Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334
Current Page: 34 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 25, 2016 11:48

This is a 2 pages article in one of the biggest national newspaper of The Netherlands.

[www.volkskrant.nl]

[s.vk.nl]

Finally, Satisfaction in the country of salsa.
Keith: "this is gonna be insane."

"The places for the stage are forgiven," says Julia, a 24 year old barmaid. "The government has reserved the space for party members and revolutionary students." It is these days a common complaint in Havana. A production assistant Stones denies the rumors: "It seems practically impossible There will not even fences on the field.".

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-25 12:46 by Niek.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 25, 2016 12:13

Charlie!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: March 25, 2016 12:18

TooTough
Charlie!

thumbs upgrinning smileythumbs up

Date: March 25, 2016 13:11

Mick's accent is extremely weird. When he speaks spanish he sounds like a chinesse speaking spanish. grinning smiley

Exactly the same...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

announcement

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 25, 2016 13:32

TooTough
Charlie!

I love the Rolling Stones

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2016 13:40

Can see that local time in Cuba now is about 7.40 a.m.

The start of a fantastic day in Cuba I'm sure.

Looking forward to about 1.30 a.m. Saturday morning here in Spain , when the gig will start.

Have a great day all you lucky fans out there, and all the people of Cuba. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-25 13:41 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 25, 2016 14:13

crawdaddy
Can see that local time in Cubackon it will now is about 7.40 a.m.

Looking forward to about 1.30 a.m. Saturday morning here in Spain , when the gig will start.

Have a great day all you lucky fans out there, and all the people of Cuba. >grinning smiley<

I am also in Spain at the moment, what time do you reckon it will start for us?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 25, 2016 15:15

latvianinexile
My advice: come early. It's difficult to predict how many people want to attend this thing. First come first served. Enjoy!

Will they be giving access to the "GC" to the first who arrive?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 25, 2016 15:20

StonedAsia

Carolina or Duke? Go Heels!!!

Tennessee Lady Vols in the women's tournament. I've got the "Heels" winning in my men's bracket so I'm rooting for them to save my chances of winning the office pool!

Peace,
Mr DJA

We now return you to your regularly scheduled posts leading up to tonight's show in Cuba! Go Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-25 15:21 by mr_dja.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 25, 2016 15:36

odean73
crawdaddy

It's meant to be an 8.30p.m. start tonight in Havana ,so should be 1.30a.m. start for Spain.
I am in Arboleas area ,not far from Garrucha and Mojacar on the coast.

I can vaguely remember you go to Murcia area at times odeon73.

Is that where you are now ?

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: March 25, 2016 15:43

emotionalbarbecue
Mick's accent is extremely weird. When he speaks spanish he sounds like a chinesse speaking spanish. grinning smiley

Exactly the same...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

announcement

i have thought too that his accent in spanish sounds chinese!
an amazement of internationalism

Date: March 25, 2016 17:05

crawdaddy
odean73
crawdaddy

It's meant to be an 8.30p.m. start tonight in Havana ,so should be 1.30a.m. start for Spain.
I am in Arboleas area ,not far from Garrucha and Mojacar on the coast.

I can vaguely remember you go to Murcia area at times odeon73.

Is that where you are now ?

Thanks.

Yes in Murcia, where it's nice and sunny.

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 25, 2016 19:19

with sssoul
GlimmerGirl24
One person has rented a SIM card with data for her phone ...
I hope our Periscoper whether she's able to connect or not posts a GoFundMe - the SIM card cost her nearly $400
for the chance of bringing the Stones live in Havana into our homes

waterrats
Alright - we're 6 by number if I've counted correctly... more to come?
Who's the receiver then and would it actually work here?

I'm in too, and I'm sure more will step up but please keep pointing out what we're ponying up for -
not everyone reads carefully, you know? GlimmerGirl, who is this noble 'scoper, pray tell?

Our Periscoper is @dslim1979. She's been quiet since she left for Cuba, my fingers are crossed that she's been too busy to post online and it doesn't mean the SIM card isn't working to get her online.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: March 25, 2016 21:57

Live Stream over the new app
Someone post it in a German Facebook group
Is this correct

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 26, 2016 02:20

Here's a pic from last night:

[diariometro.com.ni]

