Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: August 21, 2016 21:45

Winning Ugly VXII
I would be fine with a mini-tour if it did not end in Vegas.

I don't want to see the Stones go out with their last show in America being held in Las Vegas.

Add 2 concerts ..... Red Rocks and MetLife Stadium (or,better yet,the Coney Island Amphitheatre).

They have not had a show in the northeastern United States in more than 3 years so,it would sell.

I would think Buffalo is the northeastern US

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 21, 2016 22:09

Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII

I don't want to see the Stones go out with their last show in America being held in Las Vegas.

Add 2 concerts ..... Red Rocks and MetLife Stadium (or,better yet,the Coney Island Amphitheatre).

They have not had a show in the northeastern United States in more than 3 years so,it would sell.

The perfect end in US would be 2-5 nights at MSG in November together with the Exhibition.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 21, 2016 22:45

jlowe
The Joker
My wild bet is they will plat live till Charlie's 80 birthday
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

I don't forsee any big announcement or link to births/anniversaries happening.
Unless of course a health issue intervenes.
Certainly no Last Waltz, which doesn't seem to be Mick's style at all.

They should look at the final Tragically Hip tour. The show last night was awesome. Total class & very powerful. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Of course the elephant in the room was Gordon Downie doesn't have much time left. He'd definitely going out with his boots on.smileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 21, 2016 23:43

crholmstrom
jlowe
The Joker
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

They should look at the final Tragically Hip tour. The show last night was awesome. Total class & very powerful. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Of course the elephant in the room was Gordon Downie doesn't have much time left. He'd definitely going out with his boots on.smileys with beer

Found an article this morning that a decision to stop touring requires no rehearsals. And that was from Gord. We will get some barn burner shows from the Stones only the tour schedule will be shorter.

Date: August 21, 2016 23:53

shattered
crholmstrom
jlowe
The Joker
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

Found an article this morning that a decision to stop touring requires no rehearsals. And that was from Gord. We will get some barn burner shows from the Stones only the tour schedule will be shorter.

Bill preferred touring without rehearsals. He found rehearsals boring.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 22, 2016 00:16

mtaylor
shattered
crholmstrom
jlowe
The Joker
It will be simply called
The old dudes tour

Bill preferred touring without rehearsals. He found rehearsals boring.

Sorry, I meant to just stop touring not a rehearsal practice before a show. Didn't Keith Moon do the same and not rehearse? I didn't know about Bill. Thanks.

Date: August 22, 2016 01:32

Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII

Buffalo is quite a long distance from the coastal areas.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 22, 2016 02:28

Winning Ugly VXII
Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII

Plus, if they're doing a limited run, Buffalo got a show on Zip Code. The NYC area did not. Please, dear God give us a show in the NYC area MetLife stadium would be great!

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 22, 2016 05:15

NYC is out. Toronto is in......I hope.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: August 22, 2016 18:42

NYC is assured

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 22, 2016 18:55

potus43
NYC is assured

Of what? It seems this run ends in Vegas.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: August 22, 2016 19:05

Adding NYC & London makes a lot of sense. Profit maximization.

Posted by: mkbbci ()
Date: August 23, 2016 04:13

once in a while,my information is not correct.i was wrong about the 15 north american dates.thankyou to bjorn for telling us about the mini-tour of only 3 or 4 shows.i,m guessing perhaps they want to spend more time on the new jagger-richards album.i also have reason to believe that the band is making huge money from the exhibitionism travelling museum,which hits new York in November.as bjornulf says,mick and the boys are privileged to be able to change their plans pretty well whenever they want.i think they have earned the right.as far as anything further the stones do and give us as being a bonus,i probably agree.my only reservation is that millions of us have spent tons of money on the stones over the years.if there was any way to lower ticket prices,it would be awesome.many people just can,t afford these prices.they all have more money than they will ever need.nevertheless ,let,s just be thankful that they still love to tour at their age!LOL.i think mick jagger is the modern day peter pan.he puts many guys 20 years old to shame with his endless energy.i,m also told that mick fears anonymity more than death.that, a good thing -keep rolling,the fabulous stones.lol

