Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:40

DandelionPowderman
monkeymantoo
Chuck is doing just 8 shows with David Gilmour from 27 June over 4 weeks. That allows for other opportunities...

Chuck and Gilmour? That's a weird match...

Just as weird as Chuck and the Stones smoking smiley

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:40

DandelionPowderman
monkeymantoo
Chuck is doing just 8 shows with David Gilmour from 27 June over 4 weeks. That allows for other opportunities...

So is Chuck and the Stones!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:41

More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98
Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump.

Place brings out the best in performers and fans..
Especially for The Rolling Stones. Of course it does.
It's New York for chrissakes. (from a non-NY'er)

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:42

I would just like to add to my earlier comments: I, actually, have no issues with the Rolling Stones touring North America once more antime soon; yet, I genuinely feel a more comprehensive U.K. vist is warranted; especially considering their ages' and future continuation. I understand that they are tax exiles and - like with what happened during the Bridges To Babylon tour - they, perhaps, may be wary of 'overstaying', but I do believe the United Kingdom is deserving of a little more. An appropriate U.K. tour could look something like this :-

Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
Belfast
Cardiff
london

Date: April 1, 2016 16:43

Harlem Shuffler
DandelionPowderman
monkeymantoo

So is Chuck and the Stones!

True, but there is a difference between Honky Tonk Women and Welcome To The Machine...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:46

Okay, I have now realised that the previous comment of mine that I was referring to, was actually in a different thread. Oh, well!

Date: April 1, 2016 16:56

Big Al
Okay, I have now realised that the previous comment of mine that I was referring to, was actually in a different thread. Oh, well!

It suits just fine here, too. I agree thumbs up

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:09

Big Al
I would just like to add to my earlier comments: I, actually, have no issues with the Rolling Stones touring North America once more antime soon; yet, I genuinely feel a more comprehensive U.K. vist is warranted; especially considering their ages' and future continuation. I understand that they are tax exiles and - like with what happened during the Bridges To Babylon tour - they, perhaps, may be wary of 'overstaying', but I do believe the United Kingdom is deserving of a little more. An appropriate U.K. tour could look something like this :-

Glasgow
Newcastle
Sheffield
Manchester
Liverpool
Birmingham
Belfast
Cardiff
london

While that would be nice, I can't see it ever happening in a million years. The last time they did 10 UK dates in a European Tour was 1990! Other than club shows, VL & BtB got 4 each & 5 out of 8 were at Wembley.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 1, 2016 17:12

Might be - at least somewhere.

People are genuinely pleased you’re still going. Will there be future tours?

Yeah, yeah, yeah! We’re planning some gigs later on this year. I take each tour as it comes and at the moment I’m still shaking Cuba off me.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 1, 2016 18:58

MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98
Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump.

I have to agree with More Hot Rocks. I've been to 2 shows at MSG. Lame crowd and yes the arena is one step above The Maple Leaf Gardens that was moth balled many years ago. MSG is way overrated. People from NYC don't get out much.

Posted by: MrMibbs ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:21

Hairball
Stones50
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

Not to worry, it IS happening

Everything is pointing to the positive - I'd go so far as to say it's a done deal!
Just waiting for official announcement at this point. thumbs up
Cannot wait for "The Standard 18 Tour"

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2016 19:59

MrMibbs
Hairball
Stones50
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

Not to worry, it IS happening

Everything is pointing to the positive - I'd go so far as to say it's a done deal!
Just waiting for official announcement at this point. thumbs up
Cannot wait for "The Standard 18 Tour"

We'll be lucky if it's event that at this point.
Might be called "The Same Old 17 Tour".

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: April 2, 2016 20:12

RockinJive
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

I have to agree with More Hot Rocks. I've been to 2 shows at MSG. Lame crowd and yes the arena is one step above The Maple Leaf Gardens that was moth balled many years ago. MSG is way overrated. People from NYC don't get out much.

Could not be more wrong. Have been at EVERY Stones MSG show since 1969. The best place for the Stones

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: April 2, 2016 22:54

It will be only North America for sure? Or global tour with Europe etc.?

Date: April 2, 2016 23:31

North America

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 2, 2016 23:39

"MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump."

