Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 14, 2016 02:27

IanBillen
babyblue
I really cant see the new lp finished by October. But if they are going to Ca then maybe it is. But why do 6 other dates and not 15, maybe they will and arent saying.

Well is your opinion based on what you 'think' they have finished on it thus far and what you 'think' they have done? Or what you presume is the case .. (just asking).

Truth is.. none of us know how much material they have.. How many songs they have completed and recorded or ready to record or when and where or
to what degree they have been working on it. We will find out well <after> the album is released the amount of time and places the album was worked on.

Sure.. it <seems> as though they have not spent much time on it or that they could not have the material or time to work on it but in reality ..

They could have another month or so to record what they have. As well as another month to mix it if needed. They could of easily worked on it for a few weeks on and off after the tour (during April .. when they were all back in London together around the time of Exhibition).

I realize this may seem as if of cutting it close.. but it looks as if they have a lock on it much more than any of us know. They already worked on it at least once or twice and they could work on it another five or six weeks and have a month to mix it and at that rate it could come out in October and be completely finished by early August. Just saying..

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smileyhot smileyeye popping smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 14, 2016 03:42

Mr. Billen -

With respect, perhaps that singular obsession should be discussed in the appropriate thread?

This one ain't it...

Posted by: IanBillen ()
Date: May 14, 2016 04:15

bye bye johnny
Mr. Billen -

With respect, perhaps that singular obsession should be discussed in the appropriate thread?

This one ain't it...

I agree. I am simply responding to someone here in this thread who said they can't see the Stones having their album ready and out in the fall. Did you forget their initial comment or are you simply ignoring that part of it?

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: May 14, 2016 06:05

IanBillen
bye bye johnny
Mr. Billen -

This one ain't it...

I agree. I am simply responding to someone here in this thread who said they can't see the Stones having their album ready and out in the fall. Did you forget their initial comment or are you simply ignoring that part of it?
eye popping smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 14, 2016 20:32

babyblue
But why do 6 other dates and not 15, maybe they will and arent saying.

There is a rumour for 6 other cities. Not necessarily just 6 other dates. If they do two shows in each of those cities, plus Desert Trip x2, you're almost at 15 which is the maximum these days.

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: May 14, 2016 23:13

Erik,Clever. Here's hoping!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-14 23:46 by bigpond.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: May 15, 2016 00:37

IanBillen
babyblue
I really cant see the new lp finished by October. But if they are going to Ca then maybe it is. But why do 6 other dates and not 15, maybe they will and arent saying.

Well is your opinion based on what you 'think' they have finished on it thus far and what you 'think' they have done? Or what you presume is the case .. (just asking).

Truth is.. none of us know how much material they have.. How many songs they have completed and recorded or ready to record or when and where or
to what degree they have been working on it. We will find out well <after> the album is released the amount of time and places the album was worked on.

Sure.. it <seems> as though they have not spent much time on it or that they could not have the material or time to work on it but in reality ..

They could have another month or so to record what they have. As well as another month to mix it if needed. They could of easily worked on it for a few weeks on and off after the tour (during April .. when they were all back in London together around the time of Exhibition).

I realize this may seem as if of cutting it close.. but it looks as if they have a lock on it much more than any of us know. They already worked on it at least once or twice and they could work on it another five or six weeks and have a month to mix it and at that rate it could come out in October and be completely finished by early August. Just saying..

Thanks for the info.

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Date: May 15, 2016 22:33

johna
Stones50
RockinJive
Stones50
Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Why is NYC their home? Nothing special about their fans there. I've been to MSG for a show. lame crowd. I've see better crows in Hershey, PA. besides Toronto in their home in N America.

You could not be more wrong. I've been at EVERY MS Garden show since 1969. And the audience is fantastic.

So you literally got yer ya ya's out. it is awesome that you got to see them in New York at that time. i got to see them at Shea in NY in 1981. the only show i went to at The Garden was Led Zeppelin in 1977.
i'm still feeling blessed because i was able to see them twice in two years. up in Anaheim in May 2013 then again last Memorial Day weekend at PetCo here in San Diego.
sorry about the length of this post. just wanted to say i love NY :-)
peace,
john - in Oceanside, Ca.

Which Zepp '77 show was it, John? The one on the 13th is one of my all-time favorites of theirs. Too bad the sound quality of the bootleg is so mediocre...

