Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2016 23:21

They have offers on their table to do 14 or so shows in all major market as long as they live. Japan, Europe, North America and so on. But... They do not sign up for anything new until max 1-2 months before it will happen. So rest assured nothing will happen until they have done their 14 or so shows on THIS tour.

Sure there is a gap of "market precence" in Vancouver, Edmonton, Seattle, North West Pacific, sure they will do a new album this year, sure they will promote it with live shows, most probably, but when you are 72 years old you don't really sign up for anything long term. You just enjoy life as it is. Right now. And right now we are talking about Latin America, nothing else.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 8, 2016 23:45

bv
They have offers on their table to do 14 or so shows in all major market as long as they live. Japan, Europe, North America and so on. But... They do not sign up for anything new until max 1-2 months before it will happen. So rest assured nothing will happen until they have done their 14 or so shows on THIS tour.

Sure there is a gap of "market precence" in Vancouver, Edmonton, Seattle, North West Pacific, sure they will do a new album this year, sure they will promote it with live shows, most probably, but when you are 72 years old you don't really sign up for anything long term. You just enjoy life as it is. Right now. And right now we are talking about Latin America, nothing else.

With all due respect, I know you and many others are focused on the Latin American tour, that is great and exciting, but for a lot of Americans who aren't making the trip down south this is of course an important and relevant topic.

Perhaps you meant that the Stones will not officially announce their intentions for 2016 NA shows prior to 1-2 months but we all know they start making such plans well in advance of that. The rumors persist, like every such tour, and this is still the best place to flush them out, imo. Please don't shut down our ability to discuss these things. Thanks Bjornulf.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2016 23:56

The Rolling Stones performed 15 shows across North America half a year ago. Just a kiss away... Sure they can do the same anytime they like. Feel free to discuss this as much as you like. I am just stating my own opinion here.

Bjornulf

Date: January 9, 2016 00:06

bv
The Rolling Stones performed 15 shows across North America half a year ago. Just a kiss away... Sure they can do the same anytime they like. Feel free to discuss this as much as you like. I am just stating my own opinion here.

Thanks. You know us Americans, we are a greedy and self interested bunch, with loads of disposable income, a fact not lost on Mr. Jagger. smoking smiley

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 9, 2016 01:04

Tour or no tour, can we delete the "Dave Matthews" references on this thread?

Date: January 9, 2016 01:30

DeanGoodman
Tour or no tour, can we delete the "Dave Matthews" references on this thread?

Not till you give us a decent interview with the guy on your site. smoking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 9, 2016 02:45

OK, first, you must recognize that Toronto is their spiritual home in North America. Not so much to do with Micahel Cohl as with Keith's legal issues in the '70s and his appreciation of how that turned out. Plus, we are the Centre of the Universe - if you sit quietly in my back yard and close your eyes, you can feel the earth spin ever so slowly around you. Whisky may be required. I'll explore the extent of this phenomenon when I move next month. I expect little change (as I still have whisky). Thus, any future North American tour must involve multiple Toronto gigs to make up for spurning us so horribly last year.

But, their last two tours have been Australasia and North America, with South America pending. So it could be argued that it is Europe's Turn, especially London, hopefully to tie in with Exhibitionism and give me an opportunity to acquire more whisky.

This time they should consult me about scheduling to ensure I don't screw up my vacation request (again), avoid secondary markets to eliminate miserable travel arrangements, and play cities that I want to visit.

Please and thank you. grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 9, 2016 04:18

I'll have what she's drinking. ^^^

Date: January 9, 2016 04:37

Nice post STG, I almost believe you but not quite. You lost me on the multiple shows part. Plus, I suspect you have not spent near enough time on the West Coast to have the proper perspective.

Lets just look at Stones lyrics to get a better spiritual home understanding, I believe California probably near the top of the list for most mentions. Have the Stones ever so graced Toronto with such honors? It's not like it's hard to rhyme with or anything. lol

Date: January 9, 2016 04:49

Canucks are too modest, we'd be embarrassed to be mentioned in song. (Except for Neil's Helpless - that makes us cry.) I've covered the West Coast - Vancouver 2006 - and would love to see them there again. After the 6 Toronto gigs...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 9, 2016 06:30

SomeTorontoGirl
Canucks are too modest, we'd be embarrassed to be mentioned in song. (Except for Neil's Helpless - that makes us cry.) I've covered the West Coast - Vancouver 2006 - and would love to see them there again. After the 6 Toronto gigs...

Like this??

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 9, 2016 07:42

Naturalust
Stones50
mickschix
The Stones LOVE BOSTON! And the Brooklyn show was awesome so maybe the Barclay Centre will host a few shows! The one I saw there was excellent! Also, how about a return to Hartford? They also LOVE PHILLY! I don't think the MSG shows are lame at all! I'm sure they can fit in a few gigs there...money talks!winking smiley

They WILL play MSG for sure.

I love the thought of MSG and I admit NYC was part of one of the rumor I heard, but I think it is unlikely because they are geared up for much bigger venues this time around and it would simply leave too much money on the table.

