Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: wildhorses260 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 02:06

59rocks
wildhorses260
I will be traveling solo to see the stones in Havana.Staying in Varadero,looking to connect with other Stones fans.Arriving on the 22nd!

59rocks
Hi,

will anybody else stay in Varadero and like to organize a shuttle transfer to the concert with me ?

Date: March 16, 2016 02:08

Have you had any other replies to your request for a shuttle to Havana from Varadero?

Date: March 16, 2016 02:14

Thanks for the information. I will inquire when I arrive. Was wondering if I should book a room in Havana on the 24th to get to the site of the concert early. Any idea how many people are expected?

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: March 16, 2016 02:40

wildhorses260
Thanks for the information. I will inquire when I arrive. Was wondering if I should book a room in Havana on the 24th to get to the site of the concert early. Any idea how many people are expected?

Between 10,000 and 1,000,000.

If past events for the Pope and Major Lazer are anything to go by - 500k would be the best guesstimate.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: March 16, 2016 03:21

Are hotel rooms available?

Date: March 16, 2016 03:30

I was trying to book an airbnb and there were rooms available for a reasonable price but when I tried to book I was not able to as the service was not available in Canada though the price was listed in Canadian Funds.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 16, 2016 04:20

Seems the USG has relaxed the rules for US citizens travelling to Cuba now. Individuals can go if they have one on one educational/cultural exchanges with Cuban citizens.

Going to the see the Stones definitely fits that perfectly! smileys with beer

any one going to the Havana Cuba gig
Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: March 15, 2016 22:34

any one going to the Havana Cuba gig would love to meet up I will in Havana from 22nd to 28th March

Re: any one going to the Havana Cuba gig
Posted by: oldrocker ()
Date: March 15, 2016 22:37

contact me on facebook at the goodship rocknroll

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 15, 2016 22:42

i'm not going but i wonder if the setlist will be much different

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 16, 2016 01:13

Wish i had the money for the amsterdam-havana Flight. if i had, i would go.
Jeroen

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 16, 2016 01:19

corriecas
Wish i had the money for the amsterdam-havana Flight. if i had, i would go.
Jeroen

Same with me ;o( ....... I'm sure they will film this one............

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: March 16, 2016 09:53

Voor fans in Nederland, grijp je kans !

Naar The Rolling Stones in Cuba, vanuit Nederland via Curaçao!

Maak als Nederlandse online luisteraar kans op een unieke trip voor twee personen naar Thee Rolling Stones in Cuba!

Download de Dolfijn FM app in de Google Play store of in de AppStore en volg de instructies die je daar vindt in de promo-sectie (het speakertje links onderin). De actie is speciaal en alleen voor in Nederland wonende luisteraars van Dolfijn FM. Voor deelnemers in Curaçao geldt een andere actie.

Wat win je?

2 retourtickets Amsterdan-Curaçao op 22 maart heen en 28 maart terug
2 PAWA retourtickets Curaçao – Cuba op 23 maart heen en 27 maart terug
Vervoer van vliegveld naar hotel en terug op Curaçao en Cuba
Verblijf in een hotel op Curaçao op 22 maart en 27 maart
Verblijf in een hotel op Cuba van 23 maart tot en met 26 maart
Vervoer naar en van het Rolling Stones concert in Ciudad Deportiva de la Habana (entrée is gratis)
En natuurlijk een onvergetelijk lang weekend waarbij je samen met twee winnaars van Curacao en twee Dolfijn FM

[www.dolfijnfm.com]

Voor fans in Curaçao,

[www.dolfijnfm.com]

Good luck !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-16 18:08 by Lien.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 16, 2016 17:48

wildhorses260
I was trying to book an airbnb and there were rooms available for a reasonable price but when I tried to book I was not able to as the service was not available in Canada though the price was listed in Canadian Funds.

Same from Japan.
I gave up using AirBnB and found my casa from Google Maps accommodation symbols.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 16, 2016 18:00

wildhorses260

It's available only to U.S. persons who have to declare on the AirBnb site that they are going to Cuba under one of the official categories (religious, cultural, etc). Some people outside USA have told me they had no problem, but maybe they were circumventing via VPN or something. All this will be irrelevant soon.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2016 19:13

Cuba is on an official embargo by USA, since 1960, i.e. from before The Rolling Stones were formed. This means US companies and private people are not allowed to do business with Cuba. If you use USA based tools they may pretend Cuba does not exsist. Like cruise ships, travel guides, booking systems and so on.

Try using web sites based in one of the many contries who do have trade and connection with Cuba, like Mexico, Canada, most European countries South and Central America etc. I.e. web sites with .cu .ca .mx .es etc in the web site domain names.

This is one of the reasons why the Stones will be performing a show in Cuba. It is not normal to have an embargo going for 66 years. The embargo is including things we take for granted, like life saving drugs for children and so on. Still, they have found a way to allow the best baseball players from Cuba into the US series.

