Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show - Confirmed For March 25
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 2, 2016 22:55

GlimmerGirl24

[snip]
Once you land in Cuba, they want $3 for health insurance.

Cheap! Must be a single-payer plan.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 2, 2016 23:03

Haven't read the whole thread. Don't know if we're still posting possible songs to play, but this would be so classic and a homage to Keith's BFF: Havana Moon by Mister Chuck Berry. Carlos Santana did a nice version of this, but here's Chuck on a real classic disk.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: March 2, 2016 23:05

GlimmerGirl24
WestCoastPromotionMan

Just curious what that flight cost and how long it takes that route? Also, do you need I visa and a passport?

Flights from Cancun to Havana are $265-350 depending on date and flight, it's about an hour flight.

Flights from the Bahamas, Caymans, Santo Domingo, etc. are $400-500, also around an hour.

Miami is $450 and probably a 20 minute flight. I think Toronto is around $650, but it's been a couple of months since I've checked.

Flights to the gateway city from US cities are $250-450, depending on where you're flying from.

A charter flight from NYC was over $1k when I looked last fall.

Two roundtrip fares from most areas of the US are probably going to average around $600.

You'll need a passport and visa. You can buy the visa in the gateway airports I checked, for $25-40. Once you land in Cuba, they want $3 for health insurance. There's an exit Havana airport fee of $25 when you leave, I think Aeromexico has it added onto to your fare, I'm not sure about the other airlines.

Anyone traveling from Europe or SouthAmerica, probably the best way to connect is via Panama and Copa Airlines. Copa is the airline with the most flights to Cuba, and connecting through Panama is a lot easier than the U.S. but is not a discount airline. May not be as cheap as the above fares.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 2, 2016 23:10

The real cuban revolutionary .... winking smiley

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 2, 2016 23:44

Rokyfan
GlimmerGirl24

[snip]
Once you land in Cuba, they want $3 for health insurance.

Cheap! Must be a single-payer plan.
grinning smiley

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 3, 2016 02:02

ChefGuevara
GlimmerGirl24
WestCoastPromotionMan

Just curious what that flight cost and how long it takes that route? Also, do you need I visa and a passport?

Flights from Cancun to Havana are $265-350 depending on date and flight, it's about an hour flight.

Flights from the Bahamas, Caymans, Santo Domingo, etc. are $400-500, also around an hour.

Miami is $450 and probably a 20 minute flight. I think Toronto is around $650, but it's been a couple of months since I've checked.

Flights to the gateway city from US cities are $250-450, depending on where you're flying from.

A charter flight from NYC was over $1k when I looked last fall.

Two roundtrip fares from most areas of the US are probably going to average around $600.

You'll need a passport and visa. You can buy the visa in the gateway airports I checked, for $25-40. Once you land in Cuba, they want $3 for health insurance. There's an exit Havana airport fee of $25 when you leave, I think Aeromexico has it added onto to your fare, I'm not sure about the other airlines.

Anyone traveling from Europe or SouthAmerica, probably the best way to connect is via Panama and Copa Airlines. Copa is the airline with the most flights to Cuba, and connecting through Panama is a lot easier than the U.S. but is not a discount airline. May not be as cheap as the above fares.

Just after the show announcement, Copa Air RT fare between Mexico City and Havana departing March 26th was $300.smiling smiley

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: March 3, 2016 04:17

This show is for the Cuban people nice to think you can go and of course do so if you can but be generous enough to let these long suffering people see the Stones and don't take advantage of the situation…clearly if you can afford to fly down and be there you can obtain a front row seat but isn't the point to let the locals have this one? I say bring a musical instrument and donate it as part of the overall generosity and awareness of music that this is meant to generate. Stand outside and encourage the locals…help them get in! Donate an instrument…..

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 3, 2016 06:36

If the Zika virus is spreading in Puerto Rico is it in poor Cuba? A newspaper article yesterday says that 1 in 5 Puerto Ricans may have the Zika virus.

Posted by: leahoneill ()
Date: March 3, 2016 11:00

Thanks everyone for all the advice and assistance. Looking forward to Cuba..and it will be my only SA show as have not been able to go to any others..Massive flights to get there..historic.. Thanks to GlimmerGirl24 BV and all others ..and appreciate ongoing support.. Have no idea what to expect in terms of the logistics of the concert..but it doesn't matter, it is just being there.

