Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 31 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 22, 2016 07:10

The "old days" like.....before the internets?

The only thing constant is change....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 15:58 by Woz.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 22, 2016 09:10

Rokyfan
jambay
andrea66
You know that many iorrians won't agree with me, But i am so happy that wifi is not working.... I really don't like the Periscope era . So boring . Instead of writing comments and personal feelings it became a series of videos and thanks here, thanks there....

Stupidest post ever.

If you dont like it then don't do it.

After the show is over "the writing comments and personal feelings" are posted JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS WERE!!

Before periscope the first 5-10 pages of the live thread was mostly people whining about the same set list as it was reported in print somewhere. Set list whining made up most of the "writing comments and personal feelings" as the non-periscoped shows were reported...

...then as people who went to the show reported in, and as the youtubes came up, people posted their "writing comments and personal feelings" AS THEY STILL DO!!.

But I imagine you are one the people who also complains about people recording concerts... right before you run to youtube to watch the videos you whined about being recorded.

persicope adds to the live thread it is does reduce.

I guess you haven't been here long if you think it's the stupidest post ever. But whatever, why are you so angry (you forgot to accuse him of living in his parents' basement)?

I understood what he meant; that the setlist threads were more fun in the "old days". I agree with him, but I get that people disagree, something that I guess you also don't get because it seems to make you so dammed angry. i disagree with you but I do not necessarily think you are a stupid goddamed motherflucker, you are just an insecure guy who gets bent out of shape when the world doesnt agree with you on everything (as also evidenced by your use of the word whiner).'

I also think the people who go to the show will enjoy it more if there is no wifi there, no phones and they are forced to just watch and listen. So is this the second stupidest post you ever saw?

Yes I get what he means too...I was at a Vintage Trouble gig recently and I swear the guy in front was planning to film the entire concert on his phone...so annoying I had to move. I have also seen Ty Tylor (VT lead singer) stop a gig and just say, after the first few numbers, lets just all put our phones down and just be together...wise words.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 22, 2016 09:18

I do get what Andrea66 means - a Periscope thread is very boring to read afterwards (or even during) if you aren't watching the links. And I often find that I'm busy chasing scopes and pictures and don't really concentrate on the show until later when I can replay a couple of good scopes at my leisure. It has its downside as well as its advantages.

I would suggest starting a "Periscope-free comments" thread - except that of course it will get merged with the sticky thread as soon as bv sees it.

Apologies to those whose pleasure I have helped to spoil, but I don't think we can put the genie back into the box now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-22 09:26 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 22, 2016 09:59

Green Lady
I do get what Andrea66 means - a Periscope thread is very boring to read afterwards (or even during) if you aren't watching the links. And I often find that I'm busy chasing scopes and pictures and don't really concentrate on the show until later when I can replay a couple of good scopes at my leisure. It has its downside as well as its advantages.

I would suggest starting a "Periscope-free comments" thread - except that of course it will get merged with the sticky thread as soon as bv sees it.

Apologies to those whose pleasure I have helped to spoil, but I don't think we can put the genie back into the box now.

Same here on both points, Green Lady.

Like I said before, I totally understand andrea66's point of view but I don't see how can a concert be periscope-free, unless there's no connection at the venue or if cameras and cell phones are no permitted.

On any case and just for a comparison, we can remember the 2012/2013 concerts when there were few photos posted and we've had to struggle very hard to know what the Stones were playing then, because there was no live blog or Twitter infos from the Stones - let alone a live stream, which we could only watch for the first time on the Glastonbury concert (from Miss You onwards) and the Roskilde concert in 2014, with that awful - but priceless for us, at that time - audio stream.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 10:34

It is up to everybody's choice. I watched one priscope for like 1 minute and decided it was not for me. Never bothered since, I believe I have better things to do in my free time. Just like I have never participated in the "live" comments. Being at the gig is amazing. Watching a good video (very often even amateur) might be exciting too. But to watch crappy video or sit in front of a computer reading "SFM...amazing!" just doesn't do it for me. But that is just me, if some people enjoy it, it is good that there is the possibility.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 22, 2016 15:53

I know three people so far who I know will be in Havana.

Chris Egan, Bjornulf and the Captain of The Good Ship Rock N'Roll.

