Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: July 2, 2016 15:26

Kurt
I just looked back at an old email...

Zip Code Tour went on sale on April 13th 2015
First show was San Diego on May 24 2015

41 Days.

since the tour will be arenas rather than stadiums they are probably waiting on availability of venues. the NHL has already released their 2016/17 schedule but the NBA is not releasing theirs until August so my thinking is there won't be any announcement until early August

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: July 2, 2016 18:40

Saving my tax return for their return. C'mon boys.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 3, 2016 01:14

TKinOH
Vegas is always higher-priced than most other cities on a tour.

I was at MGM #2 back in '94, upstairs for $200 a pop face value, but those shows were the only indoor gigs for Voodoo Lounge in NA... Amputated Cobra and all!! The outdoor shows were runnin' about $50 that year, if I remember correctly.

Hopefully Desert Trip hasn't set a bad precedent, one where The Boys would shoot for $7M a night from their fans alone at all their gigs... Can't see that as a feasible scenario.

TKinOH I was also at that show and paid 200 for upper section Keith side of stage. The pricing was 100' 200 and 300 and the also kept that exact same pricing for the BTB 1997 stop at the MGM . I got a 300 for that one.

So yes the Vegas prices for those two tours were higher than the rest of the shows around the country.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: July 3, 2016 05:48

virgil
TKinOH
Vegas is always higher-priced than most other cities on a tour.

I was at MGM #2 back in '94, upstairs for $200 a pop face value, but those shows were the only indoor gigs for Voodoo Lounge in NA... Amputated Cobra and all!! The outdoor shows were runnin' about $50 that year, if I remember correctly.

Hopefully Desert Trip hasn't set a bad precedent, one where The Boys would shoot for $7M a night from their fans alone at all their gigs... Can't see that as a feasible scenario.

TKinOH I was also at that show and paid 200 for upper section Keith side of stage. The pricing was 100' 200 and 300 and the also kept that exact same pricing for the BTB 1997 stop at the MGM . I got a 300 for that one.

So yes the Vegas prices for those two tours were higher than the rest of the shows around the country.

I was at Washington DC arena show in 1999 and paid $350 for ticket at box office the day of the show. Was an unheard of price at the time, but I was in second row Keith side. They played a ton of Some Girls that night . Amazing show and first time I paid the huge price. Seems like a bargain in retrospect....

Date: July 3, 2016 06:04

I think you got a great deal to be that close! I paid around $286 to be on the club level in '13 there and it is a great memory for me as well as I love DC to begin with.
In the back of my mind I could see $450 next time around

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 3, 2016 17:37

Hearing that Oct. 22 in Vegas is being added..

Gonna need a Lucky Dip for this one, but Yay!!!!

Posted by: Al65 ()
Date: July 3, 2016 18:29

Just my luck going to 19th booked flights leave back to England on 21st

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: July 3, 2016 19:01

MisterDDDD

Gonna need a Lucky Dip for this one, but Yay!!!!

Yes that is true

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 3, 2016 20:04

MisterDDDD

Source? Link?

Date: July 3, 2016 21:26

Kith urban plays21 st even with arena set up can't see how stage would be done for22 nd . Any more info as think it could still be possible to change return flight

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 3, 2016 21:40

The arena set-up used in 2013 was a quick 1-day load-in and load-out... The buildings fill nearly all their dates in the Fall/Winter, especially with NHL and NBA tenants scheduling. This is why the 2013 opener at Staples Center was a tentative date when put on-sale initially... Dates were blocked off for playoff games in both leagues, with The Stones having 3rd or 4th choice since there are the Kings, Lakers and Clippers as primary tenants.

Mr. Urban on Friday 10-21 will not affect a date being scheduled on 10-22.

Last year's opener at Petco in SD was scheduled on day 3 of a 5-day window of open dates there... Pretty quick for a stadium set-up.

Date: July 3, 2016 22:22

Thanks TKinOH I will look into cost of rearranging travel and hopefully if it's not too expensive some definite info will be released soon think cost might rocket if I stay the weekend

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 3, 2016 22:36

I've been looking on stufish.com to see if there's any info regarding a new stage/lighting set-up but haven't found anything... These guys are the world leaders in big Rock productions, their site is a great look at some of the biggest tours and shows travelled today.

