Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 77
Re: The Rolling Stones Fall 2016 tour rumours
Posted by: fleabitmonkey ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:43

Does this mean The Stones will be opening the show Friday night? I have plane tickets, car and room reserved. The Stones opening the show puts a damper on things for me. I can't imagine watching Dylan after The Stones. Playing the first night is bummer enough but opening

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 07:15 by fleabitmonkey.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:45

EDIT: While you can feel free to view the info below, better info available here: [home.deserttrip.com]

Just saw this online. Not sure how factual it is, but it's the first I've seen pricing mentioned for the festival shows.

[www.pe.com]

Various quotes:

"Tickets go on sale Monday, May 9, at 10 a.m. pacific. Passes are $199 per day for general admission or $399 for a three-day general admission pass. A 3-day standing pit pass is $1,599."

"Reserved floor seats are priced at $699, $999 and $1,599 for three-day passes. Reserved grandstand seats are $999 and $1,599 for three-day passes."

"A one-day GA pass with shuttle access is $224 and a three-day pass plus shuttle is $424.

Those prices do not include fees."

Apologies if the info turns out to be incorrect.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 18:48 by mr_dja.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 3, 2016 18:49

edit: see mr_dja's post above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 18:50 by Hairball.

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:00

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 3, 2016 19:12

fleabitmonkey
Does this mean The Stones will be opening the show Friday night? I have plane tickets, car and room reserved. The Stones opening the show puts a damper on things for me. I can't imagine watching Dylan after The Stones. Playing the first night is bummer enough but openingeye popping smiley

Of course not. Stones close. No one would stick around to watch Dylan close. This is just a stadium gig in the desert, nothing special.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 3, 2016 20:40

So how will the Stones North American tour schedule around this?
Will this be the end of their tour or beginnig?
Or will it just be a one-off for them?
I would think they would schedule major west coast cities around this?
LA, SF, Denver, etc...?
Perhaps another small club warmup in LA?
confused smiley

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:22

jumpontopofmebaby
This all sounds great and looks like a ton of fun. But not my gig. Looking at pictures from the past events people are slammed in nuts to butts. Hopefully the Stones do other shows. The Coachella Festival looks like a huge hassel to me.

BV can you please tell us if there will be more shows. If not Ill do this one. But have no desire to if they play other dates.

I'm in the same boat, might do this if it's their only gig (can't imagine that will be the case) but not worth the hassle or money to have to buy into all 3 days when I'm only interested in a couple of the acts really... Here's hoping for more shows, which I expect there will be but no announcement until this one has sold well enough to not be impacted.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 3, 2016 21:31

BV has said to keep Oct/Nov open so it's fairly safe to say there will be a real tour and based on those dates, Indio will be the first show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-03 21:33 by Gaetzi.

Date: May 3, 2016 21:54

JN99
jumpontopofmebaby
This all sounds great and looks like a ton of fun. But not my gig. Looking at pictures from the past events people are slammed in nuts to butts. Hopefully the Stones do other shows. The Coachella Festival looks like a huge hassel to me.

BV can you please tell us if there will be more shows. If not Ill do this one. But have no desire to if they play other dates.

I'm in the same boat, might do this if it's their only gig (can't imagine that will be the case) but not worth the hassle or money to have to buy into all 3 days when I'm only interested in a couple of the acts really... Here's hoping for more shows, which I expect there will be but no announcement until this one has sold well enough to not be impacted.

Well Neil and the Stones are really all I want to see. But my plans just changed. My long time Stones going concert buddy who has been to almost every show with me has an Aunt that lives 7.4 miles from the festival site at a place called Indian Wells Tennis Center. And he said LETS GO! So now I am in, and since the room is free the $1000 ticket is what I am shooting for! Hope I can score them!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 3, 2016 22:01

There will be 14-15 shows, all arenas except the festival.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 23:04

georgelicks

Any rumours of MSG in October?

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: May 3, 2016 23:34

henrik87
georgelicks

NY is on their hit list. We will see soon.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 00:01

Stonesfan2146
georgelicks
The money is in the States right now, Europe didn't sell so well the last time and the economy is not much better now than 2 years ago.

