Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:18

reg thorpe
HMS
The only reason for this fall tour is the same as with the previous tours.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Agree. If they would still be touring mainly for the fun of it (as they say) they would maybe not play the whole Dirty Work album, but at least we wouldn't be getting mainly the same setlist since almost four years - with 85% greatest hits and/or live standards meanwhile in new or forgotten markets.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:41

so 3 shows is a fall tour ?

Date: July 8, 2016 22:04

reg thorpe
HMS

X2

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 9, 2016 00:58

MidnightDevilRambler
reg thorpe
HMS

X2

They tour because that's what they do.

Thank Gawd.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 01:07

Still no real news ..hope something next week!!

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: July 9, 2016 07:56

As with the sudden implosion of AC/DC... this could all end tomorrow...
I wont nitpick at my favorite band... I have just been enjoying it while I still can.

I am ready for this new album and the Fall tour, it is going to be fun.

STONES!!!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:25

AC/DC aren't done yet.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 9, 2016 19:32

GasLightStreet
AC/DC aren't done yet.

At the moment they are like Ronnie Wood touring with some hired guns as The Rolling Stones.

Date: July 9, 2016 19:38

HMS
GasLightStreet
AC/DC aren't done yet.

At the moment they are like Ronnie Wood touring with some hired guns as The Rolling Stones.

Seeing that Woody is not an original Stone, your quip is ignorant.

Date: July 9, 2016 20:02

GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
AC/DC aren't done yet.

Well....
At the moment they are like Keith Richards touring with some hired guns as The Rolling Stones.

Hope you like it bettersmiling smiley

Posted by: GlimmerTimes2 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 21:25

TheGreek

At their age, pretty soon one show will be a tour and eventually one song will turn into a whole concert smiling smiley

Date: July 9, 2016 21:33

GlimmerTimes2
TheGreek

At their age, pretty soon one show will be a tour and eventually one song will turn into a whole concert smiling smiley

...and that one song of course is Miss You.smiling bouncing smiley

Date: July 9, 2016 21:37

HMS
GasLightStreet
HMS
GasLightStreet
AC/DC aren't done yet.

Well....
At the moment they are like Keith Richards touring with some hired guns as The Rolling Stones.

Hope you like it bettersmiling smiley

At least you got it historically accurate.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 9, 2016 22:22

Depends how you look at it. I think he had it right before. Malcolm was kind of the Keith Richards of AC/DC. He played all the riffs. Did the dirty work. Angus is the flash. At any rate AC/DC with just Angus is done in my book.

Date: July 9, 2016 23:27

I will relish every moment The Rolling Stones can offer (as I have been doing for the last 20-25 years) without a dim word or nit picking or complaining like so many do. As AC/DC showed this could all go away any moment... just like most everything else has.... as I grow older and older and older.

The band that AC/DC was 5-10 years ago is gone and never coming back. I am delighted I got it while the getting was good, and I thank them very much for the good times... like that time we were front row and Slash's Snakepit opened and blasting canons closed with AC/DC rocking it hard in the middle ... And that other time AC/DC pushed a button and suddenly started dropping money from the ceiling and without giving it a thought my body ran down to the floor from our balcony seats blasting right past naysayingsecurity and scooped up about 40-50 of those bills... and then happily went back up to our seats and handed everyone sitting around us AC/DC money.. that was so much fun...And that time we saw Let there be Rock at the movies... and that other time we...

...but this thread is about The Stones and the upcoming tour and and album although I cannot afford to see them like some people do, I will see them as many times I can live in person and scope the rest.

Get it while the getting is good eat em and smile

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 9, 2016 23:40

I can't see them doing just 3 shows why botoher? right..

Date: July 10, 2016 03:05

What makes anyone think the Stones are doing "just 3 shows"?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 10, 2016 03:38

They are doing more than 3 shows for gods sake, some people just can't wait, the ZIP CODE tour announcement was 50 days before of the first show, we're almost 90 days from the first show now, so still plenty of time.

They are touring on October/November, the rest of the shows will be announced soon.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 10, 2016 04:59

Perhaps a little teaser paragraph from BV would mellow the masses... Or an encouraging sentence... Any glimmer of hope!

I know everything I'm doing this Summer and Fall is with an eye on September/October/November to coincide with Rolling Stones tour dates. I just wanna make some concrete plans!

High hopes for Seattle/Vancouver/Portland, as my best bud and his wife are in Puyallup, and I've never visited the PNW. They were livin' in Houston in 2013, but no Stones shows to plan around, so we checked out The Priest in Corpus Christ in 2014... Great times and great weather compared to the OH Winter's onset.

I'd prioritize gigs at the LA Forum, as it's been on my bucket list since bein' shut out due to an NHL lockout in '94... My plan morphed from a Kings game to The Stones at the MGM instead. Fate smiled on me anyways!

