Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:36

swimtothemoon
Seems I read their contract now limits the number of shows to 15. If my memory
is correct, one of the four members insisted on this maximum.

Correct.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:45

There will be more shows. They do only announce shows where the early date of announcement is needed due to special reasons. Most shows will be announced on a much shorter notice. They work on a 6-12 months unconfirmed, not signed up for schedule. Then they sign up for and announce just a short while before the shows will happen. That is the privilege of being the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:53

Tusen takk, BV!

Let's just all stay patient, eh?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 11, 2016 11:06

There will be more.......great

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 11, 2016 11:54

bv
There will be more shows. They do only announce shows where the early date of announcement is needed due to special reasons. Most shows will be announced on a much shorter notice. They work on a 6-12 months unconfirmed, not signed up for schedule. Then they sign up for and announce just a short while before the shows will happen. That is the privilege of being the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world.

Yeah and then the stadium shows in Europe are half filled like in and around Germany 06/07.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 11, 2016 14:01

bv

The promoters sure hate it though! They would much rather hold the $ & draw interest on it for months. I personally like the short notice. By the time I saw the Who last tour, it had been a year & a half since I bought the tickets.

Date: July 11, 2016 14:13

Thanks BV. Any idea as to the special reason that the 10/19 Vegas show needed to be announced early?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 11, 2016 15:38

crholmstrom
bv

The promoters sure hate it though! They would much rather hold the $ & draw interest on it for months. I personally like the short notice. By the time I saw the Who last tour, it had been a year & a half since I bought the tickets.

The promoters might not like it but it's the Stones that call the shots and that is great to know that it is the stones that dictate to the promoters and not the other way round.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 11, 2016 15:44

bv

Hi BV,

Any hints about when and where and the possible release of a new CD?

Date: July 11, 2016 17:13

I think announcing dates one at a time is the new tactic for the promoters. It creates some urgency for the true fan that wants to see them. And with only one or two options on the table they are able to once again raise the ticket price and still fill the arenas because it makes the appearance that there are only a few shows to choose from. So they announce one show and then once that one sells well They will add another then another.

See If I am right. See if they just drop the dates for a show or two at a time this time around. Wait till they sell. Then announce a couple more.

Date: July 11, 2016 17:55

MisterDDDD
MidnightDevilRambler
reg thorpe
HMS
The only reason for this fall tour is the same as with the previous tours.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

X2

They tour because that's what they do.

Thank Gawd.

...for the money.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 11, 2016 18:24

MidnightDevilRambler

...for the money.

Yup.
Tough to debate in that every professional band that tours does it "for the money".
You're on to 'em allright..

Date: July 11, 2016 19:14

MisterDDDD
MidnightDevilRambler

...for the money.

Yup.
Tough to debate in that every professional band that tours does it "for the money".

It's painfully obvious that your ticket prices experiences differ from mine and the population of IORR at large.

So in the spirit of backing my keyboard up with facts....

[webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com]

Top 10 Most Expensive Concert Tickets
As any music fan will tell you, it's not cheap to go to concerts.

And the biggest names--from rock to pop--command top dollar with ticket prices as high as $624, 24/7 Wall St. reports.

It's not just hot, young artists, such as Justin Timberlake and One Direction, who get top dollar for tickets. Iconic bands, such as The Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac, are raking it in, too.

To identify the musical artists commanding the highest ticket prices in 2013, 24/7 Wall St. analyzed data from TiqIQ, Forbes, the Record Industry Association of America and Billboard.

The top 10 most expensive concert tickets in 2013:

1. The Rolling Stones
Average ticket price: $624
Most recent album: Hyde Park Live (2013)

2. One Direction
Average ticket price: $460
Most recent album: Midnight Memories (2013)

3. Maroon 5
Average ticket price: $364
Most recent album: Overexposed (2012)

4. The Eagles
Average ticket price: $354
Most recent album: Long Road Out of Eden (2007)

5. Justin Timberlake
Average ticket price: $339
Most recent album: The 20/20 Experience (2013)

6. Roger Waters
Average ticket price: $314
Most recent album: Ca Ira (2005)

7. Beyoncé
Average ticket price: $282
Most recent album: Beyoncé (2013)

8. Fleetwood Mac
Average ticket price: $282
Most recent album: Preaching the Blues (2011)

9. Pink
Average ticket price: $270
Most recent album: The Truth About Love (2012)

10. Paul McCartney
Average ticket price: $241
Most recent album: Kisses on the Bottom (2012)

Fun facts to know and tell, assembled by 24/7 Wall St.:
The older bands, such as The Eagles, are commanding top ticket prices because fans realize this could be the last time the group tours.
Six of the 10 performers with the highest ticket prices were also among the richest in 2013 in terms of gross revenue, according to Forbes.
Three of the top five younger bands released top-selling albums in 2013. In addition, they had three songs at the top of the charts.
--From the Editors at Netscape

As another datapoint they came in only second on this list...
[www.digitalmusicnews.com]

Never did I say they don't put on a great show. I have seen them 10 times in the last 18 years. It is the value proposition, especially with the static setlists, that gives most of us the heartburn.

Thanks!

