Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 77
Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 21, 2016 11:11

Roger Daltrey is confirming the Who and Roger Waters at Coachella. Seems like its happening - but note comments on tickets...

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 21, 2016 11:16

Roger Daltrey confirms The Who part of historic mega-concert

The Who frontman Roger Daltrey says his band is confirmed for the rumoured Oct. 7-9 mega-concert of major '60s rock acts in Indio, California.

“I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day," said Daltrey in an interview with Postmedia Network. "I mean it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it!”

Details of the mega-concert, said to feature Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, and Neil Young along with The Who and Waters performing at the Empire Polo Club, first emerged in the L.A. Times late last week but an official announcement on the show and the lineup isn’t expected from the organizers - Goldenvoice and AEG Live - for a few more weeks.

It's the same promoters responsible for the Coachella music festival which just took place in Indio.

“It’s a great idea,” said Daltrey. “I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up.”

The Who Hits 50! tour returns to Toronto’s Air Canada Centre on a new date next week, April 27, moved from April 26 after The Raptors made the NBA Playoffs and will play game five on that day against the Indiana Pacers, before heading west for five more Canadian dates in May.

[www.torontosun.com]

Date: April 21, 2016 14:57

35love
35love
DeanGoodman
cyclist
benito
October/November - Arenas (except for Coachella)

LA (2)
Oakland (2)
Coachella
Vegas
Chicago (2)
NYC (2)
Boston (2)
Phil
DC
Miami

Possibly Toronto instead of Miami or DC

Wouldn't Coachella's usual radius clause forbid the LA gigs?

Correct. No LA, no Vegas under usual circumstances. But maybe they can squeeze in Pappy & Harriet's.

*sweetheart, do you reckon' Oakland? I hate to put you on the spot.
And I realize it's a lifetime away.

Ah, it's okay. I can wait and see. I got Zip show with me forever. The rest would be gravy.

Don't count out Texas. Best selling show of the Zip Code Tour and economy very good there. Houston or Austin ready for a Stones show IMO

Posted by: scotmw65 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 16:05

I will say it again,I have a good feeling the Stones will do Sacramento instead of Oakland.The most modern arena in the world opens in October and it makes sense for them to be the first major band to open it up.I feel it,bring the boys to Sactown.ANY free tickets of I am right,just saying.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 21, 2016 16:07

One last adolescent outburst:
My closet and fav relative big wig at bank w/ box seats in Oaktown
my H says oh yeah cool great seats I say
have fun up there old man now I can get
SINGLE TICKET ON THE FLOOR
and I'll pick up your wined and dined bad self after ta drive ya home.
Oakland Oaktown PLEASE
CA knows how to party

Date: April 21, 2016 17:15

scotmw65
I will say it again,I have a good feeling the Stones will do Sacramento instead of Oakland.The most modern arena in the world opens in October and it makes sense for them to be the first major band to open it up.I feel it,bring the boys to Sactown.ANY free tickets of I am right,just saying.

Okay so just read this Sacramento even closer than Oakland
grinning at the thought pep in my step

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 21, 2016 18:27

Vegas! Vegas and the Stones go together like peanut butter and jelly. 100% in for Vegas if it plays out.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 21, 2016 18:49

it will

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: April 21, 2016 20:08

Right on, thanks for passing on this info Stones50!

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 05:46

Gaetzi
Vegas! Vegas and the Stones go together like peanut butter and jelly. 100% in for Vegas if it plays out.

LV is looking good last I heard.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 07:56

Regarding worries about coachella price tickets: if some bands (not only the Stones) ask 5-7 milions to play, how tickets can have reasonable price? Difficult

Date: April 22, 2016 16:48

andrea66
Regarding worries about coachella price tickets: if some bands (not only the Stones) ask 5-7 milions to play, how tickets can have reasonable price? Difficult

Isn't it a three day event?

My guess $350 per day or like $800 for the weekend

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 22, 2016 19:14

jumpontopofmebaby
andrea66

Isn't it a three day event?

My guess $350 per day or like $800 for the weekend

it can be. easily....

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: April 23, 2016 02:01

Overhead for a show like this can be high, due to location, but it's not a touring behemoth, and certain amount of infrastucture is probably already in place from Spring Coachella.

$7 million per band x 6 = $42 million

100 000 tickets x (say) $600.00 = $60 million (gross).

So, yeah, probably looking at $500 - $700 for weekend tix.

Ouch!...but Hey!...Once in a lifetime...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2016 02:28

mosthigh
Overhead for a show like this can be high, due to location, but it's not a touring behemoth, and certain amount of infrastucture is probably already in place from Spring Coachella.

$7 million per band x 6 = $42 million

100 000 tickets x (say) $600.00 = $60 million (gross).

So, yeah, probably looking at $500 - $700 for weekend tix.

Ouch!...but Hey!...Once in a lifetime...

Some people paid that much (and more) just to see the Stones in an arena or stadium play 19-20 songs for about two hours - mostly warhorses.

