Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 26, 2016 00:28

I would expect something from the Blues covers album to
be played at these October shows. Seems like the proper
way to get the word out about the December release.

Date: August 26, 2016 00:30

swimtothemoon
I would expect something from the Blues covers album to
be played at these October shows. Seems like the proper
way to get the word out about the December release.

Yes and Maybe a guest appearance by Slow Hand himself!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 26, 2016 01:09

jumpontopofmebaby
Yes and Maybe a guest appearance by Slow Hand himself!

Ooohhhhh... Yes please!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 26, 2016 01:32

MonkeyMan2000
I think in the last four years Keith sang and played the best on the Australian leg of the 14 on Fire tour, judging by many, many YouTube videos :-)

...that's because Keef knew that Rockman was in the audience smileys with beer

Date: August 26, 2016 01:53

BluzDude
MonkeyMan2000
I think in the last four years Keith sang and played the best on the Australian leg of the 14 on Fire tour, judging by many, many YouTube videos :-)

...that's because Keef knew that Rockman was in the audience smileys with beer

Rumour - and pictures - have him on the damn stage!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 26, 2016 03:08

HonkeyTonkFlash
Winning Ugly VXII
Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII
I would be fine with a mini-tour if it did not end in Vegas.

I don't want to see the Stones go out with their last show in America being held in Las Vegas.

Add 2 concerts ..... Red Rocks and MetLife Stadium (or,better yet,the Coney Island Amphitheatre).

They have not had a show in the northeastern United States in more than 3 years so,it would sell.

I would think Buffalo is the northeastern US

Buffalo is quite a long distance from the coastal areas.

Plus, if they're doing a limited run, Buffalo got a show on Zip Code. The NYC area did not. Please, dear God give us a show in the NYC area MetLife stadium would be great!

In late Oct or early Nov. I don't think so.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 26, 2016 03:21

mtaylor
HonkeyTonkFlash
duke richardson
To whoever referred to Charlie as the 'weak link' -

that's just crazy talk ..

I really hate saying this but if there's any "weak link" it would be Keith. I love him to death but his skills have been in a slow decline for quite awhile, whereas Mick, Ronnie and Charlie are still playing extremely well.

I guess Keith realized his limits and has adjusted his playing and performance since 2012 in a good way. Much less posing and focusing on playing basic guitar with lots of support from Ronnie.

I would agree as Keith did a great job the last few tours for the reasons you stated.
Might have to give credit to Mick Taylor during the 50 and Counting tour which gave Keith new focus to do what he does best.
I'd say Ronnie is the weak link no matter how 'great' he's playing, but it's nice to see him sober and taking his job more seriously these days.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 26, 2016 05:06

There is no wink link. Asses. Stones could have anyone in world playing with them. It's always best when it's just them.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 26, 2016 14:17

More Hot Rocks
HonkeyTonkFlash
Winning Ugly VXII
Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII
I would be fine with a mini-tour if it did not end in Vegas.

I don't want to see the Stones go out with their last show in America being held in Las Vegas.

Add 2 concerts ..... Red Rocks and MetLife Stadium (or,better yet,the Coney Island Amphitheatre).

They have not had a show in the northeastern United States in more than 3 years so,it would sell.

I would think Buffalo is the northeastern US

Buffalo is quite a long distance from the coastal areas.

Plus, if they're doing a limited run, Buffalo got a show on Zip Code. The NYC area did not. Please, dear God give us a show in the NYC area MetLife stadium would be great!

In late Oct or early Nov. I don't think so.

Hey, in 1989 they played stadium gigs in October; the weather was fine.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Date: August 26, 2016 14:20

2120Joe
There is no wink link. Asses. Stones could have anyone in world playing with them. It's always best when it's just them.

There's no denying that Keith's abilities have been declining. I'd hate to to see him continue until he becomes embarrassing like Chuck Berry. However, he's handled the situation well. He has the sense not to attempt anything too flashy or speedy. he plays simply and does it very well. Gotta give him props for that.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: August 26, 2016 18:15

HonkeyTonkFlash
2120Joe

There's no denying that Keith's abilities have been declining. I'd hate to to see him continue until he becomes embarrassing like Chuck Berry. However, he's handled the situation well. He has the sense not to attempt anything too flashy or speedy. he plays simply and does it very well. Gotta give him props for that.

I absolutely love Keith but agree with this 100%. Sadly, age gets the better of us all in the end and Keith is no exception. He's managed to keep it together pretty well and limit what he does, or tries to do but I do sincerely miss some of his playing that's gone now...

