Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 mini tour
Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: September 10, 2016 21:56

Johnny - You will find out soon that I am right. You heard it here first.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 10, 2016 22:58

heinz57
Johnny - You will find out soon that I am right. You heard it here first.

heinz57- With all respect, the Stones' own press release says the announced shows are the last of 2016. I'm curious as to how your info will play out. Assuming you're correct about Boston, will there be any additional shows?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 10, 2016 23:15

Announcement said "last U.S. show of 2016". So the door was left open for more, somewhere.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: September 10, 2016 23:21

bye bye johnny
Announcement said "last U.S. show of 2016". So the door was left open for more, somewhere.

[www.rollingstones.com]

I sincerely hope that one of the "open doors" is Bill's 80th gig.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: September 10, 2016 23:55

So, for someone who doesn't have the time to wade through all 68 pages of this thread -- what is the general speculation on WHY the mini-tour is so short? Were more dates considered, but not taken? Did Charlie put his foot down? What is the short summary version of what we know so far?

I had limited expectations for them in 2016, but knowing the Stones history of not really doing one-offs, I was kinda expecting there to be at least 7 or 8 dates added after the Desert Trip dates were announced.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 11, 2016 00:12

500 for the cheapest...thats alot of dough guys.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 11, 2016 01:19

Turning To Gold
So, for someone who doesn't have the time to wade through all 68 pages of this thread -- what is the general speculation on WHY the mini-tour is so short? Were more dates considered, but not taken? Did Charlie put his foot down? What is the short summary version of what we know so far?

I had limited expectations for them in 2016, but knowing the Stones history of not really doing one-offs, I was kinda expecting there to be at least 7 or 8 dates added after the Desert Trip dates were announced.

1 - More dates were on the cards but with Mick's recent news the original plan have changed.
2 - According to various sources of the band, Charlie doesn't wanna play more than 15-20 shows a year, they're doing 18 shows on 2016.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: September 11, 2016 02:10

There never were any more show planned. Plenty of us on this board advised so. Mick's seeding had nothing to do with it.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 11, 2016 02:58

@Georgelicks

Have you any news about a possible release of a new studio album next spring?!Could it happens with the starting of European Tour in May/June?!Is it on the way?!Thanks a lot!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 11, 2016 04:19

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-07 13:02 by jambay.

Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 11, 2016 06:16

Stones50
Mad Sq Garden is a lock

told you they weren't I wish you would stop making things up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2016 06:20

Cheer up jambay...4 shows are better than none. thumbs up
And criticizing the Desert shows (and mocking the people who choose to go) before they even happen? I thought you were all about good vibes around here?

Anyhow, the Desert shows might not be everyone's cup of tea, but many here among us are going and will more than likely be enjoying it...
6 different classic artists/bands for the price of one single overpriced Vegas Stones show! What's to complain about?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 11, 2016 08:14

The multiple dates tour (40+ concerts on a single year) era is over, as all of us already know. There's at least 4 concerts in USA this year. Add to that number another 32 concerts (apart from the 12-12-12 event which was not a concert per se) since 2012, only in USA. Let alone those two unique club gigs in 2013 and 2015 in LA, plus that very private concert in San Diego at the Belly Up and we have almost 40 concerts in 4 years, only in USA.

In the between years (2012-2016) a lot of countries have had only one concert. I understand that a lot of people would like to see the Stones playing a lot of concerts in their countries, but they're giving us what they can and I think we must be thankful for them doing that at this stage of their lives. Go grab'em while you can! smileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 11, 2016 08:40

If you assume they will tour and perform for another three years and you
multiply by 15 than we have only 45 more shows worldwide. Could be more but could also be a lot less. See them while you can...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 11, 2016 18:33

jambay
Hairball
Cheer up jambay...4 shows are better than none. thumbs up
And criticizing the Desert shows (and mocking the people who choose to go) before they even happen? I thought you were all about good vibes around here?

Anyhow, the Desert shows might not be everyone's cup of tea, but many here among us are going and will more than likely be enjoying it...
6 different classic artists/bands for the price of one single overpriced Vegas Stones show! What's to complain about?

I did not mock or even say one word about people who choose to go to that thing in the desert.
And I didn't complain about it. I said I would not go if it was free.

I must have misunderstood this comment from you to be a bit condesceding and/or mocking, as did JadedFaded (see his/her above post) :

jambay
...for people who dont want to (are smart enough to not want to) deal with that mess in the desert.

No worries though, to each his own.
The way I approach these upcoming Desert shows is that it may be the last time I see the Stones, and unless I get lucky dips for the 2nd Vegas show, there's a very high chance it will be.
If they were playing in the antarctic, and I had a hunch it would probably be the last time I could see them - I might make an effort to go (but only if there were lucky dips ha).
Seeing as the Desert shows are a 3 hour drive from home, it's much more convenient than the antarctic (or the alternative of paying an arm and a leg for Vegas).
Add in Dylan, Neil, Paul McCartney, The Who, and Roger Waters - it would seem a missed opportunity NOT to go, but again perhaps it's not everyone's cup of tea.
Perhaps that reasoning is not 'smart enough' for you, but for me it's really a no brainer.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 11, 2016 19:00

heinz57
Good news. The Stones will play a show in Boston on Oct. 25

From rollingstones.com:

Due to overwhelming demand, The Rolling Stones have announced a second and final Las Vegas show on Saturday, October 22 at T-Mobile Arena. This will be the iconic band’s last U.S. show of 2016 and will come on the heels of their performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California on October 7 and 14, and their already-sold-out first show in Las Vegas on October 19.

