Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 22:18

was at those shows too! Great! and GREAT crowds

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: April 3, 2016 23:49

MSG is NOT overrated. Not sure what these people are smoking. It's the worlds most famous arena. Ask Walt "Clyde" Frazier!

Posted by: mistermorphine ()
Date: April 4, 2016 00:05

As I was listening to Classic Vinyl on Sirius/XM today they mentioned The Stones to tour North America after the release of the new album, probably starting in October.
This by no means was NOT AN OFFICAL announcement, just the guy spinning a Stones song

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-04 00:07 by mistermorphine.

Re: October 7 California
Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 4, 2016 00:58

Staples Center again would be wonderful!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:20

IrisC
MSG is NOT overrated. Not sure what these people are smoking. It's the worlds most famous arena. Ask Walt "Clyde" Frazier!

Yeah, it's the Mecca of basketball. Of course we all know how popular Mecca is in America today.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 4, 2016 01:24

And get rid of the floor seats don't need them!!

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 4, 2016 03:07

IrisC

Popular doesn't mean great.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 4, 2016 03:40

2014Slayer

The sound is terrible, like playing in a concrete box.

Date: April 4, 2016 04:23

Thread should be retitled: Stones 2016 tour wishes

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: April 5, 2016 01:55

IrisC

You got it! Clyde!!!

Date: April 5, 2016 01:56

24FPS
IrisC

Yeah, it's the Mecca of basketball. Of course we all know how popular Mecca is in America today.

Once again we have a political IDIOT

Date: April 5, 2016 01:59

RockinJive
potus43
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98
Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump.

Place brings out the best in performers and fans..
Especially for The Rolling Stones. Of course it does.
It's New York for chrissakes. (from a non-NY'er)

You are correct. The BEST place ever for the Stones

I guess you never saw the Stones anywhere else. Like it was mentioned before. The place is close to being a dump and the NYC fans are lame. Really really boring people.

you would be correct OTHER than the roughly 220 OTHER times I have seen them. You barking up the wrong tree when talking about how many times and locations -which includes Europe and Japan. But nice try!

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 5, 2016 23:31

went to roseland and gotta say that calling out nooyawkers as lame hits the nail right on the head. always mouthing off that they've seen it all but if that were true they would have shut up a LONG time ago. love being in manhattan though.

actually think san francisco is the best place to see them.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: April 6, 2016 01:10

Big Al
I would just like to add to my earlier comments: I, actually, have no issues with the Rolling Stones touring North America once more antime soon; yet, I genuinely feel a more comprehensive U.K. vist is warranted; especially considering their ages' and future continuation. I understand that they are tax exiles and - like with what happened during the Bridges To Babylon tour - they, perhaps, may be wary of 'overstaying', but I do believe the United Kingdom is deserving of a little more. An appropriate U.K. tour could look something like this :-

Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
Belfast
Cardiff
london

no Blackpool?

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 02:43

sundevil
went to roseland and gotta say that calling out nooyawkers as lame hits the nail right on the head. always mouthing off that they've seen it all but if that were true they would have shut up a LONG time ago. love being in manhattan though.

actually think san francisco is the best place to see them.

You know nothing

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 6, 2016 03:05

potus43
RockinJive
potus43
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98
Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump.

I guess you never saw the Stones anywhere else. Like it was mentioned before. The place is close to being a dump and the NYC fans are lame. Really really boring people.

you would be correct OTHER than the roughly 220 OTHER times I have seen them. You barking up the wrong tree when talking about how many times and locations -which includes Europe and Japan. But nice try!

yeah right.........

Date: April 6, 2016 06:33

Maybe we ought to start a separate thread for "Opinions on Madison Square Garden"...

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 6, 2016 07:05

I would just be happy that they are in talks about a show in NY. And Vegas. Maybe more. Roctober.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-04-06 07:27 by mpj200.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 6, 2016 07:16

SweetCousinCocaine
Maybe we ought to start a separate thread for "Opinions on Madison Square Garden"...

thumbs up

I've been there once and had a great time!
Great people, great vibe, and oozing with history.

