Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 27, 2016 23:24

calipachangero
I doubt there will be a summer tour, be it in the states or in Europe, as Chuck Leavell will join David Gilmour to tour europe in June and July.

See interview: [www.al.com]

Or it means that a change is coming up on the keyboards section.

There is no chance that Chuck would be replaced.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 27, 2016 23:30

The most likely scenario appears to be a return to the recording studio in April and if sessions go well and its finished by the Autumn then it could be a 15 date or so tour at the end of the year.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 27, 2016 23:40

MacLaurens
calipachangero
I doubt there will be a summer tour, be it in the states or in Europe, as Chuck Leavell will join David Gilmour to tour europe in June and July.

There is no chance that Chuck would be replaced.

...unfortunately.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 28, 2016 01:20

calipachangero

*Cool interview, thanks for posting, and congratulations Chuck Leavell!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 28, 2016 01:59

I for one have both my fingers and toes crossed for a small U.S. tour this fall! Due to severe back problems followed by major surgery in November I had to miss the whole Zip Code tour except for San Diego and of course South America was out of the question too, what better way to celebrate my eventual recovery than to see the Stones a few more times! The west coast was overlooked completely except for San Diego and the two club shows last year so I don't think I'm the only one willing to fork out $$$ by far, bring it on!!!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2016 03:25

Thru and Thru, best to you for continued healing and I hope you do get to celebrate your recovery with the Stones.

As for me, at this point, I'll take whatever comes my way, but I would dearly love a few summer dates....please and thank you. smiling smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 28, 2016 03:33

latebloomer
Thru and Thru, best to you for continued healing and I hope you do get to celebrate your recovery with the Stones.

As for me, at this point, I'll take whatever comes my way, but I would dearly love a few summer dates....please and thank you. smiling smiley

Thanks! smiling smiley

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: February 28, 2016 06:01

KRiffhard
mpj200
mtaylor
corriecas
KRiffhard
I want a new album...can't wait! C'mon Stones!

Would prefer some European shows, rather than a new album. although some new songs are appreciated.
jeroen

Clapton will release a new album in May, why not Stones?
It is not because Clapton plays lots of his new songs....

It's possible that Clapton recorded at the same studio and he Stones in December. It's also possible he played on a new (old) Stones song.

...new (old) Stones song? Do you mean an old Stones outtake?

Something new mate. And something borrowed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-28 06:05 by mpj200.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: February 28, 2016 06:44

Sorry All...London is home... :-)))

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 28, 2016 06:47

Scoborio St is mine .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 28, 2016 09:54

mpj200
KRiffhard
mpj200
mtaylor
corriecas
KRiffhard
I want a new album...can't wait! C'mon Stones!

Would prefer some European shows, rather than a new album. although some new songs are appreciated.
jeroen

Clapton will release a new album in May, why not Stones?
It is not because Clapton plays lots of his new songs....

It's possible that Clapton recorded at the same studio and he Stones in December. It's also possible he played on a new (old) Stones song.

...new (old) Stones song? Do you mean an old Stones outtake?

Something new mate. And something borrowed.

thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 28, 2016 23:01

I don't think the Stones will tour US/Canada in winter time. A fall release of cd I can't see it, takes time. However I hope they will consider doing the west coast they missed, Seattle/Vancouver and while they are at it why not do more dates like Calgary havent been there since 2005/Winnipeg last time 97 or 94? Its time they
came back to these places. Would make the fans there very happy.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 01:56

They could always just play a show or two. Especially if there were a new venue somewhere about to opensmiling smiley You never know!

Posted by: Bobbyb98 ()
Date: March 18, 2016 02:38

Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 18, 2016 04:30

Bobbyb98
Any updates on the potential of a US tour this summer? It would make sense for them to at least play NY and LA after missing those cities on the Zip Code Tour.
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: March 30, 2016 16:54

As was pointed out upthread, Chuck is the main man to watch here. Other sidemen/women are easily replaceable, but there's no way they do it without Chuck. Gilmour on the other hand, can continue to tour *without* Chuck, so I'm thinking there must have been some type of conversation with the Stones camp, to clear Chuck's calendar to go with Dave. In my opinion this announcement of Chuck going with Dave Gilmour makes the speculation about the Stones doing a studio thing in summer, become far more likely.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 20:17

RollingFreak
Bobbyb98
It is pretty surprising that they have not playing Madison Square Garden since the 50th tours started. Besides that one little appearance for Hurricane Sandy, but still. What up with avoiding the World's Most Famous Arena?