United States embargo against Cuba
[en.wikipedia.org]

A total of 97% of all nations on this planet have voted against the embargo. The UN General Assembly has, since 1992, passed a resolution every year condemning the ongoing impact of the embargo and declaring it to be in violation of the Charter of the United Nations and international law. In 2014, out of the 193-nation assembly, 188 countries voted for the nonbinding resolution.

I am sitting here in Mexico and watching the weather reports. They show the map with Mexico lower left, USA upper top, and Cuba lower right just under Florida USA, part of these three nations on this map. You may blank out this country Cuba of 11 millon people on the map and pretend they do not exist, but luckily more and more people realize the fact that talking is better than blocking.

Bjornulf

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: March 16, 2016 20:29

Well said, Bjornulf… It is long past time to end this embargo, which only hurts the people of Cuba...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 16, 2016 21:23

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 16, 2016 21:48

oldrocker
contact me on facebook at the goodship rocknroll

A great FB page for all Stones fans.

Hope you can see this Tony, Melvyn or Sean. >grinning smiley<

Date: March 17, 2016 00:07

Thanks for sharing the photos of the stage going up in Havana! Can't wait to see the show!

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: March 17, 2016 10:30

Anyone has rumours/news where Stones are going to spend time between Mexico and Havana shows? Cuba? Jamaica? Florida?

Maybe suprise show in Fabrica De Arto in Havana?winking smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 17, 2016 11:35

Well said re: the embargo bv

Whatever happens regarding that.......It's going to be an Epic event. Glad to hear that they are filming the show.

sc uk

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2016 13:35

Large pictures from the Stage build-up:

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.YouTube.com]

[www.Instagram.com]

[www.Instagram.com]

Comparison of the area with Bing Maps.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 17, 2016 16:23

OK... Question for someone with sharper, more observant eyes than I have...

Based on the pictures provided thus far, I'm having a hard time figuring out where in the complex they're setting the stage. Has anyone been able to identify things in the background to determine where on the grounds the stage is?

My initial thought was that they'd put it near the corner of Avenida Santa Catalina and Calle Primelles facing toward the arena and track oval to take advantage of all that empty space. However, the ground-level pictures seem to show bleachers both backstage left and right leading me to believe that the stage is actually between the swimming pools and the baseball field with Via Blanca backstage.

Anyone have any thoughts? Insight? Better photos? Better observation skills than me?!?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 17, 2016 19:38

My only hope is they end the embargo after Obama's visit or least let any US Airlines/carriers and tourists resume regular schedules without penalties. Great to see the part about Cubans earning salaries in the US so nobody has to defect.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: March 18, 2016 00:36

bv
Cuba is on an official embargo by USA, since 1960, i.e. from before The Rolling Stones were formed. This means US companies and private people are not allowed to do business with Cuba. If you use USA based tools they may pretend Cuba does not exsist. Like cruise ships, travel guides, booking systems and so on.

Try using web sites based in one of the many contries who do have trade and connection with Cuba, like Mexico, Canada, most European countries South and Central America etc. I.e. web sites with .cu .ca .mx .es etc in the web site domain names.
This is one of the reasons why the Stones will be performing a show in Cuba. It is not normal to have an embargo going for 66 years. The embargo is including things we take for granted, like life saving drugs for children and so on. Still, they have found a way to allow the best baseball players from Cuba into the US series.

[en.wikipedia.org]

A total of 97% of all nations on this planet have voted against the embargo. The UN General Assembly has, since 1992, passed a resolution every year condemning the ongoing impact of the embargo and declaring it to be in violation of the Charter of the United Nations and international law. In 2014, out of the 193-nation assembly, 188 countries voted for the nonbinding resolution.

I am sitting here in Mexico and watching the weather reports. They show the map with Mexico lower left, USA upper top, and Cuba lower right just under Florida USA, part of these three nations on this map. You may blank out this country Cuba of 11 millon people on the map and pretend they do not exist, but luckily more
and more people realize the fact that talking is better than blocking.

I am confused, I always thought there were no political posts allowed on Iorr and that is exactly what this is.

Date: March 18, 2016 00:40

My first idea of the staging based on what I saw in production shots

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 18, 2016 04:57

Thanks for the visual wcpm!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2016 10:33

virgil
bv

[en.wikipedia.org]

I am sitting here in Mexico and watching the weather reports. They show the map with Mexico lower left, USA upper top, and Cuba lower right just under Florida USA, part of these three nations on this map. You may blank out this country Cuba of 11 millon people on the map and pretend they do not exist, but luckily more
and more people realize the fact that talking is better than blocking.

I am confused, I always thought there were no political posts allowed on Iorr and that is exactly what this is.

The fact that The Rolling Stones are playing Cuba next week is undisputed. The fact that 97% of all nations vote as told in the UN is undisputed. Let's not be silly and pretend the embargo was a great success. Let us celebrate the fact that The Rolling Stones will be performing a concert for friendship next week.

That is what I am saying.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 18, 2016 14:32

I don't how to do pictures on iorr, but there is a cool Cuba concert poster on this guy's twitter feed ...

@waltersafarian

EDIT: Or look at radkovskii85's post on the Ole Tour posters thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-18 14:35 by ChrisL.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1551
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home