With that said, the L.A. Forum is far better in every way. smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 6, 2016 07:43

Lots of complaints about MSG. It's the spiritual home for the boys in the US. Still a blast to see them there.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 6, 2016 18:07

mpj200
I would just be happy that they are in talks about a show in NY. And Vegas. Maybe more. Roctober.

Holy Holy. BV has 'said' it twice in a week, now you, God help me the hope runs thru again shoots up the middle of my heart
I MAY GET TO SEE THE STONES AGAIN?
Oh tricky Mick.
Need to get a summer job, make a RS account.
Long live The Rolling Stones.

Date: April 6, 2016 20:14

what did BV say twice in one week

Date: April 6, 2016 22:33

jumpontopofmebaby
what did BV say twice in one week

*nothing concrete, but I am somewhat cynical/ non believing of any Stones shows in the future, I thought OLE SA tour, then Cuba, Exibition-ism
might be the way to go out without declaring (class)
but I surmise from what I've read the RS
have actually agreed to shows USA in Fall of 2016.
But what do I really know? Nada.
Hope it is okay if I paste from BV's very cool tour blog:
"And the best part is I know there will be more shows by the Rolling Stones later this year. Until then, thanks to everyone I met on tour, we are so lucky to have our band still on the road, year after year, show after show. But now, for half a year, home sweet home!"
smileys with beer

Posted by: StonesNYc ()
Date: April 6, 2016 22:36

Another tour another live album with the same songs...

Date: April 6, 2016 22:57

StonesNYc
Another tour another live album with the same songs...

*what about the new album? Sounds like they'd tour to promote it (new music)

Date: April 6, 2016 23:53

StonedAsia
Lots of complaints about MSG. It's the spiritual home for the boys in the US. Still a blast to see them there.

Exactly. Their HOME!

Date: April 6, 2016 23:57

Cooltoplady
potus43
RockinJive
potus43
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

yeah right.........

That response = JEALOUSY

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 7, 2016 00:14

IrisC

I have mixed emotions about MSG. It is a terrific and legendary venue, but the crowd seems to be a bit spoiled. I remember the Bigger Bang show in 2005. The sound was fantastic and they played a fantastic show. But when Mick introduced a new song "Rough Justice", people from every section stood up and went out to buy popcorn, hot dogs, chips, beers and sodas. During "Back of My Hand" people shouted from behind that I had to sit down, and when I refused to do so, someone threw empty bags of chips and other garbage at my back. I then choose to sit down. During the new slow version of 19th Nervous Breakdown, even more people left to buy even more food, snacks and drinks. People seemed to be standing in lines to get out from every exit inside the venue. Too many people watched the show like they watch TV, at least during the first part. During the so called warhorses, all people stood up and paid more attention to the band. (And some wonder why they play Satisfaction, Honky Tonk Women, Brown Sugar and JJ Flash at every show.)

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: April 7, 2016 05:05

I was at that 2005 MSG show as well and to be honest it was my least favorite Stones show I've ever attended. To be fair part of the reason was I had horrible seats, some jerks behind us spilled a beer on my date and some neighbors down the row wouldn't stop yapping while we were trying to enjoy Alanis as the opener.
I recall the slow version of 19th went over like a lead balloon, plus I think they played Stand Up,Get up or something which was also met with indifference. So I'm sorta leaning to agreeing that MSG is not as special as once was. Even the January 2006 Wed show's crowd was a little off. Had a few people scream at me to sit down...at the start of the show!
Back in '98 I was in the 2nd row for one of the nights and in the nosebleeds for another and wow there was just a great buzz in the building! I'm actually hoping they play Barclay's again if they return to NYC, and I'm really hoping for a Vegas date because it's been 3 long years since I've visited there!!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 7, 2016 07:22

24FPS
2014Slayer

The sound is terrible, like playing in a concrete box.

We had fantastic seats there, and it sounded great! Would rather be in an arena than a stadium again. We were a little disappointed with Petco Park, and all the rude people walking in front of us the entire concert.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1853
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home