Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 77
Re: Potential US Tour This Year
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2016 20:35

reg thorpe
The Sicilian
I'm hoping for a Dead & Company stadium tour this summer, but I'll take the arena first.

they are doing a stadium tour this summer Citifield and Fenway to name two

06/09-12 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music Festival
06/10 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
06/16 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
06/17 – Noblesville, IN @ Klipsch Music Center
06/20 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
06/21 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
06/23 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
06/25 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
06/26 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
06/28 – Hartford, CT @ Xfinity Theatre
07/02 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field
07/03 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field
07/07 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
07/09 – Elkhorn, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
07/10 – Elkhorn, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
07/13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ First Niagara Pavilion
07/15 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
07/16 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

Thanks Reg, I'm hoping for Buffalo slot in there. Big time. They played Buffalo right after Boston last fall. The Boston show had a fantastic set list but Buffalo got "China Doll." Only time played on the fall leg.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 11, 2016 20:37

deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 20:42 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 21:09

They'll tag some UK dates to a US tour, their home crowd wants more than just Exhibitionism. We've waited patiently for 3 years for our boys to bring it on home.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 22:28

They better hit the Pacific Northwest this time!! Vancouver/Seattle/Portland as well as a couple other shows in Western Canada (please).

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 22:53

Please let it be the UK and Europe for the summer 2016.

Date: February 11, 2016 22:58

GlimmerGirl24
If they record an album over the summer, a six week tour through the US in the fall to promote it isn't improbable. I haven't heard anything about dates being held at any venues though.

It has been three years since they hit the major US markets and they do seem to be getting into a pattern of six weeks of touring twice an year.

I must have been dreaming when I saw them in Raleigh and Atlanta in 2015....
Time for you to get a new calendar.

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: February 11, 2016 23:34

If they do come back do not count out a Texas date. Dallas / Arlington was a true sell out and tickets sold fast.

Houston or Austin would be my guess

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 12, 2016 01:20

odean73

Agreed smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer
jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 01:24

corriecas
odean73

Agreed smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer
jeroen

Even more agreed thumbs up

smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:12

my $2c..

I do expect something in the UK around the Exhibitionism.. that opens early April and that ain't too long after they finished OLE.. now I don't expect them to play outdoors that time, so if something like this happens it will be May probably.. No I don't believe in a larger tour in Europe at this point.. but who knows.. let them finish off the record and do some indoor shows in the US in the fall, and hit Europe 'properly' in 2017

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:16

Peterh
my $2c..

I do expect something in the UK around the Exhibitionism.. that opens early April and that ain't too long after they finished OLE.. now I don't expect them to play outdoors that time, so if something like this happens it will be May probably.. No I don't believe in a larger tour in Europe at this point.. but who knows.. let them finish off the record and do some indoor shows in the US in the fall, and hit Europe 'properly' in 2017

Hope you're right on this one... would love to see them on their home turf.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:21

DGA35
They better hit the Pacific Northwest this time!! Vancouver/Seattle/Portland as well as a couple other shows in Western Canada (please).

Me too, they are long overdue for a trip to the Pacific Northwest....

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:35

if they all stay healthy and on good terms I see this short tour, short break pattern continuing indefinitely. i'm hoping for u.s. arenas in the fall or spring 2017. there is no chance they come back to the states before this fall though.

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:41

ouroux58
everwest1
GlimmerGirl24
everwest1
Wrap up Ole' tour... wrap up new album... embark on tour with high priced tickets in NA arenas in big time cities like LA SF LV CHI TOR NYC towards the end of 2016... head to the football pitches of Europe late Spring-Summer of 2017... then maybe back to Australia and Japan...

That's my guess too - US late this year, followed by Europe and then Asia and Australia towards the end of 17.

I'd add Philadelphia, Boston, Phoenix and Seattle/Vancouver to your list of cities.

We have to realize that every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.
you can say that again...

every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.

That is fact 1962, and I have felt that way for the last 30+ years...
what a thrill it has been!!

Think the gift is for them wrapped in bank notes smoking smiley

Do you mean to say it cost money to do great things? Really?
Do you mean to say...
The best things in life are not free? REALLY???
Well then...
you can give free things to the birds and bees... cuz I want money
That's what I want. That's what I want. That's what I want.

