Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 74 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 mini tour
Date: September 17, 2016 07:40

Oh yeah, Beyonce is a slice of heaven indeed! LMFAO

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 17, 2016 11:56

MisterDDDD

Lastly, Eric who?

My thoughts too, and why would I pay him $65? Coming soon to an overpriced Stones merch table, a typically gaudy t-shirt bearing the slogan, "Who the F--- is Eric Church?"

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 17, 2016 16:22

Woz
>
You can't take the $$ with you when you go.....<

I'm with you!

I totally agree with you guys. Maybe somebody should tell the Stones that. All in their 70's and they have not figured it out yet.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 17, 2016 17:21

virgil
Woz
>
You can't take the $$ with you when you go.....<

I'm with you!

I totally agree with you guys. Maybe somebody should tell the Stones that. All in their 70's and they have not figured it out yet.

But they have all these new babies to take care of!

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 18:04

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
potus43
virgil
If you have any doubt about the shady bullshit that ticketmaster, AXS, secondary ticket sites the promoters and yes the stones pull check this out. Right now I have both the 19th and the 22nd AXS ticket pages open. On the 19th lodge sections 9,10,11,& 12 are all split lower half is $450 upper half $350.

On the 22nd every seat in those sections upper and lower are $450.

They have HUGE BALLS !!!

Does anyone here really think the Stones care one bit about their fans? Please.. they could do the right thing if they wanted to. Eric Church tix just went on sale today and one can get GREAT seats for $65. He runs a big tour so don;t tell me about comparative overheads. The Stones DON'T CARE!

Of course they care! They care that whoever is willing and able to pay through the nose!

Don't get me wrong..
I'm not ponying up the $750 for floor seats either, but to rag on the band at this stage for being successful musicians and capitalists is a little like ragging on the pope for being catholic. We've been aware for some time.

As far as the whole "don't care about us fans" refrain.. Nonsense.Of course they do, a band that didn't wouldn't have them asa long as they have. The Lucky Dips are only linked to their own website and social media for a reason.. if you are a fan, you're in on it. Also,less expensive seats are widely available. Diligent persistent hard core fans find a way.

As for the changing seat prices, it's the way promoters now sell tickets. Demand dictates price.They don't sell, they get reduced like everything else in life. I actually applaud the boys for continuing to lead the industry in grosses per show at this stage of their career. And just like last tour,courtesy of LD's I'm now averaging about $200 per show (worth every cent and then some) Desert Trip has me paying less than that when I factor in the three days.

Lastly, Eric who?

ann you call yourself a music fan. Guess not

Date: September 17, 2016 18:05

DeanGoodman
MisterDDDD

Lastly, Eric who?

My thoughts too, and why would I pay him $65? Coming soon to an overpriced Stones merch table, a typically gaudy t-shirt bearing the slogan, "Who the F--- is Eric Church?"

you too

Date: September 17, 2016 18:26

Just gotta throw my two cents in about these ticket prices. These prices should come to no surprise for any of us. In 2013, the last arena tour, top price for general seating was $650. Today it's $750. Did you expect the prices to go DOWN? Really? If memory serves me correctly, the top price for B2B $350 and prices have continued to go up with each arena/stadium tour. In 2013 the top price for a VIP ticket was $1500. But there were several hundred available in the pit. The Stones saw a demand for these types of tickets a have adjusted accordingly with the location and number of the seats available. It's called the music business and that's how Mick treats it, rightly or wrongly. But it appears, based on ticket sales yesterday, that many fans have reached a critical mass when it comes prices and are now saying hell no we've had enough. But don't expect Mick to listen. If there is another tour here in the US in the years to come prices will be even higher. So start saving your money today for that tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 17, 2016 18:47

One of the problems with the current $750's is that they now encompass the entire floor and most - if not all - of the lower loge.
Looking at the Vegas seating/price chart yesterday, I'm flabbergasted to see the inflated prices for what is being offered.
Many here among us refuse to get officially scalped, but that's a personal choice/opinion that not everyone agrees with.
More power to those who don't care and are willing to pay whatever it costs.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 17, 2016 19:10

The Emerald Package, second highest vip package costs $3,512 for 2 tix in sec c row t. not worth it to me.

Date: September 17, 2016 19:21

[email protected]
Just gotta throw my two cents in about these ticket prices. These prices should come to no surprise for any of us. In 2013, the last arena tour, top price for general seating was $650. Today it's $750. Did you expect the prices to go DOWN? Really? If memory serves me correctly, the top price for B2B $350 and prices have continued to go up with each arena/stadium tour. In 2013 the top price for a VIP ticket was $1500. But there were several hundred available in the pit. The Stones saw a demand for these types of tickets a have adjusted accordingly with the location and number of the seats available. It's called the music business and that's how Mick treats it, rightly or wrongly. But it appears, based on ticket sales yesterday, that many fans have reached a critical mass when it comes prices and are now saying hell no we've had enough. But don't expect Mick to listen. If there is another tour here in the US in the years to come prices will be even higher. So start saving your money today for that tour.