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 01:26

Where's all the tour news? What's going on?

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 18, 2016 01:28

Too right - the wait for some solid info be they "rumors" or official news is killing me!

Lisa Fischer
Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: May 19, 2016 01:14

Will Lisa be joining up with the Stones for the shows in California? Any news if she will return?

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 19, 2016 01:36

so when does the tour start? i can see opening in oakland on tuesday, friday at grampie-stock, tues. in miami, then back to california for the second show.

Date: May 20, 2016 18:03

Its kind of strange that with the Desert Trip dates out we aren't getting any other rumors or info.

CRICKETS

I still think with the success of Desert Trip ticket sales this line up could happen in several cities

TOO MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be had

Re: Lisa Fischer
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 20, 2016 20:31

IrisC
Will Lisa be joining up with the Stones for the shows in California? Any news if she will return?

I see she has solo bookings beginning around October 28th. If the Stones tour
begins with desert trip and continues for 15 dates, she may not fit into the
stones scheduled dates. Although maybe her shows will be on off dates.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 20, 2016 22:43

Toronto here they come!!!!!!

Date: May 20, 2016 23:07

jumpontopofmebaby
Its kind of strange that with the Desert Trip dates out we aren't getting any other rumors or info.

CRICKETS

I still think with the success of Desert Trip ticket sales this line up could happen in several cities

TOO MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to be had

And....and....and....it would be awesome if the same bands announced more dates then the scalpers would be caught with their pants down. Holding high dollar face value tickets that they were selling for huge profits. The resale price would drop rapidly and if they did actually do other cities. The scalpers would also be a little gun shy to jump on the next show.

COME ON MICK - HELP KICK THE SCALPERS IN THE NADS!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: May 21, 2016 01:22

What's Bv got to say? Its too quiet.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 21, 2016 05:24

They are still working on dates on the east coast and Vegas to go with the west coast mega shows.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 22, 2016 11:36

jumpontopofmebaby

HELP KICK THE SCALPERS IN THE NADS!

I say... since when is "nuts" a four-letter-word ??

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: May 22, 2016 12:11

Just thinking out loud here, but given the festival pairing, it would be cool to see Bob Dylan open for the Stones at some of their east coast dates. That would be my two favorite classic rock acts together!

Date: May 22, 2016 15:04

It just occurred to me while listening to a random playlist, how amazing the Stones still are after all these years. True, Keith's chops have slowed down but the ESSENCE is still there. Jumping Jack Flash just came on from Ya Ya's and was seamlessly followed by It's Only Rock And Roll from Hyde Park Live. It amazed me how little the essential sound of the live band has changed. IORR from 2013 followed JJF from 1969 almost as perfectly as Oh Carol did back on Ya Ya's. I hope I get to see the new tour!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: May 22, 2016 17:20

swimtothemoon
IrisC

When I was in Brazil for the shows earlier in the year I was told by someone who is very well informed that Lisa is finished with the Stones.

Nate

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 22, 2016 21:52

ohmercy61
What's Bv got to say? Its too quiet.
BV is working hard to save money for the US tour October-December.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: May 23, 2016 12:45

Stones official Facebook yesterday was promoting Lisa's solo ventures, so if she is finished with them there's certainly no bad blood.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 23, 2016 14:55

"It's fameeeeleeeee.... (cough cough)" Keef

Date: May 23, 2016 15:20

Nate
swimtothemoon
IrisC

When I was in Brazil for the shows earlier in the year I was told by someone who is very well informed that Lisa is finished with the Stones.

Nate
Lisa had something on FaceBook yesterday sort of thanking the Stones for the memories. Sounds like she's done...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 23, 2016 16:00

Is there a link to that something?

Date: May 23, 2016 16:05

bye bye johnny
Is there a link to that something?

OK, it wasn't FB, but this....
[www.list.co.uk]

Date: May 23, 2016 16:13

Lisa Fischer thanks the Rolling Stones for the memories

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-23 17:11 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 23, 2016 23:35

I am planning a trip to the West (or East) coast in the time frame of October 17 to 28. It would be so sad if the stones would be touring the east coast while I flew in from Europe to the West coast, but I have to book flights soon, otherwise it gets very expensive. So does anyone now in which end of America the stones will be then?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home