Her love gives me such a thrill
But her love won't pay my bills
I want money, Yes, That's what I want. That's what I want.

That could almost be a song or something...

Some of the best money I have ever spent was on Rolling Stones concerts
and the fun crap they sell there.... I hope I never come to my senses or run out of money

every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.

As much as I would like to see the Stones play live in person right now down in South America, and it is fun to see the fans down there put on their performances for The Stones... I would rather see the band perform for me on my home turf... and I have some money to happily give them when they come back here or put out a new album

Posted by: king ()
Date: February 12, 2016 02:49

Deepest thanks for all your responses to my thread.
I live in Melbourne Australia and was fortunate to see the band in Buffalo last year-an amazing experience!!!!!
My dream is to see them at MSG in New York-it might just happen!!

Date: February 12, 2016 04:21

king
I live in Melbourne Australia and was fortunate to see the band in Buffalo last year-an amazing experience!!!!!

It certainly was, and a beautiful night at that.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 12, 2016 04:43

I think the US market is a no-go in 2016 if they plan on charging outrageous amounts of money for tickets. Yes, the ticket price issue. Their LED screen stage has paid for itself by now, and there is no need for a new stage at all. If they came back and charged a flat $40 USD a pop for tickets then I think that would be great. Stop sucking the monetary life out of ordinary people.

The other thing is that boredom has set in for the average Rolling Stones "fan." Change the set list to alleviate the boredom - and then we have the usual debate that we are also bored with.

I know I have said this before, but they should seriously consider hanging up the guitars after South America. Us poor audience gringos don't stand a chance against the passion of the Latin audiences.

The fitting end would be a "Glastonbury II" at a big venue in London in September televised around the world for free. I would rather see that for an ending than one of them having a heart attack or a stroke on stage.

They stop touring but it doesn't mean the end of "The Rolling Stones." They can still record if it feels right. Think about it, they don't even have to officially release albums anymore if they want. They can just post music for free or put it on iTunes.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 12, 2016 04:44

There was a rumour last summer but how about 40th anniversary Knebworth ?

iorr.org

Date: February 12, 2016 06:19

MileHigh
I think the US market is a no-go in 2016 if they plan on charging outrageous amounts of money for tickets. Yes, the ticket price issue. Their LED screen stage has paid for itself by now, and there is no need for a new stage at all. If they came back and charged a flat $40 USD a pop for tickets then I think that would be great. Stop sucking the monetary life out of ordinary people.

People pay $40 for a parking spot. That will never happen.

The other thing is that boredom has set in for the average Rolling Stones "fan." Change the set list to alleviate the boredom - and then we have the usual debate that we are also bored with.

If they won't give more songs to those Argentina fans for their enthusiasm, then it is a dead issue. If I was Jagger I certainly would, but I'm not selfish like that.

I know I have said this before, but they should seriously consider hanging up the guitars after South America. Us poor audience gringos don't stand a chance against the passion of the Latin audiences.

We would give them a run IF we had general admission for our arenas and stadiums like Argentina and so many others do. It makes a big difference. Once again, it is greed that makes that decision.

The fitting end would be a "Glastonbury II" at a big venue in London in September televised around the world for free. I would rather see that for an ending than one of them having a heart attack or a stroke on stage.

I don't think they consider England home. Maybe NYC or somewhere else.

They stop touring but it doesn't mean the end of "The Rolling Stones." They can still record if it feels right. Think about it, they don't even have to officially release albums anymore if they want. They can just post music for free or put it on iTunes.

I think touring keeps them alive.

Date: February 12, 2016 07:04

eye rolling smiley

Date: February 12, 2016 07:07

People bored with the Stones should consider moving on to things that interest them.

Re: Potential US Tour This Year?
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 12, 2016 13:33

Whilst they MAY record this year (still by no means certain), the Stones for the last couple of decades have essentially been a touring act.
Same as Chuck Berry, Little Richard and the majority of the acts, solo and group when they reach a certain age.
Some honourable exceptions of course.
Its only show biz.

