Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 73 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 mini tour
Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 16, 2016 21:02

The lucky dip button did not pop up until 1:16 pm EST a full 16 minutes after the public sale started. Right a 1pm I just kept refreshing the page finally at 1:16 bang it was up. I got a set and my wife got a set.

2013 Boston same thing the LD page came about 10 to 15 minutes after public sale started . I got 3 sets for the first show and 2 sets for the 2nd all on same credit card no problem picking them up.

2015 Milwaukee same deal late LD page got 2 sets same credit card no issues.

I hope a lot of people on this forum got some.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 16, 2016 21:13

hooked
lem motlow
Adams
They kind of changed the message while advertising the 2nd LV show on Facebook.
Before that it was "Final US show in 2016" now it's:

"Tickets are on sale now for the second and final #StonesVegas show, Sat, Oct 22 at T-Mobile Arena. Get tickets while they're HOT".

I checked previous posts and it seems that anything that mentioned "final US show in 2016" is gone...

I was wondering how long that would take-"oh did we say final U.S. show? we meant final Vegas show.we weren't trying to scare people into buying those rip-off priced Vegas tickets,really we were'nt.it was just a misprint."

Hope you're right but the news item on the website on 9/8 announcing the second Vegas show still says it's the final US show.

seriously who knows.they seem to be figuring out different ways to squeeze money out of less and less people and doing fewer and fewer shows.
at this rate they'll be playing billionares living rooms to 25 people for 5 million a night.

Willie Nelson is doing farm aid tomorrow with Neil Young ,John Mellencamp,Dave Mathews and others.then he'll get on his tour bus and travel across the country doing the last 22 dates of his tour,Willie turned 83 last april...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2016 21:16

virgil
The lucky dip button did not pop up until 1:16 pm EST a full 16 minutes after the public sale started. Right a 1pm I just kept refreshing the page finally at 1:16 bang it was up. I got a set and my wife got a set.

2013 Boston same thing the LD page came about 10 to 15 minutes after public sale started . I got 3 sets for the first show and 2 sets for the 2nd all on same credit card no problem picking them up.

I did get a pair in 2013 as a backup for my lower loge, but they ended up being nosebleed so I let a couple friends with me have them. (If they were better than my lower loge, I would have kept them winking smiley )

As with sundevil, after seeing them so many times I really don't want to be shut for the last US show in 2016 (and what could possibly be the last show on US soil ever).
I could and should be content with Desert Trip, but after some thinking I really want to be at this last show. And now my wife's starting to nag me heavily about going to Vegas again (she won't be at Desert Trip),
It's her birthday that weekend so might have to make this happen one way or another$$$!

Date: September 16, 2016 21:25

It appears tickets aren't selling. For Weds. tickets it took over an hour to get thru. Today I got in the first 5 mins. but kept throwing back the tickets offered. Kept getting thru line every 1-2 mins. Must have declined the tickets offered 20+ times the first hour. Even completely left the AXS site to check posts here and went back to AXS and still got in in 1-2 mins. Going back a 4th time now.

Scotty

Date: September 16, 2016 21:37

[email protected]
It appears tickets aren't selling. For Weds. tickets it took over an hour to get thru. Today I got in the first 5 mins. but kept throwing back the tickets offered. Kept getting thru line every 1-2 mins. Must have declined the tickets offered 20+ times the first hour. Even completely left the AXS site to check posts here and went back to AXS and still got in in 1-2 mins. Going back a 4th time now.

Scotty

Now I'm sure of slow ticket sales. Getting right in. Declined the tickets offered 4 times in 5 mins. Maybe they will release more Lucky Dips as the day progresses.

Date: September 16, 2016 21:37

Hairball
virgil

I did get a pair in 2013 as a backup for my lower loge, but they ended up being nosebleed so I let a couple friends with me have them. (If they were better than my lower loge, I would have kept them winking smiley )

As with sundevil, after seeing them so many times I really don't want to be shut for the last US show in 2016 (and what could possibly be the last show on US soil ever).
I could and should be content with Desert Trip, but after some thinking I really want to be at this last show. And now my wife's starting to nag me heavily about going to Vegas again (she won't be at Desert Trip),
It's her birthday that weekend so might have to make this happen one way or another$$$!

. Hair ball just be patient the ticket prices will be lowered. As the shows get closer some of the $750's will go to $450. The $450's And $350's will go to $250 and Even more $150's will come available. It happens all the time. I have paid $160 face value and sat right beside someone who paid $350 face value because they got them in presale or 1st day of general sale.

