Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: June 17, 2016 22:59

Pulled a single ticket Section 6 row N.So the wrong side of half-court,for $810.

I guess I will only be seeing the Stones once in this life,Steel Wheels 1989

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:21

Is a second show still possible ?

Date: June 17, 2016 23:21

MisterDDDD
MisterDDDD
and the fact that there are typically still affordable tix offered..
Quote MidnightDevilRambler I don't see how these prices could be defended as "typically still affordable...".

There were/are tickets to get into the building starting at $75, in addition to strongly rumored Lucky Dip tickets similar to the last North American Arena tour.

I went to five Zip Code shows and never paid north of $200 enjoyed every one from the "floor".

So yeah.
Still affordable if you don't need guaranteed premium seating.[/quote]

...enjoy the show and the mystery grab tickets. Not our plan especially with airfare/hotels/travel involved that's non-refundable.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 23:23 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 17, 2016 23:43

MidnightDevilRambler
MisterDDDD
MisterDDDD
and the fact that there are typically still affordable tix offered..
Quote MidnightDevilRambler I don't see how these prices could be defended as "typically still affordable...".

There were/are tickets to get into the building starting at $75, in addition to strongly rumored Lucky Dip tickets similar to the last North American Arena tour.

I went to five Zip Code shows and never paid north of $200 enjoyed every one from the "floor".

So yeah.
Still affordable if you don't need guaranteed premium seating.

...enjoy the show and the mystery grab tickets. Not our plan especially with airfare/hotels/travel involved that's non-refundable.[/quote]

Got zip on lucky dips. Scored two lower bowl tix @350 though(!!)
Little high, but considering the bang for the buck still arguably (which I am I guess) affordable.
Totally get "affordable" meaning different things and at different times, but the concerts are still affordable for most who don't insist on premium spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 23:45 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:03

For anyone going to Vegas from the L.A. area, I will be driving to Vegas most likely on the 18th and back on the 21st (meeting friends from No CA and AZ). If anyone needs a ride either way, I might be able to help out.

I understand not wanting to purchase non-refundable airline tickets.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:11

is AXS the only ticket seller for the tour? could this be the tour i can't get a ticket because of some major-league BS tour promoter and the crappy way they treat people?

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:19

I got decent seats on the side of stage with lucky dip in Perth. Not ultra close but a good view, and closer and better than the $600 seats I got in Sydney!

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 18, 2016 00:59

it's now sold out except for $750's in 4 sections,2 on each side near the curve at the back of the lower level.

looks like that second show is all but a sure thing.

almost the entire main floor was unavailable to the public except for in the vip packages.better deals to be had in other towns,i'll catch them later on in the tour.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 18, 2016 01:37

lem motlow
it's now sold out except for $750's in 4 sections,2 on each side near the curve at the back of the lower level.

looks like that second show is all but a sure thing.

almost the entire main floor was unavailable to the public except for in the vip packages.better deals to be had in other towns,i'll catch them later on in the tour.

It's not even close to sold out and tickets will be appearing and disappearing from now to October, in all sections at all prices with maybe the lone exception being $75 and Lucky Dip tickets

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: June 18, 2016 05:17

T-Mobile Arena
Oct 19- Rolling Stones
Oct 21- Keith Urbana
Oct 22- Rolling Stones (?)

Not sure if this has been discussed already. Is there a precedence to this? Since they seem to need at least 2 off days between gigs, even if it's in the same venue, that means they'll have to play one show, tear down the stage, let Keith Urban do his show, and then set back up again and play in the same arena 3 days later. It's definitely doable, just seems kinda weird. Maybe Chicago 2013?

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: June 18, 2016 05:30

Aaaa, Come on Oakland!!!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: June 18, 2016 06:23

swaff
Aaaa, Come on Oakland!!!

YES PLEASE!

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 18, 2016 06:41

My sentiments exactly. I had better luck with Ticketmaster. I'll keep trying.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: June 18, 2016 06:50

Keep checking back for tix if they announce more shows and the ultra high price ones are not selling they will lower the price as the show date approaches. 2013 Boston I got lucky dips for both shows but also purchased $160.00 tix for mediocre balcony seats.

Three weeks before the shows they lowered some of the $400.00 lodge seats down to 160.00. I took my $160.00 balcony tix back to ticketmaster and they exchanged them for lodge seats no problem and no extra charge. Now: some venues will do this and some won't It is up to them. Ticketmaster lets the venue decide on this policy. For most of the 2013 summer tour the vast majority of venues would do the exchange.

What they will not do is give someone who paid the original 400.00 a price break down to 160.00 they were stuck with 400.00 sitting right beside a 160.00 person that sucks.

I even remember reading on this site that one of our fellow iorr members purchased a pair of 650.00 tix for one of the 2013 shows. The night of the show When see picked them up at the will call box they were the correct tickets she ordered but they printed out with $400.00 face on the tickets. She showed her paper work with the 650.00 charges to her credit card and they would not give her the credit back to the 400.00 price. Maybe she got lucky later will some phone calls.

Bottom line be patient its five months away and when they announce more shows a lot of those absolutely @#$%& ludicrous price seats will be lowered.

RS.com even released more lucky dips just days before some of the shows. Put the sale page in your favorites and check once a day. How hard can it be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 07:03 by virgil.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 18, 2016 07:00

virgil
Keep checking back for tix if they announce more shows and the ultra high price ones are not selling they will lower the price as the show date approaches. 2013 Boston I got lucky dips for both shows but also purchased $160.00 tix for mediocre balcony seats.