Not to worry, it IS happening

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 30, 2016 20:33

Stones50
RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

Not to worry, it IS happening

Everything is pointing to the positive - I'd go so far as to say it's a done deal!
Just waiting for official announcement at this point. thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 30, 2016 20:55

I don't see a reason for them to come to the Los Angeles/Southern California area any time soon. They just played here in 2013, and they won't even have Mick Taylor as an extra attraction this time. To hear that lame ass setlist once again holds no intrigue. Unless they can somehow mix it up, give added value, I don't see the point.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 21:00

Bitter pill to swallow indeed if they play the USA again before the UK.

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:02

24FPS
I don't see a reason for them to come to the Los Angeles/Southern California area any time soon. They just played here in 2013, and they won't even have Mick Taylor as an extra attraction this time. To hear that lame ass setlist once again holds no intrigue. Unless they can somehow mix it up, give added value, I don't see the point.

Perhaps a new album would provide the opportunity to "mix it up, give added value" if they actually played multiple songs from it during each show.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:04

Rollin92
Bitter pill to swallow indeed if they play the USA again before the UK.

Not bloody kidding sad smiley. IF it wasn't for this little island, there would be no Rolling Stones and they'd do well to remember that. It's all about ££££ or rather $$$$ sad smiley

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:07

I don't see them doing anymore live gigs.
But then again, I've learned to never, ever,
get your hopes up with the RS.
Oh I've been thrilled beyond lately, finally,
but do not count on anything.
Sorry. Don't see it.
Believe it when I see it.
(Or when BV says it. Tickets on sale, maybe. Then.)
Sad, but true.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:32

Ok, I predict a September release date for their New Cd entitled Bare Bones. The tour will START in Boston at the TD North Arena ( not Fenway! I hate Fenway..very poor sound and the band playing by the Green Monster SUCKS because the seating is way back!Yes, they have " floor seating " but if you are NOT on the floor, you can't see well!). Their next stop is NYC, or Brooklyn---the Barclay Center, 3 nights. Then on to Hartford Civi Center and then Philly for 3 shows. ( one will be at the Tower, very expensive gig!).
After this first leg, it's on to Montreal's Bell Centre and then Toronto.
After that Chicago, Nashville, Dallas, San Francisco, LA and Las Vagas.
All of the shows will be arenas with a few select club gigs thrown in....the Beacon Theatre would be NICE or Radio City Music Hall. Cozy!
Of course, prices will NOT exceed $200 because this tour will be their GIFT to fans!

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:44

Chuck is doing just 8 shows with David Gilmour from 27 June over 4 weeks. That allows for other opportunities...

Date: March 30, 2016 23:52

monkeymantoo
Chuck is doing just 8 shows with David Gilmour from 27 June over 4 weeks. That allows for other opportunities...

Chuck and Gilmour? That's a weird match...

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: March 30, 2016 23:56

I am inclined to believe more shows are planned. Why would they bother to release the new app when they did - a few days before the end of the Ole Tour, unless there was something more planned to leverage it? Particularly since it includes the 'live stream' (which has so far streamed nothing) ? As long as everyone's health holds up, they've got all the infrastructure to keep going (the stage, screens, support staff, supporting musicians, online presence, etc).

Especially if there is a new album coming after all these years. I just can not see them releasing a new album without doing any shows to support / promote it.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 31, 2016 00:08

SA fantastic tour without Lisa Fischer.
A tour without both Chuck and Lisa will be the best ever. Come to Europe, please.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:04

People are genuinely pleased you’re still going. Will there be future tours?

Keith: Yeah, yeah, yeah! We’re planning some gigs later on this year. I take each tour as it comes and at the moment I’m still shaking Cuba off me.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 1, 2016 16:16

RollingFreak
Bobbyb98

MSG is the most overrated arena in the country. Nothing special at all. In fact its almost cold and out of date. I think the only people that like this place are people from NYC. I think its almost a dump.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home