Date: February 12, 2016 18:15

SA setlists don't vary much from the NA setlists I heard last summer. Don't get me wrong love the Stones and the energy level of their shows is the best I've seen in at least 3 tours.

They are a gift to see at this point for sure but even dedicated fans may tire of this setlist stagnation. It doesn't have to be rarities but they definitely have more popular songs to mine from their catalog that everyone would be singing to.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 13, 2016 00:16

DGA35

Yes agreed 100% please please do Seattle, Vancouver, how boout Victoria,BC..if Aeromith can play there last summer why cant they? Also do Edmonton, Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg. These places are overdue, hear that boys...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 13, 2016 00:17

king
My dream is to see them at MSG in New York-it might just happen!!

Thats great, I was there too loved it.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 13, 2016 04:49

Toronto here they come!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 05:14

I would love to see them tour this summer. Especially, if they take a bit of a risk and do a treat, like No Security. Play small places and change up things a bit. So something a bit different. But who am I kidding, I will go any way they present themselves. Its in the blood.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: February 13, 2016 08:31

babyblue
DGA35

Yes agreed 100% please please do Seattle, Vancouver, how boout Victoria,BC..if Aeromith can play there last summer why cant they? Also do Edmonton, Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg. These places are overdue, hear that boys...

That would be amazing if they came to Vancouver or Seattle! I think unfortunately Victoria is a little far fetched. But Vancouver and Seattle are just a ferry ride away! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-13 08:32 by stones2000.

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 25, 2016 06:26

Robin Leach clearly got the timeline of Mick's Cuba visit wrong, but perhaps there's some smoke here...

Are The Rolling Stones headed to the Las Vegas Strip?

Denise Truscello

By Robin Leach
Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2016 | 5:57 p.m.

Is Britain’s longest-reigning rock group headed to the Las Vegas Strip? I can reliably confirm that initial discussions have been held for The Rolling Stones to play the new T-Mobile Arena before year’s end.

Cuban and Spanish newspapers are reporting from President Raoul Castro’s inner circles that Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts have a March 20-21 date, the same as President Barack Obama’s scheduled visit, in a 100,000-capacity Havana park.

Mick flew there last week to make an advance check of dance clubs and music cultural center in addition to touring the capital’s historic center. Even the official Cuban Communist Party newspaper Granma covered his visit with photos of him dancing at the Shangri La club!

The DJ there played Maroon 5’s “Moves Like Jagger” for the 72-year-old rocker to dance with a group of female fans. Spain’s El Mundo newspaper reported that Keith has said that The Rolling Stones want to play in Cuba.

It would mark the end of The Rolling Stones’ Latin American tour, which currently wraps in Mexico City on March 17 after stops tonight and again Saturday in Sao Paulo, Brazil, March 2 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, March 6 in Lima, Peru, and March 10 in Bogota, Colombia.

AEG officials from Las Vegas flew to Rio de Janeiro last week to talk with the band about the possible Las Vegas dates. After landing in Bogota, The Rolling Stones get three days of rest to acclimatize themselves to the thin-air altitude at 8,661 feet above sea level.

Having been there several times, I can assure they will need the rest to be able to breathe properly while performing. Their Havana date may well be moved, but only slightly, because of President Obama’s plans to visit the communist dictatorship 227 miles from Miami now that trade restrictions are being lifted.

Cuban authorities do not want both first-time events to conflict on the same dates, as they want to score world media coverage for them separately. Something tells me that The Rolling Stones will slide rather than the president changing his schedule.

After the rock icons’ concerts, the discussions about a fall weekend of two, possibly three shows at T-Mobile Arena would become “very serious.” I was told that Mick and his three compatriots are “very open” to playing Las Vegas before year’s end and that AEG and MGM Resorts International, who run the concert bookings here, are ”ready to turn penciled dates into inked ones.”

[lasvegassun.com]

Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: jambay ()
Date: February 25, 2016 08:14

Stones!!! Coming back to the US!! soon... YES!!!

I love the new model-
short tour, take some months (not years) off, do another short tour.

And the newest version of the new model (hopefully)-
short tour, month off, finish new album, do a short tour playing 4-5 songs off of new album.

VEGAS BABY!!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1605
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home