That sounds pretty definitive to me.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 11, 2016 20:49

I have said numerous times since 2012, when the Stones returned to the touring scene after some years of silence, that this is it. Don't wait for the next LA or NYC or Sydney or Tokyo or Paris show. It might never happen. If they are around then go see them. NOW! If you can travel.

They have toured the entire world now from 2012-2016. More than one time in UK and North America.

If you need to discuss why old people above 70 years of age do not work as much as they did when they were a lot younger, then feel free to start a SEPARATE thread about that.

For THIS thread, please concentrate on the four - 4 public shows they will be doing this fall.

PS. Troll alert. I will delete anything that smells like or looks like troll activity. During that process I may delete a few more negative posts that may or may not be of troll origin. Please do not take it personally. It is a necessity to delete off topic posts in order to keep a tyhread ON TOPIC. This thread is about the FALL MINI TOUR. And, if you wish to post info about shows, please do st ate some source, otherwise it will be declared misleading hostile spam and deleted.

Bjornulf

Date: September 11, 2016 21:39

Thanks BV. So that means that Heinz57's BS about the Boston show will be deleted?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 12, 2016 03:53

Did anyone purchase some of the $450.00 balcony seats that AXS quietly released Saturday morning? Most of them were in 203 and 225 I kept getting pairs in row c of both sections to come up. I did not purchase because with the second show added I Honestly beleive there will be more tickets released at reduced prices. Some 450's will be brought down to $250 and 350's down to 150 etc. That has been the process since 2005 tour and beyond.

Be patient and check often also since the announcement of the second show Stub Hub prices are dropping. Their still shithouse but dropping.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 12, 2016 04:33

"I have said numerous times since 2012, when the Stones returned to the touring scene after some years of silence, that this is it. Don't wait for the next LA or NYC or Sydney or Tokyo or Paris show. It might never happen. If they are around then go see them. NOW! If you can travel."

I have taken bv's advise to heart since 2012 and gone to every show I could including the 50th in Brooklyn. Wasn't able to travel overseas but have caught so many great north american shows... sincere thanks for the advise and it's obviously valid now more than ever.

Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: September 12, 2016 17:22

pre sale for 2nd Vegas show Wednesday Sept. 14th on The Rolling Stones App

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: September 12, 2016 18:55

Any speculation on what kind of stage set up Vegas will have? This sort of a rarity for the Stones to be playing just two arena shows.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 12, 2016 19:22

Gaetzi
Any speculation on what kind of stage set up Vegas will have?

I'm guessing the indoor arena setup from 2012/2013/2014 but with a catwalk instead of a tongue pit.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 12, 2016 19:34

Kurt
You can still buy "AXS Premium" tickets for Vegas too.

Step right up, click the button and you can sit at the end of the catwalk.
Floor B
Row A
Seats 7-8

ONLY $ 5,999.00 EACH

On the official seller site, NOT a reseller.
Holy shit.

PRICE DROP ALERT!

ONLY $ 5,699.00 EACH TODAY!

moody smiley

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 12, 2016 21:12

Kurt
Kurt
You can still buy "AXS Premium" tickets for Vegas too.

Step right up, click the button and you can sit at the end of the catwalk.
Floor B
Row A
Seats 7-8

ONLY $ 5,999.00 EACH

On the official seller site, NOT a reseller.
Holy shit.

PRICE DROP ALERT!

ONLY $ 5,699.00 EACH TODAY!

moody smiley

Yow! I love the Stones dearly but those kind of prices are obscene. What average working-class fan can afford that? If those kind of prices are indicative of what they may charge if they ever come back to the NYC area, I may never be able to see them again. You'd think that with all their money they'd charge prices that fans could actually afford - other than the wealthy ones. God, in 2006 I paid only $60 for a seat at the far end of Giants Stadium. Maybe if they ever do a NY area stadium show I'll have a shot to see them at a semi-reasonable price. Otherwise, I guess 2006 was my last time...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 13, 2016 01:09

if i go it will be because i was blessed with lucky dips.

are lucky dips only going to be off the app on the 14th?
or will there be some on the 16th? also, 10:00 AM means PDT?
and did i buy my 2013 tix and zip code tix as AXS?

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: September 13, 2016 03:51

sundevil
if i go it will be because i was blessed with lucky dips.

are lucky dips only going to be off the app on the 14th?
or will there be some on the 16th? also, 10:00 AM means PDT?
and did i buy my 2013 tix and zip code tix as AXS?

Don't know about lucky dips, but yes it is 10am Pacific. I think in 2013 it was ticketmaster. Just DT and Vegas have been AXS

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 13, 2016 05:02

Gaetzi
Any speculation on what kind of stage set up Vegas will have?

Wanna place a bet? smoking smiley

Posted by: heinz57 ()
Date: September 13, 2016 06:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-13 06:54 by heinz57.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 13, 2016 07:06

bv
...For THIS thread, please concentrate on the four - 4 public shows they will be doing this fall...

I can't help wondering about this... "Public" shows? As opposed to, say, a Private show? Oh, the endless speculation...!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1960
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home