My point is "retroactive" to many of the earlier tours. They could care less what we think...we suckers keep paying and they keep laughing at us

Date: September 17, 2016 19:38

Hairball
One of the problems with the current $750's is that they now encompass the entire floor and most - if not all - of the lower loge.
Looking at the Vegas seating/price chart yesterday, I'm flabbergasted to see the inflated prices for what is being offered.
Many here among us refuse to get officially scalped, but that's a personal choice/opinion that not everyone agrees with.

Totally agree with you Eric. When I first saw the seating chart I went Wow their gonna price a lot of fans out. And this has come to be true. If you get tix for either Vegas show give me a call and we'll meet. Dinner and drinks will be on me to ease the pain. I'm not doing Old-chella. At my advanced age, stand was not an option. LOL.

Scotty

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 17, 2016 20:39

DeanGoodman
MisterDDDD

Lastly, Eric who?

You're looking a little out of touch here guys-
He has put out 3 albums since 2011,2 of the 3 opened at number 1 on the billboard chart and the 3rd opened at number 2.
Jeff Cease form the Black Crowes plays guitar in his band,they play a country rock style,he's a huge act.

I also think bitching about the Stones ticket prices is a waste of time but i think you'll see alot of people spending their money elsewhere.
As much as i love the band,they haven't put any great music or any music at all for years and i'm not gonna drop a couple of grand to see them play Brown Sugar and Jumping Jack Flash again.
At some point the "this could be the last time" marketing ploy gets old.you end up saying damn,if it's that tough just stay home guys-it's been fun.when i see an 83 year old Willie Nelson getting on his tour bus and finishing the last 22 dates of his fall tour or remember B.B. King doing the same to the end,the Stones look a little weak.

i don't think anyones going away mad at the Stones but the whole thing is getting a little old.

Date: September 17, 2016 23:37

[email protected]
Hairball

Totally agree with you Eric. When I first saw the seating chart I went Wow their gonna price a lot of fans out. And this has come to be true. If you get tix for either Vegas show give me a call and we'll meet. Dinner and drinks will be on me to ease the pain. I'm not doing Old-chella. At my advanced age, stand was not an option. LOL.

Scotty

Thanks Scotty, my wife and I will be in Vegas that weekend for her birthday - Stones or not!
If we don't get tickets, maybe you'll see us out front of the venue picketing and protesting the outrageous prices. winking smiley
(and maybe then we'll go to the Beatles Cirque de Soleil instead - it's been a few years since we've seen that haha)

As for Desert Trip - new 3 day packages were released today as of 35 minutes ago.
Looking now and you can get a decent floor seat about half way back for a little over what you paid for a single Vegas show.
At $999 - a comfy folding chair haha, two classic bands per day, and all will be playing full sets!
There's also dozens of grandstand seats at this minute at varying prices, along with the cheap GA's in the back and the expensive GA's in the pit.

Plus it's a closer drive than Vegas- apprx. a 3 hour drive! How can you say no!!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 17, 2016 23:56

Hairball
[email protected]
Hairball

Scotty

Thanks Scotty, my wife and I will be in Vegas that weekend for her birthday - Stones or not!
If we don't get tickets, maybe you'll see us out front of the venue picketing and protesting the outrageous prices. winking smiley
(and maybe then we'll go to the Beatles Cirque de Soleil instead - it's been a few years since we've seen that haha)

As for Desert Trip - new 3 day packages were released today as of 35 minutes ago.
Looking now and you can get a decent floor seat about half way back for a little over what you paid for a single Vegas show.
At $999 - a comfy folding chair haha, two classic bands per day, and all will be playing full sets!
There's also dozens of grandstand seats at this minute at varying prices, along with the cheap GA's in the back and the expensive GA's in the pit.

Plus it's a closer drive than Vegas- apprx. a 3 hour drive! How can you say no!!!

was that for the first or second weekend, Hairball?

plexi

Date: September 17, 2016 23:57

F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got in to order my tix for the first Desert Trip weekend and my order was DECLINED. I called my bank the other day to raise the spending limit on my card for the weekend but somehow it did not happen. I even went to Stubhub which would have been $38 more but it too was declined. I had enough money in my checking account to handle the transaction. I am so PISSED and just so sick over this.

I guess I will be able to get them later but I had my heart set on getting them TODAY!!! Stubhub also told me that I might or might not get everything that is in the box, that the reseller is only obligated to send only the wristband and the ticket. I want everything in the box!!

And I will probably have to pay above face as I do not expect them to still be available thru the Desert Trip website on Monday.

I want my tickets NOW!!!!

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 00:05

timbernardis
Hairball
[email protected]
Hairball

Scotty

plexi

Both.

edit: Wow just read your last post above - that really sucks and I feel your pain.
Looking at both weekend availability again right now and there's still plenty, but sections are indeed getting sold out.
Should still be some by Monday depending on what type of ticket you're looking for - hang tough!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-18 00:13 by Hairball.

