Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: LIVE ALBUM TALK: LA Friday
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 15, 2016 23:30

And you know what's sad/ I'm old, visually when I can see how f'd up and drink/ drugs it kinda bothers me. Audio only that's not what I'm thinking about.
ETA: so I'm going back to listen only on this, except WAIT here comes Happy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-15 23:32 by 35love.

Date: May 15, 2016 23:36

Oh, and no-one's talking about Ron Wood WTF is he unreal here or what?

Date: May 16, 2016 00:53

I am giving a 'he's hot' shout out to Charlie Watt yes finally camera time on Mr. Watt b4 Satisfaction lean tan in control amazing looking really good Charlie Watt. What a band.
Thanks Vault.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-16 02:07 by 35love.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 16, 2016 01:22

35love

Yes, and I may get crucified by some for saying this...but in this gig Ron Wood is sooooo good that I do not miss Mick Taylor much at all. Woody was brilliant in 1975...and so was Keith! LA Friday reminds me of Brussels minus the artsy solos, and I don't really miss them!

Date: May 16, 2016 02:10

HonkeyTonkFlash
35love

Yes, and I may get crucified by some for saying this...but in this gig Ron Wood is sooooo good that I do not miss Mick Taylor much at all. Woody was brilliant in 1975...and so was Keith! LA Friday reminds me of Brussels minus the artsy solos, and I don't really miss them!

*we can love both, just like the glimmers. And at certain points in the long, long history, different aspects.
You were right, this show was total fun.

Date: May 16, 2016 02:20

35love
HonkeyTonkFlash
35love

*we can love both, just like the glimmers. And at certain points in the long, long history, different aspects.
You were right, this show was total fun.

Really, if you strip away the lead guitar- which was never the essence of the Stones anyway - the Stones in 1975 do not sound in any way diminished from 1973, imo. And the lead guitar from Wood is still great, just a different style from Taylor.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: May 16, 2016 16:28

HonkeyTonkFlash
35love

I agree and I'd go further and commit the ultimate heresy of saying I prefer LA Friday to Brussels Affair.

Date: May 16, 2016 17:23

oh crikey now I need to get Brussell Affair ASAP feeling. For when schools out. That could be my graduation present.
And this LA 1975 felt very incomplete download only. Empty hands while viewing. Made hearing the setlist exciting tho.
My only other Vault ownership is Leeds 1982, and I tell you what,
those 2 CD's gave me more fun/ pure gold.

Date: May 16, 2016 19:14

Had to spin SFTD from LA Friday just to get a fix this morning! I was raised viewing the Ya Ya's version of Sympathy as the holy grail of live Stones, but man -does this version cook!!

Date: May 18, 2016 07:07

Okay, I was late to this party/ IORR thread Vault release date 11/2014
of LA Forum-Live in 1975 (good comments)
[www.iorr.org]

and some clarification on what night which release?
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

My info says my purchase is the 12th July 1975. Is that Friday? I dunno/ doesn't matter right now. Just wanted to post these links maybe helpful, they have been to me. Cheers.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 18, 2016 09:14

Dis ole thread is worth a look ....

[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

The Forum, Los Angeles, CA 1975 July 11 or 12 confused smiley
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 31, 2022 07:02

Hi everybody,

Checking some L.A Forum 1975 shows, I have noticed the following difference with the intro of If You Can't Rock Me/Get Off Of My Cloud between July 11 & 12:

According to mjake's comment [www.dimeadozen.org] and [www.nzentgraf.de] the official DVD was filmed live in Inglewood (near Los Angeles), July 12. "Ed F had clearly identified his respective recording as "July 12" and there is no reason to believe that he was wrong. This also means that the source notes for the Eagle Rock release, which also indicate July 12, are actually correct." -mjake

OK, so keeping this in mind, Mick says:
"if you can't rock me somebody will" AFTER the song starts ---> on July 11
"if you can't rock me somebody will... somebody will..." BEFORE the song starts ---> on July 12

Now, according to my bootlegs list, the albums in red do not match the date.
I included a sample of 1 minute.

Here we go:

Mick says "if you can't rock me somebody will" AFTER the song starts:

Torrent #720905 Rolling Stones * 1975-07-11 * The Forum * Inglewood, CA * New, Complete Source Of Night Three * Ed F Master via JEMS ---> OK
[www.dimeadozen.org]
SAMPLE: [we.tl]

Torrent #720904 Rolling Stones * 1975-07-11 * The Forum * Inglewood, CA * The Lost and Found Mike the MICrphone Tapes Volume 117 * Mike Millard Master Tapes via JEMS * Partial Millard Master With Ed F Master Patches ---> OK
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Torrent #126347 The Rolling Stones - Los Angeles, July 12, 1975 (2 sources) ---> WRONG DATE? It should be from July 11 ¿?
source 1 (entire show, completed with a higher generation-tape of source 2):
lineage: tape (unknown generation) / CDr / EAC / de-hissed / flac
quality: very good audience (for the Millard source) & fair to good (for the remainder)
source 2 (incomplete):
-Mike Millard master -
taken from "Whores, Cocaine And A Bottle Of Jack" Empress Valley SD-
Upped by silkcut1978
THE STONES VAULT: 1975.07.12 LA Fog, LA Forum 2 sources tape and EVSD [www.filefactory.com]

Mick says "if you can't rock me somebody will... somebody will..." BEFORE the song starts.