Stub hub prices have already started coming down, the Saturday 22nd show is actually cheaper on stub hub right now than the Wed show.

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: September 16, 2016 21:47

I screwed up really bad. Nothing. Forgot about Twitter. I can't do this anymore. I'm never going to see them again.

Sorry, I'm just really upset. It always becomes a big emotional thing. Good or bad.

I'm happy some of you got the Lucky Dips, though

Date: September 16, 2016 21:49

virgil
Hairball
virgil

. Hair ball just be patient the ticket prices will be lowered. As the shows get closer some of the $750's will go to $450. The $450's And $350's will go to $250 and Even more $150's will come available. It happens all the time. I have paid $160 face value and sat right beside someone who paid $350 face value because they got them in presale or 1st day of general sale.

Stub hub prices have already started coming down, the Saturday 22nd show is actually cheaper on stub hub right now than the Wed show.

It appears people a revolting over the ticket prices. Just went back a 5th time and getting right in. The sections being blacked out hasn't changed in 45 minutes. Kinda like people have had enough. Might as well go run some errands and go back in in a couple of hours. I'm getting that sinking feeling I really screwed myself buying pre-sale on Weds.

Scotty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 21:56 by micknkeef@cox.net.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 16, 2016 21:54

laurel
I screwed up really bad. Nothing. Forgot about Twitter. I can't do this anymore. I'm never going to see them again.

Sorry, I'm just really upset. It always becomes a big emotional thing. Good or bad.

you'll get them. See Virgil's last post.

plexi

Date: September 16, 2016 22:00

I cannot even find how to get onto axs ticket site, can someone please give me the link?

do u have to set up an account before you can get to the tickets page?

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-16 22:05 by timbernardis.

Date: September 16, 2016 22:06

timbernardis
I cannot even find how to get onto axs ticket site, can someone please give me the link?

plexi

Here you go my friend. You don't need to set up an account first. It will ask you for that info on checkout.

[www.axs.com]

Scotty

Date: September 16, 2016 22:24

timbernardis
laurel

you'll get them. See Virgil's last post.

plexi

Thank you! I had missed Virgil's post, when I wrote this. Hope you were able to get on the site.

Date: September 16, 2016 22:40

[email protected]
timbernardis

plexi

Here you go my friend. You don't need to set up an account first. It will ask you for that info on checkout.

[www.axs.com]

Scotty

thanks scotty.

what i really want is to be all set up for tomorrow when the Desert Trip tix become available again and I would like to have all my information entered. When I set up an account, I could find nowhere to enter in my credit card info, etc. Where can you do that?

plexi

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 16, 2016 22:44

I'm curious---for the second Vegas show's presale, were there tickets available in the front sections (A, B, C)? I wasn't looking for them yet wonder how many of those have been withheld.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 16, 2016 22:45

Got thru both ways -- Web and twitter for LD! 4 tix. Whooooo

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: September 16, 2016 22:45

Over $1,600 for 2 tix? No thanks....

Date: September 16, 2016 23:57

timbernardis
[email protected]
timbernardis

plexi

[www.axs.com]

Scotty

thanks scotty.

what i really want is to be all set up for tomorrow when the Desert Trip tix become available again and I would like to have all my information entered. When I set up an account, I could find nowhere to enter in my credit card info, etc. Where can you do that?

plexi

I tried to do that as well. They don't store credit card info; you have to enter it at the time of sale.

Date: September 17, 2016 00:03

I have been trying since the tickets went on sale and I am unable to get a front 10 rows and not one time have I been able to get thru. It said sold out the minute I got thru at 1:04.

Since then I have been given the same option in row U seat 9 for almost 4 hours.

Anyone get thru to the better package.

Date: September 17, 2016 00:10

If you have any doubt about the shady bullshit that ticketmaster, AXS, secondary ticket sites the promoters and yes the stones pull check this out. Right now I have both the 19th and the 22nd AXS ticket pages open. On the 19th lodge sections 9,10,11,& 12 are all split lower half is $450 upper half $350.

On the 22nd every seat in those sections upper and lower are $450.

They have HUGE BALLS !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-17 00:24 by virgil.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 17, 2016 00:14

I wonder if concerts are going the route of airfare---prices that fluctuate according to demand.

Date: September 17, 2016 00:22

cyclist
I wonder if concerts are going the route of airfare---prices that fluctuate according to demand.