Interesting when you look at the 14 On Fire info, it says the outdoor set-up will transfer indoors for 2015... Makes me wonder whether a more "universal" staging was incorporated the last few years, hence the hard-core Stones fans noticing subtle differences in the ramps and video set-ups in various venues last year...

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 4, 2016 10:38

This is a great site.
Thanks fyp!

P.S.: Are they involved in all those productions??

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 5, 2016 20:19

No new news today I see..

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 5, 2016 20:58

ohmercy61
No new news today I see..

The news today is the same as every other day
The Rolling Stones are the greatest band in the world

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: GlimmerTimes2 ()
Date: July 5, 2016 23:46

Just received my tickets today for the Vegas concert (I live in Québec, Canada; they took a while to get here). I'm proud to read «The Rolling Stones» on any ticket! Section 227 row E isn't that bad (further than that and it's out of my $ range). My 8th time seeing them...I'm hoping for 9 early in 2017? (Montreal, Toronto?). Great times ahead.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: July 6, 2016 01:08

See ya there glimmerx2....

Date: July 6, 2016 05:27

GlimmerTimes2
Just received my tickets today for the Vegas concert (I live in Québec, Canada; they took a while to get here). I'm proud to read «The Rolling Stones» on any ticket! Section 227 row E isn't that bad (further than that and it's out of my $ range). My 8th time seeing them...I'm hoping for 9 early in 2017? (Montreal, Toronto?). Great times ahead.

Haven't received my tix yet, and I am in Seattle..

Last time I saw them was in Quebec City though.. assuming that might have been one of your 8? What a beautiful city it is and a gorgeous province you live in GlimmmerX2!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-06 06:20 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Librarian ()
Date: July 6, 2016 06:26

Just waiting on a fiend(s)....

Posted by: GlimmerTimes2 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 02:36

MisterDDDD
GlimmerTimes2

Haven't received my tix yet, and I am in Seattle..

Last time I saw them was in Quebec City though.. assuming that might have been one of your 8? What a beautiful city it is and a gorgeous province you live in GlimmmerX2!

Hope you receive your tix pretty soon MisterDDDD. I know the feeling of opening that mail box with NO Rolling Stones tickets. No, I didn't see them in Québec city (my last one was the Zip Code tour in Buffalo). I saw them for the first time on the Some Girls tour back in 1978...on the 4th of July! Yes, Québec city is very beautiful and the food is great! Have a great concert in Vegas Mr D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-07 02:49 by GlimmerTimes2.

Date: July 7, 2016 21:08

Got 'em yesterday!! Was also at the Buffalo show,.. What a FANtastic Stones town!! As is Vegas... but for different reasons..

Fans in Buffalo seem to be mostly the longtime Salt of the Earth type fans, where the Las Vegas crowds tend to be mostly those traveling to Vegas ready to party and some hardcore locals.. Both make for great shows! As Mick says.. See you There!

Date: July 7, 2016 22:09

THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM!

I hope

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 22:23

MisterDDDD
Got 'em yesterday!! Was also at the Buffalo show,.. What a FANtastic Stones town!! As is Vegas... but for different reasons..

Fans in Buffalo seem to be mostly the longtime Salt of the Earth type fans, where the Las Vegas crowds tend to be mostly those traveling to Vegas ready to party and some hardcore locals.. Both make for great shows! As Mick says.. See you There!

Buffalo was a great town too !!! Had a good time and show.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: July 7, 2016 23:04

Buffalo was fun and great show

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 8, 2016 17:44

MisterDDDD

I was luck enough to be in the second row at Buffalo - it rocked!!!!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:12

Am I correct in assuming the only reason for this Fall 2016 tour is to promote a new album

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:27

nightskyman
Am I correct in assuming the only reason for this Fall 2016 tour is to promote a new album

Nope. Unless you really want to believe what they say. There's not reason to believe what they say. Odds are they were gonna tour regardless of recording an album while shows were being booked.

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: July 8, 2016 18:33

The only reason for this fall tour is the same as with the previous tours.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 8, 2016 20:03

HMS
The only reason for this fall tour is the same as with the previous tours.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home