Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 3, 2016 00:31

Gaetzi
As bv pointed out, Mick is expecting another kid in December. It sounds like they did have intentions to do more shows but things change. These three gigs were likely already under contract. It really seems like this is it for the US this fall. Call it a tour, call it three gigs, call it whatever you like. At least we're still getting some live Stones!

That still gives them time to do some late October - early November shows. True, we have no idea about what is going on with his personal situation but it's atypical of their business model to roll out the touring machine and all the personnel involved and then only play 3 (albeit 2 of them massive) shows.

Of course we all realize that Mick's happiness and the health of the mother and child take a priority over money and fans and we wish them the best.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: September 3, 2016 00:36

bleedingman
Gaetzi
As bv pointed out, Mick is expecting another kid in December. It sounds like they did have intentions to do more shows but things change. These three gigs were likely already under contract. It really seems like this is it for the US this fall. Call it a tour, call it three gigs, call it whatever you like. At least we're still getting some live Stones!

That still gives them time to do some late October - early November shows. True, we have no idea about what is going on with his personal situation but it's atypical of their business model to roll out the touring machine and all the personnel involved and then only play 3 (albeit 2 of them massive) shows.

Of course we all realize that Mick's happiness and the health of the mother and child take a priority over money and fans and we wish them the best.

Another thing that should be a factor...If they want to do great shows at Desert trip and Vegas, they would have to invest just as much time rehearsing as they would for a full tour. Would they be willing to invest all that rehearsal time for only three or so shows? I hope not. Then again, Jimmy page moaned about the fact that Zep invested a similar amount of time rehearsing for their one-off reunion at the O2 and didn't continue with a tour. Then again, the Stones are not Zep so I have some hope...

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 3, 2016 01:19

If they are going to play 3 shows, 18 songs setlist with 15 warhorses... how much time do you need to rehearse? 2 days?

Yet, I've heard about 6-7 additional shows in Arenas on late October and November but with Mick's recent news maybe all the plans were canceled.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: September 3, 2016 01:55

Harpo
Still hope for Las Vegas 10/22!! Contest for tickets 10/22.

[www.kfox.com]

Well now this is certainly interesting isn't it?

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 3, 2016 03:03

JN99
Harpo
Still hope for Las Vegas 10/22!! Contest for tickets 10/22.

[www.kfox.com]

Well now this is certainly interesting isn't it?

Very interesting indeed, someone has jumped the gun it seems.

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: September 3, 2016 03:12

I would say they jumped the gun. This page on their site says tickets go on sale
September 16th at 10am

[www.kfox.com]

Date: September 3, 2016 14:49

BV, Please change the rumored 10/22 LV show to confirmed. Thank you.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 3, 2016 16:02

makemeburnthecandle
BV, Please change the rumored 10/22 LV show to confirmed. Thank you.
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out!!!!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 3, 2016 19:40

georgelicks
If they are going to play 3 shows, 18 songs setlist with 15 warhorses... how much time do you need to rehearse? 2 days?

Yet, I've heard about 6-7 additional shows in Arenas on late October and November but with Mick's recent news maybe all the plans were canceled.

One might think they'd be able to play all those hits in their sleep by now but musicians tend to get rusty if not playing for a few months. While I'm sure remembering how to play the songs is not a problem, it probably takes a couple or more weeks to shake the rust off once they start rehearsing again. I'd like to think that if they're going to invest that much time, they'd do more shows...but I could be wrong.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 3, 2016 22:00

I think the US Fall Tour 2016 will be in spring 2018.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 3, 2016 23:56

I dont see the for sale tickets on their site for the 2nd Vegas show?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 4, 2016 00:06

babyblue
I dont see the for sale tickets on their site for the 2nd Vegas show?

That's because it's not officially announced and not on sale yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-04 00:34 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: September 4, 2016 07:10

If they are going to add the 10/22 show, it makes more sense to announce it after Labor Day - so a 9/16 onsale date could be feasible.

Date: September 4, 2016 17:14

Rolling Stones To Announce 2nd Las Vegas Show
by STEVE SPOHN

The Rolling Stones are set to officially announce a second show in Las Vegas at the brand-new T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
Tickets go on sale Friday, September 16th at 10AM at AXS.com.

The iconic band already has a gig slated for Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at the same Vegas venue. It will be the first time The Stones – Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood – have played Vegas in three years. The band last performed in Sin City in May of 2013 as part of their 50 & Counting Tour.

According to The Rolling Stones website:
The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.
Here’s more on the previously scheduled Vegas date (October 19th):
The Rolling Stones will be live in Las Vegas on Wednesday, October 19th at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. The show will come on the heels of the band’s performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California October 7 and 14.

[songmango.com]

Date: September 4, 2016 17:45

MisterDDDD
by STEVE SPOHN

The Rolling Stones are set to officially announce a second show in Las Vegas at the brand-new T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
Tickets go on sale Friday, September 16th at 10AM at AXS.com.

The iconic band already has a gig slated for Wednesday, October 19, 2016, at the same Vegas venue. It will be the first time The Stones – Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood – have played Vegas in three years. The band last performed in Sin City in May of 2013 as part of their 50 & Counting Tour.

According to The Rolling Stones website:
The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.
Here’s more on the previously scheduled Vegas date (October 19th):
The Rolling Stones will be live in Las Vegas on Wednesday, October 19th at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. The show will come on the heels of the band’s performances at the legendary concert event Desert Trip in Indio, California October 7 and 14.

