Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: May 6, 2016 08:36

jambay
Still hard to believe this show is happening... that line up is... jaw dropping.

It would be pretty funny, and quite like Neil Young, to suddenly change gears from what he has been doing lately and come out and play... who knows what... but not something anyone expects.

maybe say something like-
Neil that night- ""I am going to play the entire Shocking Pinks album in full tonight, followed by highlights of Greendale then some covers of... well... that will be a surprise for you all."" grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2016 13:19

followed by highlights of Greendale

Heck!!! always thought Neil meant ta name it Greenacres...Eva Ga-bore

ROCKMAN

Date: May 6, 2016 14:41

Rockman
followed by highlights of Greendale

Heck!!! always thought Neil meant ta name it Greenacres...Eva Ga-bore

Ah, now the Sam Drucker character makes sense, and Mr Haney too.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 6, 2016 15:07

Just read this paragraph from 'LA Beat' Coachella

"My sources also tell me that this is in fact a kick-off for The Rolling Stones tour of the second half of 2016. The tour is going to be scaled down, with roughly six cities in the mix, all on the east coast. So this will be your only chance to see a Stones concert in California in 2016, although with their longevity and love of touring, no doubt the band will be back at least a few more times in the forseeable future."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-06 15:09 by 35love.

Date: May 6, 2016 16:37

Is there actual ticket info out. As far as when and what time they go on sale?

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 6, 2016 16:56

jumpontopofmebaby
Is there actual ticket info out. As far as when and what time they go on sale?

*just for Coachella Desert Festival, which I believe go on sale Monday (May 8)
other than that, all speculation, nothing confirmed, but my guess based off trying to read between the lines, the rest will be east coast USA dates-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-06 16:57 by 35love.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: May 6, 2016 21:31

I would've bet you 1000 to 1 this was all rumor and hype,i still didn't believe it untill i saw it on Micks facebook page-wow.

The way the poster is,with the headliners first it looks like The Who are one of the opening acts..that's a little odd.i like Waters but this would only make sense if it were the actual Pink Floyd.

either way WHAT A LINE-UP!!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 6, 2016 23:26

I'm beginning to wonder, instead of paying scalper prices for Desert Trip (Coahella) tickets, the smarter strategy to see the stones might be to use those
funds to buy your way into the traditional club show before the tour - like
our old friend "Onlystones" --haha!

Date: May 6, 2016 23:41

So with the tickets prices being pretty high per ticket. Even though in the big picture given all the bands and a three day event etc. Prob pretty reasonable price. Do you think they will be flying off the shelves?. Do you think a reserved ticket will be impossible to get?

Date: May 7, 2016 00:46

swimtothemoon
I'm beginning to wonder, instead of paying scalper prices for Desert Trip (Coahella) tickets, the smarter strategy to see the stones might be to use those

Indeed for the rumored (or is it confirmed) $1599 ticket price one could go to several shows in the real world Sseeing The Stones 2-3 times and Neil 1-2 times. .

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 7, 2016 09:41

jambay
swimtothemoon

Indeed for the rumored (or is it confirmed) $1599 ticket price one could go to several shows in the real world Sseeing The Stones 2-3 times and Neil 1-2 times. .

Yes and probably in arenas as opposed to...? Although this Desert festival seems
to be a once in a life time event.

Date: May 7, 2016 19:44

swimtothemoon
jambay
swimtothemoon

Yes and probably in arenas as opposed to...? Although this Desert festival seems
to be a once in a life time event.

I think the organizers are relying on the "I was there" factor... as opposed to "I can't miss this show because it is going to be too much fun"... to sell tickets.

A lot of people will probably buy tickets and go to this show to say "I was there". I guess the same kind of people who buy the top row of the upper deck at Dallas (or other monster sized) football stadium to "attend" a basketball game. The view from up there is not really a view, but they can say they were there.

If someone wants to (really) see that basketball game, or this show, they should probably pay up for (or obtain in other ways) "real" tickets with an actual view.