If my count is correct, the next MSG show is No. 25.

Date: January 9, 2016 14:09

More Hot Rocks

Like this??

smiling bouncing smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 9, 2016 16:38

It's the turn of the UK this year, yes London but also other UK cities.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 9, 2016 16:53

Rollin92
It's the turn of the UK this year, yes London but also other UK cities.

that would be great. Ready to fly in from amsterdam.hot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 9, 2016 21:57

METLIFE STADIUM PLEASE

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 10, 2016 00:28

London is one of the greatest cities in the world and is in a league of its own when it comes to cities in the UK.
If the stones play in the UK and only hit London you will get people complaining that they don't play other places in the UK which is ridiculous as its only a short journey to London from anywhere in the UK and it's the best city to visit in the UK by a long shot.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: January 10, 2016 00:46

I think they will tour once the lp is completed and they figured where they will
go but look for big gaps between tours.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 19:35

melillo
METLIFE STADIUM PLEASE

1. Too big
2. A nightmare to get in and out

Posted by: chop ()
Date: January 11, 2016 19:48

Red Bull Stadium in Harrison NJ would be a great small-ish (25k) outdoor venue that they can do a summer show at. Not a fan of Metlife. Too damn big and getting in and out will be a pain especially with 80k drunken hordes.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 11, 2016 20:45

Yes i heard that venue was great

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 11, 2016 22:55

Naturalust
bv

With all due respect, I know you and many others are focused on the Latin American tour, that is great and exciting, but for a lot of Americans who aren't making the trip down south this is of course an important and relevant topic.

Perhaps you meant that the Stones will not officially announce their intentions for 2016 NA shows prior to 1-2 months but we all know they start making such plans well in advance of that. The rumors persist, like every such tour, and this is still the best place to flush them out, imo. Please don't shut down our ability to discuss these things. Thanks Bjornulf.

BV gave us very GOOD >grinning smiley< information in that 2016/17 will be another fun full Rolling Stones year. One tour at a time I say, Ole is less than a month away!! And as far as advanced notices, since 2012 notices have been closer to 3-4 months as opposed to 1-2 months.

Date: January 11, 2016 23:39

Maindefender
Naturalust
bv

BV gave us very GOOD >grinning smiley< information in that 2016/17 will be another fun full Rolling Stones year. One tour at a time I say, Ole is less than a month away!! And as far as advanced notices, since 2012 notices have been closer to 3-4 months as opposed to 1-2 months.

The thread is about rumors at this point of course, and if you look at Bjornulfs own rumor log on the Ole tour you will see that the first reports for the Brazil shows were listed back in July 2015, 6+ months prior to the confirmed dates for the shows. I think we are all capable of celebrating and planning for the Ole tour and still discussing, dreaming about and reporting what we are hearing for NA in 2016. smoking smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 11, 2016 23:53

Naturalust
Maindefender
Naturalust
bv

The thread is about rumors at this point of course, and if you look at Bjornulfs own rumor log on the Ole tour you will see that the first reports for the Brazil shows were listed back in July 2015, 6+ months prior to the confirmed dates for the shows. I think we are all capable of celebrating and planning for the Ole tour and still discussing, dreaming about and reporting what we are hearing for NA in 2016. smoking smiley

thumbs upthumbs up 3 visits to NA within 3-4 year period is pretty damn incredible!!

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: January 12, 2016 21:28

While Exhibitionism is on in London I think it's likely they'll play europe in the summer and maybe a bit of a break and US shows in the fall/winter seeing as there hasn't been a european outing since 2014.

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 22:30

After SA Tour they'll touring when the new album will due out with a new Worldwide Tour "Concept" likely with the same Exhibition Theme:"Exhibitionism"...

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 12, 2016 23:07

When and where rehearsals for ole tour?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 12, 2016 23:27

TornAndFried
It was exactly 10 years this week since they last played at Madison Squre Garden.

Yes, the 18th and 20th of January, 2006. Which would make the anniversary next week. I was there for both shows.

plexi

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: January 17, 2016 05:30

I've been to MSG shows every tour they played it since 1981...

Always fantastic crowds...1981 being the best...

However...if there is one show that I remember the crowd being a bit "lame"...
it was Jan 14th 1998 for the B2B tour...that was there first return to MSG in 17 years...the band seemed a bit out of there element as it was there first time inside MSG in a very long time and they were so used to playing stadiums.

The first 20 rows were a bunch of rich wall street dudes trying to impress a lady date...the first half of the show didn't have a great vibe...but once the second half kicked in and all the dates knew the songs...things got better.

I remember they did "Lowdown" for the first time ever live early in the first set and the those people close to the stage were clueless.

I had great seats that night...Mick Fleetwood was sitting behind me to the left...he stayed the whole show...very cool.

PECMAN

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: January 17, 2016 13:55

Nasty Habits
While Exhibitionism is on in London I think it's likely they'll play europe in the summer and maybe a bit of a break and US shows in the fall/winter seeing as there hasn't been a european outing since 2014.

This is the most logical answer to the issue!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home