Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77
Re: North America Stones 2016 tour rumors
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: January 6, 2016 23:15

Just once I'd like to see Mick sing "killed the Tsar and his ministers, while Anastasia cried in vain" in St. Petersburg.

Other than that, I'm down with more North American dates.

Date: January 6, 2016 23:17

BV can you give any hint if there is any truth to this?

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 6, 2016 23:48

I'm usually just a lurker around these parts, but I have a little nugget I'd like to pass on.

On the Dave Matthews Band forum antsmarching.org, there was reported a Stones rumor for this summer at the Watkins Glen racecourse, in New York state. The rumor states that DMB, Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen will all play concerts at the venue this summer. Source is somebody who knows somebody who works there. DMB fans are usually pretty good about sniffing out tour date rumors, so who knows? Take this for what it's worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-06 23:48 by podiumboy.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 00:03

A North American Major Cities Tour will happens in August/September when the new album will due out...June is too soon...

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 7, 2016 00:38

mailexile67
A North American Major Cities Tour will happens in August/September when the new album will due out...June is too soon...

How do you know?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 01:05

Watkins Glenn that would be too cool I'd be out there camping for a week ! Hope that rumors true ! Sounds too good to be true!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:04

The Stones LOVE BOSTON! And the Brooklyn show was awesome so maybe the Barclay Centre will host a few shows! The one I saw there was excellent! Also, how about a return to Hartford? They also LOVE PHILLY! I don't think the MSG shows are lame at all! I'm sure they can fit in a few gigs there...money talks!winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:14

Naturalust
I have been hearing rumors that the Stones are indeed planning some more shows in North America after they finish with South America.

Where might those rumors have been heard? Source? Link?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:27

podiumboy
On the Dave Matthews Band forum antsmarching.org, there was reported a Stones rumor for this summer at the Watkins Glen racecourse, in New York state. The rumor states that DMB, Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen will all play concerts at the venue this summer.

Rumor hints at a multi-act show in August:

"I got confirmation. Dave Matthews Band at Watkins Glen Racetrack...Mid August. Rolling Stones as well, and 1 other major act. I know someone who is a higher up at the track. I'm sure no one will believe me on here, but it's happening."

[www.antsmarching.org]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:42

And L.A. - hoping for the Forum, but Staples Center will do.
After all, at the May 20, 2013 Staples show we were gifted with Mick Taylor playing on four tunes - it must be a special place for them!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 02:59

They better tag the UK onto the end of any North American dates, about time they played at home again.

Date: January 7, 2016 03:22

Here we go again.............

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: January 7, 2016 05:11

smileys with beer

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 7, 2016 05:19

bye bye johnny
podiumboy
On the Dave Matthews Band forum antsmarching.org, there was reported a Stones rumor for this summer at the Watkins Glen racecourse, in New York state. The rumor states that DMB, Rolling Stones and Bruce Springsteen will all play concerts at the venue this summer.

Rumor hints at a multi-act show in August:

"I got confirmation. Dave Matthews Band at Watkins Glen Racetrack...Mid August. Rolling Stones as well, and 1 other major act. I know someone who is a higher up at the track. I'm sure no one will believe me on here, but it's happening."

[www.antsmarching.org]

It's possible Dave Matthews is confirmed for Watkins Glen this August but Springsteen and the Stones are certainly not. Perhaps the promoter is trying to get them but at this point, nothing. Besides, the Stones just played in Buffalo last summer and that is too close to WG.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 7, 2016 23:49

mickschix
The Stones LOVE BOSTON! And the Brooklyn show was awesome so maybe the Barclay Centre will host a few shows! The one I saw there was excellent! Also, how about a return to Hartford? They also LOVE PHILLY! I don't think the MSG shows are lame at all! I'm sure they can fit in a few gigs there...money talks!winking smiley

They WILL play MSG for sure.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 8, 2016 00:07

Stones50
mickschix

They WILL play MSG for sure.

I love the thought of MSG and I admit NYC was part of one of the rumor I heard, but I think it is unlikely because they are geared up for much bigger venues this time around and it would simply leave too much money on the table.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 8, 2016 01:28

Why do you rule of arenas? If they did 5 nights at MSG it would accommodate well over 110,000. Plus no hassles with bad weather. I thought the HUGE shows were taken care of in the Zip Code Tour! Hope they stick to INSIDE gigs! I skipped the stadiums because I hate that many people at a show and to pay $500 to get WET..not for me anymore!

Date: January 8, 2016 01:31

mickschix
Why do you rule of arenas? If they did 5 nights at MSG it would accommodate well over 110,000. Plus no hassles with bad weather. I thought the HUGE shows were taken care of in the Zip Code Tour! Hope they stick to INSIDE gigs! I skipped the stadiums because I hate that many people at a show and to pay $500 to get WET..not for me anymore!

It never rained when the Stones were on at any of The Zip code shows. Lame excuse.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 8, 2016 04:00

Keith's rain stick worked like a charm!

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: January 8, 2016 04:17

Koen
More Hot Rocks
Stones50
Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Nope. It's Toronto

Wrong, it's London.

I always thought that without 2120 S. Michigan Ave...They would have never happened...That really is where the Stones were born...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 04:20 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 8, 2016 04:18

Keith's rain stick worked like a charm!

It did indeed...I was at the Pittsburgh stop where it rained right up until show time...then the skies cleared and out came a beautiful rainbow and The Rolling Stones. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 04:25 by latebloomer.

Date: January 8, 2016 05:31

mickschix

I don't rule anything out at this point. I am only speculating but it just seems much more likely that the Stones would try to maximize their profit by doing a few single large stadium shows in the some of the major markets they missed on the Zip Code tour. The actual time they need to play is much less for a huge difference in profit. And if it is indeed possibly the last time around in NA they will want to reach the maximum amount of fans. The production machine and stage is already in place and just continuing the show they have been doing (with possible minor stage changes) is just an easier way to go.