As for me, I will be probably fly to Chicago to see a couple of The Stones Fall 2016 shows in a "smaller" venue and I cant hardly wait.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 7, 2016 20:59

35love

"My sources also tell me that this is in fact a kick-off for The Rolling Stones tour of the second half of 2016. The tour is going to be scaled down, with roughly six cities in the mix, all on the east coast. So this will be your only chance to see a Stones concert in California in 2016, although with their longevity and love of touring, no doubt the band will be back at least a few more times in the forseeable future."

Interesting, a short tour to promote the new album before heading out to Europe in 2017.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: May 7, 2016 21:31

is chicago going to be part of the plan? 6 east coast dates, so (guessing) boston, nyc, toronto (montreal?), philly, dc, miami?
charlotte (possible), richmond, va. instead of dc, baltimore instead of philly, tampa.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 7, 2016 21:37

gotdablouse
35love

Interesting, a short tour to promote the new album before heading out to Europe in 2017.

About time, yeah.
saving up my money for 4 or 5 shows in europe.
jeroen

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2016 02:45

A little early, but wondering what the quick trip through the States' tour might be named...
Maybe something to do with the rumoured, unfinished, and as yet un-named new album?

Posted by: Voodookitten76 ()
Date: May 8, 2016 04:59

sundevil
is chicago going to be part of the plan? 6 east coast dates, so (guessing) boston, nyc, toronto (montreal?), philly, dc, miami?
charlotte (possible), richmond, va. instead of dc, baltimore instead of philly, tampa.

Really, really hope that Chicago is indeed part of the plan!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 8, 2016 06:14

sundevil

I wouldn't count on Charlotte with the new NC HB2 Bill backlash. It's possible Vegas could get a date.

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: May 8, 2016 17:11

Heard both Mick and Keith interviews on Sirius Classic Vinyl last night, Mick would not discuss the tour other than to say there would be "a limited number of shows" and neither of them wanted to talk about the new LP only Desert Trip. They will air the interviews again so check the Sirius schedule.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 9, 2016 06:29

Any one know where on earth we go to have our fingers on the trigger tomorrow - I am so confused by their website!

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 9, 2016 09:16

Someone said goldenvoice.com, but that takes you to home.deserttrip.com, so who knows. I am not optimistic.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 9, 2016 14:50

I received something via email from:

AEG Live All Access
Concerts@events.aeglive.com

10 AM Pacific time
5/9/16

Date: May 9, 2016 15:49

where oh where do we buy tickets at

Posted by: mrsw ()
Date: May 9, 2016 17:37

So there is hope for the UK for next year?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 9, 2016 18:01

mrsw
So there is hope for the UK for next year?

Probably,hopefully Uk shows as part of the European leg 2017.
Just hoping and praying.
Jeroen

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: May 9, 2016 18:52

jumpontopofmebaby
where oh where do we buy tickets at

I wish I could figure it out too!!!!!

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: May 9, 2016 19:12

Here, I think.

But so far, no place to register.
Maybe the site will change at 10am PDT?

[ww2.deserttrip.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2016 19:38

Desert Trip

The Desert Trip public on-sale has not yet begun. When the on-sale begins you will automatically be assigned a random place in line. Patrons accessing the queue at 10:00:01 am will be placed behind you in line. For details on festival tickets and prices click here.
The onsale will begin at: 10:00 AM PT

25 Minutes 17 Seconds
[go.festivalticketing.com]

It would appear that being in line now (my paste above) puts you in front of those that get in line at 10:01

For what it's worth...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2016 19:46

SECOND WEEKEND ADDED!!!

Message last updated: 9:38 AM PT
ALERT!

Due to overwhelming demand, a second weekend has been added to Desert Trip, Friday, October 14, Saturday, October 15 and Sunday October 16.

ALL PASSES and PACKAGES are currently available for purchase for Weekend 1 and 2.

Please click here if you would like to get in line for Weekend 2. You will not lose your place in Weekend 1.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 9, 2016 19:47

So two Stones concerts confirmed?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1861
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home