Date: August 24, 2016 04:40

Winning Ugly VXII
Amy340
Winning Ugly VXII

To put this in perspective,Ralph Wilson Stadium (now called New Era Field) is roughly 450 miles (roughly 725 kilometers) from Montauk Point,New York where the Stones once rehearsed. It's approximately an 8 and a half hour drive.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 24, 2016 10:12

The Joker

Cholie's definitely the "weak" link. My guess is one day his desire to live a quiet life will be stronger than his loyalty to the band. At that point it'll be over.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 24, 2016 11:34

dcba
The Joker

Cholie's definitely the "weak" link. My guess is one day his desire to live a quiet life will be stronger than his loyalty to the band. At that point it'll be over.

Weak link at 75?? Plus with the Europe plans for next year that makes 76.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: August 24, 2016 18:52

soulrob
Let's not be so U.S. centric. Try New York, LA, Toronto and London!

Chicago is not nearly the size of Toronto or London and they have much more history in both those cities

While Chicago isn't as big as London, by any metric it's a bigger city than Toronto;

City population ; Chicago 2.7 million Toronto 2.6 million

Metro area Population ; Chicago 9.7 million, Toronto 5.6 million

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2016 22:06

If The Rolling Stones went for the highest population they would have to play these cities.

Number of million people in the urban area of the cities:

Tokyo 38
Jakarta 30
Delhi 25
Manila 24
New York City 24
Sao Paulo 20
Mexico City 20

Los Angeles and Chicago are on the "top 50" list,. also Paris and London. But there are many many other multi-million urban areas to visit if the Stones went by size of the urban population. They don't go by size, they go by what they like and what is new and what is remaining on the shortlist these days.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 24, 2016 23:48

bv
They don't go by size, they go by what they like and what is new and what is remaining on the shortlist these days.

Like Toronto!!! Yaaaay!!!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: August 25, 2016 05:20

Isn't it... Toronto Eh!

-Jambeh

Date: August 25, 2016 05:25

Mick Jagger is the modern day peter pan. He puts many guys 20 years old to shame with his endless energy. I'm also told that Mick fears anonymity more than death. That, a good thing -keep rolling,the fabulous Stones.

smileys with beer Cheers to that!!!
Anyone not impressed with Mick Jagger/The Rolling Stones is unimpressive.

STONES!!!

Less than 2 months until more live Stones, I am getting excited!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-08-25 05:26 by jambay.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 25, 2016 06:36

To whoever referred to Charlie as the 'weak link' -

that's just crazy talk ..

Date: August 25, 2016 08:32

duke richardson

that is insane talk... weak link schmink link

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 25, 2016 14:10

I'm looking forwards to hearing lots if old blues tunes played in Las Vegas - from their forthcoming album!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 25, 2016 14:36

Toronto!!!

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 25, 2016 15:10

duke richardson

I really hate saying this but if there's any "weak link" it would be Keith. I love him to death but his skills have been in a slow decline for quite awhile, whereas Mick, Ronnie and Charlie are still playing extremely well.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: August 25, 2016 17:33

thecitadel
I'm looking forwards to hearing lots if old blues tunes played in Las Vegas - from their forthcoming album!

Na, I don't think so. In Vegas they play stadium tracklistings even in the club shows. Chances are good for getting Like A Rolling Stone...

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: August 25, 2016 18:31

mtaylor
The perfect end in US would be 2-5 nights at MSG in November together with the Exhibition.

Don't forget Philly. It is still on the table also, or at least that is what I have been told. But don't quote me on that 'cause I don't know sh*t.

Fred

Date: August 26, 2016 00:04

HonkeyTonkFlash
duke richardson

I really hate saying this but if there's any "weak link" it would be Keith. I love him to death but his skills have been in a slow decline for quite awhile, whereas Mick, Ronnie and Charlie are still playing extremely well.

I guess Keith realized his limits and has adjusted his playing and performance since 2012 in a good way. Much less posing and focusing on playing basic guitar with lots of support from Ronnie.

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: August 26, 2016 00:25

I think in the last four years Keith sang and played the best on the Australian leg of the 14 on Fire tour, judging by many, many YouTube videos :-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home