Three weeks before the shows they lowered some of the $400.00 lodge seats down to 160.00. I took my $160.00 balcony tix back to ticketmaster and they exchanged them for lodge seats no problem and no extra charge. Now: some venues will do this and some won't It is up to them. Ticketmaster lets the venue decide on this policy. For most of the 2013 summer tour the vast majority of venues would do the exchange.

What they will not do is give someone who paid the original 400.00 a price break down to 160.00 they were stuck with 400.00 sitting right beside a 160.00 person that sucks.

I even remember reading on this site that one of our fellow iorr members purchased a pair of 650.00 tix for one of the 2013 shows. The night of the show When see picked them up at the will call box they were the correct tickets she ordered but they printed out with $400.00 face on the tickets. She showed her paper work with the 650.00 charges to her credit card and they would not give her the credit back to the 400.00 price. Maybe she got lucky later will some phone calls.

Bottom line be patient its five months away and when they announce more shows a lot of those absolutely @#$%& ludicrous price seats will be lowered. Some venues they even released more lucky dips just days before some of the shows. Put the sale page in your favorites and check once a day. How hard can it be.

Thank you for the info.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 18, 2016 07:56

35love
swaff
Aaaa, Come on Oakland!!!

YES PLEASE!

YES PLEASE AGAIN!!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: June 18, 2016 11:08

podiumboy
T-Mobile Arena
Oct 19- Rolling Stones
Oct 21- Keith Urbana

Not sure if this has been discussed already. Is there a precedence to this? Since they seem to need at least 2 off days between gigs, even if it's in the same venue, that means they'll have to play one show, tear down the stage, let Keith Urban do his show, and then set back up again and play in the same arena 3 days later. It's definitely doable, just seems kinda weird. Maybe Chicago 2013?

Yes this happens all the time. I remember in London at the O2 on 2007 the Stones did three nights but in between Stones shows there were other acts playing - so they do tear down the stage and then put it back up again. So Oct 22 in Vegas is certainly possible

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 18, 2016 14:03

Any word anywhere about east coast shows?

Date: June 18, 2016 15:39

john lomax
podiumboy
T-Mobile Arena
Oct 19- Rolling Stones
Oct 21- Keith Urbana

Yes this happens all the time. I remember in London at the O2 on 2007 the Stones did three nights but in between Stones shows there were other acts playing - so they do tear down the stage and then put it back up again. So Oct 22 in Vegas is certainly possible

My guess (if they add second VeGas show)
Oct. 7 - Indio
Oct 10 - Vegas
Oct.14 - Indio
Oct.19 - Vegas

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 18, 2016 18:51

MisterDDDD
john lomax
podiumboy
T-Mobile Arena
Oct 19- Rolling Stones
Oct 21- Keith Urbana

My guess (if they add second VeGas show)
Oct. 7 - Indio
Oct 10 - Vegas
Oct.14 - Indio
Oct.19 - Vegas

That would be my guess as well MisterDDDD. thumbs up
The have a whole week to kill between Desert Trip shows - more than likely they'll schedule a show.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 18, 2016 20:29

john lomax
podiumboy
T-Mobile Arena
Oct 19- Rolling Stones
Oct 21- Keith Urbana

It was Prince on a 21-show residence at the O2. in a one week period I saw the Stones three times and Prince twice. I was in heaven.

Definitely doable because that Prince stage was a very elaborate center stage. By comparison, I'm sure Keith Urban would use a traditional stage so it should be easy. Is Saturday confirmed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-18 20:30 by drbryant.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 19, 2016 00:33

I wish they the band would release all the dates so there will be a selection. This is not good.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:07

My guess is they released this Vegas date for folks who really didn't really want to mess with the desert thing, but want to see them, and might have felt forced to do the desert thing if they want to see them... but now they have a nice alternative.

And of course no is forced to do anything... yadda yadda yadda to the peanut gallery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-19 03:09 by jambay.

Date: June 19, 2016 03:10

babyblue
I wish they the band would release all the dates so there will be a selection. This is not good.
It is odd and not their usual mo for sure.
Also odd is the lack of the usual inside info that sometimes comes from several different sources. Gotta think the band is working harder at reducing leaks..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-19 03:11 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 19, 2016 03:37

steffialicia
Any word anywhere about east coast shows?

All we can do is wait steff....and I hate it. smileys with beer

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: June 19, 2016 04:28

jambay
My guess is they released this Vegas date for folks who really didn't really want to mess with the desert thing, but want to see them, and might have felt forced to do the desert thing if they want to see them... but now they have a nice alternative.

And of course no is forced to do anything... yadda yadda yadda to the peanut gallery.

Yes, but we already bought the Desert tickets, and might have opted for more expensive Vegas tickets if we had known instead, so there is no making sense of that thinking

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 19, 2016 05:13

babyblue

Definitely aggravating. And remember ZipCode? We all had to drive around town to see if there were any Stones billboards. That was the only indication.

It is possible that the Vegas announcement was made early because of the accidental tweet. But who knows?

Date: June 19, 2016 05:55

2014Slayer
Yes, but we already bought the Desert tickets, and might have opted for more expensive Vegas tickets if we had known instead, so there is no making sense of that thinking[/quote

Perhaps there was some type of no compete or contractual clause for all the participants that they had to wait until DT 1 & 2 "sold out".. before they could announce shows in the proximity. Tough to speculate.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 19, 2016 05:55

DeanGoodman
babyblue

Definitely aggravating. And remember ZipCode? We all had to drive around town to see if there were any Stones billboards. That was the only indication.

It is possible that the Vegas announcement was made early because of the accidental tweet. But who knows?

what accidental tweet?

plexi

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 19, 2016 06:09

timbernardis

what accidental tweet?

plexi

AEG tweeted the date/venue the night before the announcement, then quickly deleted the tweet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1138
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home