Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour
Posted by: laurel ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:12

StonesSoCal
if you selected the AMEX preferred option, the passcode is the number on the back of your AMEX

Great, thank you!

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:15

I'm in the waiting room now (trying for a buddy) but just chose the regular AMEX presale. What's the difference w preferred? I didn't have to enter a password so apologies if I'm passing on bad info.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:16

Glad I got my ticket yesterday - Amex sale almost impossible to even get the option of purchasing one ticket and they are all at the back of the floor or elevated back sides. Nothing remotely close!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:18

anyone got lucky dip?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:21

I cannot believe there will be lucky dip for Vegas!!

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:22

I'm not getting anything-- normal AMEX or preferred AMEX.

Date: June 16, 2016 20:23

Gaetzi
I'm in the waiting room now (trying for a buddy) but just chose the regular AMEX presale. What's the difference w preferred? I didn't have to enter a password so apologies if I'm passing on bad info.

I'm still waiting to get in. It didn't give me a choice of preferred or regular. I got there directly from RS.com. Good luck!

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:26

I'm in the same boat as a few of you have stated. 62 and the first show in 1972 at the Spectrum in Philly with over 30 shows since.
Last show for me was Atlantic City 2006. A geat show with great seats to go out on.
I have not bought a ticket from Ticketbastard since 1994. I refuse to support the market they have set up now, and I refuse to pay the price they are asking. To me the numbers are absolutely ridiculous.
The "lucky dip" tickets are a bad marketing ploy to me, and do us no favors. Some people have made out great with them, and I'm happy for them, but I refuse to play that game.
Plus, thanks to many people on this board I have heard all the shows I've missed. And that is all I need.

Now all I'm looking forward to is a call from Keith thanking me for sending along the Hot Sauce my family makes. I sent him a package last year just as things were getting busy for him so I'll cut him a little slack. :-D

Fred

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:31

lucifrshmr
I'm in the same boat as a few of you have stated. 62 and the first show in 1972 at the Spectrum in Philly with over 30 shows since.
Last show for me was Atlantic City 2006. A geat show with great seats to go out on.
I have not bought a ticket from Ticketbastard since 1994. I refuse to support the market they have set up now, and I refuse to pay the price they are asking. To me the numbers are absolutely ridiculous.
The "lucky dip" tickets are a bad marketing ploy to me, and do us no favors. Some people have made out great with them, and I'm happy for them, but I refuse to play that game.
Plus, thanks to many people on this board I have heard all the shows I've missed. And that is all I need.

Now all I'm looking forward to is a call from Keith thanking me for sending along the Hot Sauce my family makes. I sent him a package last year just as things were getting busy for him so I'll cut him a little slack. :-D

Fred

Do you sell the secret family Hot Sauce online, and if so is there a link?

cool smiley

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:32

If you have an iPad, try that, I am still pulling 4 floor seats together in Floor E, row L, $750 tickets, also section 15, row P, $750 tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 20:36 by dhinkle555.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:34

where can you see the lucky dip information? I dont have an account but when I go on twitter via google I dont see anything.

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:40

Hairball, no website yet, still under construction.
Drop me an email, mine is visable, and I can hook you up.

We have 6 flavors from hot to super hot. All hand grown by us on the property. Fresh peppers that go from the garden to the bottle. And you can't beat fresh! The super hot is made with the Carolina Reaper, the hottest pepper in the world. Stupid hot but with a really intense flavor. It makes you come back for more.
Ask my buddy "stone relics", he's a big fan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 20:41 by lucifrshmr.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 16, 2016 20:48

lucifrshmr
Hairball, no website yet, still under construction.
Drop me an email, mine is visable, and I can hook you up.

We have 6 flavors from hot to super hot. All hand grown by us on the property. Fresh peppers that go from the garden to the bottle. And you can't beat fresh! The super hot is made with the Carolina Reaper, the hottest pepper in the world. Stupid hot but with a really intense flavor. It makes you come back for more.
Ask my buddy "stone relics", he's a big fan.

Thanks, can never get enough of some great Hot Sauce - will send email asap. smileys with beer

Date: June 16, 2016 20:53

I got in, tried for a pair in P4 or P5 and got nothing.. all the more thankful my friend got 4 in 224 yesterday

Date: June 16, 2016 20:56

Nothing. Still in waiting room. Only $750s left. I never thought I'd be missing Ticketmaster, but....

