Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677
Current Page: 77 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 4, 2016 08:40

Gaetzi
2014Slayer
Gaetzi
We're in! My buddy got 4 in the lower chunk of Sec 224, row H- P2 tickets looking right down on the stage. Total miracle.

We will be directly across from you then! They look like good seats!

Right on! The only IORR'er I know is Woz and that's from way back when outside of Stones land.. Would be nice to meet up and say hello once we're in.

Hey Gaetzi, are we going to try to connect in Vegas? Maybe Hussongs at 4pm?

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 08:52

2014Slayer
Gaetzi
2014Slayer
Gaetzi
We're in! My buddy got 4 in the lower chunk of Sec 224, row H- P2 tickets looking right down on the stage. Total miracle.

Right on! The only IORR'er I know is Woz and that's from way back when outside of Stones land.. Would be nice to meet up and say hello once we're in.

The Shidoobee crowd is trying to put a pre show meet up in an Irish bar at Mandalay Bay - Ri-Ra- [rirapub.com]

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: October 4, 2016 17:20

What time?

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: October 4, 2016 17:27

2014Slayer
Gaetzi
2014Slayer
Gaetzi

Me and my buddies land at 2:00 and have a 5:30 dinner reservation at the Aria but definitely still would like to meet up for a beer if we can make it work.. want to take it off board and we can figure something out? my email is johngaetzi@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-04 17:28 by Gaetzi.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: October 4, 2016 22:32

2014Slayer
What time?
They are still waiting to hear back from the events manager. I'll post here as soon as they know.

Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 mini tour
Posted by: Olly ()
Date: December 13, 2016 22:10

Does anyone have any further views on this most puzzling of tours?

Why did the Stones play so few shows in North America this year do you think?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: December 13, 2016 23:44

They basically played Desert Trip and the Kraft private show. This probably worked out to a higher profit margin for lesser effort than if they'd done more of a tour.

Posted by: bpfinn94 ()
Date: December 14, 2016 00:16

Maybe Mick's having a child had something to do with it. The Stones do have personal lives.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 14, 2016 01:28

bpfinn94
Maybe Mick's having a child had something to do with it. The Stones do have personal lives.

Yes that makes the most sense. Hopefully nothing more serious.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2016 03:11

TeddyB1018
They basically played Desert Trip and the Kraft private show. This probably worked out to a higher profit margin for lesser effort than if they'd done more of a tour.

Funny, had a great time at the Vegas show ..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2016 03:18

TeddyB1018

They also played one abbreviated Vegas show which was a short 18 songs, and Mick was only at about 60-75% health-wise.
Was great to see the band carry the extra weight, but a far cry from a solid Stones show - it was over in the blink of an eye.
And along with the Boston/Kraft private show you mentioned (14 songs), don't forget the corporate show at the Bellagio (also 14 songs).

So in the end, there were two solid shows at Desert Trip, along with three others that were "Stones concerts" only by name.
Seems silly to call that a mini-tour, but they definitely made more than enough $$$ to make it worth their time.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 14, 2016 03:52

Laughable.

Vegas was Two songs less than DT1 & 2 (less than ten minutes in non- professional whiner time), but was over in "a blink of an eye".. confused smiley

The Vegas show was fantastic to all stones fans and especially the ones, like the band, who understood Mick was giving it the best he had and most fans rallied around him in enthusiasm and support.

New venue was great,sound was amazing, great rendition of Ride 'em on Down and many more highlights. Guitars were amazing. To write off the show like it never happened is not only ridiculous, but pathetic.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-12-14 03:54 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 14, 2016 04:28

TeddyB1018

Obviously. Desert Trip was the motivation, add the Kraft show and it was a great year for the bottom line. The fact that Mick's current squeeze gave birth a few weeks ago had absolutely zero to do with the Stones'plans.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 14, 2016 04:50

@ MisterDDDD - didn't intend to rankle your superfandom, was just giving an opinion. Perhaps I should have said "seemingly over in the blink of an eye"!
I have to say that for myself, my wife, and most everyone around me were caught completely off guard when the show abruptly ended after Satisfaction - was hoping for Street Fighting Man...or something! Only 18 songs?!!!
It ranks pretty low for Stones shows I've seen, but I did have compassion for Mick and his struggles throughout the show - he really held back. He needed more time to recover from the Desert, but the $how must go on.
With that said, I had even more compassion for those who paid $750 for tickets. I got off easy paying $250 on stubhub the afternoon of show for tix that were originally $750+, so can't really complain.
Highlights were Midnight Rambler and Ride 'em on Down - Micks harp playing was spot on. Also Keith playing Happy, and the choir during You Can't Always Get What You Want

"most fans rallied around him in enthusiasm and support"

You must have been sitting in the cheerleading section!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677
Current Page: 77 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2062
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home