Just remembered the IORR news entries:

Mar 24: Rolling Stones shows in Germany sell out in minutes
Mar 28: The Rolling Stones shows in Norway, Sweden and France sold out in minutes this morning

All concerts I have been to looked sold out if not overcrowded. smiling smiley

I was at all 3 of the shows you mention which went on sale on 28 Mar. Stockholm and Paris, especially did indeed sell out very quickly. But Norway, offinally anounced as an instant sellout ? Nope, definitely not. Tickets were available from the official site for all sections until close to show day. Lucky Dips were on offer for a long time and unusually they were on offer in singles. Thst said, it was pretty full come show day. And I loved that show, despite the not-the- best-venue - loud, sweaty and poor ventilation.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 4, 2016 00:07

mpj200
henrik87
georgelicks

Now we are talking.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 4, 2016 00:24

Revised Wish List:

Indio, CA

San Francisco
Las Vegas (MGM)
Phoenix
Denver
Seattle
Vancouver
Edmonton
Toronto
New York (MSG)
New York (MSG)
Boston
Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 00:49

mpj200
henrik87
georgelicks

NCY is a LOCK. Believe me.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 4, 2016 01:23

MisterDDDD
Revised Wish List:

Indio, CA

San Francisco
Las Vegas (MGM)
Phoenix
Denver
Seattle
Vancouver
Edmonton
Toronto
New York (MSG)
New York (MSG)
Boston
Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago

Your list is pretty sure 90% correct.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 4, 2016 01:32

georgelicks
MisterDDDD
Revised Wish List:

Indio, CA

San Francisco
Las Vegas (MGM)
Phoenix
Denver
Seattle
Vancouver
Edmonton
Toronto
New York (MSG)
New York (MSG)
Boston
Washington
Philadelphia
Chicago

Your list is pretty sure 90% correct.

*not to split hairs, but by San Francisco do you mean Oakland?! (please please)

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 01:38

Of course he means Oakland, the Stones are not going to play Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, that I can promise. Where else would they play in the city? Golden Gate Park?

Arenas please, no stadiums....arenas at Zip Code stadium prices please, not 50 & Counting arena prices. Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 01:39 by mnewman505.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: May 4, 2016 01:42

mnewman505
Of course he means Oakland, the Stones are not going to play Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, that I can promise. Where else would they play in the city? Golden Gate Park?

Arenas please, no stadiums....arenas at Zip Code stadium prices please, not 50 & Counting arena prices. Thank you.

*can you tell I don't get out much? I have a relative who may be able to help w/ Oakland tickets. When they told me about seeing them there 2013, so nonchalant and with a shrug, I wanted to stick a pen in my neck.
ETA: my H says they saw them in a box at AT&T park, I dunno, I missed all those tours and kept my head down, but they have box access to Oakland.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 01:47 by 35love.

Date: May 4, 2016 02:01

About what month will it be announced. Is it typically 2 months earlier or would they do sooner now that one date is out?

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 4, 2016 02:14

Does anyone know how big the attendance is?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 4, 2016 03:23

bye bye johnny
Classic rock music festival announcement inching closer

Bruce Fessier, The Desert Sun May 2, 2016

Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett is not yet willing to go on the record about this October show, but I can tell you he was a much happier man this past weekend than he was the day the rumors of the festival first broke.

Tollett was dejected when the Los Angeles Times broke rumors of the fall festival on the first day of Coachella. Sources told me Tollett was still in negotiations and, when the story went viral, two bands dropped out. They didn’t want their own tours overshadowed by a one-off.

[www.desertsun.com]

The line-up is already outstanding but I wonder who are the two that got away.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: May 4, 2016 03:46

likecats

And who are the two second-choice picks?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 04:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 04:05 by mnewman505.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 4, 2016 04:15

likecats
bye bye johnny

Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett is not yet willing to go on the record about this October show, but I can tell you he was a much happier man this past weekend than he was the day the rumors of the festival first broke.

Tollett was dejected when the Los Angeles Times broke rumors of the fall festival on the first day of Coachella. Sources told me Tollett was still in negotiations and, when the story went viral, two bands dropped out. They didn’t want their own tours overshadowed by a one-off.

[www.desertsun.com]

Prince and David Bowie

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 4, 2016 04:17

Dan
likecats
bye bye johnny

[www.desertsun.com]

Prince and David Bowie

Oh, dear....

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: May 4, 2016 05:13

likecats
bye bye johnny

[www.desertsun.com]

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles were one of those two groups. They were planning a Hotel California anniversary tour before Glenn Frey died.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 4, 2016 05:54

Springsteen and AC/DC with Axel?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: May 4, 2016 06:37

fleabitmonkey
Does this mean The Stones will be opening the show Friday night? I have plane tickets, car and room reserved. The Stones opening the show puts a damper on things for me. I can't imagine watching Dylan after The Stones. Playing the first night is bummer enough but openingeye popping smiley

That's what happens when you can't diversify your setlist. They probably told the Stones to play something different and the Stones hee hawed about how they have to play warhorses and the promoter said OK, first slot on opening night or get your asses to the barn and start practicing some songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-05-04 06:39 by The Sicilian.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home