Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 34
Re: Cuba Rolling Stones 2016 show rumours
Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 26, 2016 12:55

Is this the venue ??
According to wikipedia, only 15,000 people....

[es.wikipedia.org]

[www.google.co.jp]

Date: February 26, 2016 13:55

Confirmed also by spanish press, for instance EL Pais

Cuba

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 26, 2016 13:59

Think this is on people. Does explain Micks visit there.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 26, 2016 14:10

Posted by: pospi ()
Date: February 26, 2016 14:33

Question now is, what does "end of March" mean... I assume that 20th March is not THE DATE anymore. Am i right?

Date: February 26, 2016 14:39

Lien
[www.cbsnews.com]

That news reader is really beautiful...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2016 16:22

"AFTER" Obama's visit

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 26, 2016 16:34

emotionalbarbecue
Lien
[www.cbsnews.com]

That news reader is really beautiful...

Lovely girl, i bet Jagger will hit on her.
Jeroen

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 26, 2016 16:38

Kurt
"AFTER" Obama's visit

Yes, Obama is only the opening act. The Rolling Stones are the headliners.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 26, 2016 16:51

MKjan
Kurt
"AFTER" Obama's visit

hot smiley
Jeroen

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: February 26, 2016 17:41

corriecas
MKjan
Kurt
"AFTER" Obama's visit

hot smiley
Jeroen

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 26, 2016 18:03

MKjan
Kurt
"AFTER" Obama's visit

LOL!!!!!!!!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 26, 2016 23:53

the 20th is gone. the president has to be serious so his show goes first. the stones have to play a weekend so friday night....

thanks obama, you cost me more time and money...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-26 23:54 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2016 00:01

Friday 25th of March 2016 is Good Friday. One of the most important days in the religious year. Last time I was in Cuba during Easter time they did not even serve meat in restaurants on Good Friday. I would assume the 24th or the day before is more safe bet. I can't see any band perform on Good Friday. Then everybody in Cuba, and the rest of the Catholic as well as Protestantic world go to church. The Pope will have a crowd that day...

[www.calendar-12.com]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-27 00:02 by bv.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2016 00:06

bv
Friday 25th of March 2016 is Good Friday. One of the most important days in the religious year. Last time I was in Cuba during Easter time they did not even serve meat in restaurants on Good Friday. I would assume the 24th or the day before is more safe bet. I can't see any band perform on Good Friday. Then everybody in Cuba, and the rest of the Catholic as well as Protestantic world go to church. The Pope will have a crowd that day...

[www.calendar-12.com]

Did not know communist Castro's were religious....winking smiley being religious is not exactly a communist feature.... and those days are not celebrated too much in Catholic countries.... it is more a Protestantism feature

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 27, 2016 00:56

I sure as hell hope it's the 23rd as I'm currently booked to fly out on the 24th !!!!

Anyhow, here comes Porto Alegre so I'll worry about Cuba after that !!!

Chriseganstar

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: February 27, 2016 03:08

mtaylor
bv

[www.calendar-12.com]

Did not know communist Castro's were religious....winking smiley being religious is not exactly a communist feature.... and those days are not celebrated too much in Catholic countries.... it is more a Protestantism feature

Raùl Castro has embraced the current and previous popes hoping it will help end the embargo. A few years ago he made Good Friday a public holiday. Around 60% of Cubans are Catholic, but a much smaller percentage attend mass weekly.

As long as the concert is held after 3pm, there shouldn't be an issue with the concert on the 25th, as long as it's not at the baseball stadium.

If it's still at Estadio Latinoamericano, the Tampa Bay Rays are using the stadium on the 22nd for a game, so it would probably be the 27th before the stage is ready for the concert. Which would add a week to the tour, when everyone is ready to head home, along with being costly to extend the tour a week with no one doing anything that brings in cash.