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:11

sarahunwin
I cannot believe there will be lucky dip for Vegas!!

They deleted the post from Twitter, but it was there !

[/img]

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 21:58

Got in quickly after at about 2PM eastern. Got 6 great seats at reasonable(for Stones ) price.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: June 16, 2016 22:00

Pretty easy to get tickets now at the $750 level, anyway.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: June 16, 2016 22:01

Maybe someone jumped the gun, and it will be reposted later.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 22:15

MLH
Pretty easy to get tickets now at the $750 level, anyway.

Ha - I bet!!!

Posted by: clance65 ()
Date: June 16, 2016 22:49

Been a few years since I've posted:

Ended up on the highest level 3rd or 4th row from the last row (row M) side stage. $780 after fees for the pair. The deciding factor for me on what to keep....seats 1&2. Whenever I see that randomly selected for me, I grab em. I need the aisle. I may not be close, but I can go the bathroom & get extra space whenever I need it. Man, priorities have changed since 81'.

Both of my lucky dips put me in the last row, opposite stage in 2013. Yesterday's presale netted me tickets that weren't $750/each, but combined, and an aisle...albeit way the hell up there. I'm ok with it.

I feel somewhat how others feel re: prices, set list, etc...but only somewhat. I get it, but man if you told me 30 yrs ago that I'd be in my 50's, buying archive releases, waiting on a new record, & able to fly to Vegas and be anywhere inside a building to see the Rolling Stones live and alive in 2016, I'd never believe it. But, if I somehow did find a way to get a guarantee on all of that, I'd have committed to these prices now....back then.

Everyone who's going to any of the shows in 2016, have a blast!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-16 23:12 by clance65.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: June 16, 2016 23:06

I am one of those fans too: haven't missed a US tour since I first saw them in 1972. I always overpay. Used to be scalpers in the 70s, then the ticket brokers in the 80s and 90s, then VIP tix after that. I did manage to avoid the totally ridiculous VIP prices this time. I didn't think the lithographs and the dopey laminated lanyard things were worth an extra grand. But yes, I did succumb to the $750 for not a great seat. I had a great seat at first, but when I clicked on purchase ticket, AXS said "one moment please" and my screen froze. Then it took 25 HOURS before I got my confirmation email. Finally got it and the e-ticket too. A lot of ticket stress for me, but I will be there because I love this band, I love to hear them live, it's the only time I feel like I'm 16 again, and every tour for the last decade has been a "this could be the last time" tour as far as I'm concerned. Long live the Rolling Stones!

Date: June 16, 2016 23:19

The "this could be the last time" angle actually has a lot to do with it for me. These guys can't keep doing this forever and I'll be able to sleep well one day knowing that I saw the Stones every chance I could.

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: June 16, 2016 23:25

I think the Lucky Dips will be available tomorrow during the general sale. They jumped the gun on the tweet.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 16, 2016 23:39

hooked
I think the Lucky Dips will be available tomorrow during the general sale. They jumped the gun on the tweet.
Gotta think you are correct.
In 2013 as I recall the Lucky Dips were introduced the same way.. Regular sales and then LD's.. Bring them on! My guess is the'll be $85 same as last arena tour.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: June 17, 2016 03:18

didn't think they'd return to US this year, not the best timing for me. lucky dips may be my only way this tour. are lucky dips only off the new stones app or is it like last time? my "device" won't take the new app (outdated?) and quite frankly i'm sick of staying "up to date" on this crap.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 17, 2016 03:20

Friends told me years ago that the Stones will wear you out. Whatta way to go. Enjoy the real thing while you can.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: June 17, 2016 03:34

Looks like presale tickets are still available using yesterday's password of VEGAS, and I would presume STONES still works. It is weird that supposedly general public tickets go on sale tomorrow still. Looks like only the $750 seats are the only available. I wonder how many tickets are left, or did they reserve some for general sale? I just saw the tweet about the Lucky Dips, but the link is not available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-06-17 04:58 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: June 17, 2016 03:56

all the way in the back at $750 the Stones are a greedy disgrace

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: June 17, 2016 04:02

potus43
all the way in the back at $750 the Stones are a greedy disgrace

If the tickets were $7.50, you'd still be paying $750 - to the scalpers.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home