Have a great time all of you, and also the other 499,997 worldwide fans and Cubans who will be at this great event in Havana. smileys with beer

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:40

@andrea66, @Happy24 and all,

we can't turn back time. I know, the video quality of a periscope stream is usually crappy (although I've seen better ones already). And I don't look at it all the time, although there are good and worse ones and you won't need to call yourself a prophet if you expect that the quality of sound and vision will increase in the future.

Of course, only reading comments about feeds is boring. But wait a minute here: although the video only gives you an idea about what's happening on stage, the sound of the live stream is really acceptable. I have listened to bootlegs with similar or even worse sound...

And if I have the possibility to listen live to a gig this band plays on this planet - which in itself is more and more a wonder by it's own - then I won't hesitate a second and get things clear to be able to listen to it.

It's not fair to judge periscopes just by having watched 1 for 1 minute and haven't liked it - it's one impression and that's 100% ok, but it doesn't tell about 'periscopes' as such. The world doesn't exist in black and white only, there's lots of grayscales, too.

In a nutshell: I can understand complaints about the changing format and content of messages in recent times from a perspektive of only reading it later. But as far as I am concerned, I will try very hard not to loose any stream of this band anymore as long as they still give reason for it by playing live!

I was happy to get up again at 2 AM in the morning on this tour and be able to share what's happening with the band playing live somewhere on this planet.

And I definitely will be up and there and ready when they play Havanna - with periscope or without, I don't care!

I'll take anything and I'm so very greateful for everything in any shape or form that's coming from this incedible band. God, I love the Rolling Stones!

See you all when Havanna happens!
I love you all, I love The Rolling Stones!

grinning smiley
Johannes

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 22, 2016 17:42

This is my daily report from Havana. My Internet card clock is ticking and it says 11:30 going down, so I write until it is close to zero, no time to check spelling...

The past 36 hours since the rain Sunday starting at 5pm or so has been cold may be 20 C which means too cold for T-shirt. This Tuesday morning luckily the sun is back in Havana and we have approx +30 C which is 90 F great weather for the rest of the week my forcast is saying.

This moring my street Prado was closed because Obama was going to the Theatre between Inglaterra and Capitolio. There were several hundred young sivilain clothing unarmed guard making sure nobody crossed the invisible line, everybody respected them, but a few tourists did not understand that young people without uniform and without any guns might control and secure an area.

Obama passed by in his large car 10:05 on his way to the theatre, surrounded by 20 cars and police motorcycles ahead, then dozens of cars and press and others behind him. One hour later at 11:10 I saw him returning down Prado towatds malecon. I have puictures of his stretched black car with the American flags but I can't publish now may be later.

The Stones will be in Cuba for less than 48 hours which means they MIGHT do a soundcheck the day before. I will be there in the afternoon Thursday so I can't be at the Inglaterre then. Today and on Wednesday I will try to be at the Inglaterre between 5pm and 6pm.

Nothing has changed here in Havana since I was here in 2000, 2007 and 2008. There are more tourists mainly European wandering around 40 by 40 in groups in the old city i.e. Habana Vieja to Ambos Mundos and all the other famous places, but moving outside the center it is all the same.

Beautiful buildings, a bit tired, relaxed people, nice weather, cool place to be, no cars in the streets, just a few, I love havana and Cuba. Internet in the large squares yes indeed and I will try to do another report tomorrow. My time is out now...

Bjornulf

Date: March 22, 2016 18:38

Thanks so much for the update Bjornulf .

This show is going to be something really special I'm sure. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:02

I love how lean and mean the Stones entourage is these days, can you imagine Opie or Jake Berry doing a casual press conference on behalf of the Stones on previous tours? No more grand impresario showboating around (Bill Graham, Michael Cohl) just the head roadie talking to reporters. Someone probably dispatched for an executive from AEG, but nobody bothered to show up.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 22, 2016 19:27

Thanks for the updates BV - so great to have our man on the ground so we can follow from far away!!!!

God Bless you all and especially for the Rolling Stones making history again smiling smiley
cool smiley

Posted by: Nelio ()
Date: March 23, 2016 02:24

It's good to know what´s going on in Havana... Thanks for the updating.

Posted by: Socrates1 ()
Date: March 23, 2016 04:04

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 23, 2016 07:25

Thanks BV for the reports.
But to save your connexion time, why don't you just type the reports offline and simply copy-paste them once connected ?