The concert can't be held on the 20th or 21st at the baseball stadium because it takes approximately 30 hours to remove the stage from the stadium. Then sod needs to be replaced before a game - Detroit's Comerica Park had to replace 22,000 square feet of sod after last summer's Stones concert. Boston's Fenway Park replaced around 45,000 square feet of sod. Replacing the sod would take 12 to 24 hours depending on how much has to be replaced, which makes it impossible to have a game on the 22nd if the Stones play on the 20th.

If the venue has been switched to the land near the arena - Ciudad Deportiva, my guess is the concert is still on the 20th or 21st.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-27 03:16 by GlimmerGirl24.

Date: February 27, 2016 05:08

Land around Ciudad Deportiva.

Date: February 27, 2016 06:57

The Max Champion, formerly known as the Hudson River made it to Mariel's port.

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: February 27, 2016 07:43

Freight stalkers.

Date: February 27, 2016 08:54

marianna
Freight stalkers.

LOL Hopefully they can't get a restraining order.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: February 27, 2016 16:07

[cubajournal.co]

This appears to state a venue...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2016 16:46

mtaylor
and those days are not celebrated too much in Catholic countries.... it is more a Protestantism feature

confused smiley

Posted by: meck1211 ()
Date: February 27, 2016 18:19

additional information in german newspaper "junge welt":

Stones management asked for 100`s hotel rooms 21. and 22. of march

Posted by: silverwings ()
Date: February 27, 2016 19:02

If the Stones play Havana, it will be a free concert and only available to those with a Cuban ID card.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 27, 2016 19:31

Koen
mtaylor
and those days are not celebrated too much in Catholic countries.... it is more a Protestantism feature

confused smiley

Take a look at Italy, it is not even a National Holiday. In Norway / Denmark, both Thursday and Friday are National Holidays.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: February 27, 2016 19:32

silverwings
If the Stones play Havana, it will be a free concert and only available to those with a Cuban ID card.

My thinking is they'll be all too happy to encourage foreign visitors with money to spend.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2016 19:40

Some links related to the rumoured Rolling Stones show in Cuba:

The Sports City Coliseum (El Coliseo de la Ciudad Deportiva)
[cubaholidays.co.uk]

Los Rolling Stones actuarán en La Habana a finales de marzo, según medios cubanos
[cultura.elpais.com]

Confirmado: The Rolling Stones tocarán en La Habana
[www.cibercuba.com]

Bjornulf

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 27, 2016 21:17

If the Stones change the date from before Obama's arrival to after, I'm screwed as I have to be back at work on March 23 in California. I don't see why they would need to do it "after" when the show would be the day before Obama arrived anyway if it was on March 20. Any insiders with any more info as to the actual date?

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: February 27, 2016 21:19

GlimmerGirl24
mtaylor
bv

[www.calendar-12.com]

Raùl Castro has embraced the current and previous popes hoping it will help end the embargo. A few years ago he made Good Friday a public holiday. Around 60% of Cubans are Catholic, but a much smaller percentage attend mass weekly.

As long as the concert is held after 3pm, there shouldn't be an issue with the concert on the 25th, as long as it's not at the baseball stadium.

If it's still at Estadio Latinoamericano, the Tampa Bay Rays are using the stadium on the 22nd for a game, so it would probably be the 27th before the stage is ready for the concert. Which would add a week to the tour, when everyone is ready to head home, along with being costly to extend the tour a week with no one doing anything that brings in cash.

The concert can't be held on the 20th or 21st at the baseball stadium because it takes approximately 30 hours to remove the stage from the stadium. Then sod needs to be replaced before a game - Detroit's Comerica Park had to replace 22,000 square feet of sod after last summer's Stones concert. Boston's Fenway Park replaced around 45,000 square feet of sod. Replacing the sod would take 12 to 24 hours depending on how much has to be replaced, which makes it impossible to have a game on the 22nd if the Stones play on the 20th.

If the venue has been switched to the land near the arena - Ciudad Deportiva, my guess is the concert is still on the 20th or 21st.

I sure hope you are right!!!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home