Exhibitionism would bring me into The Big Apple for the first time, and havin' shows at MSG would be phenomenal to check them both off, as I'm sure it will for many.

Shows in my neck of the woods in Cincinnati/Cleveland/Louisville are my selfish choices of course, but I may be lookin' at Chicago as the nearest like in 2013.

Still curious to see whether we're rockin' indoors or outdoors, or both, in other cities...

Three shows does not a Rolling Stones tour make!

Date: July 10, 2016 06:37

I kind of like the not selling tickets/holding peoples money 9-12 months in advance like so many acts do.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 10, 2016 20:00

Wow, so quiet here, no rumours or anything. I thought there was talk of a second Vegas show. Where are our people in the know?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2016 21:53

Shouldn't their new cd/album come out BEFORE the actual tour dates are announced or will that happen simaltaneously?
I have heard from pretty reliable sources that the fall USA tour is an ARENA TOUR..THANK GOD! I hate stadiums! Their concert in the desert is outside, in the DESERT and in the HEAT....not desirable for so many reasons! The Stones won't feel that it's a competition.
Neil Young----BORING!
Dylan----plays for himself, BORING!
Paul is ALWAYS GREAT! Accept it, move on.
The WHO- ALWAYS DYNAMIC but the Stones know this!
Roger Waters--can be great, we'll see.
I look forward to 30+ cities in the USA, all arenas under 25,000 seats plus a few theatres thrown in..Radio City, the Beacon etc.
One thing we DO know..it will be EXPENSIVE!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 10, 2016 23:09

mickschix
I look forward to 30+ cities in the USA

They will play maximum 15 shows. Multiple shows per city, most likely.

Date: July 11, 2016 00:22

I would think they would want to announce in August and not around labor day weekend when people are focused on the holiday.

Any speculation where they would go first after Vegas? Lets say there is a 10/22 Vegas show and they would play perhaps 10/25 (my birthday!) next.

Do you think they would jump all the way to the east coast for the remaining 10-11 shows or midwest?

I would think NYC area would get 3 shows which would leave 8 remaining shows.

Would they then split these up accross 4 cities or 2 six cities with 2 getting a second night?

My guess would be this:

CHI 2 TOR 2 PHL 2 and BOS2.
However, if DC got one it would be PHL 1 as many PHL people like myself often go to NYC for Stones and it is not an unreasonable 90-120 minute trip from out market.

Or are they doing east coast shows only? This could open up the possiblity of maybe even Miami?

Like everyone else here I am trying to plan the rest of my year and see how many monkees shows I can go to as well lol

Date: July 11, 2016 01:00

ERIKJJF, how do you know that? 15 shows is not much, why bother to set up such a big stage for only 15 shows. They ALWAYS play multiple shows in the big cities with a day off between..if you really have inside info, what cities are they looking at?
Hopefully Boston, Philly, NYC, Montreal, Hartford, L.A, Chicago....any others?

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 11, 2016 01:21

mickschix
ERIKJJF, how do you know that? 15 shows is not much, why bother to set up such a big stage for only 15 shows. They ALWAYS play multiple shows in the big cities with a day off between..if you really have inside info, what cities are they looking at?
Hopefully Boston, Philly, NYC, Montreal, Hartford, L.A, Chicago....any others?

Just look at the tours they did since 2012.

Date: July 11, 2016 06:11

I know that but he sounded like he knew for certain. And 2012 was 4 years ago....and I believe the tour that they did in 2013 included more than 15 shows. I saw them in Boston 2 nights and I think that this was a continuation of the tour they started the winter before...when I saw them in Brooklyn on Dec 8. I will refer to my records and of course to BV's tour info. Doesn't matter, this tour is supposed to be in support of their new album so it might be BRAND NEW RULES!

Date: July 11, 2016 06:13

I just checked; the 2013 tour alone had 20 USA dates not including the short 2012 dates. Maybe they'll be feeling extra generous and energetic this year.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 11, 2016 09:59

mickschix
15 shows is not much, why bother to set up such a big stage for only 15 shows. They ALWAYS play multiple shows in the big cities with a day off between..if you really have inside info, what cities are they looking at??

Since 2014, each touring "stretch" has had up to 14-15 shows.

On the European part of 14 On Fire, they played 14 shows.

On the Zip Code tour, they played 15 shows (not counting the Fonda Theatre or the private show in Solana Beach).
At 13 of them, they put up the big stage (different setup in Milwaukee and Quebec City).

On the Olé tour, they played 14 shows.

These days, there is also a minimum of two days off between shows.

I don't have any inside info, but several others in this thread have mentioned NY, Boston and Philly.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: July 11, 2016 10:20

Seems I read their contract now limits the number of shows to 15. If my memory
is correct, one of the four members insisted on this maximum.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4445464748495051525354...LastNext
Current Page: 49 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1558
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home