Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 32 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 02:29

[www.iorr.org]

I wish I would've known Charlie was going to be in Coral Gables, 20 minutes from my house!

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 08:05

andrea66
You know that many iorrians won't agree with me, But i am so happy that wifi is not working.... I really don't like the Periscope era . So boring . Instead of writing comments and personal feelings it became a series of videos and thanks here, thanks there....

Periscope doesn't need wifi, just a connection to a cell tower.

One person has rented a SIM card with data for her phone, if the Periscope Gods do their magic, Jambay, GreenLady, Waterrats and I will be delighted. If not, we'll be disappointed and you'll be delighted.

I hope our Periscoper whether she's able to connect or not posts a GoFundMe - the SIM card cost her nearly $400 for the chance of bringing the Stones live in Havana into our homes.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 24, 2016 10:33

Corinna and Stefan from Germany are on their way from Frankfurt.

Two fantastic Stones fans I had the great pleasure of meeting in Brasil. thumbs up

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:22

crawdaddy
Corinna and Stefan from Germany are on their way from Frankfurt.

Two fantastic Stones fans I had the great pleasure of meeting in Brasil. thumbs up
Yes they are

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: March 24, 2016 11:41

GlimmerGirl24
andrea66
You know that many iorrians won't agree with me, But i am so happy that wifi is not working.... I really don't like the Periscope era . So boring . Instead of writing comments and personal feelings it became a series of videos and thanks here, thanks there....

One person has rented a SIM card with data for her phone, if the Periscope Gods do their magic, Jambay, GreenLady, Waterrats and I will be delighted. If not, we'll be disappointed and you'll be delighted.

I hope our Periscoper whether she's able to connect or not posts a GoFundMe - the SIM card cost her nearly $400 for the chance of bringing the Stones live in Havana into our homes.

thumbs up
Viva periscope!
smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 24, 2016 13:27

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm already getting excited for this show. It has been a historic week already, and it will be a thrill once showtime arrives!

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: March 24, 2016 13:58

Granma newspaper
(Google translate)

The presentation will not be webcast live

The Rolling Stones want the concert in Cuba is the best Olé Tour tour and will deploy a new technology that have not used before in their presentations in Latin America, he told Granma Osmany Lopez, vice president of the Cuban Institute of Music (ICM ).
The manager explained that ICM Mick Jagger is excited about this concert to be held with the most modern audio system that exists in the world. Most of the infrastructure is completely new, includes audio of 1,300 kilos eight repeaters sound and seven screens to be installed in the grounds of the Sports City.
As in the rest of the tour, the show will not be broadcast live on TV, but it will be recorded in a documentary which will then be exhibited in Cuba.
It is unusual for the Rolling Stones transmit their live performances, but they will yield us the documentary about the concert to project on Cuban television in a few weeks, Lopez said.

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 14:06

GlimmerGirl24
andrea66

Don't forget me GlimmerGirl-I'll be delighted as well! lol Love periscope!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 24, 2016 14:08

GlimmerGirl24

LOL!!!

GlimmerGirl24

Woah! If there's any chance to get some live-sounds transmitted from that show, it would be awesome!

Seriously: if we can support her here, I'm in. I'm not at all rich, but I'll put my share in provided I'm not the only one!

What do the others think?

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 24, 2016 14:16

Medzvel
Granma newspaper
(Google translate)

The Rolling Stones want the concert in Cuba is the best Olé Tour tour and will deploy a new technology that have not used before in their presentations in Latin America, he told Granma Osmany Lopez, vice president of the Cuban Institute of Music (ICM ).
The manager explained that ICM Mick Jagger is excited about this concert to be held with the most modern audio system that exists in the world. Most of the infrastructure is completely new, includes audio of 1,300 kilos eight repeaters sound and seven screens to be installed in the grounds of the Sports City.
As in the rest of the tour, the show will not be broadcast live on TV, but it will be recorded in a documentary which will then be exhibited in Cuba.
It is unusual for the Rolling Stones transmit their live performances, but they will yield us the documentary about the concert to project on Cuban television in a few weeks, Lopez said.

This makes imagination run wild... WAT?
I find it very interesting that they are deploying the most modern audio system that exists in the world for a concert where... actually I have no idea what kind of audio they are used to... but... hmmmm... does this indicate something about we have many many more live Stones shows coming soon using this new fangled, jet age, super duper, most modern audio system that exists in the world?... I guess we will see.

And does this mean they skimped on the rest of the Ole' tour using old fashioned "horse and buggy" audio equipment. JKgrinning smiley I know it sounded fine.

Posted by: jambay ()
Date: March 24, 2016 14:18

waterrats
Count me in!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 24, 2016 15:44

Thought I'd post this here as well... I can only hope that it's correct. Possibly someone on the ground in Cuba can confirm the timezone for us.

timeanddate.com for Havana From what the site shows, Cuba does go on daylight savings time and is currently the same time as US EDT. Assuming that the site is accurate, that is.

My Friday is going to be a mess:
8:30 Stones Start
9:30 My favorite college basketball team starts their Sweet 16 game in the NCAA tournament
10:00 MY BAND starts our show that I was/am considering "Scoping".
If the club has public Wi-Fi that I can access, I may be able to "multi-task" backstage before we go on.