Yes Cyclist, most of the pro sports in the big markets have been doing it for 4 to 5 years now. They call them premium games or premium times or premium teams. The same seat on Saturday might be 40 to 50 bucks more than it would be on a Wed night. Also they raise the price of any given seat depending on the opponents win loss record.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 00:31

virgil
If you have any doubt about the shady bullshit that ticketmaster, AXS, secondary ticket sites the promoters and yes the stones pull check this out. Right now I have both the 19th and the 22nd AXS ticket pages open. On the 19th lodge sections 9,10,11,& 12 are all split lower half is $450 upper half $350.

They have HUGE BALLS !!!

Does anyone here really think the Stones care one bit about their fans? Please.. they could do the right thing if they wanted to. Eric Church tix just went on sale today and one can get GREAT seats for $65. He runs a big tour so don;t tell me about comparative overheads. The Stones DON'T CARE!

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: September 17, 2016 00:50

Got Lucky Dips through the Twitter link right when it was posted here, was at around 1:03 or 1:05 eastern time, I will be in for both shows with Lucky Dips smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2016 00:52

virgil
Hairball
virgil

Yes Virgil, happened to my sister at one of the 2013 shows (either Staples or Anaheim). She bought a pair side of stage tix about 20 rows up for her and her daughter (my niece) at $450 each the day of sale. As time went on, massive price drops all around her same section...I didn't have the heart to tell her! The silver lining was they somehow managed to get their seats upgraded when they got in the venue - a very nice usher deserves credit! thumbs up

On a side note, my wife reminded me earlier that we are club members at the Tropicana - now owned by Doubletree/Hilton. Just called our 'host' awhile ago to stay the 20th - 24th, and we were comped two free nights with Fri. and Sat. discounted at apprx. $65/night. So with the huge savings there, I will invest in Stones tickets...but will wait patiently for price drops!

Date: September 17, 2016 01:12

If anyone has a spare pair of Lucky Dips, please let me know! (not sure how that works, though)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 17, 2016 01:30

potus43
virgil

They have HUGE BALLS !!!

Does anyone here really think the Stones care one bit about their fans? Please.. they could do the right thing if they wanted to. Eric Church tix just went on sale today and one can get GREAT seats for $65. He runs a big tour so don;t tell me about comparative overheads. The Stones DON'T CARE!

Of course they care! They care that whoever is willing and able to pay through the nose!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2016 02:17

GasLightStreet
potus43
virgil

They have HUGE BALLS !!!

Of course they care! They care that whoever is willing and able to pay through the nose!

Don't get me wrong..
I'm not ponying up the $750 for floor seats either, but to rag on the band at this stage for being successful musicians and capitalists is a little like ragging on the pope for being catholic. We've been aware for some time.

As far as the whole "don't care about us fans" refrain.. Nonsense.Of course they do, a band that didn't wouldn't have them asa long as they have. The Lucky Dips are only linked to their own website and social media for a reason.. if you are a fan, you're in on it. Also,less expensive seats are widely available. Diligent persistent hard core fans find a way.

As for the changing seat prices, it's the way promoters now sell tickets. Demand dictates price.They don't sell, they get reduced like everything else in life. I actually applaud the boys for continuing to lead the industry in grosses per show at this stage of their career. And just like last tour,courtesy of LD's I'm now averaging about $200 per show (worth every cent and then some) Desert Trip has me paying less than that when I factor in the three days.

Lastly, Eric who?

Date: September 17, 2016 03:12

Regarding the current outrageous prices, the Stones are setting a very bad precedent (again) that other lesser bands will follow in the future (as they have in the past).
Set the prices as high as possible, and if they don't sell slowly lower the prices. Throw out a couple Lucky Dips...whoopty doo. How generous of them!
No matter how it's rationalized, it's ridiculous. That being said, I hope to get in, but will not pay an arm and a leg nor will I settle for nosebleeds.
Might be asking and hoping for alot, but in the past my patience, diligence, and persistence has paid off...I will be at the final show in the US 2016 (and possibly the last US show ever). thumbs up

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: September 17, 2016 07:16

Well I am broke but excited. In the next five weeks I get to see Beyonce, Rolling Stones x 3, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Walters and the Who!!!

For a Baby Boomer rock and roller I would say that is a little slice of heaven! You can't take the $$ with you when you go.....

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 17, 2016 07:35

>For a Baby Boomer rock and roller I would say that is a little slice of heaven! You can't take the $$ with you when you go.....<

I'm with you!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677Next
Current Page: 73 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1334
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home