Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Undercover Of The Night 2 versions
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:25

Rockman
Under Cover Of The Night - Dub version ---- 6.22

12" maxi single
The Singles 1971-2006

Here's the Aussie version Rockee!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 1, 2020 01:41

Fanks man …. id have
it somewhere …. And we gained 5 secs … hhhhaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: February 1, 2020 07:09

One of the greatest albums they ever did. 90% of the people reading this will have no idea what I’m talking about but phase 3 of the Stones with Ronnie on 2nd guitar was what I call the rhythm machine.
It started with Black and Blue and ended with Undercover and that was the glorious end to the Stones recording career.
I’m paraphrasing slightly but I remember one reviewer saying “ this song makes me feel like I’m strapped to a freight train going through a tunnel with Sly and Robbie shoveling coal on the engine”

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 1, 2020 10:04

It certainly has that dark unsettling energy which characterises some of their greatest work... and which has been a little thin on the ground since.

Re: Track Talk: Undercover Of The Night
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 2, 2023 05:30

40 years since this song was released as of oct 31

and it's one of my favorites

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 2, 2023 10:46

Bloody hell ! 40 years ? The older you get...the faster it flies.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 2, 2023 12:40

Love this tune, and there's even better to be found on the album

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:03

lem motlow
One of the greatest albums they ever did. 90% of the people reading this will have no idea what I’m talking about but phase 3 of the Stones with Ronnie on 2nd guitar was what I call the rhythm machine.
It started with Black and Blue and ended with Undercover and that was the glorious end to the Stones recording career.
I’m paraphrasing slightly but I remember one reviewer saying “ this song makes me feel like I’m strapped to a freight train going through a tunnel with Sly and Robbie shoveling coal on the engine”

Great description...I guess I'm a 10 percenter.

It's been 40 years and the screams from the centre of 42 is still loud enough to bust your brains out.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 2, 2023 14:55

Love that blistering guitar solo!

Track Talk: Undercover Of The Night
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 2, 2024 22:07

The Rolling Stones – Undercover (Of the Night) (Official Lyric Video)

Video con letras en Español: The Rolling Stones - Undercover (of the Night)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2024 05:38

lem motlow

I concur.

It's a blistering, funky, swaggering display of their talents at the end peak of their creativity and musicianship.

It just didn't "sound" right or sound Rolling Stones enough for people.

Which is ridiculous but whatever.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 3, 2024 20:53

Undercover the album was really the end of the Stones as a relevant rock band in terms of new music. It took forty years for them to release an album that compares with it. Hackney to me is the best album since Some Girls. But Undecover is very good and the title track is really great! SOmehwere out there ther is version of Undercover Of the Night without the fake drums and production I cannot find it. WBCN in Boston played it a few times before they were told they had gotten the wrong song to play. I have searched for 41 years years for it and I cannot find it. I had recorded it off the radio but I lost my case of cassettes somewhere over the years. i would love to find it. I remember liking it better than the official release.

Date: February 4, 2024 08:06

slew
Undercover the album was really the end of the Stones as a relevant rock band in terms of new music. It took forty years for them to release an album that compares with it. Hackney to me is the best album since Some Girls. But Undecover is very good and the title track is really great! SOmehwere out there ther is version of Undercover Of the Night without the fake drums and production I cannot find it. WBCN in Boston played it a few times before they were told they had gotten the wrong song to play. I have searched for 41 years years for it and I cannot find it. I had recorded it off the radio but I lost my case of cassettes somewhere over the years. i would love to find it. I remember liking it better than the official release.

AHEM

There is no title track on UNDERCOVER.

Great album, regardless, and their last fully creative work until HACKNEY DIAMONDS.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 4, 2024 21:55

Bridges is way better thanUndercover

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 5, 2024 11:12

slew

Chech the Hot Stuff section, there's literally hundreds of outtakes available from Undercover, with at least a dozen for UOTK, starting with just an acoustic guitar to full blown final track with brass etc. If you want you can indulge yourself to 25 remixes of Too Much Blood.

Mathijs

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 5, 2024 15:56

Just ONE single chord (!) makes such a great song. Masterpiece!

Date: February 7, 2024 08:34

Ha ha

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 7, 2024 10:48

GasLightStreet
Ha ha

Add the production and vibe of these to it and you have Undercover:

Twilight Zone

When the Lady Smiles

Mathijs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-08 14:16 by Mathijs.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1460
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home