Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:32

The Worst.
IrisC
MSG is NOT overrated. Not sure what these people are smoking. It's the worlds most famous arena. Ask Walt "Clyde" Frazier!

I have mixed emotions about MSG. It is a terrific and legendary venue, but the crowd seems to be a bit spoiled. I remember the Bigger Bang show in 2005. The sound was fantastic and they played a fantastic show. But when Mick introduced a new song "Rough Justice", people from every section stood up and went out to buy popcorn, hot dogs, chips, beers and sodas. During "Back of My Hand" people shouted from behind that I had to sit down, and when I refused to do so, someone threw empty bags of chips and other garbage at my back. I then choose to sit down. During the new slow version of 19th Nervous Breakdown, even more people left to buy even more food, snacks and drinks. People seemed to be standing in lines to get out from every exit inside the venue. Too many people watched the show like they watch TV, at least during the first part. During the so called warhorses, all people stood up and paid more attention to the band. (And some wonder why they play Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar and JJ Flash at every show.)

Thats my whole point. Spot on. NYC is not the home of the Stones.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:34

European audiences were really great in 2014.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 16:41

I was at MSG just last week to see Iron Maiden. Met some other fans at the train station in New Haven and we traveled down together and back. I had a great time...it is NOT a dump in any way, shape or form. Anyone who says that has either never been there or is simply trying to be a contrarian prick.

I was at the 2003 MSG show that was televised on HBO. Amazing concert. I'd go see the Stones there again in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: April 7, 2016 17:10

keefriff99
I was at MSG just last week to see Iron Maiden. Met some other fans at the train station in New Haven and we traveled down together and back. I had a great time...it is NOT a dump in any way, shape or form. Anyone who says that has either never been there or is simply trying to be a contrarian prick.

I was at the 2003 MSG show that was televised on HBO. Amazing concert. I'd go see the Stones there again in a heartbeat.

Completely agree with this sentiment. I've been to MSG a few times in the past year and it is truly a phenomenal place to see a show. The Garden has improved significantly since 2005 or 2006, the reference point for a lot of Stones fans on this forum. It is as aesthetically nice as it is sonically pleasing.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 7, 2016 17:52

European audiences were really great in 2014.

You obviously didn't go to the Paris show then.

Nate >grinning smiley<

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: April 8, 2016 00:21

I couldn't agree more keefriff99. The Garden is great I've seen lots of concerts there. Most recently Billy Joel. The Stones maybe 15 times. My first Stones concert was there June 22,1975. Took the train from Bridgeport. Stones fans. The Garden is cool!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2016 01:06

IrisC
I couldn't agree more keefriff99. The Garden is great I've seen lots of concerts there. Most recently Billy Joel. The Stones maybe 15 times. My first Stones concert was there June 22,1975. Took the train from Bridgeport. Stones fans. The Garden is cool!

Like Jagger said last Monday... LONDON IS CALLING !!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 8, 2016 03:02

Bobbyb98
keefriff99

Completely agree with this sentiment. I've been to MSG a few times in the past year and it is truly a phenomenal place to see a show. The Garden has improved significantly since 2005 or 2006, the reference point for a lot of Stones fans on this forum. It is as aesthetically nice as it is sonically pleasing.

nailed

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 04:23

The Worst.
IrisC
MSG is NOT overrated. Not sure what these people are smoking. It's the worlds most famous arena. Ask Walt "Clyde" Frazier!

I have mixed emotions about MSG. It is a terrific and legendary venue, but the crowd seems to be a bit spoiled. I remember the Bigger Bang show in 2005. The sound was fantastic and they played a fantastic show. But when Mick introduced a new song "Rough Justice", people from every section stood up and went out to buy popcorn, hot dogs, chips, beers and sodas. During "Back of My Hand" people shouted from behind that I had to sit down, and when I refused to do so, someone threw empty bags of chips and other garbage at my back. I then choose to sit down. During the new slow version of 19th Nervous Breakdown, even more people left to buy even more food, snacks and drinks. People seemed to be standing in lines to get out from every exit inside the venue. Too many people watched the show like they watch TV, at least during the first part. During the so called warhorses, all people stood up and paid more attention to the band. (And some wonder why they play Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar and JJ Flash at every show.)
So what, EVERYONE gets up to take a leak during Piss You

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 08:26

IrisC

U2 in 2015 are MSG... Great visuals, AWFUL sound. We were seated right at end of runway, lowest level. Ears pinned back in loud songs, everyone leaning forward in softer moments to try and hear anything... Dreadful

Rod

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2016 10:38

potus43
The Worst.
IrisC

Not me! But I don´t care if some do. And I don´t care that others around me don´t care about the show. I don´t care if people chose to waste $500 on a ticket for a show they don´t care about. But I think it is annoying when people talk so much that it becomes difficult to pay attention to the music. And I think it is annoying when people expect you to sit down 2/3 of the show, but you have to stand up to give room for people that are walking in and out all the time to buy pizzas, nachos, hot dogs, beers and cocktails. And it is annoying when people behind you who are talking most of the time gets annoyed when you stand up to watch Mick and Keith having a great moment on stage. But I don´t want to sound too grumpy. I love MSG (probably most because of historical reasons) and would probably go there again to see The Rolling Stones if they return in the near future. All I´m saying is that in my experience the crowd there seems to be a bit more spoiled than other places I´ve been to.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 8, 2016 17:48

There are many many better sounding arenas around the country. One thing for sure is that the MSG crowds are low energy. They acted like they were sitting at home watching a DVD. Best Stones crowd I ever heard was in St louis during the Bigger Bang tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 18:46 by More Hot Rocks.