Date: September 18, 2016 00:28

Hairball
timbernardis
Hairball
[email protected]
Hairball

Scotty

plexi

Both.

edit: Wow just read your last post above - that really sucks and I feel your pain.
Looking at both weekend availability again right now and there's still plenty, but sections are indeed getting sold out.
Should still be some by Monday depending on what type of ticket you're looking for - hang tough!

Thanks for your kind sentiments Hairball. I also just tried to order by phone and it was again declined. I asked if they thought they might still be available Monday and they said I could try but that it was a very sought after ticket.

I am trying to get two general admission tix.

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 00:48

If you're not referring to GA PIT, there should be some of the regular GA's left. When they had the AMEX sale going (which was up for at least a month up until a couple days ago) there were always some available.
All those unsold AMEX tickets must have went back in the pot for these newly released tix as the AMEX link is no longer an option.
And who knows how big and far back GA section is...they could squeeze in thousands of more tix if they know they can make more money!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: September 18, 2016 01:24

There seem to be GA PIT tickets for both weekends available - but you gotta hover over that section on the reserved seating map to find 'em - not under 'General Admission'.smoking smiley

Date: September 18, 2016 01:28

i am talking about regular GA tix, it's quite a bit of money for those pit GA, though of course I would like to be there.

I plan to get there early and secure a good spot, maybe on the upper GA section where people can bring lawn chairs or just a blanket. At least that's the way I understand it, that there is a lower standing GA ticket section and an upper GA section, but I suppose I might want to confirm that by calling them.

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 01:53

mosthigh
There seem to be GA PIT tickets for both weekends available - but you gotta hover over that section on the reserved seating map to find 'em - not under 'General Admission'.smoking smiley

Yes mosthigh - there still are GA Pits as of right now, but I was referring to whether there will be any of them left by Monday in response to timbernardis who will be trying again then (wasn't sure which GA's he was referring to). By the looks of the rapidly disappearing reserved floor seats (and seats in all sections), I have my doubts whether any GA PIT will be there for long.

timbernardis
i am talking about regular GA tix, it's quite a bit of money for those pit GA, though of course I would like to be there.

I plan to get there early and secure a good spot, maybe on the upper GA section where people can bring lawn chairs or just a blanket. At least that's the way I understand it, that there is a lower standing GA ticket section and an upper GA section, but I suppose I might want to confirm that by calling them.

You should have no problem getting regular GA's as I stated in last post.
From what I've heard, the standing GA section will be directly behind the reserved seats (about 125 rows back), with the section for chairs, etc. behind that.
Don't know how large either of those sections is going to be, but I assume sitting on the lawn behind a mass of people standing might not be the best option.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 18, 2016 02:26

The GA are sections are pretty far back but will have large video screens to compensate. There are close to 40,000 reserved seats including the grandstands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-18 03:03 by Woz.

Date: September 18, 2016 02:47

Hairball
mosthigh

Yes mosthigh - there still are GA Pits as of right now, but I was referring to whether there will be any of them left by Monday in response to timbernardis who will be trying again then (wasn't sure which GA's he was referring to). By the looks of the rapidly disappearing reserved floor seats (and seats in all sections), I have my doubts whether any GA PIT will be there for long.

timbernardis

You should have no problem getting regular GA's as I stated in last post.
From what I've heard, the standing GA section will be directly behind the reserved seats (about 125 rows back), with the section for chairs, etc. behind that.
Don't know how large either of those sections is going to be, but I assume sitting on the lawn behind a mass of people standing might not be the best option.

Is the (upper) GA section on a grassy hill? If so, should be able to see above the standing people.

plexi

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 18, 2016 03:04

It's all very flat plexi....

Date: September 18, 2016 04:27

Woz
It's all very flat plexi....

sounds like u have been there before ...

plexi

Date: September 18, 2016 04:49

MisterDDDD posted this image a while back in the Coachella/Desert Trip thread:

And more google images here:

Coachella

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-18 04:49 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: September 18, 2016 07:23

Congratulations to the Lucky Dip ticket holders! smileys with beer I received good uppers in Las Vegas in May 2013 and Tongue Pit tickets for the great second Philadelphia show.
Good luck!

I can't wait for the seventh.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 18, 2016 13:25

Will this event be televised? Pay per View for the Las Vegas Show would be nice. smileys with beer

Date: September 18, 2016 18:04

Hairball
[email protected]
Hairball

Scotty

There are still tix available this morning. I think the fans have spoken/screamed concerning prices. Hopefully they will release more Lucky Dip's as we get closer to the show like did for Staples. Keep that phone close. I'm driving in Friday and will give you a call. As for DT, it can get really, really hot out there, even in October. I don't do well in the heat. I'm built for comfort. LOL.

Cheers Mate,
Scotty

Date: September 19, 2016 21:33

for Desert Trip, if I end up having to sell one General Admission ticket for weekend one, how difficult might it be to sell?

And I suppose I would just list it on IORR and Shidoobee. Or face or below on stubhub.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 74 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home