Well, Im from NYC and i have to agree with this statement.
Before the renovations that were done 5-6 years ago it was an intimate arena.
There was 2 inner circles within the arena space that allowed you to walk a full 360 degrees inside the arena space. They took those out and now its a less intimate feel at the shows. Its still small for an arena, but the closed seating sections have taken away that communal feeling that MSG used to have at shows.
I would not call it a dump though, they really improved the concession areas.

But I have to agree as far as performing there, its NYC and when bands play MSG they seem to take it up a notch.
But for the fan experience its not as good as it used to be.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 00:22

My experience here on iorr.... After almost 10 pages of rumours.....there must be
something right

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 3, 2016 00:56

MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

MSG is indeed overrated, but mostly for basketball. They call it the Mecca of basketball, when nothing has been won there since 1973. But it does bring something out in the Stones. I'm surprised it hasn't been knocked down and replaced with a better facility. Brooklyn has a better setup than NYC now.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 3, 2016 02:23

spikenyc
"MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump."

There was 2 inner circles within the arena space that allowed you to walk a full 360 degrees inside the arena space. They took those out and now its a less intimate feel at the shows. Its still small for an arena, but the closed seating sections have taken away that communal feeling that MSG used to have at shows.

But I have to agree as far as performing there, its NYC and when bands play MSG they seem to take it up a notch.

this is all true, the difference between the old and new arenas. The thing is, before and after the show, you are in New York with manhattan at your feet, something that MSG has over everyplace else.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 3, 2016 02:42

Rokyfan
spikenyc

this is all true, the difference between the old and new arenas. The thing is, before and after the show, you are in New York with manhattan at your feet, something that MSG has over everyplace else.

Yeah Rockyfan, I've walked by MSG many times and my heart always skips a few beats imaging The Rolling Stones on the big sign. What a cool thing that would be.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 3, 2016 02:43

potus43
RockinJive
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

Could not be more wrong. Have been at EVERY Stones MSG show since 1969. The best place for the Stones

MSG is not the great. I don't know why all the hype about MSG. I've been to many arenas around the country. I would rate MSG as last. I've seen 4 MSG shows. Yes the Stones were great but NYC audience is pretty boring. NYC people have no clue. Maybe they are used to it. I hope they skip NYC and play a place where they are appreciated. Wine and cheese people have no place at a Stones concert.

Date: April 3, 2016 04:02

Cooltoplady
Wine and cheese people have no place at a Stones concert.

Where have you been for the last 25 years...the wine and cheese people make up a majority at every Stones show.
And then there's the caviar and champagne people.

Long gone are the days of most fans being content with simply beers and burgers, although you'll still find a few of us there.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: April 3, 2016 04:43

Hairball
Cooltoplady
Wine and cheese people have no place at a Stones concert.

Where have you been for the last 25 years...the wine and cheese people make up a majority at every Stones show.
And then there's the caviar and champagne people.

Long gone are the days of most fans being content with simply beers and burgers, although you'll still find a few of us there.

That's the whole problem. You are right

October 7 California
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:00

Before the Cuba gig I was chatting to various Stones crew and personnel.A reliable source informed me that the boys will be back on the road in sunny California on October 7.Not sure of the exact location.Maybe LA?

Re: October 7 California
Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:40

Maybe this is the location:
[www.oceanwayrecording.com]
cool smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 3, 2016 11:57

Hollywood or Sherman Oaks?

Date: April 3, 2016 18:37

MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

You are correct. The BEST place ever for the Stones

Date: April 3, 2016 19:14

stargroover
Before the Cuba gig I was chatting to various Stones crew and personnel.A reliable source informed me that the boys will be back on the road in sunny California on October 7.Not sure of the exact location.Maybe LA?

thumbs up

Could be...

Rose bowl, Dodger stadium, Coliseum.
Staples, Forum, Hollywood Bowl.
Fonda, Wiltern, Pantages.

Looking forward...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 3, 2016 19:55

potus43
MisterDDDD
More Hot Rocks
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

You are correct. The BEST place ever for the Stones

I guess you never saw the Stones anywhere else. Like it was mentioned before. The place is close to being a dump and the NYC fans are lame. Really really boring people.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 3, 2016 20:25

Been to Sabbath and The Who at MSG lately. Great shows, great crowd. And I've been to a few different venues and shows over Europe and partly the world.

Stop fighting about who's backyard is the greatest. All I care about is a Stones' show less than 3 hours away by plane. No matter when and where.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home