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-11 19:14 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Date: July 11, 2016 19:34

Again, no real argument with the fact that the tickets can be expensive Mike.
Like I said, you're on to 'em.

I wouldn't pay top dollar for most of the shows I go to either.
Fortunately, there are always many more affordable options and often Lucky Dips.
Go Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-11 20:07 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 11, 2016 23:43

Monsoon Ragoon wrote:

"Yeah and then the stadium shows in Europe are half filled like in and around Germany 06/07."

I don't think the reason was the fact (?) that they announced the tour a short while before the shows happened. To be honest, I don't even remember whether that was the case in 2006/07. But for sure there were serious problems then. A lot of people were astir due the to the cancellations (I mean, after Keith's accident). In addition, speaking about Germany, Football World Cup Tournament took place there in the summer of 2006 - remember? I remind you that the Stones had cancelled 3 gigs in France in 1998 and the reason was the World Cup Tournament... Also, we had high frequency of Stones tours, in those years. European gigs in 1998, 1999, 2003,2006,2007...

The conditions are complete different now.

Date: July 12, 2016 00:00

MidnightDevilRambler
MisterDDDD
MidnightDevilRambler

...for the money.

Yup.

It's painfully obvious that your ticket prices experiences differ from mine and the population of IORR at large.

1. The Rolling Stones

*Also-
Billboard has the accurate tour data.
The Rolling Stones were #6 on the list of top tour grosses with only 23 gigs in 2013 with an average price of $386 per ticket.

THE ROLLING STONES
Total Gross: $126,182,391
Total Attendance: 326,998
Total Capacity: 326,998
No. of Shows: 23
No. of Sellouts: 23

[www.billboard.com]

I went to five and spent no more than $200 per show on great seats.
You're welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-12 00:02 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 12, 2016 01:52

Thanks BV. I STILL counted more than 15, but hey, if you all say it will be restricted to 15 stops/shows, we can only wait and see.....and pray for a few MORE! Glad that they are touring at all! I'll be exerting a lot more effort to get to several shows this time.
The Stones ARE known for surprises so expect the unexpected!

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 12, 2016 03:50

Thanks BV for commenting, We're in Oakland and missing us some Stones for sure!

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: July 12, 2016 05:44

BV your post made me smile! Thanks!smiling smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 12, 2016 17:31

Thanks for the update BV!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 12, 2016 19:24

MisterDDDD
MidnightDevilRambler
MisterDDDD
MidnightDevilRambler

...for the money.

Yup.

1. The Rolling Stones

*Also-
Billboard has the accurate tour data.
The Rolling Stones were #6 on the list of top tour grosses with only 23 gigs in 2013 with an average price of $386 per ticket.

THE ROLLING STONES
Total Gross: $126,182,391
Total Attendance: 326,998
Total Capacity: 326,998
No. of Shows: 23
No. of Sellouts: 23

[www.billboard.com]

I went to five and spent no more than $200 per show on great seats.
You're welcome.

I would add that the 2014 stadium shows in smaller cities in the US were very fairly priced. It was actually the 2013 US arena tour that was very expensive. The Vegas show is priced very high, but I know a number of IORR members managed to get "lucky dip" seats, so they are going for less than $100. It all depends on where you live, effort and luck, I guess.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: July 12, 2016 20:46

For Zip Code show last summer, I sat as close as I've ever been to the stage, and for least amount of money since the Licks tour. I don't think we'll be getting the same deal this fall, with the show going back under a roof and in major markets.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: July 12, 2016 21:24

Ok this is just plain odd now. There is no way the Stones "machine" gets pulled out of storage for two festival shows and one arena show. You mean to tell me they are going to custom downsize the stage for one single arena gig? It just doesn't make any sense....one arena show and send the entire entourage and crew home? Put the gear back in storage? Seems very very very unlikely to me.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 12, 2016 22:03

Um, we already know they are doing a tour much longer than 3 shows

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 12, 2016 22:25

mnewman505
Ok this is just plain odd now. There is no way the Stones "machine" gets pulled out of storage for two festival shows and one arena show. You mean to tell me they are going to custom downsize the stage for one single arena gig? It just doesn't make any sense....one arena show and send the entire entourage and crew home? Put the gear back in storage? Seems very very very unlikely to me.

With all the aging baby boomers paying top dollar for "the experience", I am taking a guess the Stones are getting 14 million for two shows at The Desert Trip. So this all works out financially with just Las Vegas added. But I do believe there will be more dates, that they are getting firmed up. Mid-October is still three months away.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: July 12, 2016 23:38

BV has already said there will be more shows. And if BV says it, take it to the bank!

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 13, 2016 15:24

keefmick
BV has already said there will be more shows. And if BV says it, take it to the bank!

thumbs up

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 13, 2016 17:33

Jesus, really? People still going on about "only 3 shows"?

Get with it.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 13, 2016 21:04

GasLightStreet
Jesus, really? People still going on about "only 3 shows"?

Get with it.

Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

Posted by: StreetFightinMan ()
Date: July 13, 2016 21:17

makemeburnthecandle
Thanks BV. Any idea as to the special reason that the 10/19 Vegas show needed to be announced early?

I hope it's for a pay-per-view concert!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home