Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28
Re: R.I.P David Bowie
Date: January 11, 2016 12:22

Such a great artist and such a horrible disease. So sad.

RIP David Bowie.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:29

I have no words....RIP David

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:30

Part of our lives is gone. RIP

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:35

Ciao David,
the is a flashing star on Mars now
Sici

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:36

treaclefingers
I remember the complete look of disbelief on Johnny Carson's face after Bowie, wearing a dress, sang Ashes to Ashes. Just classic Bowie.

would love to see that!

Date: January 11, 2016 12:36

A tribute from Tony Visconti......

"He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art,".

"He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry."

Comments Visconti previously made to the LA Times about the record now take on a new meaning, suggesting production was a race against time due to Bowie's declining health.

"Because of the secrecy around 'The Next Day,' it sounded like I was out of work for two years. I couldn't mention it," Visconti said. BLACKSTAR took a fraction of the time to record, but both albums reflect a new way of composing for Bowie.

An icon and indisputable music legend, Bowie died aged 69 following a "courageous" battle with cancer, surrounded by family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-11 13:20 by Manofwealthandtaste.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:48

What a shock. I´m a fan and collector for more than 30 years, he was the greatest male single artist in pop/rock of our time, an icon.

So many great musicians passed away in the last two years, but this time I have tears in my eyes. It´s so terribly sad. In some strange way I feel like I´ve lost a family member. For sure I lost an important part of my youth today. It´s simply unbelieveable...

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:54

I was just in Berlin the first week in January and visited the Anton Corbijn Expo with some friends right near the: "Bahnhof Zoo", that location always reminds of the movie :"We Children from Bahnhof Zoo", in which David acted and composed the music.

A sad week

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:00

So sad.

I was/am a huge fan of Bowie.

I was in Bromley shopping centre yesterday and saw his name amongst the list of famous past Bromley residents and it reminded me to buy his new album.

RIP

Posted by: alieb ()

RIP to a legend who made beautiful music. My instagram feed is entirely full of Ziggy Stardust and it's beautiful...

Now listening to Blackstar and it's touching my soul...

Also going to feel strange reading the Bowie issue of MOJO I bought last month but haven't had a chance to look at yet now

Posted by: Irix ()

Another of our Heroes who turns into Stardust .... sad smiley

R.I.P David Robert Jones

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:13

Manofwealthandtaste
A tribute from Tony Visconti......

"He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art,".

"He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry."

Comments Visconti previously made to the LA Times about the record now take on a new meaning, suggesting production was a race against time due to Bowie's declining health.

"Because of the secrecy around 'The Next Day,' it sounded like I was out of work for two years. I couldn't mention it," Visconti said. DARKSTAR took a fraction of the time to record, but both albums reflect a new way of composing for Bowie.

An icon and indisputable music legend, Bowie died aged 69 following a "courageous" battle with cancer, surrounded by family.

*Blackstar. Not "darkstar".

Date: January 11, 2016 13:20

Thanks, Bastion.....corrected.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:23

A great man with a great creative life.

I am a middle baby boomer and we are about to see a lot of pre-baby boomers and early baby boomers go over the next 10 years. It's a reminder that we all can't last forever.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:43

WTH???

Date: January 11, 2016 13:48

I, I wish you could swim
Like the dolphins
Like dolphins can swim

Though nothing, nothing will keep us together
We can beat them, forever and ever
Oh, we can be heroes just for one day

I, I will be King
And you, you will be Queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be heroes just for one day
We can be us just for one day

I, I can remember
(I remember)
Standing by the wall
(By the wall)
And the guns, shot above our heads fall out of the sky
hanging tree oohlalalala
(Over our heads)
And we kissed, as though nothing could fall
(Nothing could fall)

And the shame, was on the other side
Oh, we can beat them, forever and ever
Then we could be heroes just for one day

We can be heroes
We can be heroes
We can be heroes just for one day
We can be heroes
copyright <a href="[elyrics.net"]; rel="nofollow">[elyrics.net<];

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:52

Best band (circa 2003) I éver saw on stage.
Hands down...

Date: January 11, 2016 13:53

Actor Simon Pegg wrote on Instagram: "If you're sad today, just remember the world is over 4 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie."

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:55

He was an exceptional artist.
Goodbye, Mr. David Bowie

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 11, 2016 13:58

going to listen to STATION TO STATION today. So sad. A few weeks back after watching the video for BLACKSTAR and seeing his pictures in the newspaper on December 12th for his play, I had a gut feeling he was not well. Regardless, in shock and he along with Jagger were/are the idols of my youth.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:09

Such terrible news to wake up to. Bowie was larger than life, a true avant-garde pioneer, and one of the most important figures in the cultural history of the 20th century. And from all accounts, a genuinely nice person too.

RIP David. You will be deeply missed.

Drew

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:11

The loss of a great talent. Deep condolences to his friends and family. Saw him in the late 80s during the Glass Spider Tour in Florence a sad day for musicsad smiley

Posted by: Sespin ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:12

Shocked...no words...just returned from honeymoon.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:12

just an horrible day. Friday I bought Backstar, listened to Bowie all the WE (Hours and Heroes yesterday, Hunky Dory saturday).
If you have read the recent (december) interviews of the musicians playing on Backstar in Rolling Stone (t is great to read to understand how the music was made), it seemed DB was in a perfect mood and ready to do much work again.
I am really shocked.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:19

Shocked, saddened, stunned.

I'm in the middle of a move and am decluttering. Just 2 weeks ago I gave away my vinyl to an 18-year-old friend. She flipped through it and went nuts when she found the Bowie albums. He was such a unique, incandescent talent, he will grab new fans for generations to come. I only saw him once - in 1983 with lousy seats - but will never forget it. Such a loss.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:24

Safe journey,Mr.David Bowie.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:26

swiss
sad smiley

My heart goes out to his fans, friend, and fam.

I dug Bowie. He was Square 1 in shaping my own musical identity separate from my older brothers. who turned me onto classic rock.

Did he and Mick stay friends?

this is a FANTASTIC photo I did not know.
Thank you !

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:27

I am glad I got to see him live. Chapel Hill, NC 1987 I believe.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: January 11, 2016 14:35

RIP David Bowie

From the Stones facebook:

The Rolling Stones are shocked and deeply saddened to hear of the death of our dear friend David Bowie. As well as being a wonderful and kind man, he was an extraordinary artist, and a true original.

David Bowie , RIP
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 11, 2016 12:51

I heard this morning on a France radio that he died yesterday
I am sad

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home