Expected announcement of UK Shows, when???
Date: April 8, 2016 13:32

Like Jagger has stated on Monday, the stones will return to the UK. Probably later this year, as keith has said, some shows later this year. My guess is keef is talking about the UK Gigs.

So, when will there be an announcement??? I think, at the start of August.

Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 13:39 by corriecas.

Re: Expected announcement of UK Shows, when???
Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 13:40

As much as I want them to play here I can't see it being here until next summer.

Date: April 8, 2016 13:50

Rollin92
As much as I want them to play here I can't see it being here until next summer.

Well, if they want to do some gigs in the fall, the O2 is an option,isnot it??
Jeroen

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 14:19

corriecas
Rollin92

Jeroen

Although the set list was fabulous, I hope they are more moderately priced than the 2012 shows.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 14:23

desertblues68
corriecas
Rollin92

Jeroen

Although the set list was fabulous, I hope they are more moderately priced than the 2012 shows.

I really would like to see them play Wembley Stadium. But if they would play better setlists in an indoor arena like in 2012/2013 I would be okay with the O2.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 8, 2016 14:32

most likely 6-8 weeks before the first show

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:47

I think the Stones generally like playing the UK in the summer months - the two 02 shows were an exception.

The Stones also love touring when there is a major soccer competition in play and this summer - from June 11 - we have Euro 2016.

I reckon they may still line up some stadium dates in the UK - with Wembley being the likely venue in the south.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2016 15:51

desertblues68

maje that : "I'm sure the 2012 shows will seem moderately priced compared to what they'll announce for the indoor 2016 shows" winking smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:15

Silver Dagger

The Stones also love touring when there is a major soccer competition in play and this summer - from June 11 - we have Euro 2016.

Good point.

Do you think it's because they like the challenge, albeit risk of under-selling, or because it's a plus, because of cross-selling (people want to party more, there is a stadium-beer attraction)?

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: April 8, 2016 19:17

dcba
desertblues68

maje that : "I'm sure the 2012 shows will seem moderately priced compared to what they'll announce for the indoor 2016 shows" winking smiley

Might have to ask for a loan this timesmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-08 19:22 by desertblues68.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 8, 2016 23:09

The Worst.
potus43
The Worst.
IrisC

Not me! But I don´t care if some do. And I don´t care that others around me don´t care about the show. I don´t care if people chose to waste $500 on a ticket for a show they don´t care about. But I think it is annoying when people talk so much that it becomes difficult to pay attention to the music. And I think it is annoying when people expect you to sit down 2/3 of the show, but you have to stand up to give room for people that are walking in and out all the time to buy pizzas, nachos, hot dogs, beers and cocktails. And it is annoying when people behind you who are talking most of the time gets annoyed when you stand up to watch Mick and Keith having a great moment on stage. But I don´t want to sound too grumpy. I love MSG (probably most because of historical reasons) and would probably go there again to see The Rolling Stones if they return in the near future. All I´m saying is that in my experience the crowd there seems to be a bit more spoiled than other places I´ve been to.

I SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2016 00:36

tumbled
The Worst.
potus43
The Worst.
IrisC

I SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Y'all sound like you're talking about LA.
MSG has had the best Rolling Stones fans outside of Las Vegas.

That's right.. Vegas. It has been my favorite city to see them in for the last 15+ years. Fans are there to have a Good Time and Stones fans come from all over (first met bv there, by chance) the world because its cheap and easy (like me).

Can't wait till the next one.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 9, 2016 06:35

MisterDDDD
tumbled
The Worst.
potus43
The Worst.
IrisC

I SO AGREE WITH YOU!!!

Y'all sound like you're talking about LA.
MSG has had the best Rolling Stones fans outside of Las Vegas.

That's right.. Vegas. It has been my favorite city to see them in for the last 15+ years. Fans are there to have a Good Time and Stones fans come from all over (first met bv there, by chance) the world because its cheap and easy (like me).

Can't wait till the next one.

What about both? Might get interesting this fall.

Re: Stones 2016 tour rumors - North America etc
Date: April 9, 2016 16:00

I just got some very good information regarding these North American rumours the Stones are definitely making plans to play in North America in October.

Some people on this board know who my source of information is so you know this information is rock solid.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: April 9, 2016 16:08

Thank you Nate :-)
Any news regarding the UK?

Date: April 9, 2016 16:20

spunky

No nothing mentioned about the UK although that doesn't mean there won't be but I was told that the next shows are being planned for North America in October.

Nate thumbs up

Date: April 9, 2016 16:24

Thanks Nate, you got my weekend off to a great start!

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 9, 2016 16:54

Nate
spunky

No nothing mentioned about the UK although that doesn't mean there won't be but I was told that the next shows are being planned for North America in October.

Nate thumbs up

I worked out your source some time ago. I know its 100% gold info - so thanks for sharing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home