Regardless of my chaotic situation, I hope that everyone in Cuba & worldwide have a wonderful evening tomorrow!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: duviquet ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:10

hi stoned friends
arrived last night from PAris.
as BV says not many stoned tourists around.

for wifi: i am staying at Sevilla Mercure but wifi is down.
just walked to the palace Parque Central Hotel.
wifi in the lobby is perfect , this is where i type from.
offical price for a 1 hour card is 4.5 CUC, you buy it from hotel reception.

some cards in the street are fake i have been told.

i had dinner at house of my cuban friends last night, what i heard:
- "apparently" one or 2 local cuban bands are playing as opening acts
- no VIP section but still a small VIP section as RAul CAstro is said to be attending
- a train is coming tonight from Santiago , stopping at some other cities and bringing an estimated 1000 local fans who will camp near the concert place
- it seems the area will be light fenced tonight and that it will open tomorrow at 10 am , but i have not yet gone to the site. tomorrow i will be at 8am there. it is about 6 kms from vieja havana

weather is nice and planned to be very nice tomorrow.

indeed they plan a documentary , this is teh least they can do fro such an event.
most of teh tourists dont know about teh concert but teh locals all talk about it:
Pope, Obama, now the Rollings !!! ( not teh stones here )

Life is a Rock & Roll
Phiphi

Date: March 24, 2016 16:40

Thanks for the great update Phiphi.

It's starting to get really exciting now hearing all this news from afar, just one day before the historic gig.

I think we all realise ,the internet is hard to get in some areas in Havana and Cuba, and things may not come through as quick as the North America and South America Tours.

Videos and pics at the gig will eventually come through of course. smoking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:49

Medzvel
Granma newspaper
(Google translate)

Hopefully not just Cuba but the rest of the world as well!!

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:50

jambay
waterrats
Count me in!

Me too!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 24, 2016 16:59

jambay
waterrats
Count me in!
Me too!

Date: March 24, 2016 17:31

Not long to go now ,and Cuba is looking forward to see The Rolling Stones play live, and for free, in Havana. >grinning smiley<

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Posted by: Stonesfan13 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 17:32

jambay
waterrats
Count me in!

Right on I'm in!

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 24, 2016 17:52

^^^
Yep - I'm in!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:09

crawdaddy
I know three people so far who I know will be in Havana.

Chris Egan, Bjornulf and the Captain of The Good Ship Rock N'Roll.

Have a great time all of you, and also the other 499,997 worldwide fans and Cubans who will be at this great event in Havana. smileys with beer
I'll be there at 10.00 tomorrow morning. Meeting Canadian fans tonight, plus anybody else @ 5.00 in the rooftop bar of hotel inglaterre. See you there !
Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:18

According to the pictures posted above, i don't think the site can hold 500.000 people.
The site is note as large as Downsview Oark (450.000 people).

Maybe a max of 150.000 people.

But who care... If cuban people are really interested in Stones...

PS: why no concert in Venezuela? A lot of rock bands played in this country

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:21

Cristiano Radtke

"The Rolling Stones like to be the first ones in everything, so they decided to do a concert in Cuba: they want to give a great show here before any other band," says Dale Skjerseth.

No one to notice that is completly false.

Stones weren't the first to play in Eastern Europe, Balkan, Latin America, Asia, or Israel.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:44

I have finally sorted out how to get online with my own PC here in Havana Cuba. Just updated the StonesLife.org blog with some reports, but due to bandwidth limitations and timeout of the connections I post before the articles are ready, so I will update these articles later today:

From Mexico City to Havana Cuba March 2016
[stoneslife.org]

Havana Cuba anno 2016
[stoneslife.org]

Life is great and relaxed here in Havana. More fans and friends came in last night and today I will go out to the concert area in the afternon. I enjoy the quiet pace at the Prado, the excellent service and hospitality here at the Hotel Sevilla, where I am the quest who stayed the longest I think. Most guests come and go for the all inclusive resorts. I am here for the Stones, and for enjoying the Cuban hospitality and slow pace of living.

More soon...

Bjornulf

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 24, 2016 18:49

Hey Bjornulf!

Really enjoyed your tour blog on this tour.
Your stories and photos make me feel like im almost there.
(I was in Rio)
Thanks for all the work you put into this site and your blog.
Enjoy the show and your time in Cuba.

peace.
Cheers! smileys with beer

Spikenyc

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:03

Have a great time in Cuba everyone. Raining in London. Wishing I was there and to see the boys in concert again soon. It is almost 3 years since Berlinsmileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:39

There is space for half a million people here at the show in Havana no worries. If you want to see the Stones and you are in Havana just go there. But don't be late, I will suggest going early afternoon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 24, 2016 19:55

Nice reports and photos, Bjornulf. Enjoy your days in Havana. smileys with beer

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 24, 2016 21:23

There was a light and sound check yesterday in the evening at the concert venue:

[www.cibercuba.com]

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 24, 2016 22:06

Plink
^^^
Yep - I'm in!

Alright - we're 6 by number if I've counted correctly... more to come?

Who's the receiver then and would it actually work here?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 32 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home