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: March 27, 2016 09:45

Los Rolling Stones a Habana
I was there. I arrived on Thursday after a long trip from Reeuwijk through Kopenhagen an a stop over and a long de-icing wait in Toronto. The weather could't be more different. I shared a cab with three Germans whom I met on the plane, Max, Linda and Olaf. The old Wolga brought us in true commi style to Havana. I had a casa particular and the kind landlady arranged lodging for my new German friends.
I decided to stroll the town in search of other Stones fans. Wore my Vredenburg Van Gogh to allow Dutchies to approach me. I met a guy called Andy at Inglaterra and we discussed strategies for Friday.
On Friday I decided to walk to the venue early. I arrived at the gate on Primelles road at arround 9 there were already people there since 7am. There were ten openings in the fence around the field and this one seemed to be closest to The stage I met Leon from Canada, Lars from Dannark and Sjoerd from Nieuwegein who had 77 Stones concerts under his belt already.
A familiar atmosphere where fans exchanged experiences and stories. A Canadian guy who knows Cuba and Cuban people quite well assured us that once the gates open the Cubans will proceed in an orderly and obedient fashion. Sjoerd: "I don't expect to hear Indian Girl today 'Fighting for mr Castro in the streats of Angola'.".A correspondent from Reuter came by and took down some of the stories and quotes.
At a minute to two I saw movement at some of the other entrances and we decided as one to breach the barrier at our gate. There was nothing orderly about the way we ran to the stage. There was another fence at about 30 meters from the stage. Security staff and police were guarding the FOS area. That fence lasted about 1.5 seconds. When we broke through that one, the security tried to catch the first to girls and the police said 'Go back!' ('Yeah, right'), there was no stopping this level of determination.
In a blink we were at the stage for another six hour wait.
It was hot and there was no catering whatsoever. Soon enough the first fainted girls were dragged away. I was happy I brought enough water.
Suddely they started throwing T shirts into the audience. Bleu ones withe the Cuban flagged tongue and white ones with the pink Buick or Chevy tonge tail lights. Unfortunately I failed to catch one.
The wait seemed to last forever and a young boy (Josh I learned later) on stage was treating us with a great selection of Classic Rock ranging from Howling Wolf to Ted Nugent. Intermitted by Stones footage of clips and soundbites (as if the Cuban crowd needed to be educated).
At around 4 I spotted Ronnie at the back of the stage. 'Ronnie Ronnie' from the crowd.
Bernard, Chuck and Tim also came on stage. No one around me seemed to recognise them. Just before the show a parade of VIPs passes in front of me, including Johan Derksen. I also thought Lisa was amongst the celebs. The hot latino chick who was on stage earlier in her red lace onesy wanted a picture with me in my "who the f..k is Mick Jagger shirt. :-).
Shortly after 8.30 the opening video started and Charlie and Keith were the first ones to appear. Jumping Jack Flash. The guys look great and pumped. The band seems tight and happy. Mick jumps and wiggles like a twelve tear old. Watching him do that makes it hard to believe he is 72. Mick speaks a lot in Spanish. That went down well with the crowd.
I cannot recall the entire setlist but understandably there were no big surprises. not in the right order: All down the Line, PIB started with a little guitar trouble after which Keith used a white Strat. Not sure if that was the initial plan. Keith noticed my shirt and gave a small nod an grin. Out of Control (I like Ronnies Wah wah), Miss You (Albert, the security guy handed me Daryls' guitar pick that landed just in front of me). Angie, Keith did YGTS and BTMMR. SFTD (nice soloing from Keith), MR ( It may be me but it sounded too happy and not as sinister as I like), Gimme S (the girl that replaced Lisa did it good. keith was wartching Mick for the turnaround. He was amused when he received a kisshand from ), BS, YCAGWYW with choir, Satisf.

The guys seemed very happy and smiled a lot. Keith was amused a few times when he was watching Mick being Mick on the catwalk. Ronie did some great solos.

There were no merchandise stands but I managed to purchase an event staff T.

I will share some iphone footage of JJF, OOC and Angie in another post as soon as I find proper Wifi. My camera is in repair but the concert will be issued on video anyway.

I'm typing this on my phone on me way to Ottawa, Toronto and finally Amsterdam. Any typoes may be due to the heavy turbulence.

It was well worth the trip. I met some great people and had the time of my life. Cubans are so friendly. I can only hope that their solidarity will survive through the oncoming changes. The best birthday ever.

Fred

Date: March 27, 2016 10:36

video: [ Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone]

Sorry for the quality. Had no camera on me so used iphone. Watch it before Eagle Rock takes it down, which they will as the show will be available at some point.

Date: March 27, 2016 11:40

Thanks Promo, nice to read it went so well.

Posted by: wildhorses260 ()
Date: March 29, 2016 01:05

Back home from Cuba reliving the concert in Havana! I feel so lucky that I was able to be a part of this historic show! Was not disappointed. So fun to be able to celebrate with the Cuban people!Favorite song was Out of Control!Hope they tour again in the not too far future!

Date: March 29, 2016 10:33

Does anyone know who the kid is that took care of the pre show music? He was sitting at Tim's spot on stage with his laptop. Josh or so?

Posted by: Shine A Light ()
Date: March 29, 2016 15:40

His name is Josh McLellan Ludlow . He used to be in the rock band Turbogeist with James Jagger. He is Georgia Jaggers boyfriend.

Posted by: tryinginvain ()
Date: March 30, 2016 05:55

Never mind....didn't know there was another thread (just got home from Cuba)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-30 06:05 by tryinginvain.

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: April 9, 2016 21:57

WestCoastPromotionMan
I've made some pins for friends we meet in Havana. I hope we can all trade stories and have a great time together. We will meet you on the 21st at Hotel Inglaterra.

Zachary
West Coast Promotions Man

Hi Zachary! I met you & your crew (Mary, your brother & TV man) in Havana, you called your mom on my phone smiling smiley Drop me a line! I love that I have 1 of your pins as a memento of the occasion! Wendy

Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: April 16, 2016 21:50

chriseganstar
I sure as hell hope it's the 23rd as I'm currently booked to fly out on the 24th !!!!

Anyhow, here comes Porto Alegre so I'll worry about Cuba after that !!!

Chriseganstar

Dear Glimmergirl24. Wanted you to know how much I appreciated your advice and sharing about Cuba and the Stones. Yes, we went and had a great time, but would not have even hoped for this concert were it know for you. Thanks! Leah and Honora

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334
Current Page: 34 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home