Date: August 26, 2016 21:54

JN99
HonkeyTonkFlash
2120Joe

I absolutely love Keith but agree with this 100%. Sadly, age gets the better of us all in the end and Keith is no exception. He's managed to keep it together pretty well and limit what he does, or tries to do but I do sincerely miss some of his playing that's gone now...

Yeah, you really notice it if you listen to something recent like Hyde Park Live - which I do love - and then listen to something like Tokyo Dome. Once upon a time Keith had seriously ferocious chops! He's still Keef but I miss that flash!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 27, 2016 05:16

One city and one city only. Toronto!!!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 27, 2016 08:04

With only Indio and Vegas confirmed (which are apprx. 180 miles apart by plane) for a total of three shows, could this be a world record for the smallest/shortest 'tour' ever by any band?
Even with the possibility of a second Vegas show, this might be one for the Guiness Book of World Records! But can this even considered a 'tour'? And if so, is there going to be a name for it?

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 27, 2016 10:14

Hairball
With only Indio and Vegas confirmed (which are apprx. 180 miles apart by plane) for a total of three shows, could this be a world record for the smallest/shortest 'tour' ever by any band?
Even with the possibility of a second Vegas show, this might be one for the Guiness Book of World Records! But can this even considered a 'tour'? And if so, is there going to be a name for it?

The shortest Stones tour was in 1968 - 2 songs. Ha ha ha.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 27, 2016 18:22

I think Keith's low was 20 years ago when Blondie covered for him from the side of the stage. He is back and playing strong. Wish his vocals were more prominent.

Date: August 27, 2016 19:46

2120Joe
I think Keith's low was 20 years ago when Blondie covered for him from the side of the stage. He is back and playing strong. Wish his vocals were more prominent.

20 years ago? They didn't tour in 1996 so do you mean Voodoo or Bridges? Keith was playing very well back then...

Date: August 28, 2016 01:03

HonkeyTonkFlash
2120Joe

20 years ago? They didn't tour in 1996 so do you mean Voodoo or Bridges? Keith was playing very well back then... Plus, when Blondie played guitar on the Licks and Bigger Bang tours he wasn't covering for Keith. You could hear Keith clearly, mistakes and all. Blondie was playing supporting parts and was barely audible.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 28, 2016 11:07

2120Joe

blondie contributed a lot. i saw him totally cover for ron wood 1 show with keith doing the heavy lifting. think that was the last really great stones show i saw. i went to a bunch on the abb & licks tour. several good 1s on the licks tour. i also saw blondie a few years ago with brian wilson on the tour with jeff beck. he was fantastic. a great, underrated musician.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 29, 2016 05:28

When I saw Brian Wilson in July, Blondie stole the show!!!

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: August 29, 2016 06:17

Hairball

Desert Drive-by.

(Mick joked that his El Rey show was the first and last of his world tour, or words to that effect)

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 29, 2016 12:30

DeanGoodman
Hairball

Desert Drive-by.

(Mick joked that his El Rey show was the first and last of his world tour, or words to that effect)

So maybe they should call this the "Sweet Virginia tour" or even the "Toe Nail tour"

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 29, 2016 15:48

HonkeyTonkFlash
... Once upon a time Keith had seriously ferocious chops! [...] I miss that flash!

Yup!

And remember: many people over here at IORR called it "posing ", in those days...

P.S.: I object to the use of the word "once" in your sentence. winking smiley

Date: August 29, 2016 16:50

Will there be a new thread when there is actual news about any Fall tour? [Grumble]
#gotmyhopesup #crushingdisappointment #jonesingforstones

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 17:31

..."A Quick one" Tour should be fine!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: August 29, 2016 18:17

okay this is a bit harsh, but since this is the california desert.....

"no dogs on stage, no dead bodies this time"

Posted by: Rollingmania50 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 19:03

EXHIBITIONSM NY
12/11 opening (775 Washington St.)

MSG available dates November 10,11,13,14
there will be shows on that date?

please help!!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 29, 2016 19:36

Rollingmania50
EXHIBITIONSM NY
12/11 opening (775 Washington St.)

MSG available dates November 10,11,13,14
there will be shows on that date?

please help!!
ofcourse there will be shows, but No Stones gigs.
Jeroen

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: August 29, 2016 20:10

Maybe there will be a couple of gigs or maybe not...They could make some TV & Radio appearances to promote Blues album and in the same time working on the new studio album in New York area...I've read that new Mick's child will born in December and Mick's girlfriend live in New York, so this could be a good scenario...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 31, 2016 13:30

Hairball

I would agree as Keith did a great job the last few tours for the reasons you stated.

I'd say Ronnie is the weak link no matter how 'great' he's playing, but it's nice to see him sober and taking his job more seriously these days.

To me Ronnie carries the band these days and live Keef is a burden.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home