[songmango.com]

When was the last time that they announced one third of the set list in advance ??

By "as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue" they actually probably mean only 1 or 2 of them,probably songs that were already performed regularly from 1994 to 2007.

I am all set with dropping a grand to hear "Miss You" and the pre-programmed beat of "Sympathy for the Devil".

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 4, 2016 19:10

MisterDDDD

[songmango.com]

That "news" appeared on that site after the radio station link (and on sale info) was posted here.

At least songmango knows where to look for their info...

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 4, 2016 20:24

BV got scooped

Date: September 4, 2016 23:55

bye bye johnny
MisterDDDD

[songmango.com]

That "news" appeared on that site after the radio station link (and on sale info) was posted here.

At least songmango knows where to look for their info...

New rule:
From now on any other publication that publishes this "news" should not be referred to or reprinted because not first so not really "news".
Got it.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: September 5, 2016 00:18

No, we do NOT get it

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2016 09:16

HonkeyTonkFlash
georgelicks

One might think they'd be able to play all those hits in their sleep by now but musicians tend to get rusty if not playing for a few months. While I'm sure remembering how to play the songs is not a problem, it probably takes a couple or more weeks to shake the rust off once they start rehearsing again. I'd like to think that if they're going to invest that much time, they'd do more shows...but I could be wrong.

No problem. Keith basically made us suckers pay for it as he knocked the rust off, live, on the 2012 and 2013 tours. Then again, if they're secretly recording, sprucing up the Blues Album, and working on the new material, they couldn't be too rusty.

Date: September 5, 2016 17:27

24FPS
HonkeyTonkFlash
georgelicks

No problem. Keith basically made us suckers pay for it as he knocked the rust off, live, on the 2012 and 2013 tours. Then again, if they're secretly recording, sprucing up the Blues Album, and working on the new material, they couldn't be too rusty.

That's a good possibility; that they're playing in the studio and sufficiently loose enough to be somewhat stage-ready.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: September 5, 2016 21:13

Didn't Chuck mention activity in September/October?

I'd think they'll be in LA rehearsing again in the next couple of weeks... Sentries be on guard! Hahaha! We need feet on the ground! Seems to make sense as they're doin' the Southland and Vegas...

I'm hopin' that with an announcement of another Vegas show, maybe they'll add in a special theme or flavor for those 2 shows at T-Mobile... Blues nights perhaps? That would spice up the demand for those 2 gigs and set them apart from the Desert Blitz in Indio.

Just booked Vegas from 10-17 thru 10-24... It's good to have friends livin' in all the right suburbs! See you all at T-Mobile!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: September 5, 2016 21:17

TKinOH

I'd think they'll be in LA rehearsing again in the next couple of weeks... Sentries be on guard! Hahaha! We need feet on the ground! Seems to make sense as they're doin' the Southland and Vegas...

I'm hopin' that with an announcement of another Vegas show, maybe they'll add in a special theme or flavor for those 2 shows at T-Mobile... Blues nights perhaps? That would spice up the demand for those 2 gigs and set them apart from the Desert Blitz in Indio.

Just booked Vegas from 10-17 thru 10-24... It's good to have friends livin' in all the right suburbs! See you all at T-Mobile!

Las Vegas setlist were always the worst. Nearly stadium setlists even at The Joint. Forget about blues nights. You'll get more likely Like A Rolling Stone and shit like that.

Date: September 5, 2016 21:27

I'm ever the optimist, but I can guarantee I'll never come away from a Stones gig disappointed! I enjoy them, to put it mildly...

Takin' my buddy Chris, a childhood friend who's never seen The Stones... Retired Navy vet livin' in Vegas now... It'll be fun to see if they win him over in 2 hours time as he's a cynical mo...

I'm ready!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: September 5, 2016 21:29

bleedingman
Gaetzi

I seem to recall him doing a show the night Jerry had a baby (Gabriel)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-09-05 21:32 by georgeV.

Date: September 5, 2016 21:41

They had 2 shows left in'97... Atlanta and St.Louis I believe... PPV commitments for St.Louis too.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 5, 2016 21:44

TKinOH

Chuck is playing with David Gilmour in London September 23-30.

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: September 6, 2016 06:00

I look for them to stop actually touring and set up blocks of dates at a few venues around the world and the tour will come to them. e.g. T-Mobile in Vegas, New York and London. Just a hunch

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 6, 2016 07:36

This is NOT looking good for a mini tour, other than Vagas. I don't ever recall a tour announced this late..it is already Sept 6, no dates on the books yet for Oct or Nov. Maybe they just decided not to add shows after Vagas. I doubt it has anything to do with Mick's new baby. I didn't think the ballerina was due until next year! I may have to go to the Wednesday Oct 19 show! I HATE flying!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: September 6, 2016 07:56

TKinOH
... but I can guarantee I'll never come away from a Stones gig disappointed! I enjoy them, to put it mildly...

!

This is one of the the top reasons I am such a big time Stones fan and devotee...
every Stones show I have ever been to... after every show people were ecstatic, buzzing, happy, chatty, in a good mood and talking about how great it was... and in the bars/parties afterwards... such a good time... so many good times.

It will be interesting to see how the Fall tour turns out.
It would not be surprised to see them announce 3-4 weeks before, drop tickets in a week and all shows be sell outs.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home