Date: March 23, 2016 09:20

That is such a good idea Doc with limited connexion time.

Wish I had done that in Rio when the connexion was on and off all the time when I was on line . Lost so many messages etc. half way into typing them and then internet had gone. So frustrating at the time.

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 23, 2016 14:15

ROCKMAN, I know you don't want the role…no one does but you summed it up correctly….this place has gone Stoopid…I want to hear about the vibe of Cuba..where people will be rolling fattys with the local expert rollers of the best Cigars in the world, I want to hear about some dude who has only heard the Stones on 8 track or cassette…never on a CD as he couldn't afford it yet he is trekking to the show…I want the story of the person who will trudge to that space his hair matted, his clothes unchanged for two days and will sleep wherever he finds a flat slab and not whine about the lack of rooms..the man who will not bitch about periscope who will not ask why they didn't play this or that…I want to hear about the man who belongs at the show….nothing more………….The man in the Arena..

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 23, 2016 15:35

I have no memory stick i.e. no way to connect or transport text or pictures from my own PC into the fixed old hotel PC that I am using in the reseption of the hotel. However, it is much nicer to stay outside in Havana than being bent over the PC keyboard so I am fine with staying online for just a brief time.

Yesterday I met up with one of the biggest Stones fans in Cuba - Eduardo Del Llano. We met at the Fresa y Chocolate bar in Vedato, where he lives and works at the film institute. He has seen the Stones three times in Europe 1995, 2003, 2007 so he is what I would call a superfan from Cuba.

Meeting up with other fans from UK, France, Germany etc the last couple of days, including good friends from the Bondi Paris rehearsals, so far I think there are some ten friends and fans that I have met and talked to, with quite a few more coming in today on the 23rd of March.

The show on Friday will be a great 100% Cuban Rolling Stones show, that is for sure. Not many tourists that are here for the Stones. I have seen may be half a dozen Stones shirts and there are thousands of tourists here, but tyhe tourists are here to see Habana and the old town and to hang out at the Hemingway places like Ambos Mundos, going around witn bus trips.

More tomorrow.

Bjornulf

Date: March 23, 2016 16:14

BostonBob
ROCKMAN, I know you don't want the role…no one does but you summed it up correctly….this place has gone Stoopid…I want to hear about the vibe of Cuba..where people will be rolling fattys with the local expert rollers of the best Cigars in the world, I want to hear about some dude who has only heard the Stones on 8 track or cassette…never on a CD as he couldn't afford it yet he is trekking to the show…I want the story of the person who will trudge to that space his hair matted, his clothes unchanged for two days and will sleep wherever he finds a flat slab and not whine about the lack of rooms..the man who will not bitch about periscope who will not ask why they didn't play this or that…I want to hear about the man who belongs at the show….nothing more………….The man in the Arena..

Me too!!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 23, 2016 18:41

Yesterday's papers (the day before yesterday actually).

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: March 23, 2016 19:14

A group of fans from Quebec.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 23, 2016 19:26

it seems that they took the French cover of the Satisfaction EP for the newpapers article, didn't they ?

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: March 23, 2016 22:42

Thank to post the Orbe paper latvianinexile!
Any other magazines/papers with Stones on frontpages? Thanks to post them if possible (the ones before and after the show Staurday/Sunday)!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: March 23, 2016 22:57

Song vote:

- You Got Me Rocking
- Get Off My Cloud
- She's So Cold
- All Down The Line

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:02

CLOUD ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:07

She's So Cold

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:14

I remember what a thrill it was for me when they opened with Get Off My Cloud at the Newark NJ show in 2012.

I hope the Cuban fans get their chance to hear it too.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 23, 2016 23:54

djgab
it seems that they took the French cover of the Satisfaction EP for the newpapers article, didn't they ?
..Yes.... Champs Elysées...

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: March 24, 2016 00:25

cloud, obviously

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: March 24, 2016 01:05

bv...flying in tomorrow...very excited..coming in from Ireland via Paris..tough travelling right now...Hope to meet you and so pleased to attend the concert..
Bought light weight binoculars based on estimates of attendees...it will be fantastic..Stones in Cuba..what could be better..

Date: March 24, 2016 02:07

Yes, Cloud!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 31 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1612
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home