is correct, just checking in if this is a Stones ‘Urban Legend’ or a fact.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Date: July 6, 2018 17:48

rattler2004
TheflyingDutchman
I always liked Ron Wood's guitar solo on YCAGWYW, I think it's the best he ever played. Apart from that there's nothing new under the sun, imo.

I had read that YCAGWYW from Love You Love was taped from a show in Paris, just before the show Keith was informed of a miscarriage and he played the evocative solo in YCAGWYW....I not saying this is correct, just checking in if this is a Stones ‘Urban Legend’ or a fact.

I don't think Keith played that solo, if that's what you mean?

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 6, 2018 18:00

Ronnie does a badass tremolo job on YCAGWYW;
I bet you Ronnie burned down his guitar pick of that solo.The smell of the plastic burning against the strings is a fine moment when one rockandrolls a solo that way.
Fantastic job Woody.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:33

bitusa2012
24FPS
This was the first time I thought of Vegas Stones.

I HATE to think of the Vegas shows you attend! LYL is rough and sloppy, hardly slick and 'produced'...

There was just something about it. Ya Yas was/is one of the top five greatest live albums ever made by any rock group. An LYL was only released seven years after Ya Yas. (Of course that was a long time in Stones years back then). I've come to appreciate Ronnie's playing since then, though it never soared like Taylor's, so it didn't sound like the real Stones to me. Believe me I listen to most Stones recordings continually, but there are specific albums I never have the urge to listen to, like Undercover (excepting the single), Dirty Work (excepting One Hit and Harlem Shuffle), and like LYL, excepting the El Mocambo side.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 6, 2018 20:50

TheflyingDutchman
powerage78
Nothing is better than GYYYOUT !

The only significant difference between Ya ya's and LyL is the lead guitarist, and
Billy Preston of course.

I somewhat disagree with that. To me it was a very different sound. The guitars were much more distorted and raunchy, and Mick's vocal style had changed quite a bit. It seemed a bit looser and sloppier than Ya Ya's but it was hot live Stones and I loved it then and now!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: July 6, 2018 20:59

24FPS
bitusa2012
24FPS
This was the first time I thought of Vegas Stones.

I HATE to think of the Vegas shows you attend! LYL is rough and sloppy, hardly slick and 'produced'...

There was just something about it. Ya Yas was/is one of the top five greatest live albums ever made by any rock group. An LYL was only released seven years after Ya Yas. (Of course that was a long time in Stones years back then). I've come to appreciate Ronnie's playing since then, though it never soared like Taylor's, so it didn't sound like the real Stones to me. Believe me I listen to most Stones recordings continually, but there are specific albums I never have the urge to listen to, like Undercover (excepting the single), Dirty Work (excepting One Hit and Harlem Shuffle), and like LYL, excepting the El Mocambo side.

HTW is way better on LYL, imo.

Hot Stuff is superior to the studio version. Fantastic playing by everyone. IORR is the ultimate version. I also prefer YGM on LYL to the Ya Yas-version.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 7, 2018 10:27

rollmops
I bet you Ronnie burned down his guitar pick of that solo.The smell of the plastic burning against the strings is a fine moment when one rockandrolls a solo that way.
Fantastic job Woody.
Rockandroll,
Mops
Yes totally agree
It's not that easy to play a solo on 2 chords. This one was played in Paris on the 7th of June 1976.

He played some other good ones, L.A 11th july 1975, Paris 6th June 1976........

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 7, 2018 19:59

Ronnie good solos.
Souvenirs lointains.
1975, 1976, 1978... After...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-07 20:05 by powerage78.

Date: July 7, 2018 20:19

powerage78
Ronnie good solos.
Souvenirs lointains.
1975, 1976, 1978... After...

All his solos on Ride 'Em On Down have been great on this tour, imo.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: July 7, 2018 21:42

jpasc95
rollmops
Fantastic job Woody.
Rockandroll,
Mops
Yes totally agree
It's not that easy to play a solo on 2 chords. This one was played in Paris on the 7th of June 1976.

He played some other good ones, L.A 11th july 1975, Paris 6th June 1976........

Yes, quite possibly my favorite Ronnie solo ever. He totally redeems what otherwise might have been a rather sloppy version of YCAGWYW.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 8, 2018 10:10

24FPS
I was so disappointed by the album. Except for the El Mocambo side it's barely listenable. This was the first time I thought of Vegas Stones. Then Some Girls came out and I never listened to Love You Live for many years. I tried to listen to it just a few years back but it hasn't aged well either.

I would rather tentatively suggest that those three sides represent a glam rock face of the Rolling Stones.

Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Love You Live
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: July 8, 2018 10:58

I hate the keyboards on tumbling dice and ycagwyw.
Except of that, for me its the best live album ever. I like even the war horses. Great jjf!

Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: Love You Live
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 8, 2018 13:41

I bracket Love You Live with Wipe The Windows by The Allmans - both are hidden gems of albums, and both are live albums that follow illustrious peers at the time, i.e Ya Yas and At The Fillmore.

I adore both LYL, and Wipe, feeling that they should never have had the bad press that they received.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1828
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home