Besides they are already in North America once they hit Mexico, it will be too hard for them to skip those millions of dollars waiting to be picked up. I do however think if these shows are indeed planned that it might possibly effect their plans to play in Cuba or the DR. A lot easier to just truck all that gear into the USA than fly it all into Cuba and then back to the USA, but who knows, at this point anything is possible, I'm just thinking out loud.

I totally agree that the stadium experience can be somewhat disappointing for a large number of people in the audience but personally I have always found a way to get up front. It's first 20 rows for me or I'm out....getting wet I have no problem with. smoking smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 8, 2016 05:59

The difference in profit for a stadium show versus an arena show is not as great as you may think. Stadium shows use a large, expensive stage that requires a bigger labor force to assemble and higher logistical overhead. Tickets for arena shows are generally priced higher on average and while the number of arena seats is less than in a stadium, the net profit can be closer.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-08 21:40 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 8, 2016 06:09

TornAndFried
It exactly 10 years this week since they last played Madison Square Garden.

Wow! Has it been that long.

Well I think it's been...hmm...let me see....ah, just under six months since they played in Buffalo, their last show in the USA. Ha Ha. tongue sticking out smiley How cool is that?

Date: January 8, 2016 08:50

TornAndFried
The difference in profit for a stadium show versus an arena show is not as great as you think. Stadium shows use a large, expensive stage that requires a large labor force to assemble, more security and ushers, and higher logistical overhead. Tickets for arena shows are generally priced higher on average and while the number of arena seats is much less than in a stadium, the net profit can be close.

No the difference in profit is exactly what I think. winking smiley The Stones are only responsible for the "show" portion of the costs, things like security, ushers ticketing and advertisement and other venue related expenses are the responsibility of the promoter. Of course the Stones operate from guarantees and who can deny Mick is going to get the best deal for the Stones and considerably more money for the band (after expenses) for the stadium shows. It isn't a direct linear relationship based on the number of seats for the reasons you state but I suspect it it significant. For sold out stadiums the band probably makes more that it's guarantee.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 8, 2016 13:57

Naturalust
TornAndFried
The difference in profit for a stadium show versus an arena show is not as great as you think. Stadium shows use a large, expensive stage that requires a large labor force to assemble, more security and ushers, and higher logistical overhead. Tickets for arena shows are generally priced higher on average and while the number of arena seats is much less than in a stadium, the net profit can be close.

No the difference in profit is exactly what I think. winking smiley The Stones are only responsible for the "show" portion of the costs, things like security, ushers ticketing and advertisement and other venue related expenses are the responsibility of the promoter. Of course the Stones operate from guarantees and who can deny Mick is going to get the best deal for the Stones and considerably more money for the band (after expenses) for the stadium shows. It isn't a direct linear relationship based on the number of seats for the reasons you state but I suspect it it significant. For sold out stadiums the band probably makes more that it's guarantee.

The Stones continue to be a top-earning act after a half-century together thanks to their zip code tour. Though Mick, Keith and friends only played 22 shows in our scoring period, the size of the stadiums they played allowed them to out earn Ed Sheeran who performed seven times as many dates.

[www.forbes.com]

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: January 8, 2016 18:43

2120Wolf
Koen
More Hot Rocks
Stones50
Well they should. It's their home! Esp NYC! Mad Sq Garden!

Nope. It's Toronto

Wrong, it's London.

I always thought that without 2120 S. Michigan Ave...They would have never happened...That really is where the Stones were born...

NEW YORK CITY!

Posted by: StonesNYc ()
Date: January 8, 2016 18:59

Nothing special about their fans? What does that mean? NYC has been a second and first home for the band and their families for years. That was an ignorant comment on your part.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: January 8, 2016 19:19

StonesNYc
Nothing special about their fans? What does that mean? NYC has been a second and first home for the band and their families for years. That was an ignorant comment on your part.

Ive been to MSG for 2 shows. I would never go back.It was a pretty lame crowd both times. i guess people dont get out of the city much to see what real fans are like. They rather see Billy Joel.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: January 8, 2016 21:38

Good points by many of you on this board. Consider this: The Stones put on two separate tours on two separate continents in 2014 with a total of 29 shows (actually three tours and three continents if you count the bifurcated tour of the Far East.

2015 was admittedly lighter, but the tour was in the middle of the calendar year. If they play 14 dates in South and Central America during the first quarter of 2016 why at this stage in their lives would they put off a possible late Summer/early Fall stadium tour in either North America (more likely) or Europe? Yes, they will be in the studio this Spring so that will take some time, but Keith has said he wants the band to hit the studio right off the road which could be as early as first weeks in April. They know what they are doing in the studio and will not take long to lay down the tracks for their next studio release. This could be finished, including mixing before Summer and hit the road hot off a new release either in late July or August. The longer they would wait to tour behind a new release the more stale the new songs would become and less likely for the band to promote many of them in concert. Plus, if they hit the major US markets they did not visit last year or European cities the year before, they could use the same stage and lighting. My guess is that is what we would probably see anyway the next time they tour for the simple reason of cost. A new stage design and construction will cost millions and would need more than just 15-20 shows a year to recoup. Right now with the current stage design and construction and having played on it for the last two years (approaching 50 shows with this stage) they should be operating well into the black.

I think one thing is for certain, I don't think any pattern established in the past regarding time is relevant though. They will go at the pace they feel most comfortable. Still, I'm banking on more shows in 2016 along with a studio release.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home