So based on that logic, $500-$700 for an entire marathon weekend of classic rock sounds like the deal of the century. cool smiley

Looking forward to seeing Neil Young again. thumbs up

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 23, 2016 02:37

Hairball

So based on that logic, $500-$700 for an entire marathon weekend of classic rock sounds like the deal of the century.

I think so, too, but shhh! Three-day passes for the Coachella under way now are $399. The biggest expense for most people will be accommodation (e.g. $500 per night at Super 8?!), travel.

Date: April 23, 2016 02:58

DeanGoodman
Hairball

So based on that logic, $500-$700 for an entire marathon weekend of classic rock sounds like the deal of the century.

I think so, too, but shhh! Three-day passes for the Coachella under way now are $399. The biggest expense for most people will be accommodation (e.g. $500 per night at Super 8?!), travel.

Yes those motels and hotels were snatched up quick, and those that are available now have heavily inflated outrageous rates.
The first night of the rumour breaking, I saw many available at regular rates - including $125 for Indian Palms Vacation Club (one bedroom suites w/kitchen) within two miles of festival site. Needless to say they were gone the next day as was just about everywhere else in the vicinity (except for the newly overpriced Super 8's, etc). Perhaps I should have reserved that suite when it was still available, but ended up reserving an Embassy Suite in Indian Wells apprx. 10 miles away - I think it was $110 w/AAA rate (and yes cancellable - pay when I check out). Sure enough, they sold out quicky also. Only slim pickin's now within a 15 mile radius (apprx.)...except for the overpriced ones. * There's probably sites that rent condos and houses in the vicinity, but with daily cleaning fees, etc. probably expensive also. Get a small group together though, and it could be reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-23 03:02 by Hairball.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: April 23, 2016 03:43

When the rumor first appeared I booked a motel 6 3 miles away from the grounds for 65 bucks a night>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 23, 2016 03:55

bbeliko
When the rumor first appeared I booked a motel 6 3 miles away from the grounds for 65 bucks a night>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

I got in for the same price same place!
As Mick would (will) say.. See you there!

Date: April 23, 2016 04:06

MisterDDDD
bbeliko

Any decent bars to meet up in beautiful downtown Indio? grinning smiley
Probably just mini mart/gas stations...first six pack is on me!

smileys with beer

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 23, 2016 04:16

Hairball
MisterDDDD
bbeliko

Any decent bars to meet up in beautiful downtown Indio? grinning smiley
Probably just mini mart/gas stations...first six pack is on me!

smileys with beer

David Letterman: "Coldest beer in town."

Date: April 23, 2016 05:10

I'm in at The Embassy Suites Hilton. For Spring Coachella, they have a shuttle that takes you 5min to another shuttle that goes to the festival and back.tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 23, 2016 05:13

The polo field

That's a long way to the back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-23 05:15 by mosthigh.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 23, 2016 13:42

mailexile67
Please BV tell us somethingthumbs up

The new sticky is about as confirmed as any source I have ever heard of.

Of course even better will be the...
STONES FALL U.S. TOUR 2016 IORR page when it goes up.

Date: April 23, 2016 17:19

mosthigh
The polo field

That's a long way to the back.

*this pic killed the dream. no can do. have fun you experienced massive crowd peeps, but that's about a million too many people in one place w/ no exit for me.
C'mon arena in N CA!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 23, 2016 17:39

NO WAY
Live Aid (Philly) was the last TOO BIG show I went to!
I was in my twenties then ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-24 04:25 by schillid.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:30

Unless one has $10,000-$20,000 for a super premium ticket or is a high level celeb with access this show might be best seen on the official release on the pay per view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-23 18:31 by jambay.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 23, 2016 18:50

Could that picture be from Stagecoach? Note the crowd barriers. SC offers 2 classes of tix up front for $899. That would more likely be the pricing model for Coachella in October.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 23, 2016 21:30

Apart from the Daltrey quotes it seems like The Guardian got the rest of the Coachella story wrong.

Goldenvoice made no announcement last week, and the Los Angeles Times report had the Stones playing the first night with Dylan, not the middle night with Neil Young.

Date: April 24, 2016 04:22

bye bye johnny
Apart from the Daltrey quotes it seems like The Guardian got the rest of the Coachella story wrong.

Goldenvoice made no announcement last week, and the Los Angeles Times report had the Stones playing the first night with Dylan, not the middle night with Neil Young.

Even though they're probably wrong, I kind of hope they're right regarding the schedule.

"just two acts per night: Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney on the first, the Rolling Stones and Neil Young on the second, and the Who and Roger Waters on the third"

I've seen Paul enough times, and am not sure how well Dylan will go over in a massive festival setting.
I've seen him numerous times (and will again at the smallish Santa Barbara Bowl next month) so would happily pass on seeing him here.
I want to see the Stones again obviously, and I want to see Neil again no doubt, so Saturday would be THE night to be at.
I kind of want to see Roger Waters again, and even less The Who - but will tolerate them one more time if I have to. smiling smiley

The question is - do they sell tickets for individual nights?

I haven't been to a multi-day festival since US 83 (survived all three days)and don't recall how that was sold - individual days, all three as a discounted package, or both options.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-24 04:24 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home