Date: March 3, 2016 14:41

Bostonbob It is an outdoor concert and expect about 100000 people..don't think it will be about tickets, and not certain other than it is outdoor so everyone will be able to hear the music no matter...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:44

BostonBob
... these long suffering people

BB, have you ever been there?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 3, 2016 14:54

Green Lady

Tweeted by the Stones

now ....THAT....is a great new poster

Date: March 3, 2016 15:14

leahoneill
Bostonbob It is an outdoor concert and expect about 100000 people..don't think it will be about tickets, and not certain other than it is outdoor so everyone will be able to hear the music no matter...

Didn't the stadium hold only 15.000 people, did I miss something? smiling smiley

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: March 3, 2016 15:16

The arena holds 15000 people.
The field close to the arena holds a lot more people. 1 million?
The show is open air and it's on that field

Date: March 3, 2016 15:31

i agree with you bostonbob. this show is a great gift to the cuban people. i think that one of the reasons the confirmation of the show took so long to materialise was to dissuade the stones tourists.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: March 3, 2016 15:50

Need some help/advice on lodging.

The venue is located juste South of Plaza De La Revolucion but I don't seem to be able to find nearby hotels. They all seem to be concentrated near the beach. I'm sure there are some hotels or accomodations near the venue.
When looking at the map of Havana, it's hard to evaluate how far are the hôtels from the venue (walking distance? Cheap cab ride?)

I am alone and I intend to stay one night in Havana after the show and leave for Varadero the next morning. And I'll be comming from Varadero the day of the show by bus.

Have some of you already booked a room? Where? How much does it cost you?

I'll welcome your advice, please.

Thanks

Daniel

Posted by: silverwings ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:08

Your best bet would be private room in Havana - area of Vedado would be good choice - you can also try Centro, Miramar or old Havana. Google casa particiular and you will get any number of sites. If you are American, you can use AirBnB.

All Havana hotels are long booked up. The cost for private is around 30 CUCs per night but the prices may have gone up.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:20

Interesting article about how many artists have already been to Cuba. Written in response to counter some of the hype (and hyperbole) coming out in the Stones announcement. Headline: "Slow Your Roll, Mick Jagger: A Whole Lot Of Superstars Are Playing In Cuba"

npr.org

Side note: I hope anyone who goes to Cuba for the show has a great time and enjoys themselves!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:31

I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!

But...Cuba?
confused smiley

No thanks. This one certainly is not for me.
It is DEFINITELY for the people of Cuba, though.

If you live there, enjoy it.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 16:48

Always wanted to visit Cuba. Such a fascinating country my parents went in the 90s and loved the atmosphere and the people were really nice. Have a great time everyonegrinning smiley

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 17:06

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-03 17:07 by 1962.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 17:08

Kurt
I LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!

But...Cuba?
confused smiley

No thanks. This one certainly is not for me.
It is DEFINITELY for the people of Cuba, though.

If you live there, enjoy it.

Nobody never asked them.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2016-03-03 20:44 by 1962.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 3, 2016 17:43

The Sicilian
If the Zika virus is spreading in Puerto Rico is it in poor Cuba? A newspaper article yesterday says that 1 in 5 Puerto Ricans may have the Zika virus.

Cuba reported their first case on Wednesday, March 3rd.

Google search: Zika Cuba Results Page more articles than you need. Most probably from the same source.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 3, 2016 17:58

leahoneill

Is this 100,000 or 1,000,000 ?

Date: March 3, 2016 19:49

Or maybe more!
Rolling Stones 1,500,000 Rio, Copacabana Beach/2006[5]
Rolling Stones 500,000 London, Berkeley Square/2006

Even better!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 3, 2016 22:36

The Sicilian

I don't think Zika cares about money.

Posted by: chrism13 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:14

How about putting a group together for a charter flight ...say from Miami?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:25

Rip This
Green Lady

Tweeted by the Stones

now ....THAT....is a great new poster

Where is the cigar?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:55

leahoneill
Or maybe more!
Rolling Stones 1,500,000 Rio, Copacabana Beach/2006[5]
Rolling Stones 500,000 London, Berkeley Square/2006

Even better!
Hey don't forget about SARStock 2003!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2016 23:58

It's got to be street fighting man, a revolutionary song for a revolutionary island.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home