Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 17, 2016 20:54

In all honesty, I can't see them touring again until the autumn, assuming they (logically) want to tour behind a new album.
It will take that long for them to finish an album,in my opinion.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 17, 2016 22:11

Nate
London is one of the greatest cities in the world and is in a league of its own when it comes to cities in the UK.
If the stones play in the UK and only hit London you will get people complaining that they don't play other places in the UK which is ridiculous as its only a short journey to London from anywhere in the UK and it's the best city to visit in the UK by a long shot.

Nate thumbs up

Short journey? Well its more the added expense. For two people, two tickets plus transport plus overnight accommodation and its a lot of dosh for many many people.
Its the same with Premier Football...the cost of a season ticket has taken it out of reach for many fans.Certainly not a working man's game any more.
I was a student in 1972 and could afford to travel to a Man United FA Cup game....those were the days.

Posted by: Chas44 ()
Date: January 19, 2016 01:09

I was at the show on the 17th awesome show first and only time they did might as well get juiced, also thief in he night was great.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 19, 2016 11:49

jlowe
Nate
London is one of the greatest cities in the world and is in a league of its own when it comes to cities in the UK.
If the stones play in the UK and only hit London you will get people complaining that they don't play other places in the UK which is ridiculous as its only a short journey to London from anywhere in the UK and it's the best city to visit in the UK by a long shot.

Nate thumbs up

Short journey? Well its more the added expense. For two people, two tickets plus transport plus overnight accommodation and its a lot of dosh for many many people.
Its the same with Premier Football...the cost of a season ticket has taken it out of reach for many fans.Certainly not a working man's game any more.
I was a student in 1972 and could afford to travel to a Man United FA Cup game....those were the days.

Of course I understand that it is added expense when you have to travel,I was really referring to the people who just can't be bothered to travel a short distance to see a show expecting the stones to turn up at their doorstep.

I think a lot of people are getting fed up with top flight football because of the gargantuan money the players earn now and sometimes they look like they can't even be bothered to run around for 90 minutes to earn their £250K a week and before anyone says that the stones earn similar money yes they do but they have earned it.

When you go to a football game 50% of the people will leave the game unhappy,when you go to a stones concert then everyone leaves with a huge smile on their face.

Nate thumbs up

Potential US Tour This Year?
Posted by: king ()
Date: February 11, 2016 07:29

Is there any news regarding the possibility of a US tour towards the end of this year-maybe BV might know something!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-12 05:01 by bv.

Re: Potential US Tour This Year
Posted by: jackflash1129 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:04

Title of this thread had me believing you knew something. I'm thinking they will return to Europe first.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:28

They'll probably hit the big markets in the US - L.A., NY, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, and maybe Vegas.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: February 11, 2016 08:32

I would think myself if they get a new record out by late Sept that maybe 5 to 6 shows in Europe in October and the same from mid November to mid December in the US is plausible with more to follow in early 17 but that surely depends on how the band is feeling because even working and traveling at a slower pace can still be a bit taxing when you get to their age which every year becomes more of a big deal. I just hope its a very blues based LP and that can allow them to tinker with the set list and tweak it a little more. These shows from 2012 forward will surely be their last.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:08

king
Is there any news regarding the possibility of a US tour towards the end of this year-maybe BV might know something!!

Depends on the schedule for Billionaires having birthday parties.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:13

A good source told me definitely a US tour of major cities this year.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:16

If they record an album over the summer, a six week tour through the US in the fall to promote it isn't improbable. I haven't heard anything about dates being held at any venues though.

It has been three years since they hit the major US markets and they do seem to be getting into a pattern of six weeks of touring twice an year.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:28

GlimmerGirl24
If they record an album over the summer, a six week tour through the US in the fall to promote it isn't improbable. I haven't heard anything about dates being held at any venues though.

It has been three years since they hit the major US markets and they do seem to be getting into a pattern of six weeks of touring twice an year.

Are you messaging us from a parallel universe?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:32

They will tour Europe first. I think it will be in 2017, but hope earlier.
jeroen

Posted by: everwest1 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:41

Wrap up Ole' tour... wrap up new album... embark on tour with high priced tickets in NA arenas in big time cities like LA SF LV CHI TOR NYC towards the end of 2016... head to the football pitches of Europe late Spring-Summer of 2017... then maybe back to Australia and Japan...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 10:43 by everwest1.

Date: February 11, 2016 10:50

everwest1
Wrap up Ole' tour... wrap up new album... embark on tour with high priced tickets in NA arenas in big time cities like LA SF LV CHI TOR NYC towards the end of 2016... head to the football pitches of Europe late Spring-Summer of 2017... then maybe back to Australia and Japan...