Live At L.A. Forum 1975 ---> OK
Dr. Gig [DGCD-001-2] , 2 CD
1975-07-12: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA, Live Concert
Very Good to Excellent Stereo Soundboard recording. Taken from video.
[dbboots.com]
THE STONES VAULT says July 11: DGCD 001-2 1975.07.11 Live At L.A. Forum 1975 (Dr Gig) [www.filefactory.com]

DVD + 2 CDs 'L.A. Forum (Live In 1975)' (Eagle Vision EAGDV038) ---> OK
DVD filmed live in Inglewood (near Los Angeles), July 12
[www.nzentgraf.de]

WHORES, COCAINE AND A BOTTLE OF JACK ---> OK
Empress Valley Supreme Disc [EVSD 43-50] , 8 CD
CD3 & CD4 • 1975-07-12: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA, Live Concert
[dbboots.com]
THE STONES VAULT: [iorr.org]

APCD 017 1975.07.11 Live At LA Forum UPGRADE2020 ---> WRONG DATE? It should be from July 12
Live At LA Forum - July 11th, 1975 - Mission from God (MfG) (UPGRADE 2020 - AcidProject 017)
THE STONES VAULT: APCD 017 1975.07.11 Live At LA Forum UPGRADE2020 [www.filefactory.com]

1975-07-11 Inglewood Mike Millard (originally labelled as July 12) ---> WRONG DATE? So, the original label was correct.
Source: AKG microphones > Nak 550 > Cass Master > 1st Gen (Maxell XLII C90)
Transfer: Nakamichi playback > Standalone CDR > CDR(4) > EAC > Flac
taper: Mike Millard
transfer: unknown
EAC'd jbraveman@hotmail.com September 2005
Was originally labelled as 7/12.
Original seeder Joshua Braveman wrote: "However, other evidence suggests that this is 7/11. It is possible that some of the songs are from yet another date since fingerprint file repeats and the sound is slightly different (more distant) on disc 3."

Any clues about the bootleggs in red?

Thank you kindly.

Re: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA 1975 July 11 or 12 confused smiley
Date: August 31, 2022 08:39

More info here: [iorr.org]

Re: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA 1975 July 11 or 12 confused smiley
Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: September 1, 2022 16:02

There were still some good performances from the 12th July show. HTW, ADTL, IYCRM, TD, MR,BS, RTJ, SFM and I love the jam before JJF.

Posted by: Dbs1972 ()
Date: September 3, 2022 14:50

So much to say about this release. I saw the Stones twice in 1975; in Baton Rouge and again in Greensboro. (We were on the front row in BR, quite a thrill) I bought the “Who Went To Church This Sunday” boot LP a year later and subsequently “Charlie Watts & His Fabulous Rolling Stones” and “LA Friday Night” (1975 Nervous Breakdown) LPs which (between the three) covered a complete set. Most of the tracks were from July 13th (Sunday Show) while “Star Star,” “Heartbreaker,” “Fingerprint File,” “Angie,” “Brown Sugar,” “YCAGWYW” were taken from the July 10th (Thursday) show. I have always been a huge fan of the Mike Millard recordings, the sound and the energy there is incredible. And whoever had the wisdom to substitute those tracks from the 10th on the original bootlegs was a genius because they are all FAR superior performances than those same tracks from the 13th. (I wish the Stones had done the same on the official release:-) Anyhow, when the band released the official CD I expected it to be a clean soundboard (like Love You Live) but was shocked how much it sounded EXACTLY like the Millard recordings with echo and heavy audience vibe, leading me to wonder if they just cleaned up the Millard tapes?? Anyway, love the sound of the official CD… so glad they put it out. Ron Wood’s solo on “Wild Horses” from the 13th is his most memorable to me, and “Sympathy” from the 13th is by far the group's best ever IMHO, at least from the Ron Wood era.

The question I have is this: Is there a complete Millard recording of the 10th available? I have bootlegs recordings of it but none seem to match the quality of those tracks from the original “trilogy” of LPs.

The official video is definitely from July 12th (Saturday), not the 11th (Friday). Jann Wenner’s famous 1975 Rolling Stone article entitled “LA Friday Night” shows photos (captioned as from Friday night) of the band in completely different outfits than those on the official video. Here’s a photo montage of the 5 Forum shows that I believe to be accurate:

[www.youtube.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home