That's my guess too - US late this year, followed by Europe and then Asia and Australia towards the end of 17.

I'd add Philadelphia, Boston, Phoenix and Seattle/Vancouver to your list of cities.

Date: February 11, 2016 10:55

GlimmerGirl24
everwest1

That's my guess too - US late this year, followed by Europe and then Asia and Australia towards the end of 17.

I'd add Philadelphia, Boston, Phoenix and Seattle/Vancouver to your list of cities.
And you would be 110% correct thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 10:57

GlimmerGirl24
everwest1

We have to realize that every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.

Date: February 11, 2016 11:03

GlimmerGirl24
everwest1

We have to realize that every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.
you can say that again...

every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.

That is fact 1962, and I have felt that way for the last 30+ years...
what a thrill it has been!!

Date: February 11, 2016 11:03

what a thrill it has been and continue to be... like earlier today via periscope

Date: February 11, 2016 11:07

Turner68
GlimmerGirl24

Are you messaging us from a parallel universe?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Two six to eight week tours within a 12 month period:

Nov-Dec 2012 UK/US
May-June 2013 US with 3 dates in the UK in July
Feb-March 2014 Middle East, Asia
May-July 2014 Europe
Oct-Dec 2014 Australia, New Zealand
May-July 2015 US
Feb-March 2016 South America, Mexico

2014 there were three 4-8 week tours, but Australia/New Zealand was interrupted in March and rescheduled for the fall. The pattern that is developing is 12 weeks of touring - divided into two legs per 12 months for an eternal tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 11:10 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: February 11, 2016 11:34

If there will be another US tour I will definitely come over the pond.

I still haven't seen my favourite band in the US! Time to do something about it thumbs up

Date: February 11, 2016 11:37

DandelionPowderman
If there will be another US tour I will definitely come over the pond.

I still haven't seen my favourite band in the US! Time to do something about it thumbs up
smileys with beer

Bring your band and do a tour too !!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 12:02

EUROPE!

The place of the fastest ticket sales.
Remember they sold out big stadiums with high prices within hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-11 12:06 by 1962.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:10

They'll touring US/Canada major cities with a new album out in the fall, in 2017 they'll touring Europe stadium in late spring/summer and then they'll touring Asia/Australia/New Zeland in the fall 2017 or early 2018 with a possible comeback in US or Europe in 2018 like ABB 2007 Tour...
New album title will be the same of the Exhibition "concept":"Exhibitionism" or "Exhibitionists" and so on...And the Exhibition will continue for the next four years in the major big cities all over the world, so it is possible that next tour with a new album will last as long as possible...cool smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: MacLaurens ()
Date: February 11, 2016 13:16

mailexile67
They'll touring US/Canada major cities with a new album out in the fall, in 2017 they'll touring Europe stadium in late spring/summer and then they'll touring Asia/Australia/New Zeland in the fall 2017 or early 2018 with a possible comeback in US or Europe in 2018 like ABB 2007 Tour...
New album title will be the same of the Exhibition "concept":"Exhibitionism" or "Exhibitionists" and so on...And the Exhibition will continue for the next four years in the major big cities all over the world, so it is possible that next tour with a new album will last as long as possible...cool smileysmileys with beer

What source do you have? Or is it just speculations?

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 16:57

Just speculations...But excellent and realistic speculations!winking smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2016 17:04

I'm hoping for a Dead & Company stadium tour this summer, but I'll take the arena first.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 17:33

everwest1
GlimmerGirl24
everwest1

you can say that again...

every single minute when The Rolling Stones still exist and even play in public is a miraculous gift for us.

That is fact 1962, and I have felt that way for the last 30+ years...
what a thrill it has been!!

Think the gift is for them wrapped in bank notes smoking smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 11, 2016 17:35

The Sicilian
I'm hoping for a Dead & Company stadium tour this summer, but I'll take the arena first.

they are doing a stadium tour this summer Citifield and Fenway to name two

06/09-12 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music Festival
06/10 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
06/16 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
06/17 – Noblesville, IN @ Klipsch Music Center
06/20 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
06/21 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
06/23 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
06/25 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
06/26 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
06/28 – Hartford, CT @ Xfinity Theatre
07/02 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field
07/03 – Boulder, CO @ Folsom Field
07/07 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
07/09 – Elkhorn, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
07/10 – Elkhorn, WI @ Alpine Valley Music Theatre
07/13 – Pittsburgh, PA @ First Niagara Pavilion
07/15 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
07/16 – Boston, MA @ Fenway Park

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: February 11, 2016 20:23

I would like to see the Dead & Co as well as the Stones. May try for Saratoga for Dead. hard to make plans as I only get a few/2 weeks off works so i have to choose wisely!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home